All Comments on 'Knowing Her Ch. 08'

by DrawLine

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
DrawLineDrawLineabout 15 years agoAuthor
Reply to 'Anonymous' feedback by author...

I had a really interesting piece of feedback, which I will not print in its entirety but I would like to adress a few of the points in the hope that the writer might see this.

"Why would Mike leave Taz chained to the bed to answer his phone?"

I feel that in the given situation that Mike would at least check his phone (ringing in the outside hallway) for two reasons; firstly the feeling of guilt that he shoulders for leaving his close friend alone and depressed (in order to secretly meet up with the girl that dumped him)- that call could have been from him. Secondly, the nagging feeling that Mike's going to be caught out somehow; Mike is constantly on edge, and if he's anything like me, he would NEED to know who the call was from. On learning that Kat is the caller Mike pretty much knew that the game was up.

"If Kat lives in the same house as Taz, why didn't she let herself in with her own key?"

Kat couldn't let herself into the house (with her own key) because the door was bolted. If you are planning secret liasons and you intend on keeping them from being discovered, using the bolt is a good habit to have, lol.

I hope these points at least illustrate why my characters have behaved in a cerrtain way, even if certain readers do feel they lack credibility. I always appreciate feedback, good or bad. It makes for a better understanding of my readers and helps to improve my work. Everyone is entitled to their oppinion, I just felt compelled to explain the actions of my characters as I put a great deal of effort into "keeping things real".

Thanks for reading.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
please keep writing

Really enjoying this story. Please keep writing. Very good descriptions and characters. The writing keeps getting better through the chapters.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous