Lamas Night

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Since his killing of the prisoner, his mind continued to go in unusefull circles, and his innards contracted with guilt and anger. Had he acted with the hot-blooded impulsiveness of a true man, he would never have invoked the honor code by imprisoning the Black Macgregor. Instead, he would have run the bastard through and let his blood soak the stones of his Court Yard at first sight of him. But no, he must scheme and plan, and now more had come to know suffering at the hands of his enemies. He had not yet been able to look either Iona or Lise in the face.

Before the door closed behind the sad procession, one figure hung back and came to him where he stood alone. It was Mary, though at first he could not recognize her. It was not only that heavy hair covered her shoulders and made a soft, unfamiliar frame to her face. It was also that her baring and aspect were entirely altered. She held herself straight and proud, and her blue eyes shone out of a face which bore a new vitality. Though obviously tired from a sleepless night, still, there was a weight lifted from her, and he registered with surprise that she was young and pretty.

She came to stand before him, looking into his hard face. "My Lord," she said with quiet dignity, "Vengeance is a dish rarely tasted by women. Tonight, I sampled it when I had long given up hope. It has freed me from shame and fear. I will nae forget that it came tae me at your hand, by your blade."

Colin's features twisted and his eyes went to the door, through which the other three women had vanished. "Too late I fear," he replied bleakly.

She saw the guilt. From her newly discovered place of pride and strength, she wanted to find words to comfort him but could not. Finally, all she could think to say was, "Please tell Master Owen tae be patient. Such wounds are terrible, but they can heal. I saw how they were together at the fires..."

Colin turned away with great bitterness. He too had seen how Lise and Owen were at the fires, and he had seen Owen's face as Lise was lead away by the women. He strode from the bed chamber and kicked out savagely, over-turning a heavy bench, and sending it skidding across the floor.