All Comments on 'La Cenerentola'

by oggbashan

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Five stars

It's by oggbashan; of _course_ it's five stars!

WilCox49WilCox49about 2 years ago

Ogg, a very nice story. Still a hair too compressed, but not as much so as many of your recent stories.

Why the spelling of the title as "La CeneWrentola"? You spell it correctly inside the story. (My first guess is your vision problems; I ask in case there's some actual significance to that "W".)

I enjoyed greatly the relation of your plot to Cinderella. It would be hard to miss, but you don't overdo it. That's really well done. (I've heard the opera once or twice, but it's been a while; I'm really unfamiliar with it except for (obviously) knowing that it's a version of Cinderella.

I'm glad you're still writing. This one was especially good.

Lovecraft_LoreLovecraft_Loreabout 2 years ago

5 stars

Some strange spelling errors for example "see69+*ms". And yes, I know the the spelling is atrocious in my stories. I just wanted to point out there were odd errors.

Also, was a refreshing April fools story, they fooled each other by really being rich and the fact that the story is that of Cinderella. There was no back stabbing or foul tricks.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 2 years ago

Nice story with no blazing se which wasn't missed. Rich beyond wealth is always surprising but you cab always buy your own brand of misery

ChopinesqueChopinesqueabout 2 years ago

A sweet read! No angst, just lots of goodness. Thank you sir! of course, five ***** stars.

Rancher46Rancher46about 2 years ago

What a wonderful and warm love story. 5++stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Very few jarring errors - a rarity here. Nice to have one that is both British and cultured.

oggbashanoggbashanabout 2 years agoAuthor

Strange spelling - possibly a text conversion glitch removed and a few minor typos corected.

WittonWittonabout 2 years ago

I loved the story - not least of all because I’ve seen productions of it in Anchorage, Santiago, Chile, Marseille, New York (Metropolitan) and probably a couple of places I can’t remember at four o’clock in the morning - in first decade of this century I had the great good fortune to have the time and means to travel to the opera when ever the spirit moved me - now I need a wheelchair to get through airports etc and the local company has been hamstrung by COVID-19

Thank you for the lovely story

OvercriticalOvercritical4 months ago

perhaps this is intended as a spoof for Aprils Fools Day so that would make it sort of OK. Otherwise it's way over the top as a silly fantasy. As some of the other commenters remarked, the Opera is given the Italian translation of Cinderella, but Rossini should have been mentioned as well as the fact that very few of Rossini's operas are actually performed and it is the overtures that are really popular. The Barber of Seville is probably most popular, but its overture as well as William Tell, the Italian Girl in Tangiers and the Thieving Magpie are probably the more popular overtures. For being just plain silly I rated this 3*

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useroggbashan@oggbashan
Can I now change bio? oggbashan was diagnosed as terminally ill and expected to be dead by June 2018. As you can see. I am still here. . As long as I can I will continue writing and posting on Literotica but there will be an end - soon. I don't expect anyone to like ALL of my...