Like Heaven

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She replied, "I have to go, Will. God is calling for me."

She looked very sad. She got up off the bed, there was a flash of light and then her white gown was back on. She walked to the balcony and opened the sliding door.

I asked, "So I'll see you tomorrow, right?"

She shook her head no.

I said, "Oh, yeah, you're probably really busy. Will I see you on the weekends?"

A tear ran down her face.

I asked, "How about the holidays?"

Rory replied, "Never."

I laughed and said, "Yeah, right."

But she was serious. She cried, "I'm sorry, Will. But I told you it was forbidden and my punishment will be to stay away from you for eternity."

My heart just died. I felt numb and sick all at once. I fell to my knees and began to cry.

I asked, "Why does God hate me? Why won't he let me have something beautiful in my life like you?"

Rory replied, "God doesn't hate you, Will."

I snapped back, "Yes, he does! He's destroyed all of my hopes and dreams over and over again. I want you, Rory! I love you with all of my heart! You are my true love and I need you, Sweetie!"

Rory began to break down and she sobbed, "I have to go now, Will! I love you but I must heed his call!"

I begged, "Please, my beautiful angel, don't leave me! Stay with me, please! I will fight God himself for just one more minute in your arms!"

She turned away and stood out on the balcony. The wind and snow were whirling around her. It was almost time for her to go.

I cried hysterically, "Please don't take my future away, Rory! Because without you in my life, I won't have one! I'll have no future without you, Rory, my angel!"

I saw her cry, cover her face, then I could see her no more.

The whirlwind of snow was too fast and heavy for me to see anything. All I could see was that it was flying away from me.

I looked at the floor, I was a defeated man. I cried, "I can't, I can't, I just can't!"

Then I was filled with rage. I stood up and yelled, "I won't!"

I ran full force to the balcony. I screamed, "I won't let you go!"

Then I dove off the balcony. I went right through the whirlwind then began to fall.

I could see the ground coming at me fast. I closed my eyes and thought, 'I will never know love.'

I opened my eyes to receive my fate. I was about two yards from the ground when the wind and snow blew me back up into the air.

I screamed, "You let me die, damn you! Let me die!" Then I began to sob.

I was blown into my condo and fell to the floor. I looked at the balcony and there she was. It was Rory and she was smiling at me. She looked out on Lake Michigan and the whirlwind came back. This time Rory's wings were stretched out wide. This time it was like a tornado of snow. I couldn't make out what was happening to my angel but I did see a lot of feathers go way up into the sky.

Suddenly the wind and snow were gone. Rory was standing there as naked as she could be, no wings and a cute little white back side.

She turned to me, smiled, and came in out of the cold. She closed the sliding glass door and walked up to me.

I was in shock. I was frozen.

She put her arms around my neck and said, "Cat got your tongue?"

I worked out the words, "What happened?"

She looked deep into my eyes and said, "I was just born for you, Will."

I said, "But. . ."

Rory replied, "God tested your love for me and you passed, my love. You passed. God doesn't just give his angels away, you know."

I said, "So you're mine?"

Rory kissed me and said, "I belong to you and you belong to me."

I picked her up and swung her around in my arms.

I yelled, "Thank you, God! Thank you so much!"

I squeezed my soul mate and kissed her all over her beautiful face. Tears of joy ran down Rory's cheeks. Then I noticed I was wearing a gold band and looked at Rory's hand and noticed she was wearing a gold band.

She whispered, "We're married. I am Rory O'Riley."

I said, "But we need paper work."

And before I could say another word, a suit case appeared on the dining room table.

Rory said, "God took care of everything."

She opened up the suitcase and everything was there. Birth certificate, social security card, and marriage license.

She said, "I don't know how to drive so no driver's license."

She also had a degree in teaching.

I looked at her and said, "Rory, my beautiful wife, lover, and angel, thank you for being mine and thank you for being my future."

I noticed the clouds were gone from her eyes, yet her eyes twinkled like the stars. She gazed into my eyes and said, "We've just been married, right?"

I replied, "Yes."

Rory whispered, "Do I get a honeymoon?"

Then a big grin came across her face.

I scooped her up into my arms and carried her into the bedroom. I looked into her baby blue eyes and said, "I'm going to try to make every night we are together a honeymoon."

Rory replied, "Sounds like heaven."

The End

I got the idea for this story from one of the poems I wrote. It's one of my favorite poems. If you like this story read my poem, Christmas Whispers. Thank you.

BMR

Share this Story

Similar Stories

Kitten Love Lonely man who loves his cat is given one wish.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
Irish Eyes His love was betrayed, what next.in Romance
A New Encounter Man discovers his cat is more than just a house cat.in NonHuman
The Snow Maid He sacrificed his life, and met a Goddess instead.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
Sales Team Desperate woman tries to pay back man who saves her.in Romance
More Stories