Just a Good Ole Boy

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

No one said a word.

"Joe, after all we've been through today, you are concerned with settling a bet that derived from a crush on a high school teacher? You just surprised us all by even considering taking SueAnn back, you shock us by setting a whirlwind timetable and generous terms for her to fulfill, and then you delay it a month...for a date?"

"It's jes dinner Your Honor."

"SueAnn, what do you have to say about this?"

SueAnn didn't blink.

"Why yes ma'am, it's ok. Ms. Egge is a real nice teacher, 'n he did win the bet 'n all. Seems fair after all I done, he should get a night out to settle that old bet. Besides, it would be good fer her t'see that he finally learned 't show his work, too."

"I did no such thing. I ain't never showed my work."

"Why yes you did sweetheart! I am so proud of you 'n the way you handled your own case. You had to work hard at that! You did yer readin' 'n your research 'n you wrote it all up nice 'n had your work checked by your brother who only fixed some spellin'. That means you looked at a problem, saw the answer'n solved the problem, and filed all them papers 't show yer work. Ms. Egge will be proud too. Now if'n ya want, you can have her out't the house, 'n I'll come back from the RV 'n do all the cookin' 'n clean up. I'll take care'a the girls too, so you 'n she can catch up. Then I'll leave so you won't even know I was there."

"Aw sugar, you can't do that. I know you'd get jealous."

"Oh it would hurt seen' her in my place. I know all 'bout yer crush on her, 'n I know you was over stuff like that when we got married. I believe in you Joe, and trust you to do what's right. Even though you don't trust me no more cause I gave you good reason, I still have faith in you bein' a good man. I'm gonna earn your trust back, 'n the first step is trustin' you. Your Honor, use that hammer please, and tell me I'm dee-vorced. I gots t' git to work. I gots to fit my ex-husband to become my husband again, 'n I don't wanna waste no more time."

After ever thing settled, life got back to normal. Sue Ann worked real hard tote me to forgive her affair with Charlie. I believed in her own little world she truly believed she was doin' it to give our babies the best. The wold had to give. She did live in the RV fer a month. Didn't like it none 'n swore to me the rest of my life she was gonna see to it I was perfectly comfy. She's done' fine with that, but sometimes I think it all was just an excuse to buy new pillows 'n furniture. There's pillows everywhere in our houses. Yeah, houses. Good time Charlie went to jail fer fraud, so there weren't much left of his assets to git. But that there Massachusetts Mechanical had some deep pockets and I purty near emptied them. They was bought in a hostile takeover by a German engineering firm, who just happened to like my gadgets enough to legally purchase the rights to make 'em. So I got myself rich with the law suit and then again with the money from Germany.

So I built on to my childhood home and added a gourmet kitchen 'n a swimmin' pool 'n a couple'a extra wings fer my brothers to visit, 'n my babies did get the best. They had the fancies Charlie promised SueAnn plus they had the down home barbecue 'n swimmin' holes 'n camp sites in the hills that they would've lost in the city.

Ms. Egge refused t'let SueAnn cook her special dinner. She didnt think it was a fair way t' pay the debt. So she took me 'n my whole family to Jack' House 'a Prime for a good ole feed. SueAnn told her 'bout my masquerading as a legal eagle, 'n before I know it Ms. Egge has me lined up to do some guest appearances fer a professor friend'a hers talkin' 'bout business ethics and all that there Sunny Sue business of know in' yer opponent. Worked out real well, so now I'm doin' guest lectures at a coupl'a colleges 'n business schools.

So it all turned out right fer me. But outta all this I want y'all t'remember one thing. Don't underestimate folk you don't know. Jes 'cause someone don't talk like you, or walk like you, or think like you don't mean they cain't walk or talk or think at all. 'N you jes might find yourself fighting' a battle y'already lost!

Y'all have a real nice day now! Y'hear?

Epilogue

This is the second story in a row (after Bennie and the Bike Tour) I took time to explain my thought process. I don't usually do that because I want the story to speak for itself. If I do it again on my next story, you can give me 1000 lashes with a wet noodle. I'll use it for my first BDSM story.