All Comments on 'Lady in Red Ch. 07'

by Harddaysknight

Sort by:
  • 26 Comments
bruce22bruce22about 11 years ago
Pleasurable Read

It is fascinating that the score just keeps going up with successive chapters. Perhaps those who did not enjoy do not return for a second helping. I have to admit that it sounds like it was written for a Woman's romance magazine. All those kisses are just a bit too much.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Stupendous story that has kept me enthralled

The Lady in Red is a fasinating story, that has just built up and up after each chapter. I love the story and the characters, and have looked forward to each chapter and will continue to do so.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Just Excellent

HDK,

I remember the song Lady in Red sung by Chris DeBurgh, but tonight for the first time in years I found it on the internet and listened to it again. You have managed to somehow capture the essence of that song in this story. Truly amazing. I look forward to upcoming parts.

I strongly recommend anyone go listen to that song and then reread what HDK has done.

dairetodairetoover 10 years ago
Loving this story

Loved the song and love the story

Sid0604Sid0604about 10 years ago
Thank you...

I just stumbled onto this Chapter and enjoyed it so much I'm going to have to find the time to read the rest of the story. Thank you for sharing.

JorannJorannabout 10 years ago
??

I am really liking the story line, and I can suspend my belief in reality with the best of them, but the interaction between the characters and the dialog just flat out doesn't work for me. Nobody talks like that in real life - or even in made up lives in a story. I really want to make it through this whole tale, but honestly, I am struggling to get there.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I agree with loran

It's just not believable. The dialogue is horrible and all the girls kissing Steve is gross.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
ridicolous

maybe works if you are 8 years old.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
7 chapters and now dear annony doesn't like it!!

come on man you know you fucking love these stories. I gave it a 5

GoesGruntGoesGruntover 8 years ago
The Dissonance

The story is a fun read so far so I'm not complaining. The criticism in some of the comments seems to come from a few things though and I hoped to clarify them a bit.

The "family values" and interactions seem more like Leave it to Beaver than something happening after 1999.

The interactions seem quite repetitive, with the same few issues being rehashed over and over. (in some ways realistic, but when in happens in real life it happens over an extended period with lots of other things happening in between; it tends to work better in story showing if you only portray a few key examples of the many conversations)

In part because of reasons already mentioned, the dialog often comes across as hokey or contrived.

Don't forget, Harddaysknight warned us right up front this story was going to be larger than life - "To keep the melodrama at a high level, there'll be some incredible feats and heroic actions. This is no ordinary pair of kids and their adventures will prove it. If Navy Seals, football stars, surgeons, glamorous actors and models, and honest politicians destroy your ability to suspend disbelief; this story may not be for you."

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Kissing

All the kissing is really weird.

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
another one is added to the mix

he is a busy fella

LinneaLundinLinneaLundinover 6 years ago
Goodness

Fantastic, over-the-top goodness. I want some of those kisses and hugs! Thanks HDK, for the epically fun story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Heroine

The whole town loves their heroine.

Yes, from what I heard and read that's a problem in the US, especially in the mid-west and the Appalachia region.

Amazing how the country that started the whole "war on drugs" first let the CIA sponsored traffickers get the black community hooked on crack and now a generation later allowed the pharmaceutical companies to addict a sizeable part of the Caucasian population on opiates. I guess it's just capitalism at work and hey, no harm done. In both cases for the most part, the so-called victims (aka as junkies or drugfiends) weren't really high earning people. It's natural selection at work.

The stupid poor take themselves out of the equation, society improves. Amirite or amirite?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Sisters

I love my sisters but i will never want them to Kiss my man like that. And now even the cousin.....no way....never!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
LADY IN RED

Took the advice of Anonymous 4-16-13 and looked up the song on YouTube (comes into our TV). Totaled up well over 100 million views of various videos by Chris de Burg. A 1986 (original hit year?) on-stage-with-smoke version, fit the beautiful, etheral accompinent. The whole song, his voice, and accompaniment seems to fit with this story. There is also a.2016 (30th anniversary?) version.

Investigated a few other artists. None equaled de Burgh.

Kudos to Harddaysknight for appropriating this song for the title and story.

Paul in Oklahoma

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
How

How come we don't meet Paula's dad?.

Wolfgang1955Wolfgang1955over 3 years ago

Up to know all 5. Just to long and slow moving.

rayironyrayironyover 2 years ago
Don't know why i like it

protracted and overblown as it is...But i keep reading. grin

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

more filler. stack overflow!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

stack stays in overflow. still, i enjoyed the read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I had the pleasure of going to school with a Seals son . He only got into one fight after that no one would mess with him .

Ravey19Ravey19about 2 years ago

OTT but enjoyable and a great read.

Comentarista82Comentarista82almost 2 years ago

The grandmother expressed it best: it is kind of like a small harem Steve has now; add Stephanie to that? Before this chapter, I do not remember her being mentioned at all--she felt like she was thrown in there. I can, however, buy all the families on the block wanting to meet the "local heros," as that's perfectly natural.

Must raise a grammar issue: I've noticed frequent misuse of the semicolon. I'd suggest straightening that out by visiting the grammar section of The Free Dictionary, as they have excellent explanations about how to differentiate between the colon, semicolon and hyphen (basically you use a semicolon when only a colon or maybe two hyphens would be the only 2 forms of appropriate punctuation).

The really human part of this is twofold: getting Uncle Joe out of this solitude, and giving Steve a HUGE family he can't escape--which transcends the Anderson family property at this point.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Steve should open a whore house!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

This chapter teaches us to be magnanimous to all in all situations: before a crowd in the gym; in meeting new family members for the first time; in the banter around the Thanksgiving table; and interacting with the neighbors. Unbelievably good manners. Good humor. And outdoing each other in praise. Take note America. This author is teaching us in an extremely enjoyable and over the top way exactly how we should be. Thanks HDK. YOU ARE THE BEST!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarddaysknight@Harddaysknight
7124 Followers
I enjoy comments and seldom delete them. Writing is a pleasure for me. Reading comments, even negative comments, is a perverse pleasure. I thank Lit for providing a free forum to showcase my vast talent. Writing is recreation and fun for me. I am simply making shit up as I g...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories