Laura's Moment Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"So where are we going Laura?"

"No idea, lets just follow our noses. Old town you said."

Off down the street they walked and perhaps to the casual observed a rather striking if odd slightly incongruous pair they made; A large 30 something woman with heavy bust, round bottom and obvious rolls of undulating flesh and a whispy teen in a lilac dress so obviously unsure of her self and constantly looking across at Laura. It would be an easy mistake to make to assume they were mother and daughter.

They walked for about twenty minutes until they came to the centre of the town. There were a number of restaurants all busy and seemingly in competition with each other with gaudy fronts and loud playing music. Teenagers were sprawled over benches in a square surrounded on all sides by restaurants. Laura quickly scanned the environment making an assessment of what they might offer.

"I don't like the look of these very much. Do you think there might be quieter ones?"

"I hope so, they all look pretty ropey to..."

Laura's reply was interrupted by an excited Emma.

"There look, there's a Mexican. I've never tried Mexican before."

"Ok then, Mexican it is."

Emma excitedly led the way and she opened the door in to a half full restaurant with some faces recognisable from the conference.

As the door opened a slender olive skinned man walked from the bar to greet them.

"Table for two?"

He had a strong Spanish accent.

Laura nodded.

"Follow me please, we have a nice quiet corner over here."

Menus in hand, he, lead them through the two roomed restaurant and offered them a snug table at the back. Where they sat felt away from the other diners and it was separated from the main dining area by a walled arch. It had once been a two room ground floor building. The smells coming from the kitchen and the clatter of pans and the occasional raised voices of the staff made Laura feel quite relaxed. It was what the lazier restaurant city guides would describe as 'homely'.

Laura and Emma settled themselves with Laura sitting with her back to the wall. Emma excitedly spoke,

"I've never eaten Mexican before."

"You said - and never drunk before either - is that right?"

"I know, terrible isn't it. Most eighteen year olds get drunk all the time, but I never have."

Emma was leaning forwards in her chair and she was looking at Laura expectantly. Laura continued,

"How come your parents don't drink?'

"Their beliefs - religion."

"Oh I see. What about you?"

"Religion? No, not me, not really. They never forced it on to me, but I suppose that I just respected their wishes really."

"Nothing wrong with that. In fact, that's to be commended really. So many kids just do what they want without a care for their parents."

Emma nodded.

"But I would like to try though and as i'm with you I think it will be ok?"

Her rising inflection turned a statement into a question.

Laura smiled at Emma. In her dress she looked very cute. Laura felt her stomach tingle.

"Don't see why not."

In their conversations, neither had heard the plimsoled waitress come over and quietly stand by the table.

"Hello, would you like some drinks? Are you ready to order?"

A young slender woman, barely older than Emma stood by the table.

Emma fumbled for the menu and then with eyes wildly scanning for no more than a few moments in some sudden fluster, tipped the top downwards and spoke,

"Oh god, I don't know what to order."

"OK, let me order. I'll get a few different things and see what you like."

Emma's shoulders visibly sagged in relief.

"Oh would you. That would be great."

Turning to the waitress Laura ordered,

"We'll have the Fajitas for two - chicken and beef, the mole and a side dish of spicy beans and a large jug of Margarita, oh and some chicken burritos as well."

The waitress read back the order, thanked them, turned and silently left.

"My mum would be amazed if she saw me now."

"Why's that then?"

"She's never seen me in a dress since I was ten. I just wear jeans and t-shirts. I thought it would be nice to try something different - you know, away from home."

Laura nodded,

"It's a very striking dress actually Emma, it looks great on you. Where did you get it?"

"Oh, on line. I had to alter it a bit though as it was a bit big."

Laura laughed.

"Yeah, me to, but I tend to have to go the other way."

Emma looked at Laura, frowned slightly and then spoke,

"I think you look great."

Nervously she continued,

"I think you do a great job Laura... "

Laura felt slightly uncomfortable and taken aback by Emma's so open complement.

"Thanks Emma, that's kind of you to say so. I like my job, well mostly anyway, so it makes it easier."

They spoke office chit chat for a few minutes until the same waitress returned with two big glasses and a 4 litre pitcher or Margarita. She placed it on the centre of the table and then filled both salt rimmed glasses to an inch off the top of the glass. As the waitress walked away, Emma stared at her glass,

'"Oh that looks lovely."

"Well, don't just stare at it girl, try it."

Emma bent her head towards the fine black straw and then, tentatively took her first sip.

"Oh wow, that's lovely. That's not what I expected at all. It's... it's all limey and salty and just ... yum."

"Told you. It is good isn't it. It's my favourite."

Emma took another sip, quickly followed by two more.

"Take it easy Emma, there is quite a lot of alcohol in it."

Emma looked up, straw between lips and spoke with a hint of disappointment in her voice.

"Oh, but it's lovely."

For the next few minutes they talked very little, with Emma just making little oooh and aaah noises every time she took a sip and Laura, as if infected with her enthusiasm for the new, laughed every time she to took a sip and added 'yuuuum' noises of her own. They look at each other across the table; teen co-conspiritors in an illicit discovery. Laura was quite enjoying her self and the tingling feeling inside was growing stronger by the moment, as was the heat between her legs as she started to see Emma in a far more sexy light.

After a few minutes the food arrived and then again, a wide eyed Emma sat and stared at the table with it's volumes of food. The drama of the crackling hissing Fajitas was almost a dish too far for her.

"Wow, i've never seen food like this before."

"Come on dig in, here's how you do the Fajitas."

With great excitement Emma tasted the different dishes. She liked the mole and thought the Fajitas were 'awesome', but the guacamole was 'a bit grim'.

The conversations, helped by the Margaritas became more relaxed. Laura found her self loosening up and laughing every time Emma tried something new. At times she thought it really was the village girl come to the city. She wondered how she had so little experience of different foods.

"What do you normally eat at home Emma?"

'Oh boring stuff really. Since dad left a few months ago it's been mostly pasta bakes and casseroles or beans on toast when mum has been out."

Laura thought it inappropriate to talk about Emma's father leaving and instead asked,

"Did you learn to cook in school?"

"We did home economics, but I found it really boring - I found school really boring."

'How come, was there anything you liked?"

"Oh I liked the English and the Maths and I quite liked Geography, but mostly I just found it boring."

"Really? You are so committed at work, you try everything and you do everything well."

"Really?"

"Yes really. I've not trained a junior from scratch before, but these last few weeks you've come on in leaps and bounds - why do you think your here if it's not because you are an important part of our office?"

Emma paused a few moments and took a small bite of the last remaining pieces of chicken Fajitas.

"It's different. People are nice to me at work."

She let the sentence hang in the air. Laura looked at her for a few moments and noticed that Emma seemed sad. A sudden change had come over her and she looked almost tearful. Laura felt a pang of concern. Emma took a deep draw on her straw and swallowed a gulp of Margarita and then refilled her glass.

"School was horrible. People said horrible things all the time."

"What do you mean. Why would they be horrible to you?"

Emma looked close to tears.

"They used to be horrible about the way I looked."

"But you look lovely, I don't understand."

Emma looked at her and then, as if confiding a huge secret she whispered,

"No tits Emma... Emma no tits."

Emma looked down at the table. Some part of Laura felt a terrible wrench and ache. Emma's now teary eyes and expression resonated so strongly with her own teenage life. 'Fat Laura' had become 'no tits Emma' Her heart went out to her. Even in the low lights of the restaurant alcove, she could see the tears running down her face..

"They used to tease me in PE and call me all kinds on names... I just wanted to hide all the time. They were horrible."

Emma took another large draw on the straw and refilled it again. Laura watched Emma pour the remaining content in to her own glass. The jug remained up-ended until the last drops fell and then Emma put the jug down heavily on to the table. Laura did a quick calculation; Emma had drunk the best part of three and a half litres of Margarita in an hour and a half. Laura thought best not to say anything. She looked at Emma, her face sad and deeply troubled and she spoke gently.

"Oh Emma that's terrible. People can be so cruel."

Emma said nothing. Her eyes were distant, almost far away and in a world of her own. She continued,

"They used to say they I was deformed... defoEmma."

Laura stretched out her hand to comfort Emma. Reaching out over the table she put her hand over Emma's and Emma's small fingers held her tight. It was as if the contact was the cue for Emma to openly cry. Tears streamed down her face. She sniffed and her shoulders occasionally shuddered. Laura gently squeezed her hand in silent comfort and she waited for Emma to stop. After a couple of minutes she regained her composure and glanced up at Laura. She looked so sad and her eyes, blood shot and teary told a story of deep hurt. She resumed staring at the table. Laura spoke softly,

"I'm so sorry Emma, it must have been horrible for you."

Emma looked up at her and then cast her eyes downwards. She nodded her head slightly. She spoke haltingly, her voice cracking and slightly hoarse,

"It was horrible. They used to say that I was deformed - I was the wrong shape."

"What do they know, stupid idiots."

"Not enough on top, too much below."

Laura looked at her, not knowing what she meant and not knowing what to say. Emma continued with a voice barely above a whisper.

"I'm deformed you know... down there."

Emma gestured with her head as if pointing with her head to 'below'.

"It's not right... it's not normal, it's too big."

Laura felt like crying for Emma. Her heart was beating so fast and she felt the sweat pour off her arms and her back. Her armpits were damp. She understood exactly what Emma meant and how the cruelty made her feel so wretched and miserable.

"Emma, people come in all shapes and sizes. I mean look at me, i'm really fat - obese actually and my tits are too big and my belly sags and .."

"Stop it Laura... you're lovely."

Emma was staring at Laura and she looked angry.

"Stop it...please. I think you've lovely."

"But Emma, people do come in all shapes and sizes - everywhere."

"They used to laugh at me. They used to say who would want to go out with a girl like me? You'll never get anyone Emma no tits. You're a freak. Emma the freak."

Everything began to made sense to Laura; the insecurity, the constant self doubt and looking for reassurance, the need to be assured and reassured all the time was a desperate attempt to get away from a so recent life of torture.

Emma sat quietly. Laura still held her hand, but Emma's hand was limp and clammy. It was as if all the spark and fight had gone out of her.

"For what it's worth Emma, I don't think you are a freak. I think that you are a hard working, kind, conscientious and caring person who's been bullied terribly. I see nothing wrong in you at all."

Squeezing Emma's hand again she spoke.

"Come on, let me get the bill and then we'll go back to the hotel."

Emma looked at her and nodded, almost relieved to be leaving such a public place. With a voice returning more to normal, she squeezed Laura's hand.

"Sorry Laura, I shouldn't have told you any of this. It's not fair on you. You're not even a friend, you're..."

"a friend."

Laura squeezed her hand back firmly and smiled at her. She beckoned the waitress over and asked for the bill. Laura let go her hand as Emma took another suck on the straw and then finishing she reached for the jug, forgetting she had already emptied it. Laura thought for now it best to lighten the mood. They could and would talk back at the hotel.

"So, the Margarita's a hit then?"

Emma's face brightened. She smiled and nodded slowly.

"it's great, I love it. I think it will be my choice from now on."

"Oh good, excellent, excellent favourite drink is this."

The waitress returned and with the bill paid they sat quietly for a few minutes whilst Emma sipped some water. Laura sat quietly watching her. She felt so sad for her and much of her conversation had been a mirror of her own life's experiences. Emma put the glass down and gently slid it away from her. Laura look that as the signal she was ready to leave.

"Right then Emma, you ready?"

Emma tried to stand and slumped back down in the chair.

"Oops, seemed to have lost my balance."

She giggled. Laura looked at her from across the table. In all the emotional intensity of the last few minutes she had forgotten that this was Emma's first time with alcohol.

"Are you OK Em?"

Emma looked at her and then started giggling,

'My mum calls me Em... you remind me of her."

"Yeah, thanks for that."

"No, I mean with the big boobies."

She giggled again and like a child speaking naughty words repeated them out loud for her own satisfaction.

"Big boobies. Big boobies. Not like mine... no boobies. Big boobies."

Laura looked at her worried about her mental state and also wondering how she was going to get he back to the hotel.

'Come on Em, lets see if we can get you up."

Laura rose and then standing next to Emma she held her hand and steadied her as slowly she stood.

'Well that's interesting."

Emma was sluring her words slightly,

"The room is going round and round. I think...you might need to help me Laura."

Laura hooked her arm through Emma's and slowly they walked towards the door. The waiter who greeted them was standing smiling at them.

"Good night Ladies, thank you for coming."

Laura nodded and side by side they left the restaurant.

Half way through the door Emma turned to say something, but the closing door's diagonal handle caught the Vee of her dress. The top of the dress tore open a good eight inches.

'Shit Emma, what have you done?"

A bleary eyed Emma looked down at her torn dress.

"Oh no, I like this dress. You said I looked like Audrey. Now I look horrible. It's ruined."

The dress had gaped open and the only thing protecting the world from seeing Emma's chest was the light lilac camisole top. Emma reached her free hand down to pull the torn side up.

"Must protect my modesty Mum said I must always dress modestly."

Though small, it was still some effort for Laura to support Emma and it seemed to her that moment by moment Emma was getting more and more drunk.

"I think we need to get you back to the hotel ASAP. Hold on to your dress Emma."

Emma looked at her and sluringly spoke,

"Why? I've got nothing to hide."

"Come on Em, cover your body, some things are private."

Emma looked ahead. Laura glanced at her as she had gone very quiet. She seemed to be struggling with some inner turmoil. Laura held her tightly around the waist and slowly they walked to the hotel.

"Your girlfriend is nice, my mum knows her."

"Really?"

Laura was quite surprised by Emma's sentence. She had never once mentioned Angela to Emma. Emma continued.

"Yes, my mum once had a bra fitted by her. She said the staff were very friendly."

"That's nice Emma, she is... Very friendly."

Emma giggled and through a drunken giggle slurred,

"I've seen you together in town before, shopping."

"Oh, why didn't you come say hello?"

Emma didn't say anything for a few minutes and Laura glanced across at her, but once again it seemed Emma had drifted off in to a world of their own. Laura held on to her tightly and Emma tilted her head to rest against Laura's right breast. Emma sighed,

"You're nice and soft Laura and you're nice to me."

"Why wouldn't I be Emma?"

Emma looked up at her, straight in to her eyes.

"I like you Laura."

"And I like you to Em."

Laura looked across to Emma and then Emma kissed her on the cheek. It was just the slightest peck, but it surprised Laura. Emma looked up at Laura again and continued in a more serious voice.

"You don't understand Laura, I really like you."

Laura looked down at her. Alarm bells were ringing,

"Oh Em, I like you to, you're good fun."

Emma looked straight ahead. She stared ahead for a moment pouting slightly and then spoke again in a firm and assured voice.

"I've decided that I'm a lesbian."

Laura tried not to laugh and thought the best thing to do was try and humour Emma the steps to the hotel. Alcohol... has a lot to answer for she thought. She looked across at Emma who seemed to be muttering to her self. After a few moments she spoke.

"You and Angela looked very close..."

She left the words hanging. Laura sensed her hinting at something but was not sure what. She seemed to be dragging her steps and then she slowed to an almost stop. She looked at Laura.

"I saw you and Angela together."

"Yes, you said Emma."

"You were in the shopping Centre a few months ago."

Laura looked across at her. Emma looked straight at her then looked away. Laura felt the first pang of worried curiosity. What was she hinting at?

"I followed you one Saturday afternoon. You and Angela went to the toilets at the far end of the Centre - the ones most people don't use because they're out of the way."

Laura felt the hairs on the back of her neck start to stand. Suddenly she felt very clammy. Their walk seemed to have become a crawl and Emma had become a burden. They stopped by a small wall a couple of hundred meters from the entrance to the hotel. Laura sat Emma on the wall and stood in front of her. Laura looked around. The street was mostly deserted but in the distance there were still a few people on their way out of town. Thankfully she thought, no one was coming her way.

Emma slumped forwards slightly and her hands slid to her lap.

Her now ruined dress gaped open and the camisole, twisted out of place barely hid Emma's right nipple. Emma seemed oblivious as she looked down at the ground. Laura stood in front looking down at Emma as she spoke quietly.

"I followed you. I waited a few moments and then went in. I could not see either of you and the disabled cubicle was closed."

Laura stood shaking. Her sense of fear at what Emma was going to say next made her head pound.

"I went to the door and I could hear noises. I could hear you..."

Laura thought she was going to be sick.

"When I put my ear against the door, it opened. You didn't close the door. The lock was bolted but it wasn't latched."

Laura stared at her. She remembered that Angela, in her hurry had almost slammed the door shut. It must have bounced open before locking. She silently cursed Angela for not checking.