It's All About Faith Pt. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hi hon. After you called I decided we should go out for dinner. I just didn't feel like cooking."

"I'm ready whenever you are. I saw a beer bottle in the living room, did you have company?"

"Oh. I forgot to pick that up. Yes, Doug was by but since you weren't here he didn't stay long."

"Where's Kali?"

"He just said she was busy, so I don't know. How are Mitch's plans coming?"

"He's getting it nailed down. There will be a wine tasting at the open house."

"Are we going?"

"Unless you don't want to we are. In fact, he's inviting Carly and Brenda and I don't know who else, but about everybody we know. I'm sure Brad and Laura will be there too."

"Too bad it's so early in the spring. I just hope it's warm enough to make the day pleasant."

"I'm sure it won't be warm enough to be naked, but I'll bet shorts will be okay. The days are warming up fast."

"Maybe that would be for the best anyway, at least for what Mitch is trying to accomplish."

"As long as it doesn't rain, I'm sure it will be a success."

Mitch or the open house didn't come up again, and in fact they avoided talking about any of their friends or recent adventures and were home and in bed early. They were in bed early and Anita said, "I don't know why I'm so tired."

"I am too hon, night," and they shared a kiss, turned off the light and went to sleep.

Time was passing quickly as Mitch dealt with last minute problems or had last minute ideas or made changes. Carly and Brenda were riding up with Mitch and Layla, and Doug and Kali would go with Buck and Anita a little later in the morning. Brad and Laura would go up in their car, because they had to stay in New Renovo. Mitch considered opening the motel, but that presented a whole other set of problems that he didn't have the time or the strong desire to get involved in.

The weekend before the open house Brenda got a call. "Brenda, it's Wendy, sorry to bother you at work."

"That's okay, what's up?"

"A guy named Lee Thurgood just called me that says he used to live in Discovery. He's in his car across the street and got my number from the sign that we posted out there. Anyway he was blown away by the changes and thought he was in the wrong place except for the Comstock sign that's still out by the road. That and the water tower. He asked about you and if there was anyway to get in touch with you. I said I'd try and he's going to go to Ethel's and eat and wait to see if you'll call him there. He remembers Ethel too of course. Curious that I don't remember him though. Of course I didn't see him, just talked to him. I have his cell number if you'd rather just call him."

"Wow, there's a name from my past. I do remember him, but it's been along time. I used to hang out with his younger sister at boarding school. Okay, give me his number and I'll call him. I wonder what prompted him to come back after all this time?"

"It's anybody's guess, but I'd be curious to hear the answer."

"I'll fill you in when I get there next Saturday. Oh and thanks for letting me crash with you again."

"I'm looking forward to it. I think it's going to be a fun weekend. I'll have a surprise I hope. If not I'm going to be so disappointed."

"Too bad I can't get up there Friday night. Okay, wish me luck on my call and I'll see you before lunch Saturday."

Brenda hung up and dialed Lee's number and waited. When she heard his voice she told him, "Hi, it's Brenda."

"You did call, fantastic, how are you?"

"I'm getting along quite well, how about you?"

"Doing great. I heard about your divorce awhile back. Discovery syndrome?"

"That's about it, you married?"

"Was until about a month ago, but I didn't suffer from the same condition."

"Any connection between that event and you looking for me?"

"Yes and no. I've thought about you a lot of times and whenever I see Sis, your name comes up."

"Now is Cindy doing?"

"Great. Married for about three or four years now and very happy."

"I'm glad to hear that, tell her I said hello. In fact, I'll give you my cell number and have her call me."

"I'll do that."

"I'll bet you're curious about what happened to Discovery."

"Yeah, what the hell happened?"

"It's a long story. Wait, what are you doing next weekend?"

"Nothing planned, what do you have in mind?"

"Meet me at Ethel's in New Renovo. I'll be with the owner and realtor of that area along with his wife and a girlfriend. You can drive me back to what is now called Phoenix Lane and we can talk."

"Fantastic, I can't wait to see you and hear the story."

"Be there by about ten thirty then."

"I'll be there, bye."


Chapter One Hundred Fifty Four


Saturday finally arrived and Mitch, Layla, Carly, and Brenda headed toward Phoenix Lane. Carly was going to help Wendy to set up and man Casey's, but it was still going to be Wendy that would try to charm and cajole people into trying on different garments. This, for Wendy, was the best of situations. She would be more interested in getting people to take their clothes off than selling anything. She really didn't care if they bought or not in fact. Her job, as she saw it, was to help people have fun and experience an adventure.

Lee was waiting for Brenda and they shared a long embrace and talked for some time before joining the others and they continued to talk for several more minutes before leaving. Mitch's thoughts were on his big project, so he was a little preoccupied and quiet as they made the short drive to the apartment. Brenda and Lee stayed at Ethel's and talked over another cup of coffee and then they too left the restaurant. "So what do you think Lee, you sticking around for the festivities?"

"I can't say no. I'll have more time to see you and learn more about all of the changes."

"Sorry there isn't a place for you to stay there."

"That's okay; the motel in New Renovo isn't that far away. Are you sure you don't mind me tagging along with you today?"

"Of course not. The only reason I said I'd go was because I'm curious about how it will go and besides, we'll get to taste a lot of wine and maybe even buy some."

The security gate was locked open, so with Brenda directing, Lee drove in and took the first parking spot he saw at the far end of the square toward the hardware store. They slowly walked hand in hand as Brenda pointed out different things and commented on them. Lee told her, "They did a great job with the design. This place looks older and very inviting. You could almost imagine this is forty years ago or more."

"I know. Faith really had a lot of good ideas. Her problem was in executing those ideas and not go off the deep end. She had this need to go high end. The Playhouse is a good example. She didn't need to make it that fancy or even that big, but that was her way. She didn't need to furnish and decorate the units as nicely as she did, but again that was her. She meant well, but she failed totally.

Even the apartment...wait, I just remembered something. Let's go find the others."

The first one they saw was Layla and Brenda asked her, "Would you mind if Lee slept in your spare bed?"

"No, of course not," and she looked at him and added, "I guess I was just assuming you would, I'm sorry."

"Thank you Layla and no reason to be sorry."

"Well you and Brenda can share it of course."

"Oh...um, yeah thanks," and he noticed that Brenda was smiling and trying to look surprised.

Brenda hooked her arm through his and said, "Come on, I'll show you the apartment and then you can get your bag."

As soon as they were in the alcove at the bottom of the stairs Lee stopped and said, "Brenda...about this bed sharing thing. That's a little awkward for both of us."

She smiled and said, "I know it is. I'll stay with Wendy okay?"

"Now I feel like I'm kicking you out."

"No, that's where I was planning to stay anyway. I just wanted to see you squirm just a little."

"You haven't changed a bit. I can't wait to tell Sis about what you just did."

"I think we should go up and call her." And that's just what they did and Brenda and Cindy talked for quite awhile as Cindy said repeatedly that she wished she could be there.

The wine guy was set up just outside of Alice's. He had a tub of ice to cool the white wines and insulated chests to keep the reds from over heating when the sun came around to him. With stacks of small clear plastic glasses to one side he was open for business. The white wine lists were stacked in a few places for the people to study and the small bar was crowded right from the moment it opened. His assistant, a young guy that didn't look old enough to be there took care of the orders, but he never helped with the serving, so he had to be between eighteen and twenty one. If the women got brave at some point in the sunny upper sixties day he was going to get an education.

Mitch was trying hard to be in two places at once as he ushered people through available units, answer questions and not seem hurried or stressed. It was a tough day, but he loved every minute of it. Wendy and Carly were in Casey's, but they weren't busy at first. People trickled in and looked around and a couple of the women even bought some shorts and tops. The reaction to the dressing area was the usual sticking point, but Wendy talked them through it, and Carly watched and listened. It wasn't long before she was using the same pitch and was having fun right along with Wendy.

Anita and Layla spent most of their time at or near the patio tables and stayed busy talking to and answering questions from the visitors, and Brad and Laura pretended to be curious visitors looking for a second home. Anita got a second alone with Layla and told her, "I like Laura well enough, but Brad makes me feel uncomfortable for some reason. Not bad, but there's just something about him."

"He doesn't make me uncomfortable, but he doesn't do anything for me either. I haven't heard Mitch or Buck make over Laura either."

"Now that you mention it, I haven't either."

Buck had spent the afternoon moving around and helping however he could, getting more ice for the white wine from the restaurant and carrying trays of snacks and cheese out to the tables as Ethel got them ready. Then Ethel surprised Buck with an ice cold beer and they hid in the restaurant and talked for awhile. Kali wandered in and sitting next to Buck took a long drink of his beer and then asked, "Have you seen Doug?"

"I'm not sure I've seen him since we got here."

"I asked Layla, because they've kind of stayed together this afternoon, but she hasn't seen him and in fact she asked me if I'd seen Anita."

"I haven't seen her for...I don't know, but for quite awhile."

"Oh well, he'll find his way back sooner or later I guess."

"Nita might be helping Mitch with showing the open units, since she knows so much about them."

"Most of the residents have left for the day it seems."

"I don't blame them, I'd do the same thing. Had it been warm and nice out, the locals might not have been so cooperative."

"That's true." Buck and Kali wandered back out then and just milled around together. It was now past five o'clock and things were slowing down quite a bit. Layla, Brenda and Carly were sitting at a table so Buck and Kali joined them to talk about the days events. With the last prospective buyer gone Mitch joined them and dropped into a chair in exhaustion.

"Damn I'm beat, but what a great day. Thanks all of you for your help and support." Wendy joined them and sat next to Mitch as he asked her, "Sell anything?"

"Not a huge amount, but certainly more than I would have expected. I didn't get any call for free stuff though."

"No sales, but I lost count of the people that were very interested and asked good questions. Most of them said they'd be back tomorrow for a second look so I'm optimistic. I'm hoping for more of course, but if I sell one unit tomorrow, it won't be too bad. I'm sure others will be back." Mitch left them for a few minutes and then came back and put two open bottles of wine on the table along with a stack of plastic glasses. "Drink up and then I'll take us all to Ethel's in town for dinner, my treat."

Anita and Doug finally reappeared and Kali asked them, "Where have you two been?"

Doug glanced at her and said, "Oh, just walking around trying to stay out of the way. Anita showed me the hardware store and so forth. Judging from the number of people that showed up I'd say the day was a success."

Mitch nodded and said, "I'd say it went over very well. Even the photographer had some business, so he left happy too. Well, I'm going to wash up, so whenever you want to go to dinner I'll be ready," and he headed to the apartment. That was the trigger so the whole group got up and headed to their temporary quarters and freshened up and then headed to Ethel's in town. Everybody was tired so there was little drinking and celebrating, but everybody went back in good spirits


Chapter One Hundred Fifty Five


The evening was cooling off so they all gathered at the apartment and even Winnie and Jeff joined them for a short time. Winnie went right over to Buck and bent down and kissed him. "Hi, handsome."

Then Buck's hand slipped up her shorts clad leg almost to her pussy and told her, "Hi sweetheart, you staying around for the circus tomorrow?"

"Wouldn't miss it. Jeff and I are going to sit on the balcony and just watch." Then she went over to Mitch and kissed him, and copying Buck his hand went up her leg as they kissed. Everybody was too tired to really start anything, but there was always enough energy to tease or flirt. Lee was introduced to Winnie and Jeff, but with thirteen people in the apartment that normally felt more than adequate, the sound of many voices talking at the same time caused quite a racket.

Then Wendy and Brenda headed to Wendy's cottage, Winnie and Jeff left, and the others settled down. Carly moved over next to Lee and softly asked him, "Did Brenda explain everything to you?"

"I'm not sure."

"About how it works here?"

"Um, no. Because I'm the new one I get to cook or do dishes, right?"

Carly laughed and kissed his cheek and said, "No. When did you leave the area?"

"I went to live with my uncle when I was almost nineteen, why?"

"So you didn't really experience Discovery very much."

"Not a lot...oh, you mean about people dressing sexy or even getting naked."

"Well...yes, that and more."

"I never witnessed a lot, just a lot of almost naked women, but I've heard stories of course."

"Let's go for a walk," and she stood up and reached for his hand. The others hadn't heard their conversation but as they moved, Carly said, "Lee and I are going for a walk. Be back in...well pretty soon." Carly took his hand as soon as they were outside and they went down the stairs. "How old are you Lee?"

"Twenty three, why?"

"Just curious. I'm just around the corner from thirty."

"Well, you certainly look younger."

"Thank you Lee." She had a destination in mind. When they reached Alice's she tried the door and found it unlocked. "I was pretty sure that Wendy hadn't bothered to lock up. Let's go in where it's a little warmer and sit on the couch so we can talk without an audience." As soon as they were seated next to each other Carly took his hand again and asked him, "Do you know what this place used to be?"

"I have no idea."

"It used to be a ladies boutique." She pointed around the room and described what it was like in the beginning. "Shelves along that wall, racks and display tables all along and around most of the store and then long rods mounted along the back wall to hang things on. The bathroom was and is in the far back corner. Now what do you suppose is missing?"

"I don't go into women's clothing stores much so I don't know."

"Dressing rooms. Places where the women could try on things without being seen."

He looked confused and asked her, "How would that work?"

"Well...this nice couch we're sitting on right now? This large carpeted area around us? This was the dressing area. Women would undress right here and try things on while others either ignored them or watched them, man or woman."

"You're kidding. Did you...you know, did you buy things?"

"I tried on and bought a lot of things and some of them while me they husband and Buck watched me. I got very naked several times and several people saw me that way."

"And you didn't care?"

She smiled and told him, "At first I almost peed my panties, but then I got very excited as they flattered me and made over me."

"Well of course they would, I'm sure you looked awesome."

She kissed him lightly and said, "Thank you. Layla and Brenda and Anita...all of us tried on and bought things here and at Casey's. Even bras and panties after we tried them on."

"Damn, right here?"

"Right here, right in front of this couch. I wish I could...I'll try something on right now okay?"

She thought he swallowed as he stared at her and fought to find his voice. "Yes, that would be fantastic."

"I'll try on a skirt," and she walked away and soon came back with a skirt almost identical to one she bought some time ago. "Lee, why don't you take my slacks off for me and help me with the skirt." She was sure Lee wasn't a virgin by any means, but the surprise and the unusual situation was taking a toll on him. He didn't know it, but there were more surprises coming his way.

Carly stood there and watched Lee work at the hook and zipper on her pants as she told him, "You see Lee, as all of us get ready for bed tonight we'll all end up naked. We sleep naked, all in that same oversized bedroom. I doesn't seem right that you and I would be alone...each sleep in a different bed. I think it would be so much nicer if we could sleep next to each other."

Lee had her pants unfastened and was staring to pull them down when she said that. He stopped and looked at her for a second and then smiled. "Yes, I think that is a great idea, Carly. Wait...so I'll strip naked in front of Kali and Anita and everybody?"

"That's right." He coaxed her slacks down and then looked at her in her standing there in her panties and soft top with half sleeves. "Let's see how the skirt fits." He knelt down and she stepped into the skirt and he worked it up over her hips and fastened it. "What do you think, do I look okay in this skirt?"

"You look hot in that skirt."

"But this blouse looks awful with it, so let's get rid of that," and she pulled it over her head. Her bra was small on her thirty six B breasts and he stared at her as she calmly wandered over and came back with a tie front top. She didn't care which one it was, as long as it more or less fit her and showed a lot of skin. She put that on and then posed for him for a minute. "Okay now honey, reach up under my skirt and take my panties off, because that's how we wear skirts like this when we're here...assuming we wear anything, of course." Lee was getting into the game now and was much smoother as he pulled her panties down and held them in his had. "You can have those if you'd like. Take them back and show them to your friends, because they aren't going to believe any of what you tell me about your experiences this weekend."

"No, they sure as hell won't believe me."

"Then we'll go have the photographer take our picture tomorrow and you can show that to them too. Oh, we're going to have fun tomorrow, love. Your friends will be in awe of you after this weekend. We'll get Brenda in on this too."

"Oh shit, that's right, I forgot about Brenda. Well, she won't see anything so that's cool." Carly just smiled. He just didn't know how wrong he was.

Carly reached for his belt then and as she unfastened it and worked on his jeans she said, "I don't want to be the only naked one in here," and he just stood there and watched as she worked to undress him and his very nice hard cock pushed against his briefs. She smiled and knelt so she could work his jeans and underwear down and then with his shoes off, she got rid of his pants and kissed the side of his cock. Then his shirt came off and both of them finished undressing Carly.

1...345678