Lesson

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
edrider73
edrider73
1,065 Followers

"She's really a lot of fun. I think we're going to be friends. Don't worry. We both decided that we're going to take it slow about the four of us getting together. It's better that James sees you as little as possible for a while.

"You don't have to worry, Neil. You cheated on me and got away with it. You got to enjoy Inga, and it won't cost you a thing. You won't have to learn your lesson, and you won't have to move out -- unless you are looking for an excuse to move out anyway. Are you?"

Neil was enjoying listening to her and smiling, but he noticed her voice had turned dark with her final words. He was still on trial. He had to think fast.

"You are the best lawyer in town, Eleanor," he said, ignoring her question. "Thank you for winning my case. I guess you're right. I won't have to learn my lesson."

"I guess not," she said, frowning.

"I'd like to tell everyone what a great lawyer I have. I could tell our friends Saturday night when we celebrate my birthday. I already told them I bought myself an expensive birthday present and not even you know what it is. They're curious. The story of me and Inga would really curl their toes. But I have the feeling you want us to keep this victory to ourselves."

"You're right."

The answer was almost automatic. From the expression on her face, he could tell she wasn't in a happy place and hadn't listened to him. He stopped talking.

"I'm sorry," she finally said. "What did you say?"

"I said I bought myself an expensive birthday present and I was going to announce it at the party Saturday night."

"That will be great," she said sarcastically. "They'll be delighted that you're still Peter Pan, who won't grow up. Buying yourself an expensive gift shows you're as childish as ever."

He laughed as he stood up.

"Where are you going?"

"Please stay where you are. I've decided to show you what I bought tonight rather than Saturday. I'll be right back."

"What's that?" she asked when he came back to the kitchen with something in his hand. Then he got down on one knee, and she began crying.

For background on the stories of edrider73, see "Author Interview: edrider73" by Literoticauthor. Tag: "author interview."

edrider73
edrider73
1,065 Followers