Kate's Adventure

Story Info
A bus ride, the library, and finally a hotel assignation.
20k words
4.63
64.2k
28
10
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I liked my new outfit. Maybe it was silly but I've been called "too serious" by more than one of my friends. So deciding to break out a bit, I went shopping and came back with a short pleated skirt, sneakers -- real retro Keds, not running shoes -- and a short, loose halter top. When I got home and put them on, even I had to admit I didn't look anything like my real age of 21. I'm only five foot two so accenting my new look by pulling my hair back in a pony tail and putting on a ball cap really made me look younger. I laughed. Then I picked up my new book bag, pink with colorful cartoon characters on it. If my friends could see me now....

But they wouldn't. I was spending the summer in a special program far away from my university. I didn't know a soul which was part of the attraction. It was a chance to be outside my normal social scene and experiment, well that and the opportunity to get some great experience working for a small biotech company.

Today was Saturday and I was waiting for the bus to go to the city library. I tried to make a habit of spending a few hours there each week to read and study -- like my friends say, I'm too serious. I had a tiny apartment over a garage next to a house owned by an older and very religious couple. Luckily there was a bus stop right out front. It was the end of the line so when I got on the bus it was empty. Over the last few weeks I'd gotten to know the driver, Sam, since we always had a few minutes together before the next stop. When I ran my transit pass through the reader, he did a double take.

"Good Lord, it is you, Kate. I never would have ...."

I smiled and spun around showing off my outfit for him. "Like the new look?"

"I, well, yeah, sure," he stammered, "but what happened to the all-black thing you had goin'? I kinda thought you were into goth and all that."

I giggled and lied. "Oh, goth is so yesterday. I'm going to a party. It's just a costume. Do I look like a kid?"

"Hell, yes. And you better be careful twirling around like that. You're showin' more than you know. Not everybody's a happily married old man like me, you know."

I giggled and blushed. Well, I tried to blush, not sure that I pulled it off. "Isn't this a cool book bag?"

Sam scowled. "Yeah, but don't go trying to get into some movie for children's prices. You could do it looking like that, but it wouldn't be right." He shifted the bus into gear. As I walked down the aisle I heard him mutter, "Jesus, kids these days."

Normally I sat up front so we could talk. Today, though, I had a different plan and made my way to the back, taking a seat near the rear door where there were benches facing each other across the aisle. Two stops later a couple of older ladies got on and sat down in the front. A young guy that I had seen on the bus before entered too. He usually sat in the front but instead came to the back and sat across from me.

He said, "Hi."

"Hi there. You going to the high school like last time?"

"You remember that?"

"Not too many people on the bus way out here."

"Well, yeah, I've got track practice."

"In the summer?"

He sort of preened. "Yeah. I got a college scholarship for track and need to stay in shape."

"Ooo, that's really cool. You're like a star athlete then, and smart too." I was afraid I was laying it on too thick. I needn't have worried. He was male after all.

"Well, I don't know about star or smart. I'm just happy to have scholarship."

I'd been sitting with my bag on my lap. Putting it aside I leaned back and let my legs part. My skirt rose up my thighs and my new friend took in an eyeful of exposed thigh. To his credit his gaze returned to my face and he ask me where I was going.

"To the library."

"That's a long ride, all the way across town."

"How long do you think it'll take?" I asked.

"With all the stops, I'd guess 40 minutes or so."

"Wow, I guess I should relax and settle in." I put my hands behind my head and stretched one leg along the bench which had the combined affect of raising my halter to just below my breasts and revealing my new panties with Tweety Bird on the pubis. Not sure he got to see Tweety, but since his eyes briefly opened wide he surely got an eyeful of the white cotton stretched over my crotch. "So what's your name?" I asked.

"Er, Dave." I almost laughed, it was like he had to think about it.

"I'm Kate."

"Nice to meet you. Are you new in town. Haven't seen you on the bus before."

Perfect, I thought, he doesn't even recognize me. I told him, "Yeah, only moved here a little while ago. I like it well enough, only the summer's so hot." I pulled at the bottom of my halter as if needing to cool off and fanned it in and out. "I'm learning to wear less and less just to stay cool." He was openly staring now. I was hoping he could see the lower curve of my little breasts. They're just barely a B cup. I giggled as innocently as possible and said conspiratorially, "You know, sometimes I think the best solution would be to not wear panties."

Dave blushed and tried to cover it up with a laugh. "So why don't you? I'm sure lots of girls don't."

"Oh, that's so naughty. I'd have to be a lot more careful with my skirt, wouldn't I?"

"Ah, well, yeah. Guess so."

"Funny how I could wear a tiny bikini that hid almost nothing, but let people see your panties and they think your some kind of slut." He couldn't think of a response, so I went on, "Doesn't seem right to me. Take cheerleaders for example. Just because they wear panties the same color as their uniforms nobody cares if they can see them. Maybe I should find some plaid ones to wear with this skirt, but I thought this pair with Tweety on them was just too cute for words. Wanna see 'em?"

"Ah, er, I, ...," he stammered.

"What's the harm? We're not kids." I pulled up my skirt revealing Tweety in all his glory. "Cute, huh?"

"Um, yeah, very." Dave's face was bright red now.

"And compared to my bikini bottoms really modest too." I patted Tweety. "Without this little guy they're just be conservative cotton underwear." When I let my skirt down I made sure Tweety wasn't entirely hidden.

The bus slowed to a stop and a young couple got on. Dave watched nervously until they took seats in the front. When he turned back, I slipped a hand under my top and scratched between my breasts. "The heat sometimes makes me itch something fierce," I explained. "I thought a loose halter like this would help. Almost put on a tube top, the thin material is great. To tell you the truth, though, it's just too revealing if you know what I mean. Walk into an air conditioned room and the nipples pop right out. Might as well be naked."

I was just babbling now. His stop was coming up and my little game with him would have to end. It'd been fun teasing Dave. Manipulative? Well, yeah, but in a way he clearly enjoyed as evidenced by the bulge in his pants. I even pulled the cord to signal the driver to stop. Dave had certainly forgotten.

"I thought you were going to the library?"

"I am. But you said you where going to track practice and we're at the high school."

He looked crestfallen. "Oh right. Thanks." As the bus slowed he got up and said, "If you were only a few years older."

Giving him my best smile and dropping my childishness I told him, "Then I'd be 24. Looks can be deceiving. Ever notice the girl always dressed in black who rides this bus?"

The door opened and he paused on the step. I chuckled as the light dawned on him. "Jesus, now I see it. Well, thanks for the entertainment."

"Thanks for being a good sport, Dave. I'm looking forward to our next ride together."

I quickly rearranged my clothes and sat up properly with my bag again on my lap. Apparently some sort of summer program for kids had let out and a bunch of them were boarding the bus. Some noisy boys ran to the back and two girls sat across from me, one maybe 14 the other about 10.

As the bus pulled away from the curb, the older one said, "Gosh, those are really the coolest sneakers. Where'd you get them?"

"Thanks. I found them at that new store in the mall."

"I haven't been there yet."

"I like your book bag," the little one told me. I asked her if she knew the names of the cartoon characters on it, and she rattled right them off. We chatted for a couple stops, then they got off. It dawned on me that if I was dressed in my usual way they'd probably never had spoken to me.

All the kids were gone now, but we were picking up passengers at nearly every stop as we headed to the main hub where I would transfer to the line that went by the library. The test run with Dave had gone so well, I looked around wondering what mischief I could get into with this new outfit. Of the dozen or so passengers the two in the back seemed the best targets.

One appeared to be a thirty something family man who in spite of the hot day was dressed in a nice suit gazing absentmindedly out the window. Across the aisle was a younger man, maybe 26 or so, in a sport shirt reading a magazine. Grabbing a bus schedule from a pocket near the door I approached the family man.

"Excuse me, sir, are you from around here?" I asked trying to sound polite and tentative.

"Yes, I am. Can I help you?" he replied with a smile.

Holding up the bus schedule, I said, "I can't figure out which bus I need to transfer to. I'm going to the library."

"Well, let's have look."

I handed him the pamphlet and put my book bag in the overhead rack which, since I'm so short, gave him what I hoped was a nice view of my flat tummy and thighs as I stretched up on my tiptoes. With any luck the guy on the other side got a nice view too, maybe even a flash of panties. In case he didn't, I knelt on the seat to lean over the map my helper had found in the middle of the schedule.

"I haven't looked at one of these in some time. I just know how to get downtown and back," he told me. He seemed to be a nice friendly guy, but that didn't stop him from looking down my top. "Let's see, there's the library so...."

"Ouch!" I exclaimed and bent over so I could, with a hand on his thigh for support, scratch my back with the other. "Sorry, this is a new top and there's a tag or pin or something that digs into me every now and then." Hunching my back I fumbled awkwardly with my top with one hand, giving him at least a glimpse of bare breast, and worked my other hand higher on his leg. "There. I think that's better." Twisting my head around as if checking on my top, I caught the other guy staring at my ass. My skirt was pulled high enough to give him a nice view. I scratched behind me one more time and let my hand move higher on the family man's thigh. Boy did I get a nice surprise. My hand rested on a nice thick cock. Not erect, but on it's way.

"Opps. I'm so sorry," I said sitting down on the seat. From the heat on my face I knew I was blushing. I had been looking to give him an intimate squeeze. "I really didn't...."

He just laughed. "That's okay. Accidents happen." Then ever so nicely he proceeded to show me what bus I needed to take to get to the library, even counting out the stops so I would know when to ask for it to stop.

Sitting with a leg tucked up under me and my skirt pulled up just short of my crotch, I said, "Thanks so much. My name's Kate. What's yours?"

"I'm Hank Brown. Very please to meet you, Kate." He shook my hand very gently.

"What do you do Mr. Brown?"

"I'm a minister."

Jesus Christ, I'd groped a preacher! Doing my best stay in character, I said. "Wow. A preacher. That's really neat. What church?"

"The Trinity Congregational a few stops back near where I got on."

"Oh that's a pretty one. Lots of trees around it, right?"

"Yes, that's it. Stop in sometime. Service is Sunday at 11 o'clock and we have a youth group too. And a choir of course. Do you sing?" He paused. "But I'm getting ahead of myself. Do you have a church now?"

"No. Mom's not the church going type," I lied. Actually my mother was a devoted Quaker. "But I do love to sing."

"Well, do you think she would mind if you sang in our choir? We're always looking for another strong voice and trying hard to attract young people, and who wouldn't want to attract a young person who was spending part of her Saturday at the library?" The bus approached the central transit hub. "But we're not pushy. Try us out. Take it or leave. Nobody will pressure you." We stood up and he got my bag down for me. "And about the choir, they are pretty cool. Sing all sorts of stuff, not just old fuddy-duddy hymns you know." As we stepped of the bus, he said, "Nice having met you, Kate. Enjoy your day."

"Thanks Rev. Brown. I might just surprise you and come to choir practice."

Over his shoulder he said, "Thursday nights at 8 o'clock. Just show up. You'll be welcome."

Fuck, I loved to sing, at least I'd loved being part of the high school chorus. Rev. Brown's invitation actually appealed to me. I stuffed it in the back of my mine, though. Today was for game playing, and my next game was at the library so I looked for my bus.

The past few weeks the bus to library had been pretty empty. For better or worse today was different. I got on board just before it left only to find it packed, and there were plenty of people boarding behind me. Working my way to the back, I noticed lots of people, most of whom were youngish guys with ID's on lanyards around their necks. I'd read about some kind of hi-tech trade show being held at the conference center downtown.

I had to stop in the aisle in the back of bus. All the seats were full and it was standing room only which is not so bad for a short trip unless you are five foot two and crammed in between a couple of tall people, in my case a twenty-something guy who was easily six foot four and a statuesque blond only a few inches shorter. They easily grabbed the straps for standing passengers while carrying on a conversation about "symmetric multiprocessing," apparently the topic of the closing session. Meanwhile I tried to stay upright by clinging to the backs of the seats on either side and hoped the driver would stop letting more people on only to disappointed. "Please move to the back," the driver called. "We have room for more."

Figuring I'd get a little relief from the crowding if I got my book bag out of the way, I hefted it up to the overhead luggage rack with no help forthcoming from the techies on either side. On my tiptoes and listening to phrases like "64 thousand quad cores working together" and "that OS really kicks ass" I had just slipped my bad onto the rack when the bus lurched forward.

Must have been payback karma from teasing the budding athlete and accidentally groping the minister coupled with the cruelty of being a short person in a tall world. I was extended just as far as I could go when the bus lurched. The tall people on either side of me just clung to their straps and chuckled a bit, hardly interrupting their discussion while I came down hard, and thankful that my bag stayed on the rack rather than falling on my head. Thing was, being squeezed between these two people, when I came down my halter and skirt stayed up. For a moment there I was, bare tits pressed to the guy in front of me and nothing but Tweety Bird panties to cover me down below while my hands waved frantically in the air seeking unsuccessfully for the back of the seats on either side.

While the two people engaged in their, to me, useless dialog, the guys sitting in those seats next to me didn't miss a beat. I heard, "Jesus, check this out" and "Frank, look here." With my face pressed into a male chest I said, "Hey, how about a little help?" Without even pausing in his conversation, the guys shifted back enough so that I could pull my top and skirt down. The woman behind me kept up her end of the dialog while pulling my halter down in back, even gave me a pat on the shoulder to let me know I was okay. I felt like somebody's wayward puppy steered back on track.

"Hey, little girl, what's you name?" the guy sitting to my right asked pulling at my skirt like he was helping me out but actually trying to look up it. His leering grin was too much to bear. I grabbed his finger and pulled it back roughly.

"Touch me or my clothes again and I'll break this off."

Yanking back, he said, "Jesus, honey, just trying to help."

"Fuck you, you lecher. Pick on a girl your own size."

Turned out the guys in the seats ahead and behind him had been paying attention and a smattering of applause erupted along with cries of "you go, girl" and "what a dick." The miscreant slouched low in his seat.

Tired of having my breasts pressed against a man, I turned around.

"Hi there," said the tall blond whose tits were staring me in the face. "Nice to see you can take care of yourself. You have to when you go out dressed like that."

I looked up at her. Way the fuck up. She was a foot taller than me and we were pressed together. Just then the driver hit the brakes hard and I automatically reached out to steady myself as everyone was tossed about. Turned out the nearest thing to my hands was her ass -- her bare ass. My hands were under her skirt and there weren't any panties there.

As I clutched her buttocks, she just looked down and smiled. "See, I know. If you dress for comfort you need to be ready for anything. I knew it'd be hot today, so I dressed for it. But at the same time I'm ready to defend myself."

I let go of her and said, "Well at six two or whatever, that's probably not so hard."

"Oh, the stories I could tell. I'm just glad to see you aren't willing to be a victim." She glanced at the guy who'd tried to look up my skirt now trying to make himself invisible. "You handled that prick quite well." Then she ducked her head next to mine and whispered, "And I really loved your hands on my ass."

While the bus made it's way through traffic, the tall woman pulled out a business card and wrote something on it's back. Handing it to me she ducked her head again saying just for my ears, "This is where I'm staying and that's my cell phone number. If you'd like some fun later, give me a call. I've got a really sucky business dinner I have to go to, but after that I'm free. And my flight out tomorrow isn't until the afternoon." The she stood up and said to the tall guy behind me, "You know, maybe you'd be interested in what my company...." Looking at her business card, I lost the thread of their conversation. This gorgeous woman wanted me. That was far more than I'd expected when I set out on this role playing adventure.

The next few stops were near the major hotels and the conventioneers got off, including my blond suitor. A little while later I got off at the library.

Walking up the steps to the impressive building I thought about my day so far. I'd dazzled Dave, gave the preacher an erection, and the bombshell blond had made an explicit pass at me, an invitation that I could still accept. I decided my new outfit had been a good investment.

Inside, the library was cool and quiet. Normally I'd have perused the stacks looking for an interesting biography or a book about the environment. Today, I wanted to be around people, so I went to the area for periodicals and newspapers. There, on any given day, you could find those with an addiction to certain newspapers or particular science journals or just plain popular crap. I usually browsed through the New York Times, the Washington Post, and San Francisco Chronicle thinking that gave me a good overview of the nation. Today, though, I thought the best way to stay in character was People, Seventeen, and Variety, and, after gathering one of each, sat down in a grouping of stuffed chairs to read.

Ever notice that in any library the magazine and newspaper reading area is dominated by men? Women just don't hang out there. All to the good as far as I was concerned. I sat, crossed my legs like a man with an ankle on my knee, and began to read. Wasn't long before, glancing over the top of my magazine, I noticed all the men in the vicinity stealing looks my way. Tweety wasn't exposed by it was quite easy to see up my skirt to the white cotton crotch of my panties. Every now and then I adjusted the elastic next to my pussy as if I was alone in the room. I could hear pages being turned but was pretty sure not many words were being read. Still, after the bus, this wasn't very exciting so I decided to check out the stacks.