Journal of Desire Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A car horn honked for her to hurry across the street.

She thought of her adversary. Jonathan Corsair standing like some mythical god, his strong hands jammed against athletic hips. Arrogantly vowing to own The Journal.

Other thoughts, disturbing thoughts, rushed through her mind.

Why had she blushed when she first gazed into his cobalt blue eyes set deep into the rough hewn face? He was ramrod straight before the town's leaders, refusing to be cowed by their power. He dared them to challenge his right to take what he wanted.

Robyn felt the warm blood rush to her cheeks again. I wonder, she thought idly, what would he would feel like beneath that saffron-yellow shirt? What would it feel like to stroke that muscular chest that would have to be as sun-bronzed as his rugged face? Would my fingers tingle at the touch of his boyish tumble of sunburst hair?

The sudden cool shadow cast by The Journal building broke Robyn's thought. She sighed. It's changed. Everything changed with her father's funeral. His last words kept running through her heart.

"The Journal is in your hands now, Robyn," her father said. "I could not be at peace until you came back to watch over it."

Now she had ninety days to turn the newspaper around. Could she keep the Journal out of the grasping hands of Jonathan Corsair and Senator Helene Falkland?

12