All Comments on 'Julia'

by Harddaysknight

Sort by:
  • 338 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Not one of your better efforts

...unless there's a sequel. As it is, the story seems very incomplete. The odds of the husband finding the wife in the only five minutes she's cheated in her life by pure random chance also seems extremely low. It seems like there's much more to this story but we'll never know it since you cut it off in the middle. The emotions seem formulaic and his reconcilliation seems rushed.

On the other hand, you're one of very few authors who doesn't title a story part 1 when it's the first part, so maybe there will be more that will redeem this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Well....

I agree with the former comments not one of your better efforts forget the sequel its not worth saving

Blue88Blue88about 18 years ago
Absolutely outstanding

Damn, this little tale tells in graphic detail the consequences of adultery - the pain, the anguish the probable destruction of a loving marriage, and HDK tells it like few others. I was riveted by this and my heart went out to all of the characters. Superb work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
I liked it

I liked the way the daughter stuck it to both of them & engineered getting them together. It's obvious that Julia realises that she made a terrible mistake & is truly sorry. Reconciliation would be a god thing in spite of what the rednecks out there will yell & scream at you. It needs a sequel though, justice demands that Ted be dealt with. Perhaps Cindy could take care of that too? I like your work & watch for your stories. Keep it up

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Great story lousy or no ending

Either needs a sequel or a better ending.

FireFox59FireFox59about 18 years ago
Thanks HDK

Always enjoy your work.

Nightowl22Nightowl22about 18 years ago
A lot of emotion in a little space

I always like HDKs stories.

I am sure they can live together in a loving atmosphere. That is, congeniality prevails but the trust just won't be there, not fully anyway. Counseling could well give the answer they need. Only time would tell. Julia cetainly sounds like a repentent strayer.

Is this a happy ending? Why should he stay? A good man doesn't run from a problem, he solves it.

Of course, kicking the bloody shit out of Ted would make me feel better and I think Gary, too.

capecodmercurycapecodmercuryabout 18 years ago
interesting

HDK, I found this story interesting because of the way that you used the daughter. You had the daughter saying a lot of the lines and showing the emotions usually expressed by the injured spouse. It was different seeing how the parties reacted to a third party. I liked it a lot.

But, imagine the twist if the daughter was scheming with the mother to hide her indiscretions?

As to needing a sequel, I'm not so sure. I think most of us can fill it in the way we envision the ending going.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
I don't think it needs a sequel.

This was a great job of showing the emotions. I agree with capecodmercury that the way the daughter was used as a foil was very interesting.

It's not clear why Julia did it... but is there always a reason? Sometimes shit just happens!

Keep up the good work.

Regards, DJ

gizzmo301gizzmo301about 18 years ago
Good

great story filled with a lot of raw emotion. very well done

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 18 years ago
I disagree with anonymous

HDK good story. It stands on its own. You did a great job capturing the consequences of a cheat. Although I wouldn't have minded seeing some kind of revenge on the perps.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
that's fuck up

what was the point.the man that fuck her can do it again and dad in a corner crying like a bitch.the daughter got more balls than the dad.it take some cold blooded shit to fuck your co-worker at your retirement party bareback.you run a away like somebody bitch.this story was to show how strong the daughter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
funny

Thanks, very funny stuff.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Forgiveness

How do you throw away 20something years of marriage? How can you forgive the pain and betrayal caused by a spouse. His first reaction was to run and reorganize his new life. At that moment, he didn't believe there was nothing to save. When a marriage goes through something like this it's almost like a death. First there's pain, then rage, finally acceptance, moving forward towards dissolution or both parties work at their problems, saving the marriage. I didn't see this. I saw a story resolved through dialogue, not action. I needed more. It had a promising start, but it wasn't delivered.

1) I don't think he could move back into the home without giving some conditions. I don't see a way he couldn't resent what she did and just move forward.

2) I don't find it acceptable why she was unfaithful. "It just happened" is a lousy excuse. If she goes to a party and (a) has a couple of drinks, (b) feels depressed, (c) has a bad hair day, d(Just because), is she going to be unfaithful again?

Crying or having a daughter that at a drop of a hat becomes a therapist won't resolve the problems this marriage has. If so, this girl will have to do it again and again because we didn't get to see or understand what exactly happened to this marriage to fall into infedility.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Load of Crap

Instant Pudding doesn't set up as fast as this this couple reconciled in this totally horseshit story. Therefore it is a load of crap.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Not your best work

He just forgave too quickly after seeing her fuck over him. It doesn't happen this way. She had no real consequences. I would have rather seen the daughter kick her mother's ass. Wife got off too easy. He would never have a reason to trust Julia again. Are you starting to write wimp husband stories now?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
best author-mediocre plot

To me, you are one of the best authors still active on Literotica, but somehow this plot seems kind of stilted. Given that these tales never explain how a wife of twenty some odd years suddenly and inexplicably lets herself be seduced at his retirement party, why does the husband always just pack his bag and hide like a coward, instead of confronting his wife. When you add to that a daughter, who suddenly becomes Attila the Hun, the plot becomes a little contrived. Why doesn't he tell loving daughter to get lost and resolve or not resolve his differences with Julia himself? For a fine writer, this is ,so far, not one of your great plots. 60 year old George

K.K.K.K.about 18 years ago
I Had Hoped for More

from this story as I usually like HDK's work. My problem with this story is the behavior of Julia. I just can't believe that a woman who loves her husband and has been faithful to him for 23 years would be so easily seduced at her husbands retirement party. Her behavior at the party is that of a woman who either has cheated on her husband before and slipping off for a quickie at a party is a normal thing for her to do or after 23 years she no longer loves or respects her husband and decided to fuck his work associate out of spite.

Nothing in Julia's comments to her husband and daughter explain her behavior. Too much to drink and she was seduced by a man that she doesn't have any feelings for. Again, not the behavior of a first time adulterer. At the end HDK leaves us with the hope that the couple will save their marriage. I think the only thing that can save this story and make it seem real would be for HDK to write another chapter where the truth about Julia comes out.

One other problem I had with the story is the idea of a retirement party for a 45 year old. I don't know of any companies that have a retirement plan that begins at age 45. The cut off is usually 55. He could have resigned and then started to draw his retirement income later which would have made his party a going away party. Small point but it hurts the realism of the story.

Sorr HDK. I like most of your stories but this one isn't up to par.

Risq_001Risq_001about 18 years ago
You know HDK, it amazes me you dislike JPB

........latest story

I mean you both work at opposite ends of the same street.

He writes about slut wives, but he goes into "WAY" too much detail sometimes about what their doing in his story. Sometimes he has the husband walk away, sometimes he has the husband stay but ask the wife quit what she’s doing, sometimes he has the husband just accept what the wife is doing and go on, and at other times he has the husband joining in. Can’t say I always agree or like the stories, but the variance is there.

But you, you go the other way. In your stories there really isn't anything that a wife can’t do to a husband, or prospective husband, that you don’t have them forgive her and take her back by the end of the story. And this story again is proof of that. I still can't believe you decided to condemn JPB on his story yesterday, and you’re always pulling something similar with the “forgive at any and all cost” themes to your stories. You are a good writer, and I’ve always said that and will continue to say that because you are really creative, but you are still just as predictable as Bob is when it comes to the theme and ending of your stories.

I mean take this story for instance, I'm sorry but if there was ever a reason for "no" forgiveness this story was it. In this story, at the husbands going away party, the wife claim’s to for the first time to have snuck away for sex with one of her husbands "soon" to be ex-coworker. What a legacy to leave behind for her husband to be remembered by a wife that is supposed to love him in front of the people that know and supposedly respect him. The wife of a VP no less.

Since you started a theme at the end of this story, let me ask you using that theme (and for every other reconciliation at any cost believer), these questions. If you answer honestly, I think you might be surprised.

You’re on a jury and while you sitting there you see the defendant. The defendant looks pitiful. They look lost. They really look like they remorseful about why they are here. But in the meantime, during the trial, you find out that the defendant ran from the police, was in a shoot out trying to keep from being arrested, wounded a couple of officers in the process, fought with the officers, and threatened them while they were being booked. It’s revealed that they fought very hard not to get caught and tried to hide everything they did at every turn, but in the end they still got busted. Now when finally cornered they are at trial and they have to face up to everything they did. At some point you have to ask yourself “Are they really sorry for what they did, or was it because after they got caught, and now they have to pay for what they have done, it’s just now sunk in they are in real trouble?” Would you say to your fellow jurors "Hey they look like they are sorry and really feel bad, lets forget the trial and move to the next guy".

But maybe they are truly sorry, but why did they fight so hard to keep hiding it? Also ask yourself this: Would you be more or less sympathetic to someone who did the exact same thing wrong, but went down to the police station turned themselves in, and asked for mercy from the court because, while they did something wrong, they know it was wrong, and want to be forgiven and pay the price to do what is required to make it right? There wouldn't be a trial if they tried to make restitution.

Remorseful people don’t wait till they are caught to say they are sorry and want to do what's right. And they "don’t" take the offensive against the ones they have wronged so they can continue hiding it till caught.

Compare what I said to your story here: The wife snuck off with his co-worker, had sex with him, pretended with the kids she didn't "know" why her husband could have left a party in his honor, cried and told the daughter she had no idea why the husband could have possibly left her, conspired with her daughter to ambush and confront the husband while still deceiving the daughter as to why the husband left her, acted like she had "no" idea why the husband left when she confronted him, and even tried to bluff her way out of it with him, and in the end only admitted guilt when she was trapped and there was no other option of a way out.

And you want to sell that as a remorseful wife who was truly sorry for what she did and wants to make it up to the husband?!?! To me that is a wife who went into what she did with both eyes wide opened, and now that she was confronted and trapped into admitting what she did, is made see what the price of what she has done is going to be, is trying to work it out so that she doesn’t have to pay it. In what world is that remorse?

And you don't feel it makes the husband look bad, that he looks like a sad character, who doesn’t want to have to live his life alone (even though he gave it a couple of days of a trial run), bawled his eyes in front of his wife because she cheated on him and tells her he'll stay with her long as she doesn't love the other guy. Just because they've been married for 20+ years? Wow, I wish everyone knew about this magic "you can't divorce me if I cheat once or twice rule because I have tenure" that seems to be a common theme. The things you find out from reading on a website. I wonder if my wife will buy that arguement one day. Somehow I doubt it though. That is another thing that you always seem keep as a theme is “don’t throw away a marriage because the wife (or husband) cheated.” What?? She threw it away first, all the other character is being left with is the option to clean it up the mess that was made. The first person to cheat is throwing it away, not the innocent party. It’s like folks who spout this saying out are helping justify why people who do this should be always forgiven. Why is that?

The only thing you didn't add to the story to make it complete was after they made up the husband going out to try and stomp a mud hole in the butt of the guy that had sex with his wife at his party. That would have wrapped up the whole forgive, but get revenge on the other guy theme that so many others like to use.

*Sigh*

You really shouldn’t be giving JPB all that grief if you’re going to stick to your same formula/theme of “forgiveness and reconciliation at all cost no matter the cheater might have done.”

-Risq

ChagrinedChagrinedabout 18 years ago
Not the best effort for these reasons

I can't help but feel this was rushed. You have all your normal components there, however they weren't blended in to the usual HDK motif. But you are branching out and that is great!

What the story lacked was a good reason for the adultery. Ususlly there is a bit of foreshadowing and you missed that this time around.

The daughter was a good foil to show, and very well I might add, that a spousal betrayal is a betrayal of the whole family. This is something so many people out therre don't want to admit to. Thisis why a pet pieve of mine is when the uthor HAS to mention that the characters have kids and then just leave them out of the story. They are children, not pieces of furniture. You did a great service by pointing that out. But you left out the son. What was his take? What do you think HE might have said? Or do I have to provide that? :-) (hmmm that might be an idea!)

And the daughter was a little TOO mature in some areas. Lastly, you ended it a bit too quickly. The parts you spent in showing us hubby doing all this to start his new job, only to have it go for naught apparently, could have been used to sort out their lives and the resolution to the problems.

Otherwise, great job!

Love ya,

C

Risq_001Risq_001about 18 years ago
PS - I need to retract a couple of comments.......

I shouldn't have said you "always" use the forgive and forget theme in all of your stories. Thats not entirely true, because its really situational when you use it. But I would say that you do use it alot in the same situation of your stories, where the husband or wife has cheated a few times and then gets caught, or eventually confesses.

I appologizes for the inferrence that you use it all the time. You don't. You have some stories where where you wrote cheating took place and there was no going back. But usually those were only in rare cases where in the story the wife had a long history of cheating. If they cheat once or twice you have the husband forgive them and pretend nothing has happened in the marriage. Somehow I doubt many would ever be that forgiving. Once someone cheats on you and tries to get away with it, your always going to think from time to time "I wonder if they are doing it again and just got smarter about hiding it?!?!".

And to make matters worse if someone comes up to you at any point in your life, after you are supposedly to have forgiven your mate for cheating, and they say to you "I just saw your wife/husband going into a hotel with someone who wasn't you". Nine times out of ten (I'd really bet 10 out of 10 times) the first response you'll think of, will be "Oh my God, not again" and not "No that couldn't possibly be my wife/husband. They would never do something like that". See, it will taint you forever once they do it. Because they have already demostrated by past actions they can do something like this to you.

Thats why I can't see some of these reconcilation stories making sense. Once the trust is gone, its gone. You could rebuild it into an "arrangement" where you try to feel comfortable living with that person, but you will never truely trust that person because you can't honestly forget something that painful. You just try not to think about it when you can.

But I do again appologize for inferring that you always use the same theme in every story. But you do use it an awful lot in stories where the wife cheats a few times as a reason for the husband not to to divorce her.

-Risq

TLeeTLeeabout 18 years ago
Bullshit

Let's all cheer for the wimp cry baby. This is a cuckold idiot married to a cheating slut. Why would the stupid asshole believe anything the unfaithful whore says? Who did father the children? How many times has she committed adultery? Will she cheat again? You can make book that she will. But, we demand a happy ending. Bullshit.

ChagrinedChagrinedabout 18 years ago
Damn Good analysis Risq

For this story.

I think what we have here is an internal view of the world. HDK probably does believe that most of the time, a single instance of infidelity can be oversome and you don't just toss the baby out with the bath water. So he writes his stories in that vein. But he hardly needs me to come to his defense and I would not presume to do that. I kind of like knowing what to expect. If he suddenly wrote a cuchold story I would shoot myself!

Having said that, you have a great point. Let's just make sure we apply it evenly across the board.:-) Very insightful.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Why does the other guy allways get the pussy and

get off scott free. I love to read stories where the other guy has to pay for fucking up a marriage, yet he always seems to fuck and go..This sucks..Now if there were some real men around then maybe I'd get some satisfaction..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Hilarious

This is funny stuff! The funniest story you've written so far. You have the husband act like a scorned female and the wife like a foolish man, brilliant! And having the young daughter declaim like a Victorian noble woman the whole time was the icing on the cake. You remain my favorite comic writer on the site!

TLeeTLeeabout 18 years ago
Bullshit, redux

Nightowl, are you of this planet? You and many others suggest that Ted needs an ass kicking. Did Ted rape the cheating slut? Did Ted drug the unfaithful whore? Did the whore confess her adultery? NO! NO! NO! Ted may deserve an ass kicking. But, what about the cheating slut? It's just happy trails for her and to hell with everyone else. And the wimp cry baby can live happily ever after. Bullshit.

peggytwittypeggytwittyabout 18 years ago
This was great entertainment! and some controversy

I have to agree with KK and his comments except the retirement was a going away party like when you been at a job a long time and leave. My brother retired from his job very early and the company paid for a shindig, as he had represented them for 28 years. Gary said he could get by till his retirement kicked in later in life, as my brothers has just kicked in with all the agreed to former professional benefits like health care and certain other perks that He had done on his own for over ten years.

I respect Risq but differ greatly with his assertions.

This was very different to have the daughter act like a consular. She was definitely Daddies little girl and couldn’t stand dad’s pain. I think the big question is what KK said, why would the wife just do this right now under all the circumstances. I’d consider it a great job if you give us chapter two and let us see how this family copes and can mom and dad build a new life. There is no clear cut answer to how this will evolve, so if a reader had the pull I’d say you owe us a chapter 2. Hell! You don’t owe us anything but it’s just my way of getting you to write another of your great stories.

It wasn’t perfect but I liked it. Hell I don’t agree all the time with DG, KK, DJ, Vastie, and so many other good Authors on Literotica.

I really think all the people I respect and appreciate on Literotica like a story that causes some controversy.

You are one of the best and I was very entertained with this fantasy.

Thank you

With highest regards

Peggytwitty

jaggers0053jaggers0053about 18 years ago
hardly your best effort

i got the message about cheating can effect the whole family,you did touch on it briefly. however, this supposedly mature daughter was over the top with her immature ranting while confronting her mother.

i believe an attempt should be made to save long term marriages,something must have held them together for that long.not all survive and many shouldn't . with the known facts given,this one should.

in my opinion this story went down the tube with the confrontation in the kitchen.not much imagination in the final dialog betweens spouses. you could have just as easily ended it with :

husband: "you've been a naughty wife.do you promise to be good from now on?".

wife: "yes"

husband: "ok"

looking forward to your next story. i do love your stories.really.

don

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
it's so freakin' stupid!

this is like a 5-minute Jerry Springer commentary! it's neither serious nor tongue in cheek enough to take it seriously or to laugh silly with it; it's just fuckin' meciorely bad!

Blue88Blue88about 18 years ago
Oh Boy

I know I'm going to sorry for getting involved, but I felt compelled to chime in. Why does there always have to be a reason for erratic behavior? Jeez, just read the newspaper or watch the news. People do crazy things and many times for no sane reason.

Many years ago I was witness to something virtually identical to what happened in this story. It was at a neighborhood New Year's Eve party and one of the wives got tipsy and did exactly what Julia did. Unfortunately, she was also caught. Her marriage was destroyed, her husband divorced her and moved across the country. She remained our friend and for years after vowed that she had no idea why she did what she did. We believed her. Sometimes shit happens.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Same old horse poop

These stories are becoming more common than the ones about the black men always having the huge cocks, you know, the ones you and your evangelicals and racists hate so much. You have the same template for too many of your stories. Just because he took her back this time doesn't make this creative. Nothing new here.

thebulletthebulletabout 18 years ago
Yep, I'm with Blue88

Of course the likelihood of the husband walking up to and watching wifey's only illicit sexual encounter in her history is kinda slim. On the other hand, if hubby didn't see it or at least learn of it, then there wouldn't be much of a story, would there?

I just don't understand why people haven't caught on to HDK's act yet. To me it is fairly obvious that he picks around the edges of the cheating wife genre, finding a slightly different slant every time.

The husband doesn't always take the wife back. Sometimes he shoots the lover's ball off. Sometimes he allegedly goes on extended business trips until wifey's infidelity is pregnantly obvious.

The passion of the responders is odd. For them, there ain't no room for mistakes, screw ups, drunken fuck ups, whatever. A single step onto to the grass on the other side of the fence is grounds for execution.

HDK is usually on the side of letting the punishment fit the crime. A wife who has been faithful except for a single instance of temporary insanity can usually be redeemed in HDK's world. He deals with the wifey frequent flyer with a firmer hand.

But the bottom line is: please allow HDK to write his little pieces without the barrage of expectations that invariably weigh his work down. For me he always achieves his goal: a slightly new and askance look at a subject that is being worn into the ground on Literotica.

If you lined all of the cheating wife stories in a row and compared them one to another, almost every one of HDK's stories would be placed in a seperate subgroup of their own. I always look forward to his stuff.

To me he is always successful.

SalamisSalamisabout 18 years ago
I liked all of it

Would that life would be as simple as is portrayed in these stories. Unfortunately, every betrayed husband is not an ex-Navy Seal or a professional stoic. I wonder if some of the consternation about this story has to do with the husband crying and being immediately unable to confront his wife. Men do cry and it does not detract at all from their character or masculinity.

This story takes place in a span of a few days. So if there is any uneasiness I would have in the piece it’s that it’s too short to allow for any insight into Julia’s motives or any response to Ted’s actions.

The only ‘hint’ we have is that Gary thinks that he ‘never realized how nice his wife’s tits really were’, leading me to speculate that perhaps he was not paying her a good deal of attention before this party. For Julia, the venue suggests she wanted to get caught.

I am usually one to be put off that the children in these tales are rarely more than footnotes or appendages. In this instance the daughter actually has a major role, and for the inclusion of just that one element I would rate the story a ‘5’. Infidelity IS a family affair.

I will likely be a minority in this forum, but I loved this story because of its humanity and emotionalism. While not as original as ‘Yesterday’ this story was indeed thought provoking. Thanks for sharing it with us.

xbowxbowabout 18 years ago
Incredible Mood Swings

After reading this story I almost wondered if it should have been in the Humor and Satire category since the emotional reactions of the characters were so overdone that they were a caricature of reality.

In the beginning of the story Gary is an emotional basket case and throws up everything in his stomach after seeing his wife cheating.

After getting a ride home he becomes completely calm. He packs a suitcase and leaves to begin his new life alone.

Next he breaks down completely and balls for 5 minutes when Julia challenged him to justify his actions. (This is completely unreal for me since I have trouble believing anyone wouldn’t be enraged by her unfair and hypocritical attack.)

Abruptly calm again Gary rebuked Cindy for speaking inappropriately to her mother before questioning Julia why she cheated on him before agreeing to a trial reconciliation.

Julia, a apparently a faithful wife of 23 years, was seduced in a few minutes by on of her husband’s coworker.

Then, within moments of the asshole pulling out, she became so overwhelmed by guilt that she vomited. Afterwards she cried for days because Gary had left her leaving his wedding ring behind.

When Gary walked into the kitchen after being trapped by Cindy, Julia calmly acted like a wronged spouse and demanded Gary account for his actions even to the point of implying that she might divorce him. (How could she doubt that he knew she had cheated?)

But when Gary begins to cry she loses all control, confessed to being unfaithful and begged him to forgive her.

After the party Cindy calmly tracked her dad down and challenged him for his actions before forcing him to talk to Julia.

But after successfully coercing her father into talking with her mother she burst into tears as soon as she saw her father crying and verbally attacked Julia. Remember that this was after Cindy had watched Julia cry for days. Then she goes ballistic when she suddenly realized that her mom had been unfaithful and suggested that her dad beat or even kill her own mother. (Why she was surprised after what had already happened is beyond me.)

Then suddenly she was calm again and believed that her dad should forgive and reconcile with Julia.

I have enjoyed your stories but don’t think this was your best work. Perhaps too much was removed during the editing process.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
I'm tired!!!

I just read all the comments...and now I'm too tired to fully comment. But I agree with K.K. and Risq..001. Their comments were bang on and also a better read than the story itself...sorry HDK...but you concentrated so much on having the story from the daughter's involvement....that the story ran away from you.

'nuff said

Andy

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
I think that you rushed...

this story. I agree with the points made by K.K., Blue88 and Risq. There is no question that people can do crazy things however, the pace of this story was hectic. If this was a one-time slip for Julia what is different now than the other occasions that they would have been at company parties where men would have hit upon her and adult beverages flowing?

There is simply no preamble setting the stage for this betrayal which implies that Julia was a spur of the moment cheater i.e., a true slut. She knew that her husband would be busy socializing with his co-workers during the party so she ran off for a quickie. She was in the bathroom so she could clean up in case she ran into Gary.

If Julia was so overcome with drink why did she tell Ted not to cum in her (She was 42 so it was unlikely she would get pregnant). Perhaps she had done these quickies before and she did not want to explain any wetness later that night to Gary.

The other thing was the timeline. Gary got to the hotel one hour and half after she had fucked Ted and Cindy found her in the bathroom. It took 20 minutes for Cindy to take her home. So what did she do for more than an hour at the party where she was "racked with guilt?" Why did she not get a ride home when she realized that Gary had left (Did she even seek him out to be reassured by his love after this slip)?

It may not have been you intent by the daughter provided perfect cover through her outbursts to defuse Gary's righteous anger and to enable Julia play the "I will do anything to make it up to you, honey" card. I found the uninvited intervention by Cindy to be disturbing and disrespectful. Suppose it turns out that Julia is a lying, cheating slut then this intervention by Cindy would have only prolonged the pain. The possibility is that Cindy is well aware of her mother's activities with other men and she acted to protect her mother. After all, it does not take a genius to conclude that Gary leaving Julia at party and not letting Cindy call her mother indicates martial trouble.

Last point most people think that the length of the marriage (i.e., 23 years) buys some special consideration for forgiveness and reconciliation when I would argue that a betrayal in a long term relationship has less basis for any break. The couple knows each other well so the cheater can not pretend that they were acting out the other person's fantasy or did not understand how the person would feel. There is nothing which cuts deeper than a betrayal by a life long friend versus someone you have known for a few years.

SleeplessinMD

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Hey, it's just a story!

First, thanks to the author for his effort, no matter how half-hearted it may have SEEMED.

The story kept setting off my bullshit alarm, so it wasn't all that entertaining. The husband character's emotions went all over the place, so that although there was lots of emotion it didn't seem real. The daughter character appeared to be a meddling manipulative brat. The wife character led off the confrontation with a blatant lie that would have destroyed her credibility.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Yah's And Nah's Re Masterful Work & Comments

Gosh its fun to wait until most of the other comments are filed and tabulated. So, here is my detailed take.

Definatively Yah to most positive comments with qualifications, and finitely Nah to the rest because there weren't enough annotation to support their premise(1 full page minimum) or either were drunk. Walk the line you clods.

Author - marvelously masterful as most usual on chapter one. Why? You left the wife purposefully cloudy and somewhat contorted as to her history, current actions and motive. She walketh on water to evil swamp woman albeit one whoops with contrivance.

That said humans do goofy things daily, sometimes for a good reason only understood by them-bad-selves for selfish reasons.

Genius on the daughters part plus great flow and we aren't even to the river cards yet you devil!

Two other brief thoughts. Reconciliation can enfold 1 whoops in some cases. This one was more nasty for the occasion, the viewing, and her aggressive lying attack.

Secondly, please don't put HDK's character in the same comment with the vile helpless humiliated self cuckster and watcher "just plane bobie". It disrespects the credible and respected HDK.

Author - you, your talent, time and imagination are very much appreciated. In hopes of more at interval and - With Very High Regard

louguy35louguy35about 18 years ago
Always searching!

HDK always seems to be looking for a new angle on the cheating wife theme, and that is not altogether bad. Sometimes it pays off...in this case it did not. The plot of involving the daughter in the process of discovery and resolution did not work. That is probably because, in reality, a 20 year-old daughter would have neither the wisdom nor the emotional maturity to be so involved, and HDK simply rushed the entire story. I think that he was trying to hurry and get out of his dilemma.

The story might have worked if a little more time had been spent in character development, and the daughter had not been involved in the apparently final arrangement. (Or was it the final arrangement?) And that brings up the other shortcoming of the tale. Like so many Lit.com authors, HDK left the story to "...dear readers..." to finish.

Oh well, what the hell! "...the sound and the fury, etc..."

Cheers!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
HDK -a favorite of mine BUT some points are valid

HDK does write stories with NO forced reconcilation so that claim is wrong!!!

It fair to say however that in those stories by HDK he does tend to show the Hubby's revenge as a VERY short and only takes a few sentances or a paragraph or two at best.

Consider HDK'S Madonna story. The Hubby springs the final trap with no shouting No accuations and it all ends very quickly with little dialogue

On HDK's good story "the END"... agains a very short final revenge is my hubby scene

WRT this story...

while I cannot imagine what it is like for anyone to go through THAT sort of betrayal after 23 years of marriage-- I am on my 13th so I do have perspective..

the fact is that too many see to think...." well its hard to drop her after 23 years..."

but doesnt that cut both ways? Isnt the betrayal by spouse after 23 all the more worse!?

I love all HDK stories and I am a romantic at heart so that may be one of the reason BUT I also have clear line which when crossed sends me into a WAR mood... again how does a spouse thinking they are in love after 20+ years get past the betrayal so easily?

as a romantic I would think it makes it harder to do that NOT easier.... NO???

there was way too much daughter involement here... and RISQ's point on NO real remorse IS right on the mark

..."Remorseful people don’t wait till they are caught to say they are sorry and want to do what's right. And they "don’t" take the offensive against the ones they have wronged so they can continue hiding it till caught. "

CONSIDER

The wife sneakes around to fuck hubby's co -workers on Hubby's BIG night ....

Lied to her own kids that she didn't "know" why hubby e left...

Then tricked the daughter to when the confrontation comes about with hubby

Then tried to BS her way through the confrontation scene with Hubby

...finally admits what happened when she is 100% caught

Risq is 100% right -- that is NOT remorseful

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Officially Out of Material

Some interesting stories in the past, but the well is obviously dry. Cartoon characters spouting the most inane dialog. Good lord! It was like reading freshman creative writing material again!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Julia, Ch. 2

Ted needs to get his. He was more malicious than she was, IMHO.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Challenge

After 40 plus comments and the voting, it's clear this story was not very well liked. But HDK, you're usually a good author. I challenge you to write a sequel that takes this mediocre story and make it into something good. The potential is there. The involvement of the daughter gives it a chance to rise above the generic story that it is if you expand on her involvement some more. Mostly, you need to explore the characters and their motivations some more so they don't appear to be made out of cardboard (esp. the wife - her actions are so contradictory and strange that we can't tell what she's really like and if she's putting him on with the remorse or not). You're a talented author, I know you can redeem this tale.

Nightowl22Nightowl22about 18 years ago
OK, gang

It seems to be a general agreement; Ted has got to pay, right??

Let's all gather Saturday night and go beat the living crap out of Ted. A few kicks in the balls should give him the idea of keeping it in his pants.

SEE Y'ALL THERE!!

Kanga40Kanga40about 18 years ago
Oh, please!!

First to HDK - this was an OK story - sort of believable, so it JUST passed on that score, but it really did stretch my 'believability factor' to just off the point of fracture by less than a nanometre.

The husband really did take her back way too easily, and this is according to your own story - if you wanted such a quick reconciliation, then you needed to have him a whole lot less upset by the whole scenario from the start. Here you have the husband's equivalent of digging the wife in too deep - you had him far too wound up over her screwing for the quick reversal you showed.

Also, you put the situation of her screwing way too deep for a quick reversal. I can't believe a man who actually saw his wife being screwed by a workmate, and at his farwell dinner to boot, could ever look at her with the same love again, let alone forgive her in a few days.

Perhaps the story could have been ended as you wanted to write it, had he maybe only heard them then saw them walking out, or possibly saw them coming out with her adjusting her clothes.

So many authors seem to have this unsurmountable urge to overstate the situation, then miraculously recover the couple from disaster. Maybe it is to create more tension - poor husband watching his friend screw the wife? The problem is this 'pushing the situation too far' fetish eventually spoils the story, because the overstated situation becomes unreasonable to resolve in sweetness and light.

I don't know if you did it deliberately, but you showed Juia as a heartless slut. As someone below mentioned, what Gary saw after 23 years of marriage was devestating, just as much as 23 years of happy marriage should have given Juia some sort of insulation from a dickhead's advances - especially at her husband's celebration. That she could do it - needing to slink off to a remote part of the hotel to do IT, shows someone who I can only describe as brain dead with respect to her responsibilities as a wife. Her complete lack of any remosrse, except a few platitudes after she was found out and realised she couldn't lie her way out of the situation told us all we needed to know about the worthless fool.

It would surprise me if, in real life, any woman, happily married for 23 years, has ever done what you describe here.

The daughter's response was also too overstated, and detracted from the story as well.

Kanga40Kanga40about 18 years ago
Sorry about comment #2, but

some comments need an answer too.

I agree with whoever it was below who said that the 23 years should NOT buy a cheater any brownie points.

After the 23 years the pain they cause is that much greater because after that time they should far more easily be faithful.

If anything, a screw-up in the early years should be more forgivable because the 'closeness' has not yet been fully established.

A woman of 42, married 23 years DOES NOT go off and screw some other guy by mistake - she makes the decision and then does it. The husband has every right to believe she has consciously rejected him.

And save me from this crap about "everyone makes mistakes" defence. Maybe everyone does make mistakes, but going off, finding a suitably remote spot and screwing another guy at your husband's party is NOT A MISTAKE! It is a deliberate decision.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
I omitted...

my appreciation and praise for your writing and sharing your talent in my last critque. Since I am not a writer it is a lot easier to pick at these stories than to take a blank sheet of paper and create an entertaining story. I also appreciate that you write about martial situations which represent one of the powerful human dynamic. In addition you expose yourself to sometime uncivil comments from the readers. Thank you for sharing your work.

To previous comments:

On Ted -

If you examine Ted's dialogue he was as surprised as Gary that he was able to fuck Julia. Gary described him not as

someone who has flirted and hit upon Julia in the past but as just a co-worker (probably a human resources person, corporate attorney or someone on the corporate staff). In other words, he had made subtle passes at Julia in the past and he got no where until the party. Ted could have been any guy even a waiter. If Julia gets a walk on this betrayal then why should Gary take revenge on Ted? Ted actually had more to lose in this situation than anyone else. Julis picked Ted because he would not make trouble since he was married.

On Gary's retirement-

Corporate executives like Gary usually have different retirement plans than the regular workforce so leaving after 25 years is not unusual,

In sum, the weight of the evidence (in the story) supports the premise that Julia is a lying cheating wife who cried more about the fact she was caught than any real remorse. She had previous encounters (i.e., quickies - I believe that there is an article in the How To Section on how a wife can cheat in the same way that Julia did) and she will have more in the future.

As stated in the comments the reconciliation and ending was the weak part of this story.

SleeplessinMD

MinigalesMinigalesabout 18 years ago
I Was Surprised

If the author were not one of my very few favorites, I would have voited "1" and moved on without commenting, but I have to leave a comment.

The story was okay until Cindy took the keys. Then it went downhill faster than a free fall. The end was so bad I do not believe a sequel could make up for it.

Cindy was too assertive to the limit of extreme disrespectfulness especially to her mom even in that situation. Gary should not have broken down and forgiven just like that. Julia's slip was not explained.

My suggestion is to do like a few authors would: rewrite the end. It is too screwed up for the story to recover any other way.

DG HearDG Hearabout 18 years ago
A decent story

HDK, anyone that reads your stories should have an idea where it's going, either make up or divorce. I actually liked it. Every writer has to write what's in their head. Don't worry about nan sayers. When it's all said and done, it's your story and write it as you see fit.

You're stories are what got me started. My first was a alternate ending for "Law of the heart" so as they say,

'If I can do it, You can do it"

So readers! You don't like HDK's story? Write your own.

Thanks HDK for ALL your stories.

With respect

DG Hear

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
A Different Perspective

This work is pleasing in that it does not follow the old tried but true format.This is not a whodunit.Gary is not in an investigative role.He knows that his wife has disrespected her wedding vows.He has hit upon a true to life problem.How do we live our lives in the messes we make of them?How can he bring some type of closure to this mess that meets the needs of his family?Obviously,a massive amount of foreshadowing has set the stage for future problems to be dealt with by the family.

The red dress with its plunging neckline and raised hem does not appear to be appropriate attire for her husband's retirement party.It is an attempt to call attention to Julia.The timing of her affair suggests that it may be an attempt to upstage her husband's triumph.The time that we go from one stage of life to another is ,always,painfull for all involved. It does not seem to be coincidental, that Gary's wife would administer his greatest shame at the hour of his great triumph.Similar themes appear in literature dating back to John Donne.

Harddaysknight has not locked himself into any old format by the use of this technique.He has reinforced my conviction that he is among the top echelon of authors on Literotica

vetter350vetter350about 18 years ago
Another good story

I agree with DGHear and Blue88. I thought this was another very good story from HDK.I don't understand why so many have to analyze every part of this story and point out what they think is wrong. It is not real! HDK writes these stories for our entertainment and it is not my place to gripe if it does not suit my idea of what should happen. I personnally prefer happy endings. There's enough sad endings in real life. I am like some of the others, I would like to see a second part. Maybe a little more of Julia realizing just what she did and showing that she was truly sorry. And of course Ted needs to get paid back for this. In any event, I'm always keeping an eye out for new stories from HDK. Keep up the good work, HDK

curious2ccurious2cabout 18 years ago
I found it to be well written and quite believable

I know that some people cannot fathom forgiving a spouse that would cheat on their Significant other...but time and love can overcome even cheating.

First of all...it was a one time blunder. yes...BLUNDER. A little alcohol and some well timed praise for a woman who may have been feeling older and unattractive can lead to such an occurance.

The daughter taking his keys...hey people...that is a proactive approach by a family member that wants to force an issue...I've seen things like that before in real life.

The end...still leaves room for going in either direction...which any marriage that has something like this occuring in it could do just that, go in any direction.

All in all it was well written and I voted accordingly...

MinigalesMinigalesabout 18 years ago
On Comments ...

I really find it funny that I have to write this. The people who say that is the author's story and it is the author's choice to do whatever the author wants with the story do not know what feedback is all about. Of course what they say is true. It is up to any artist to decide what album, what movie, what book, what story, etc. to release, but it is not up to the artist or author to decide that the product is a success. That is up to the target audience, and that is where comments and feedback come to the picture.

We all vote with our opinions and comments, and it is up to the author to reject or accept any or all of our comments. Though, it remains up to us to like or hate the author's story.

I hope I have made it clear that we do not expect the author to write by committee. If an author does not like to get feedback, the author can disallow it and let all those always praisers have a good day.

I appreciate this author and his stories, but this story was not his style as far as I can see, and I am entitled to my own opinion and expressing it. I do not want anyone to try to teach me what my freaking opinion should be.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
You certainly do draw comments

HDK:

Unfortunately (or fortunately) they are all over the map. You have done what every author desires most; you've caused the reader to make decisions and take sides. That tells me a lot about your abilities as an author. Keep going mate. You do it well. Thank You. Ronnie W.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Would love to see a sequel

I liked the story, but do feel that Ted should not go scot free. Putting aside Julia's actions, Ted showed the ultimate disrespect to humiliate and betray Gary at a party held in his honor. I have personally been in a loving relationship for over 45 years, but it hasn't been without it's ups and downs and bumps in the road. Too often, since the "ME Generation", people aren't willing to work on a relationship and are to willing to "call the game" after the first storm cloud comes over. I make it a point to read HDK's work and always look forward to his next submission. In this case, I truly believe a sequel is called for.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
No need for sequel

I have been talking to hdk about my possibly writing a sequel. After looking closely at it, re-reading all the comments and reading the story again, twice, I see no value in writing a sequel.

Some comments on the story after taking time to reflect:

1. As I said in my earlier comment, "shit happens". Like it or not, this is real life. I watched two movies this week where essentially the same thing happened. I know of two couples personally, that this has happend with, both involved drinking.

2. There was NO reconciliation! Read the story again carefully: "Well, Dad, I have a suggestion. Try living with her and see how it goes. See if your love is still alive. Take her to counseling. You need to take her to a doctor and have her checked for disease ... Mom has to prove herself every day, maybe forever." Maybe it would work out, maybe not. All they did was agree to try. She would be under intense pressure and observation to be squeaky clean and a 'loving wife' in the real meaning of the words.

3. The penison! Hell, this is easy. Most large companies are moving away from their own pension plans, but HP's, for example, is that if your age and years of service total 62 you can collect benefits at age 62 regardless of when you left the company. I know of at least two other companies with similar plans. The early retirement at HP was age 50 and 15 years of service... not that far from this story.

Again, I can't see that writing a sequel would add any value ... if anything it would probably lessen the impact of the story. The story is well written, tightly focused and a pleasure to read. The problem is it could happen and that makes a lot of people uncomfortable. I think this story (compared to other stories not as well written) should have a rating of around 4.7!

Regards, DJ

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
its' a good story,but the plot sucks.

the daughter got the balls in the family.first the hubby runs away from the party while wife being fucked.the daughter making the rules for mom and pop to follow.weak man and to much thinking to impress the fans.think about the timing of the fucking,hubby party.

ohioohioalmost 18 years ago
I still like it

I just re-read this one, and I still like it. Some of the criticisms made by other readers seem true to me--above all, it's impossible not to believe that Julia's cheating on her husband *at a party honoring him* is a rather hateful act, however unconscious that hatefulness may be.

But HDK writes so well, and the feelings come through so powerfully, that I'm pretty much always prepared to follow him wherever he wants to take us.

Thanks, HDK, and keep writing!

ohio

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Defending the wife

Why is it authors always defend the wife?

Wimp here asks himself if he should throw away 25 years of their life together but he missed the point rather badly: their marriage ended when _she_ cheated. That means she already flushed those twenty five years of marriage down the drain. The only thing left to save is his dignity, but of course, the author would have you believe he doesn't have any so why even bother thinking of that.

I guess this just justify her cheating though: since he doesn't have a dick, she has to go elsewhere.

I'd read another, more proper story, and when the two exes meet she (cheater) asks if he still thinks he made the right choice (to divorce). He replies that he never asks himself that, because he never gets past why she made the wrong choice.

Sadly, I forget the author or the story.

Love and happy marriages only happen when it's equal (studies prove it). He loves her so much he's willing to sacrifice everything for her, and of course she loves him so much she cheats on him at an event to honour him.

Can't you just feel the love!

No, this is not a marriage, but something called A Dependency and I think we have yet to properly handle this disease, and sadly, too many people are willing to suffer because they think it makes them feel better.

So is this story realistic?

The husband is realistic, because ultimately the husband is a wimp. He's a druggie addicted to love, and he'd rather live in this fantasy shell that tough it out real world. That much is certain.

The problem I have is the daughter. She is a realist, and is willing to call a spade a spade. Then, then she just accepts the fact her did is a wimp, a more realistic response, given her invective is to focus it to him, since its obvious he's wimping out. She should've been incredulous at his decision, and if she accepts she'd slip in some barb about at least a punishment, or how she'll still love him, even if he is a wimp, etc. Instead all that bravado disappears and out comes the wimp.

But if she were a really a wimp like dad, she'd never fly off like that, but rather almost beg he forgive here and take her back.

That's why this story sucks. I'd believe this story and give it a 100% if you also made he daughter a wimp and just beg him to forgive her.

Just kidding or course. If you did, this'd be a blatant loving cuckhold story and I'd never even bother voting on it.

I do like leaving 0 on hidden loving cuckhold stories, like this one, because I like exposing them for what they really are.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
the thing with many of these authors here is that

they write for stroke, mostly.

most men and women I know in real life could and would forgive many transgressions against them. a one "slip" during some outing, with alcohol, and the spouse's not there, etc.

but NO ONE, man or woman, can or will ever tolerate their spouse fucking around on them during their anniversay, birthday celebration, retirement celebration, etc. --- that is, if they were not involved in swinging life styles.

whether at a lavishly set hotel or in their home.

90 percent of these fantasy stories are just that; total BS for masturbation purposes only, having little or no basis in reality.

again, most people can be forgiven, factoring all kinds of mitigating circumstances; but when my wife (or your husband) is fucking someone in your home, while it is your birth day, or yours,,, a big and important occasion --- if or when that happens, if means that that person HAS NO RESPECT for you, for your thoughts, your memories, your wants or needs,, so any one who said,

"Well, I can't throw it all way, after all we have had 20 happy, loving years!" --- that person is not a real person but a Lit. author writing a little story for us to masturbate with only! lol

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Bullshit

This lousy piece of trash is not worthy of this writer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
give this story to mickey mouse club

this a joke.

jaggers0053jaggers0053over 17 years ago
certainly not your best....

actually think it's your worst story. nothing wrong with reconciliation and would seem logical for this couple in this story. but this husband seemed to "wimp" along through the entire story.

don

sexmatesexmateover 17 years ago
Another take on the cheating wife puzzle

A good read! One worth investing the time in.

HDK is one of the best writers in this category.

Will they work it out? Who knows? With so much time invested in each others lives they certainly have the right to try and get it back.

Thanks for writing!

Sexmate

acs_1acs_1about 17 years ago
I'm sorry but,

I couldn't give you any marks at all for this story. However, if I ever have a daughter, I would want her to be exactly like Cindy. The rest was beyond resolution. Sorry.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
its good

that is an awkard situation and no one best way to handle it. i wouls have like to have seen julia w him go to the former co worker and his spouse to let them know what had happened, as part of julia's actions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
What? No Divorce? What a Loser....

If he knew she cheated even one time, why would he ever have sex with her again? She's damaged goods. Good thing she thought so much of him to cheat right at his party. She's a Real GEM.......No divorce = he's a loser.....

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
GOOD START

Reconcilation was too short. He goes to puking his guts out to embracing his wife in three days. Yes,I realize they have a long way to go to get back to where they were but maybe you should have added some of those consequences you spoke of that at the end. More emphasis on lost of trust, his painful images, if it truly was her first time then why now at her husbands honor party,which is ironic in and of itself since it was one of his friends and co-worker who fucked her and no retribution to the transgressor. The description of the story talks about the consequences of infidelity but I don't really see any. She never told her kids why their father left them and let them assume he was an asshole and that they were the victims and even when his daughter made him go in the house and talk to his wife she was going to still try to bluff her way through hoping he had no hard evidence. After she realizes how hurt he is she turns on the waterworks and he asks the the questions; How many times? Does she love him? Does she want a divorce? and he believes everthing she tells him even though the wounds are still fresh. Basically, she admitted that she knew exactly what she was doing and did it deliberatly but he still hugs her and takes her back. SORRY, in this scenario I believe that they could get back together but not that easy. She should have at least had to move out for a while just for not being straight with her kids as to why their father left making him the bad guy. His daughter was going to bar him from her wedding. It probably took more thought and longer to write this comment than it did for you to write that story.

zed0zed0over 16 years ago
Fucking WIMP!

Just another well written "whorror" story where the whore and her lover get away with it, and the hubby ends up with cream pie and loving it. Very disturbing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Whimp

Should have divorced her cheating ass.

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkover 16 years ago
Part(s) of the story missing?

First, after 23 years of marriage, she has to have been to company parties like this before. Suddenly, at a party to honor her husband, alcohol lowers her inhibitions so much that she submits to Ted?

Second, your story doesn't even touch on Ted. One way or another he needs to be dealt with.

Other than these two minor points, I felt it was an excellent story. The more of your stories I read, the more I like. Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
what happen to her lover

any man worth his beans,fight for what his.this chum ran like a dog and actedlike a wimp.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
he caved?

the end is wrong. once she established her behavior, why believe her ? once ? she does it and wants forgiveness, wrong.

ReefkeeperReefkeeperover 15 years ago
Get Real Guys!

I'm a little surprised at the harshness of the comments. I've never cheated and I'm as sure as anyone can be that my wife hasn't either.

But circumstances dictate actions and if I'm ever at a party at which Scarlett Johansson and Kirsten Dunst start fighting over me, I'm a gonner and I assume the same feelings lie dormant somewhere in my wife.

It's like the old saw about "would you fuck me for $10 million? (of course) Would you fuck me for a dollar (certainly not, who do you think I am!) We've already established what you are, we're just settling on a price."

Circumstances dictate actions. I know that there are some actions my wife could commit which I'd find unforgivable, and others I could probably forgive. I would hope that most people would feel that way but judging by the responses I guess I'd be wrong.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Good ole take'm back at any cost!

She selects the party held in his honor for his retirement to do her once only adulterous sex with one of his former coworders while the party was going on. Anyone able to come up with a more stupid setting? If this was her first and only time the woman is totally braindead. It seems more likely she was so into fucking around that she just had one more time but got caught. Now she is lying her way out of it. To be manipulated back into taking her is very stupid on his part. We are dealing with two braindead individuals that reproduced and messed up the gene pool here. The woman fried her own ass, it didnt sound like she was resisting sex at all, now let her live and enjoy the smell for the rest of her life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
no

he acted for him after her betrayal. and husband can forgive, but go back with her?

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
retired

the company he retire from must be happy to get rid of this idiot.she screwed a man he worked with at his retirement party, idon't know but where i'm from everybody would know the next day.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
retired

the company he retire from must be happy to get rid of this idiot.she screwed a man he worked with at his retirement party, idon't know but where i'm from everybody would know the next day.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
I am tired of wimp writers. Wimp husbands are

bad enough but wimp writers write the shit that puts a spouse back with pure trash. Total betrayal is total betrayal, get over it and get on with you life. If she needs forgiveness, grimace, say I forgive you. Whisper to yourself I wish you were dead you whore, and get on with your life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Hmm

Things move awfully damned fast in this story, don't they. What, in about a week we see retirement, infidelity, moving on, buying vehicles and land, moving out, confrontation, bullshit explanation, ultimate forgiveness and undying fidelity. Shit man, you just packed 20 years of life into a week! So many turnarounds in such a short period of time is just too much. Your writing skill is great, your english appears fine, but the story itself.....echhh.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
SUCKER

At his retirement party he took her back, he deserves what he gets now.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Hardday I am ashamed of you.

First you have the husband bawling like a spoiled brat and second he lets Ted get away with murder. Really what the fuck is wrong with you? Nyminus@yahoo.com

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Pathetic

What a waste

KOLKOREKOLKOREalmost 15 years ago
Hastily written

Or at least that's the strong impression it left with me upon re reading the story. I guess it was difficult for me to admit at first reading that HDK have come up with that kind of story.<P>

The high credit (and for good reasons) have yielded all the previous comments. For me the key points are the obvious incontinences and missed points which usually are never missed by HDK. I am sure that any aficionado of HDK would confirm this point. <P>

The husband could not have overlooked the contradiction between Julia’s declaration that she was running home to confess and beg forgiveness and her other statement that she had to confess when she knew that her husband knew and that's when she changed her plan to go with an O.J. Simpson defense (deny deny deny). So which one was it? Worse - what does this contradiction say about her veracity and true motivations and feelings now? Any contemplation on the husband's part on the matter never made it to the final draft...<P>

Another glaring point (made by many other people) has to do with the context deafness of the husband. It's the party for him it's his wife and that's when and where she does it to him? How deeply drunk could you get in such a party with your husband and daughter around? More importantly how drunk do you allow yourself to get and why. At her age, she did not know she becomes a compliant automaton after three glasses? (just guessing). She was a mature adult who must have known her alcohol, not a teen-ager at her first experimentation with an alcoholic beverage... One should be able to recognize a lame excuse when seeing one, or just a not so thought through plot line.

BallsOfSteelBallsOfSteelover 14 years ago
good insight: cheating=betraying whole family

The ending is open. I would prefer for the marriage to end. I know I would end it right away if I was the husband. Forgiving is not forgetting, but that's not important to this story. The daughter's reactions are priceless. She may seem harsh but she is reasonable. Cheating sounds frivolous until you realize the full extent of the betrayal. It's not worth it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
how utterly sophomoric!!!

Nothing like a super-brilliant, wisdom-filled, deeply experienced daughter to solve all of the problems that adultery brings.<p>

What the world needs now is a whole covey of super-teens!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Not one of your best

Title says it all. I enjoy your body of work but I didn't enjoy this one. The daughter couldn't be the source for answers.

zed0zed0about 14 years ago
Absolute Drivel

What a worthless wimp. She's been fucking around on him for years because he is a worthless wimp deserving no respect. He cries, he runs away, he probably has monthly periods. This author also has a problem with men as more often than not he portrays them as spineless wimps.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
go away

go away with your silly stories.

JeffTomJeffTomalmost 14 years ago
Non remorseful wife

Julia could not be true with anyone until there was prof that she cheated.

THROW HER ASS OUT. I can't feel for someone that is not truly remorseful!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Hot and Cold

I really run hot and cold on your stories. He should have thrown her out. No excuse for cheating.

That said I generally enjoy your stories even when I disagree with the outcomes. Please write some more!

chytownchytownalmost 14 years ago
Good Story.

I have read a lot of your stories and a lot of them have weak endings. It seems like you got to the end and could not complete. Keep writing "Thank You"

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
guy was a first-class...

loser, total wimp, she fucked at a party in her husband's honor because going w/o cock for 20+ years made her batshit crazy

BillPorterBillPorterover 13 years ago
What does he want

I agree with some of the other comments, but I would like too see another chapter, just to find out what he wants for him to stay married.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
not one of your better stories

very weak

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
habit patterns!`

this man held down a managerial job( one presumes efficiently), which most probably demanded joined up thinking,his inability to reconcile his personal life values in a manner that reflect his managerial skills leave the ending somewhat weak and contrived - entertaining but contrived!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
suffer

there has to be consequences for her lover

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
I loved this story

Julia was a great fuck, just sorry her husband found out or I'd still be banging her.

Ted Darcy

huedogghuedoggalmost 13 years ago
very hard to feel good about this one

she got fuck at a party for him, he saw them and took her back with no problem, he'll be enjoying creampied milkshakes by the end of the week.

rvwsrvwsalmost 13 years ago
Why is it?

Why is it in a vast majority of the stories on this website that the betrayed husband does not do bodily harm to the other man when he catches his wife getting fucked by him? Are there that many weak husbands in the real world? When I caught my ex-wife fucking another man (actually "they were just kissing")I didn't think twice about liberally applying a canoe paddle across his back and then divorcing her. Any man who screws another man's wife deserves everything he gets. Murder and maiming excluded. Just my opinion.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarddaysknight@Harddaysknight
7124 Followers
I enjoy comments and seldom delete them. Writing is a pleasure for me. Reading comments, even negative comments, is a perverse pleasure. I thank Lit for providing a free forum to showcase my vast talent. Writing is recreation and fun for me. I am simply making shit up as I g...