All Comments on 'Little Lies'

by StangStar06

Sort by:
  • 155 Comments
bruce22bruce22over 12 years ago
Moving Story

As usual in all comes down to the lack of communication, though the idea that she deliberately sought out an unatractive low profile male so that she could increase the invsibility of her affair shows that she knew she was going to do wrong and still hung in there. Well portrayed and very real sounding.

It was not up on the board early this morning and I read it on the other site, but the author really had me worried that he had tired of our nitpickers and our extremists.. It seems clear that most of the more interesting writers have lost their motivation to post here and I find fewer stories to read each week....

RonRWoodRonRWoodover 12 years ago
Very good

story as usual. I think it was well written but I will leave that to the learned writers.

You wrote that the husband and wife still loved each other. That's hard to believe after the wife decided to cheat to spice up her boring life after raising their children.

It's also hard to believe that the husband and children loved her at all. Especially after joining forces to shut her out of their lives. She did not show a lot of respect for the husband by cheating but for the children to shut her out of the family? Wasn't she a good loving Mother up until the last few months?

Of course, this is a fiction story and I appreciate this is the way you wanted to tell it. I guess revenge is definitely moving on with another prettier woman and leaving the cheating wife in the dust...

huedogghuedoggover 12 years ago
my only question is why?

why cant every writer her put out the great hits like StangStar06? The man puts out hits like Motown did back in the day. This is just another line of Stangstar Hits, his is like the Quincy Jones of writing. 15 STARS

LoneStarRiderLoneStarRiderover 12 years ago
Outstanding

Outstanding. Riveting. Awesome. Compelling. Entertaining.

Okay, I'm running out of adjectives, here. This story may well be one of your best works.

MarvinSMarvinSover 12 years ago
Not enough Mustang!

Did she deserve another chance right after the picnic?

ohioohioover 12 years ago
A mixed bag

I found Part 1 to be perhaps the best story you've written so far. It was moving and involving--I was convinced by the pain the husband was feeling, the choices he had made, and even the hesitations and second thoughts he experienced.

By contrast, Part 2 seemed dull and anti-climactic to me. You made Joyce seem not only self-centered but dull-witted; her behavior made little sense to me, and it became difficult to believe that her husband could ever have loved someone so superficial and, frankly, stupid.

So for me, the latter part of the story really let way down from its excellent first part.

Thanks,

ohio

thebulletthebulletover 12 years ago
big legged woman ain't got no soul

I'm with Ohio on this one. Chapter one seems to be setting up a possible reconciliation since wifey appears to have come to regret her dalliance with the bag boy and appears to genuinely love her husband. She was coming off as a sympathetic character who had simply made a major error in judgement. It was a well written chapter.

But chapter two is a reversal of form. The wife in chapter two is totally unlikeable and while looking forward to her future with hubby, is even then planning her next episode of cheating.

And... she is dumber than a post. Nothing to like and why would hubby have married her in the first place, except for her fat butt and big legs?

btw... I like my title better.

Just sayin'

SKHPSKHPover 12 years ago
Once again StangStar06 at his best!

A very convincing story in the first chapter - very deep and well-told emotions. Submitting so many stories week after week has improved your already excellent writing skills further.

What did not really fit in this story - as ohio stated - were the reasonings of the wife given in the second part. Could anybody so dumb be really married to the 1st-person narrator of the first chapter? Could she be the mother of those two fine children?

And what I did not find really convincing was the slapstick-scene with her climbing into the back garden. The story was very good as long as it showed the insides of the characters, especially from the POV of the husband.

But all-in all: 5* from me

Mousse9Mousse9over 12 years ago

One can only tell a Loving Wives story in so many ways, and the cliche of the perfect husband is very prevalent in Stang's stories.

Still, it doesn't bore. The wife cheating with an unattractive guy so as to keep a low profile (so to speak), IS a new angle.

Bill not wanting anything to do anymore with his wife, at ALL, I can understand. He seems very principled, and even then, he doubts.

The kids were a surprise however. Their love doesn't depend on fidelity after all. And the kids are one adult and one almost-adult? At that point they'd have lives of their own already, independent of their mom's doings.

The kids shutting out their mother so fully was a bit over the top.

Maybe I'm mellowing out or something (yeah right, NOT), but Joyce's cheating was not as bad as in your other stories, although you didn't show all the going out and "dating" she and Matt did.

I think of Joyce as a "good person doing a bad thing" instead of "the bitch from hell".

The old perv nextdoor seemed really out of place though. I thought he was only there to make things worse for Joyce, but suddenly he has a story of his own to tell. This is just nitpicking though.

It was entertaining, but the story "feels" sad.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
WHAT DOES ONE WANT

deciscions are difficult when based on lies and deceptions, and different pains for all involved. TK U MLJ LV NV

68dawg68dawgover 12 years ago
Sorry, Ohio's right

Part one, good. Part two? Is this the same story?

Also, I think that the kid's reactions, especially Jessica's, were unrealistic. Not so much in the first part, where their anger is understandable, but completely cutting off the mother? Unh-uh. My then the anger would have more likely turned into disappointment. And besides you lose the opportunity for a Jessica-mom confrontation.

And having Jessica push her dad to hook up with Claudia? That's a guy's fantasy but not likely. It felt wrong.

Also, what's this about him treating Claudia badly? Boy, that came out of nowhere.

All in all, below your usual high standards. And, as usual, the mustang is superfluous. Though I guess you could consider it like the lit dynamite and naked eye in the Bizarro comic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Just another wife-hater tale

And for those of you who rave about the writing, please find your way to a public library. Pick up any book of short stories by any author and you'll find writing light-years ahead of this wooden crap. If, after doing so, you can't recognize the difference, it's time to attend the nearest college and take a literature class.

SW_MO_HermitSW_MO_Hermitover 12 years ago
Agree With Ohio

You started off with a very interesting story but it sort of died with a whimper. Don't get me wrong, Joyce got what she deserved but at the same time i could see a reconcilliation here or at least a more friendly ending. Your story though and your choice how to write it. I like your work and definately want to see more. I can sure see a good sequel here. Marry the assistant, become more friendly with Joyce, Marry Joyce to the Old Man Across the street...WOW. You are one of my favorite authors and once again you didn't dissapoint. Keep up the good work.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 12 years ago
Remember when Stang had Sting ( of humor)?

This is more then a bone tossed to the TTB crowd . It's a entire wooly clammed big fat legged hapless twat who's just pitiful . Preceding comments seem to be huzzahs stem to stern so I seem to be odd man out In thinking why not just tar and feather the staying strumpet- just a tad more merciful then Stang's collective familial shunning fate. The husband was wronged - I get that and has the right to vamoose. Blackmailing her out of big bucks for affair ? Harsh but I semi-understand that too; condo prices in Hawaii are nuts ! Recession or no.

As for the kids , I'm sure they were perfect and had every right to castigate viciously and repudiate a mother who had cared and loved them for close to two decades for two weeks of mediocre extramarital sex. The perfect day that was collectively staged was novel. "We will be kind to you today that we might be the crueler tomorrow." Excuse me , I'm off to write my masterpiece where the faultless hero makes a living browbeating and emotionally bullying some unmarried teenager who's just given birth and still woozy from epidural shot into signing over her kid for adoption as a fair and just consequence for having relations sans matrimony. ' Stang Man' has inspired me!

In all seriousness I thank the author for his collective work. Even in this not to moi flavor story ; he flipped time frames - past and present - and kept story on track to it's conclusion. He put me in the four main characters' heads and although they weren't likable ( to me) ; their internal dialogue rang authentic . Why so harsh in prior paragraphs ? I guess I hold Stang Star to a higher standard. Not to worry however; I'm just a 2 pump chump reader who will forgive and forget (most likely by his expected submission next week) unlike the wronged family members of preceding morality play .

vestspetvestspetover 12 years ago
Good story but...

There was none of your usual dark humor. I almost felt sorry for Matt -the other guy. Great job in changing the timeline of the action. Though, I would've like to know why or how Bill suspected Joyce of having an affair.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
lay off the The Stangster

everyone has an off day, so give him a break. not his best story, but it's still better than 99.9% of the work in the Loving Wives category. and that's no lie :)

looking4itlooking4itover 12 years ago
LOL

I really would like to have lit reconsider allowing anonymous commenting. A well crafted piece of writing doesn't have to be published in a book or literary magazine. In fact, I believe that the fact people are looking for something that is well written with character development, believable dialogue and a plot that makes sense shows that they do not need to take a literature class.

I enjoyed reading it. I thought the restraint necessary in the day at the park was well documented and compelling. I have to agree that the children cutting a mother off completely (especially in the long run) is probably not as likely but as some are given to say, there is little or nothing that is impossible when it comes to people and behavior--simply not likely.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
REVISITED AND REVAMPED

to have the whole family, years of togetherness, turn on her seems a little over the top. I dont know about that families moral fiber,but it is seriously lacking. Even the new girl friend who should be overjoyed at what had happened with their marriage since she was super faithful and a good friend and colleague and got the TSHIRT and everything. It was a good story. TK U MLJ LV NV

StangStar06StangStar06over 12 years agoAuthor
Hi folks

I agree with you, this one was a bit flat. I guess I was still pissed about last week's story. Last week I wrote a story called Asshole, that was very dark etc. It was of course rejected, I'm not even sure why, they said it was spelling. So if you want a better story than this one, go to that other place and read that one. If you check back through my comments from earlier stories you know where the other site is.

I hope next week's piece is better. Be warned if you do go and read asshole though it is a very different type of LW story. SS06

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007over 12 years ago
Deep!

Very deep! I liked this story alot. 5 stars

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 12 years ago
Great Story SS -- what OHIO... THE BULLET... and SWMO Hermit ...are missing about Part 2

The last several stories by this author have not been that good. Some of them I have not even bother to comment on even though I was featured prominently one of them.

But my analysis of the story shows that it's really really good and it strikes a very believable and heart rendering gut check with regard to the husband's actions and whether not he's doing the right thing.

Since this is a serious LW story it deserves to be treated as such. We can assume that since the wife's choice in a LOVER was so ODD... that she was NOT seriously looking for a replacement of her husband or hget some sexual need met. It may very well be that she was looking ONLY for for a "fling" or a "distraction".

This may lead some to conclude that since it only happened twice that perhaps with ...marriage counseling... the marriage could be saved.

That certainly could be one way for Bill to handle it .

And I really enjoy how the author shows the self doubt and self examination within Bill on the day before. But just like Bill's analysis ... The issue isn't so much that she cheated.

The wife had a problem...And the sticking point is that this is how she decided to react or "SOLVE" the problem.

Even at the park when the idiot wife gives that halfhearted speech about how they seem to have taken each other for granted ...her actual lack of confession and remorse... shows that the wife still does NOT see her own character flaw.

ABOUT PART 2

what OHIO... THE BULLET... and SWMO Hermit about part 2 is that it shows the wife EXTREME self centeredness

...and ...and the fact that the shock shows she doesnt get it.

For instance we learn that the wife even had the husband followed to see if he was in fact mis behaving with his hot secty in any way. Instead of being reassured the wife actually seem to be MORE angry!

MOROEVER the symbology... she gets Locked out of her own house and has to climb over fences and exspose herself just to get back into what was once hers.

I think its very powerful.... and you guys missed it.

Instead of going out and getting a job or building a career... she decided to fuck around.

In other words the way she choose to solve her empty crisis the reason why in Bill's mind the marriage was NOT salvageable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
***WARNING: SPOILER ALERT***

Read your other story at the other site. Don't understand why Lit rejected it. It is dark, but it certainly isn't any nastier than many Nonconsent, BDSM, Incest, Transexual/Crossdressing, Gay or LW cuckold or revenge stories are for a lot of people.

Of course, I'm not a writer, so I'm unfamiliar with the standards required for submission. I didn't think that murder was unacceptable. I'm sure I must have read a story with a cold, calculated murder in it. But maybe not.

Anyway, I've been a fan for a long time, and I just wanted to say thank you for all your stories, even the rejected one. It was certainly original, and I had no problems with it. I rather enjoyed it (and I'm not even a victim of a cheater).

RHinSCRHinSCover 12 years ago
Good one

I liked it. This is life. Some have a problem with the kids. Half of the town knew what she was doing apparently. That would account for the attitudes. They are old enough to know how things work. My daughters overheard the only time my wife raised her voice to me a couple of years ago. They gave her the evil eye for about two weeks. It is not hard to believe that a daddy's girl would be a wayward wifes worst nightmare. Did the dude get a surfboard and a VW? :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
I DONT GET IT

IF SHE CHEATED ONLY 2 TIMES IN 20+years, why is he destroying her and why would she accept a unfair settlement for 20+years..yes she cheated but he is being cruel,unfair and a prick. sure there are reasons to be angry but i DONOT GET HIS RAGE..DOESNOT WORK FOR ME

huedogghuedoggover 12 years ago
anon it doesn't work for you because

you sound like the type that the wife/husband could fuck half of country and you would stay. Just like Matt Monroe, there is nothing that would make you want to leave. While people like Stangstar and others won't put up with a lying cheating, foul infested slut.

AnotherClosetReaderAnotherClosetReaderover 12 years ago
midlife sadness

That is a recipe for holiday suicide if I've ever heard of one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Question

Did I miss it? I thought that wifey said she was pregnant. But I did not see anything else about it.

RHinSCRHinSCover 12 years ago
Comment On Asshole

It was a good one also. Yes he deserved it. You can't expect to get away with constantly fucking up other peoples lives. The asshole indicated that the pissed off husbands shouldn't wave guns at him because if they had the balls to use them their wife would not be cheating in the first place. I think thats true. Women are not likely to cheat on wild fucker. They are afraid of what comes next.

chytownchytownover 12 years ago
Just Enough!!!!!

But not a lot! Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

Anon-I-Don't-Get-It:

What, there's a set amount of times that it's acceptable to cheat on per decade? Is this negotiated before or after the wedding?

Anon-Question:

Nah, she wasn't pregnant. She just mentioned that she'd like to try for another kid and the husband wondered if the other man had gotten her pregnant.

On the story:

I didn't really like it to be honest. I read your stories because they deal with serious consequences in a light-hearted way that we can laugh at. This one ended very bittersweet, so I feel terrible for the wife rather than chuckling at her as in most of your stories.

AeroielAeroielover 12 years ago
Now that's more like it (The story, that is)

I know it is a successful story for me when I can smell the bitch (or bastard) burning from here.

I am, if nothing else, an equal opportunity hater ;-)

Thanks for honoring an age old Literotica tradition in classic Loving Wives style.

jasonnhjasonnhover 12 years ago
OK but

It all seems a little over the top. Joyce is a cheater, no doubt. She slept with a complete loser a couple times. She was pretty sloppy about it. She didn't try to embarrass or humiliate her husband. She had already come to the realization she had been foolish and was ending the affair. In response, her family completely cuts her out of their lives, she is given almost nothing in the divorce, and she is ostracized in the community. Seems pretty extreme for simply being a dope. <br><br>

I agree that the Joyce in the second part was far less of a person that in part one. Joyce 1 was likable, a person that did something bad but was coming to her senses. A person who loved her family. Joyce 2 was self centered and whiney.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 12 years ago
I find it perplexing that Lit rejected

"Asshole" but isn't there a transplant joke about an asshole that received a new body, but rejected it because it was the body of a (Insert an nationality here). Lit posts some really poorly written shit on here, but "Asshole" was not poorly done. Who knows what bug is up whose ass?

I was really enjoying this story when the husband began to have doubts about divorcing the wife after she was so good at the picnic. I was thinking this story was breaking new ground if the story was about wrestling with dilemma. Instead we had two wonderful kids, a faithful secretary/assistant waiting in the wings, and a husband that could move to the other side of the world. That was just all too convenient. HIV had to disagree with Bullet and Ohio, or he would have had to turn in his critic card. If theBullet said there was gravity in Kansas, HIV woould argue the point. Ohio sort of pointed out that the Emperor had no clothes by the end of the story. Thanks for another good read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
5 stars for the Mustang Man

Car wasn't featured as prominently in this tale as some of the others but aside from a few editing errors the story was eminently enjoyable, top-notch.

JLRemoraJLRemoraover 12 years ago

I'm interested more in the philosophical and psychological aspects of a story. With that in mind, I have a slightly different take on the relationship between the husband and wife.

Bill seemed to be operating more on a pre-programmed set of parameters, as evidenced during the trip to the park. The emotions were more of what was expected of the current situation rather than being heartfelt. Also, seemingly contradictory, on another level it seems Bill's emotions are so tightly controlled as to seem non-existent, outside of a simmering anger. It would seem he was half hoping, half expecting to leave anyway, he just needed a reason to.

Based on some of the story's other mentions, ie., having Joyce's mother come visit; it would seem that Bill's ultimate goal was long term revenge on his ex-wife, and not a true break from her. He would always be a thorn in her side, albeit, a distant one.

As for Joyce...

From the start I got the sense that she wasn't really in control of anything. Yes, she decided many things, planned most everything, yet, still felt powerless and thus helpless. As I read the story, I had this mental image of Joyce riding a inflatable raft on a raging white water river. Being swept willy nilly along. In effect, Joyce was defeated before she started. I suppose one could argue that her affair was an attempt to regain control. Not that I'm about to support that argument, I just want to muddle the waters.

As far as the children are concerned, they were more like props and clones of their father. Not really individuals in their own minds. Just carbon copies.

The only real outside influence is Claudia and that is mitigated to a minimal level. She isn't going to break the programming of Bill, only learn to live with it. Perhaps she would eventually overcome the resistance Bill has shown so far, but that would probably take another story by SS06.

I don't think the story was so much about a cheating wife

as it was a lesson in getting payback, to lash out because someone is ineffective beyond the scope they chose to occupy. The cheating wife was just the ploy. The rest could have been applied to almost any other situation where one requires/needs vengeance of some sort.

Anyway, that's my humble opinion of the basis behind the relationship, at least, towards its' end.

JLRemora

roomfor1moreroomfor1moreover 12 years ago
1 star too high for this story

If this was a paper for a creative writing class I would have read more than a half page. After reading a half page of descriptions with grammatical errors, I checked to see how long this headache was going to last and once I saw it was four pages, I decided there was no way I could read the rest of it. I suspect your frivolous attempt at writing creative descriptions were trying to lay the scene for the events that were to happen. However, your descriptions did not paint a worthwhile picture. Since Literotica lowest score is a one I gave the story a one and I probably would have given it 0. My advice would be to focus a bit more on your grammar, cut the creative descriptions, and do more editing. If you had, I feel this story would have gone from 4 pages down to 2 and it would be much more of an enjoyable story to read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Ok Bill, you had your reasons for ending the pain and the marriage. Per the author.

Not sure if there are too many sites where you can have writing published like storiesonline.com or Literotica.com.

I'm sure writers and readers are apprecieative of them.

oldwayneoldwayneover 12 years ago
Five Stars! You made me glad that it was Thursday!

I usually like the Hermit's work, but please don't follow his advice about a sequel! The reader needs to supply his/her own endings for a story like this. I think the bitch got her just desserts and she is such a loser that the old pervert is probably the best she is going to get. As for Claudia, she is a perfect replacement and will pull his family together. Great story; keep on doing it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

There were consequences to be paid for her actions, and so it went. The lady chose badly, and every aspect of her life materially changed for the worse.

katibkatibover 12 years ago
Too Long

I have enjoyed and even admired many of your stories. This one, though, seems a bit below your standard. As for the characters, my sympathies are with the wife, Joyce. She was bored and unfulfilled. Husband seemed not to realize this and (almost) flaunted Claudia in her face.

The story should have ended with Jessica leaving for the airport. What comes aftewards adds nothing significant to the story, except to indicate that the husband really is a hard-hearted bastard.

DunaDunaover 12 years ago

Not long it is super 5 stars and StanStar06 has not killed nobody, nobody has got suicid. Claudia and Bill may have children because Claudia is younger than .....

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 12 years ago
No one was a real winner in this story

Especially the kids.

Bill probably did the only thing he could do under the circumstances he was in, but it sill wasn't winning.

Thanks for the good but sad read.

zed0zed0over 12 years ago
GAWD! I LOVE A HAPPY ENDING!

A little long, but I loved the way Bill struggled with his conciseness. Even though it was a little "fling" out of boredom for her, it was a show stopper for Bill, and rightly so, respect/honor and trust were destroyed. Unless you have some kind of fetish, nobody wants to be married to a fuck slut, and that's exactly what she was.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 12 years ago
My two cents . . .

I agree with many other comments but have a thought or two that may differ as well. While I somewhat enjoy the irony, even dramatic tension, that comes with the husband's surprise departure, or put another way, shock and awe effect, I also feel it's too phoney. The story's title, "Little Lies," also describes Bill's pretense at the family picnic.

I think it's dishonest and even childish to "pretend" love and affection while hiding one's true intensions. Why waste the time, in fact, why sink to the wife's level by lying about your feelings? I can understand pretense if one wants more time to gather evidence of spousal cheating, thus paying out enough rope for the other to hang himself/herself and get caught with the cameras etc. needed to provide evidence for the negotiation phase in a divorce. But Bill already has the recorded evidence.

I also understand the need for revenge, but I think the punishment should fit the crime. Most felt total exclusion from the family was extreme and over the top, and I agree. Bad enough she got little in the divorce and public humiliation. She got her "spanking" and lost her marriage. Isn't that enough? Many in her shoes would commit suicide since her punishment seemingly has no end.

Also, another lie. She was given to understand that signing the divorce papers uncontested and without an attorney would save her from the public shame she would face should she fight it. Yet she got the humiliation anyway. That's like telling the bad guy to come out with his hands up, put down his weapon, promising he won't get hurt, then shooting him anyway after he does so.

Even though Bill did not directly "spill the beans," he must have known what would happen based on his daughter's revelation (that half her friends already knew what her Mom was doing). Were I she, I would have challenged the signed papers and asked a judge to invalidate them on that basis. Anyway, the papers were not notarized (a process server can't also be the notary) or witnessed. So a judge could throw them out for that as well as order mandatory counseling or whatever.

A final note. The story did not sufficiently emphasize Mustangs or big tits. I hope the author is not abandoning his trademarks. More sweet little lies if he is. Thanks for writing.

P.S. I am a fan of Fleetwood Mac too, and your title song is one of my favorites.

RePhilRePhilover 12 years ago
Thanks for another good one!

Loved the story. A couple descriptive paragraphs were aittle long and slightly boring. Wasn't able to connect their significance to the story, but I'm nit-picking here. I guess when you write like the it's only the little items that stick out! Have a great day Stang

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Same Song, Second Verse

Wife cheats, husband dumps wife. Same theme in previous stories.

It is always amazing that there is some hottie to take her place even before the divorce papers are served.

BelgiumBelgiumover 12 years ago
Ambivalent

I really have ambivalent feelings about this story... On the one hand I don’t respect cheaters at all. But on the other hand, if she only gave one blowjob the first time she cheated and had sex with her boy-lover only on one day, then Bill must have been a freaking genius to both suspect her and set up a situation to catch her on tape. But if that’s the case, I don’t respect him either. Because it seems to me he didn’t act to mend their relation before it was too late… he never went to his wife to voice his suspicions about the “rut” in their relation but left it festering… had he talked to his wife, the situation probably could have been averted. So perhaps he had ulterior motives as well? A longing to dump his frumpy wife and shack up with his sexy secretary perhaps?

As to the “sanction” of banning her out of her kids lives… that’s quite harsh a sentence and quite cold, certainly if she was a good mother…. Makes one almost hope the kids get something like that happening to themselves…. The wife really got the short end of the stick here…

The old geezer was out of place in the story though… first he’s a lecherous old dog and then he has a come to Jesus moment? Not quite believing. The story could have done without that angle.

As usual very good writing though!

grogers7grogers7over 12 years ago
Thanks for generating the comments

Great Scot(t)!! SS06 you can write a story that gets the entire peanut gallery up in arms with opposing opinions. I'm LOL here. The humor in the comments is the best part of this story. LordSlamdawgg gets my vote for best rants outside of Dennis Miller.

"It's a entire wooly clammed big fat legged hapless twat who's just pitiful." -- Well, when you put that way...

"Excuse me, I'm off to write my masterpiece where the faultless hero makes a living browbeating and emotionally bullying some unmarried teenager who's just given birth and still woozy from epidural shot into signing over her kid for adoption as a fair and just consequence for having relations sans matrimony. ' Stang Man' has inspired me!" -- And sans coulottes, no doubt inspired by Jacobins.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Couldn't get into this

While I'm sure the TTB crowd is having an orgasm over her treatment, I didn't like it much. I don't like cheaters - my first wife was a poster child for round-heeled slut - but, all things considered, this was over the top. Maybe he couldn't live with her after finding out but setting up for a lifetime of emotional isolation and misery just doesn't do it for me. Also, her children, especially her daughter, were real pieces of work. Jessica was one cold bitch, making sure that there was no give at all.

shuttlepilotshuttlepilotover 12 years ago
What some of you don't seem to understand...

is that when a woman has an affair, good, bad or otherwise, she allows another man to ENTER her body and ENJOY what was promised to her husband, alone.

Aside from murder, this is the greatest betrayal there can be... even having another's child still stems from this original act.

There can be no forgiveness, no understanding, no forgetting... otherwise, there was no love to begin with.

To those who say the children were beyond normal response... I ask you this: if children dislike the new boyfriend or girlfriend how can you expect them to stay on good terms with the mother who cheated on the father?

Is it a caveman attitude to think this way? I don't think so. How many women on Maury have been 1 Million percent sure 'he' was the father and it turned out to be someone else?

Discover Magazine in 1985 had an article that stated that at least 25% of all married women cheat during marriage and that was so long ago.

What response is called for? I cannot see myself ever forgiving a woman doing that to me nor could I ever see a reason to do so.

ParPlus10ParPlus10over 12 years ago
Something to dislike for everyone.

For me, this story was emotional. You did not make the cheater a bad person and it was hard to want to see her punished to the extreme to having even her mother desert her.

She was stupid like all cheaters are and I would have divorced her as well.

As I read the second part I didn't think it was flat. What I wanted was to feel that she got what she deserved. I could not feel that way.

I could never make fun of the kids on the short bus when I was young either. And that is what I felt like she was. One of the kids on the short bus.

This is one of the very few times I felt bad for a cheater.

Damn you!

We're supposed to be able to burn the bitch.

Good job and thanks for the read.

shdwwrtrshdwwrtrover 12 years ago
Two critiques

When I read this story on the other site, I had the same reaction as Ohio. I liked the first part but thought the second was far from your best effort. Now, for the two cents I'd like to toss in:

#1. The reaction of the children to totally cut their mother out of their lives seemed out of place and I'm surprised Harry in VA didn't point this out--he's usually pretty sharp in seeing character motivation problems in a story.

The solution, in my view, is rather simple, since you've done it before. In Cobraxicodone, you so tied the daughter's affections and upbringing to the father, that her rejection of her mother--which was similarly over-the-top, by the way--actually fit her character.

In this story's case, it would have been helpful to have a few lines early in part one, showing the father's tremendous involvement in his kid's lives over against their mother's benign neglect. With that in place, the kids' disgust at their mother's abuse of their beloved father would totally explain their later extreme rejection of her.

#2. I don't really have an issue with how everything played out in the second part--I have an issue with how you wrote it. There were characters and scenes that I would have loved to gotten to know and read about--especially Claudia and her blossoming relationship with Bill. Instead, we learned about them all through Joyce's self-absorbed soliloquy.

Oh to be a fly on the wall at that Christmas dinner in Hawaii with even Joyce's parents there! As it stands, part two seems to be a rather mad dash to paint Joyce as repugnant as possible, when I would have preferred a bit more leisurely stroll with all the characters. But that's just me.

DunaDunaover 12 years ago

1. 70% of the husbands and 60% of the wives have in the lifetime minimum 1 extramarital affair in a marriage. This figures are correlation with the 50% divorce rate.

15%-16% of the spouses are extramarital affairs in nowdays during 1 years time period. However these figures overrepresent from the serial cheaters and the sluts.

2. There is a group whom I call relative fidelity group. These people (husbands and wives) once or twice make mistakes in her/his all life and they can be aim of a succesfull reconcilation. However for a serial cheater or a slut the reconcilation is mistake.

3. Children reaction: One of my favorit revenge stories Beermaker "Dawn the cheating slutwife". Here the daughter helped her (not biological) father (with her father's not biological son) in the total revenge but she did not let alone her mother after the total revenge.

BTW I glad Stangstar06 did not kill or sent suicide his character.

mikothebabymikothebabyover 12 years ago
this is for roomfor1more

People in glass houses should not throw stones. I am Stang's editor and I am insulted about your comments about grammar and editing. I just tried to read your story Yvette's Summer Adventure and found several simple errors in the first few paragraphs. When you have written a perfect story with no errors, then you can criticize others. I pride myself on doing a good job but I am human and I make mistakes. Perhaps you should be reminded that this is a free site and we do this to entertain others. We do not get paid but take a lot of criticism. I am not a professional editor, I just like to help the authors here put out good stories. No wonder many good authors on this site have ceased to write or write very seldom now, they are run off by people who are too nit picky. People who either never write themselves or who do write but have their own errors. How can you criticize for some thing that you do yourself. OK, enough of my rant. Have a good day everyone, Mikothebaby - aka Kate

ParPlus10ParPlus10over 12 years ago
To mikothebaby

I agree. Constructive criticism is good, but too many out there feel they have the right to flame the authors. It's too bad the authors who don't want the idiot's feedback need to eliminate everyone; like it seems PAPATOAD has done.

I've made similar comments before but don't carry your credibility.

lokiloslokilosover 12 years ago
Something people missed

I noticed that many people seemed to think the kids reaction by cutting the wife out was over the top. But No one mentioned how her actions affected their lives.

The son had what he thought was a great girlfriend. But when his mother, who's been married for over 20 yrs, starts cheating on her husband, he starts doubting his own girlfriend's fidelity. And since he has nothing but his mother's actions to really base his doubts on, of course he's going to be pissed at her. She made him doubt himself, his girlfriend and his own ability to read people he thought he knew since I don't think he knew his mother was going to cheat.

The daughter is even easier to understand. One, she's a daddy's girl. Two, she states that half her friends already know her mom's a cheater. So you have her affection for her dad and her humiliation in her peer group for her to deal with. For a teenager, that's a lot.

I read this story on the other site and agreed that the total cutting off of her family seemed harsh, but it was early in the process. Feelings can change over time and this didn't have to be the end.

To sum up, I understood why everyone was pissed at her for messing up, but felt sad that she got screwed over so badly.

PS: She got outed by her boyfriend's mom, so that's her problem, not the husband's. He kept to his word. Just commenting on something someone else said.

RHinSCRHinSCover 12 years ago
Thank You Lokilos

I did not feel like typing all that into my first comment. If half of the daughters friends knew, how many others knew also? I would think that talking to your friends about how your mother is a slut would not be cool at all. The son was old enough to choose and he decided not to deal with her. It's not like the father turned them against her, she did that herself.

fausttusfausttusover 12 years ago
so-so on this story

Problems with this one all stem from part 2. I read a commit from an editor on this story. I would say the grammar and mechanical errors don't take from the story and are minor.

No the real problem is the second part was rushed. So much so ALL of the characters come off as jackasses. Well except creepy guy, He comes out to be an OK individual...WHY call him creepy guy if he's the only good guy in the story? This is where and editor should step in and make suggestions. Editing should go beyond grammar and punctuation. It should extend to how a story flows.

I mean she cheats on the husband. OK, not good. But in the opening he says she is there for the children and was a good wife and mother, so he thought. She planed family outings and even tried to spend time with her rotten piece of crud daughter. Why would children abandon a mother especially the son who was supposed to be close to his mom?

I understand every daughter in your stories is an evil witch without an oz. of goodness to them. And they occasionally attempt to kill their mothers. Why doesn't dad ever disown them like their mothers?

Thanks for the story and for listening to my rant.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
No title

Just me, I guess, but, although she was in the wrong, I like to think that there is love and forgiveness in us all. I was very uncomfortable with the way you finished it. Kind of made me wonder about you. I like so much of what you write, but you did a hatchet job on her, and I think you're capable of constructing a more uplifting and meaningful story.

JeffTomJeffTomover 12 years ago
To Harsh:

I wish every one could have a little forgiving. May be talked. Her kids would still see she loves them and be freinds. May be at the end of the story she could get together with the creep across the street, as he is/was hurting himself.

Kind of think you were a little hard on her.

DunaDunaover 12 years ago

1. I do not think any chance for the reconcilation. Claudia is a younger woman and if she is smart she will start a 1 or 2 common baby project in Honolulu.

2. If Bill is smart he will perseude his children to visit their mother. The children have to be a little time to forgive their mother.

demantoiddemantoidover 12 years ago
Got me hypnotized...to ask if those STORIES are right...got me hypnotized! StangStar!

Hey the record is seemingly always skipping with,...thank you StangStar, great story great story great story great story, great story...SCRATCH..yeek!

I loved the picnic. Beautiful slow tension...delicious.

Rock on gold dust woman!..and dig your grave.

Ps...Still think Peter Green was the most talented member of Fleetwood Mac. Hypnotized and Black Magic Woman...Brilliant.

norcal62norcal62over 12 years ago
A sappy ending, with wifey whining about her life.

Don't understand LW authors almost always going on and on about the "injured spouse" still loving the unfaithful spouse with all their hearts. So unrealistic it further damages the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
blah! What a piece of drek!

The startup was good; but it quickly devolved to reveal the most self absorbed, narcissitic and ridiculous main characters. You'ld be doing the world a favor if you ended the story after the first page.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
The price of betrayal...

I've read the story, and the majority of comments on it, and I'm really surprised at the number of individuals who simply JUST DON'T GET IT!

Bill appears to be a hard-working, attentive husband, a man who dearly loved his wife. He knew that she wasn't the most beautiful woman in the world, but she was his wife and he both loved and adored her. He worked hard to support her and his children - and, in this day and age, it takes quite a lot of funding to support a stay-at-home wife and fund college for two children.

He was a caring husband, which is shown by the fact that he apparently never begrudged the time his wife spent on her various charity groups and the like. This was what she wanted, and it apparently (based on the face she presented) gave her a sense of fulfillment and purpose in life, and thus he willingly went along with it.

And, by the wife's own admission, Bill was not lacking in his pursuit of her in the bedroom. Her reminiscence indicates that he was near-constant in his sexual ardor for her. This was despite the fact that Claudia was obviously younger and more beautiful and - at the outset - "available" to him, until she realized that he either didn't notice her or was simply far too "married" to be interested in an outside dalliance.

With all of this in her favor, Joyce still found herself to be "bored", and willingly chose to have an extramarital "fling".

In many such tales, the wife is more a "victim" of some suave and sophisticated slime-ball who makes a sport out of preying on housewives in the midst of a mid-life crisis. But this was not the case. Joyce actively decided, "I'm bored. I'll have an affair." THAT makes all the difference, if you'll permit me to borrow that phrase from Frost.

She chose to be the active party, finding a man to first flirt with, and then - later - seduce into her bed, or couch, or wherever. She even went so far as to "survey the field" before settling on an individual whom she calculated would raise no real suspicion - a 35-year-old nebbish who still lived with his mother. Who would ever believe that she was having an affair with THAT man?

While we're not told (rare, for a StangStar tale, I admit) how Bill discovered her adultery, Bill's reaction is entirely believable. Joyce coldly plotted her "fling", and so Bill just as calculatingly plotted his "response". His notion of a divorce settlement is fitting enough; she brought no monetary contribution into the marriage, so why should she deserve some huge 50% "benefit" from its dissolution?

As for the idea of nobody learning of her actions, Bill only promised that HE would not speak of it to anyone. If Joyce relied on that as a guarantee that her shame would remain hidden from public view, this is merely further proof of what an utter fool she turned out to be.

And, for those who suggest that the reactions of the two "children" is less than believable, I think you're confusing "children" with ten-year-olds, rather than two young adults who are of college age. They were old enough to catch on to what their mother was doing, even before Bill noticed, and they were intelligent enough to realize that it was their mother's own selfish actions which were responsible for the ending of the marriage - and the hurt that they saw their father going through. Their utter rejection of their mother is entirely understandable.

Remember, we are only shown the first year of "aftermath" to the divorce. Claudia expects that, as time passes, Bill's wounds will heal, and he'll gradually lose his fear of giving his heart away again. It will happen. So, too, will the children begin to mellow, and eventually mend at least a portion of their relationship with their mother. Al we are seeing, here, is the initial reaction, which HAS to be of a strong nature. The emotions are strong, so there is no other form that the reaction can take.

All in all, this was another great story, in my view! I just wish that some of the supposed "learned" other authors could open their eyes enough to see the facts as stated.

KenjinnKenjinnover 12 years ago
there must have been other problems in the undercurrent of the marriage

you expect me to believe that simple boredom of all things would override all emotions, all vows, all the love, and cause her to share her most intimate moments reserved for her spouse with a random slimeball that she met?

perhaps anger, spite, jealousy, resentment. any other stronger emotion/feeling would of better explained her straying.

i'm not saying that having those more powerful emotions would justify cheating but if people started cheating the instant that they got a little bored with their lives and their partners, then everyone would become a cheater.

nevertheless i still gave it a 4

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
On this one I'm going to have to call BULLSHIT!

This totally together, smart, articulate man builds a life with someone stupid enough to enter an emotional relationship with what can only be described as a borderline mentally retarded bag boy??? I know this is fiction, but dude, it should have some aspect of believability.

Loved the quantum mechanics story (my BS was in high energy physics), the guy marrying the grandmother may be one of the finest stories I've ever read (philosophy minor -I'm pretty well read). That's why this one is such a let down.

And then the husband, who should have suspected a brain tumor or something in the TOTALLY uncharacteristic behavior of his wife entering a relationship with a retarded boy....he wasn't some sexual idiot savant....as you describe it was more of an emotional connection than physical. I cry BULLSHIT!

Then he walks away from a twenty plus year marriage without losing anything....not in this nation, not on this planet. Then he just happens to have a totally together, hotter looking assistant who just happens to have worshippd him for ten years???

My bullshit meter is spinning out of control. And to top it off you torture the poor, mentally unbalanced ex-wife. I wouldn't have treated Pol Pot that shitty.

You're still in the top ten stirrers on this sight; hopefully this was written when you bumped your head or something.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
COMMENT #2

S.S.06 put in the story an old time saying "ONCE A CHEATER ETC" in while she was daydreaming and thinks maybe in the future I can find another,,,,,,,,,<<<<TK U MLJ LV NV

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 12 years ago
A self centered selfish woman gets hers -

Looks good to me -

She indicated that although she was ready to end the affair then she could have another one later when the mood struck - her. AFTER she had the wonderful day with the wonderful husband - she was and is a bitch of the first order and got what she deserved -

It could happen as indicated - no fault does not require people to take 50 -50 they can agree to some thing else if they so decide to. It just means that if they fight it out in a court and let the system run it's course they will get the 50-50 split.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
I was afraid...

I was afraid that you would heve them get back together in this story. This bitch deserved everything she got. (This statement is from a man that has screwed around for 56 years, go figure.) The double standard I guess.

Saxon_HartSaxon_Hartover 12 years ago
Lies

The lies and deceit are truly the worst part of things. It sucks bad enough that the woman you've tied your life to is getting cock from some jerkoff, but the blow to the nuts that hurts most is being a chump and being the only one who doesn't know you're a chump. Great writing as always! 5*

SH

Johnny1MJohnny1Mover 12 years ago
Constructive criticism

In so many of these stories the wife cheats, the husband finds out and leaves her taking 75% of their assets. In real life the wife cheats, files for divorce, and tries to get as much as she can. And she does better than the husband if there are young kids. In fact if she was a stay at home mom, and the husband had a very good job(doctor, lawyer, etc.) it's likely that she would get well over 50% of their assets plus maintenance. Read Rehnquist's essay on divorce law. The law doesn't care about who was cheating on whom. And believe me, the wife, given the choice of having her cheating exposed and getting over 50% of the assets plus maintenance, or getting 25% of everything plus silence about her cheating would learn to live with her shame very quickly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Hm,

a little bit like painting by numbers this was...

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdover 12 years ago
Well written, but...

This is one of those stories screaming for at least a short period of marital counseling, if for no other reason than to enable both parties to move on with their lives. Hopefully some guy reading this won't think that this is an appropriate way to react to his wife's betrayal. I'd like to think that I would set a better example for my kids if confronted with a similar issue. Still, this was a very good read that I enjoyed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Cheating Double Standard

The one thing the law courts and the media forget, is that a cheating husband, unlike a cheating wife, CAN'T bring a Cuckoos egg home to the nest.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Seriously? All your fucking stories are the same.

The only thing that ever fucking changes are the names. I recogniz that you are only an amateur; but can you try....just try to write something a little different?

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
the last Anonymous...

... is apparently one of those people who finds fulfillment in bitching. Stang is among the most inventive authors in this category. He's written science fiction, a werewolf story, adventure stories, a western, a story about a supernatural Mustang, stories with incestuous cheating, etc, etc. Cheating wife stories have a fairly stable plot structure: wife cheats, husband finds out, then conflict, then some kind of resolution. But StangStar06 has developed that basic plot in more various and imaginative ways than almost any other LW author.

semofuncpl3semofuncpl3over 11 years ago
Sorry

This time I have to side with the with. When a dick head pays so much attention to his secretary/assistant that his wife hire a PI, then he is definitely NOT spending enough time with the wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
sad tale

well written, but what a sad tale

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

What a pair of losers, and by that I mean both the wife AND her husband. Seriously, when you spend so much time with one specific woman who is NOT your wife that people ask you if she is your wife? That's called cheating. It might not be sexual, but it sure as hell is emotional, especially when the secretary (I'd say slut, because she clearly doesn't respect the sanctity of marriage, spending that much face time with another woman's husband) has made it clear that she's trying to take him away from his real wife. Not all cheating is about where you stick your dick, and it really rings pathetic when he's acting like he still hasn't gotten over his wife while fucking Claudia and making her an intimate part of his family life.

Danger09Danger09over 11 years ago
Great story 😛

I was reading some of the anonymous comments & I have to disagree with their idiotic conclusion/perception of this story: I do not agree that just because the husband spent time (work hours) with his secretary that constitutes cheating--emotional cheating, bill & Claudia's relationship was strictly business; it's not his fault that Claudia fell in love with him, I think it's idiotic for you to say; if bill & Claudia are spending so much time together that people in the office thought they were married means bill was having an emotional affair: I think you need to google the definition of an emotional affair because this wasn't it. There's also the idiotic comment about bill spending too much time with his secretary Claudia to the point where his fat lazy wife hired a PI to follow them, first off if the wife truly believed that her husband loved her & was faithful to her she wouldn't of felt the need to do this, she hired a PI due to her insecurities & her lack of faith in their relationship; the fat wife was just jealous of her husbands relationship with his secretary--that's her problem not bills! Second of all; most cheaters assume just because they fuck around everybody else does too. The bitch (Joyce ) has a very low self-esteem --why else would she sleep with someone who has an IQ of a grape? I didn't read anywhere in this story where the husband drove the slut to slut around, she was bored, she was feeling old--blah blah blah, if she was bored bitch should've gotten a fucking job or watch some television, or read some literotica stories, or clean the fucking house! If she was feeling old & unattractive the gutter slut should've joined a fucking gym or get on a fucking diet-- she chose to spread her legs for a man whose been declared mentally retarded--why because she was bored & old! I don't see how any of this is bills fault; she was the one who chose to fuck away her marriage & children, she was the one who refused to communicate her fears of being old & bored to her husband--a man who loved her regardless of her widening ass & laziness. Shit when I turned 27 I was feeling old & unattractive I communicated this to my husband & he made me see that I wasn't old nor was I unattractive I didn't go out & fuck some retarded guy. Bitch should be in jail, technically Matt isn't of sound mind to make adult decisions , so her having sex with him knowing he has the mind capacity of a 5 year old should've had the bitch in jail. Just like at the picnic Joyce was able to talk to bill about them growing apart she could've done this BEFORE she suck'd & fuck'd Matt . Realizing what's important after the fact is not a factor. Joyce's problem was she was way too busy thinking about her self to worry about her family . I don't understand why bill did those things to Matt because Matt wasn't the one who hurt & lied to him--Joyce was. Bill misplaced his anger, he married a fucking fat lazy selfish whore who isn't worth smelling his piss. Just like how she was already plotting & planning on having another "fling" cause she thought she got away with fucking Matt , just shows how she's selfish. What was going to be her excuse next time? Once a cheater gets away with cheating they continue to cheat because they assume their partner is a moron who wouldn't know. Bill never made her feel unattractive (even though she sounds fat to me with no boobies) he treated her like she was a super model but that wasn't enough. I'm glad he dumped the slut & moved on with Claudia . Joyce needs to move in with the old perverted guy across the street they have a shit load in common. Joyce is angry at her daughter but she should've seen this coming, she tore her family apart for stupid reasons that in her mind made sense at that time. She shouldn't be angry at her kids for not wanting to spend time with her, even Jessica's friends knew her mother was fucking a bag boy, does she have any idea how cruel teenagers could be in regards to something like that? I've read this story plenty of times & I still enjoy it tremendously ! Stangstar06 is an excellent fucking writer that brings emotions out in his stories. I love his mustang references I actually told the hubby I want a mustang in my favorite color ( candy apply red) . If you don't like his stories stop reading but don't come on here & bitch about his stories being the same or he can't write. Nobody want to hear/read that shit.

sugnasugnaalmost 11 years ago
Better

One of your better stories. Nice ambivalent plot. You actually made me feel sorry for the stupid woman. If I were the husband, I would have divorced her, seen how she behaved for a year or so while I had some fun, then considered getting back together with her. For those that haven't been married for 20+ years, it is hard to split up a family, even if your spouse is a dope.

krosis666krosis666over 10 years ago
Good title choice

And also ironic, as most of Fleetwood Mac's songs were written about their cheating spouses and bandmates. Imagine having to sing a song over and over again that your husband or wife wrote about how much they hate you. Now that's good revenge.

Pulsifer42Pulsifer42over 10 years ago
Appropriate outcome

A well conceived and sustained story. Good writing. Thanks.

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
Bored?

I'm amazed, though I probably shouldn't be, at how many of these cheating wives don't work, but want upper middle-class life-styles that require their husbands to work hard.

Then they complain that they never see their husbands and are SO bored HAVING to hang around the house.

It never seems to occur to them to either cut back on their life-style or get a job so that their husband doesn't have to work so hard.

xtchrxtchrover 9 years ago
Reasons?

After reading many LW stories, I don't really buy into all the reasons that cheaters give. Bored, curious, lonely, a smooth-operator, drunk, etc. etc. I think many women and men have these same reasons but do not cheat. There has to be a character flaw in the cheaters that make them think that it is OK to cheat for these reasons. I don't buy that they really love their partner or their families. If you really love someone, you would never put that relationship in danger.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I'd say a cheater is born a cheater

Though I'm sure a few do it just because they can. But a cheater is a cheater and will always be a cheater. I've yet to see an exception to the rule.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I have ot agree with xtchr

Cheaters don't actually know how to love. To love requires a significant amount of empathy as your choices and actions affect those you love so you're always considering how they'll be affected.

I personally have developed the idea that most people confuse possessiveness with love. Just because you WANT someone doesn't mean you LOVE someone. Possessiveness allows one to do whatever they want without thought for how those choices and actions will affect that person.

Tootight1Tootight1over 9 years ago
good story

liked the story, not the way it turned out. I guess, in my mind, you don't throw something away that stopped working after that long a time. you'd at least try to fix a car, or your house, or correct a mistake your child makes, or even if your the one that makes a mistake, you try to make it right. always try to address your problems, or mistakes. I think that had there been a confrontation, they would have reconciled.

she made a mistake, she knew it. he or she should have had a talk.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Here is a thought

Bill is right in cutting her out. However, he can't have loved her as well. Had he done so he would have made sure the kids kept in touch with their mother. I'm sorry but inviting the grandma and ignoring their mother is too much. It is almost the same as when a woman divorces a man and the kids side with her and cut dad out. Sorry but just the way I see it.

Please do not misunderstand me, she deserves all the shit she gets from him, but the kids have missed the entire issue and he was wrong to bring them into the fight. This is between the two of them. Not them and the kids. The grandma must have been a cheater as well to accept an invitation to Hawaii knowing that the kids had ignored the mother as well.

I am usually a member of the BTB crowd. However I just saw something similar in reality. However the mother was also going through an actual real medical issue and the husband emotionally bailed. Never cheated but stopped caring.

She was talking with a girlfriend and I guess started caring about said girlfriend. Husband used that as grounds. She went into hospital two weeks later. She found out her husband wanted to divorce her over a friendship. She saw he turned the kids against her so she stopped all treatments. Only kept with the pain killers. Had her husband served with alienation of affection suite due to turning the kids against her. She died a month later. She however got her own back. The kids found out her side as did her husband. Of her inheritance and all the money associated she made an ironclad will excluding everyone. Her grandkids got the money in trust after a DNA test. The "husband" fought it saying it should have been disclosed as marital assets but she countered with it only became known to her after divorce was started. She won. Then her friend got involved with another woman, but lived in her house. See the friend was a hospice nurse. But the damage has been done. She went to her grave alone and now the kids have turned on the father.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Well

Yes she needed punished.

But she raised her kids and loved them.

What they are doing to her is cruel. Its emotional torture when a wife leaves and turns her kids away from the father, this is the same.

Divorce her sure, but taking away your kids will kill her. Frankly am surprised the story didnt end with her suicide.

RhomanovRhomanovabout 9 years ago
****

You ever read a story that felt "wrong"?

This was one. Person A has an ill advised fling with person B. For this they, their world, their family, everything touching them in a positive fashion is destroyed.

Nuclear response to a skirmish. A case where I disliked all of the characters but disliked the wife the least.

If that was the intent of this tale, you did it well.

AmbivalenceAmbivalencealmost 9 years ago
If it weren't for some of her thoughts/comments, I might agree he went extreme...

The way we got information from her, she didn't feel guilty really about cheating... and it seemed that if her paramour had been better, she'd have still been at it. I also seem to recall her having a thought about doing it again sometime in the future...

The kids on the other hand... nearly eighteen years of her being a good mother, doing all of the housewife stuff... and because she has a VERY short affair, her kids dump her completely, and in her daughter's case, viciously. Where does he get off not pointing out to them how much she'd done for them. Telling me her kids were angels their whole life? I guess she should have thrown them out the first time they did something real bad.

Also a bit confused. The daughter comments to her father about how all kinds of her friends know her mom is having sex with this guy. And yet they've only engaged in one blowjob and one instance of sex...? What, did they do the blowjob in the middle of the store...? That seems like a crock to me...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
What is right?

This is a convoluted story. There is no right answer to it. Several of the points made why didn't he stop it when he first knew of the problem, and allowing the children (note they do not have life experiences, to deal with the problems or other adult issues. However, the premises and story does follow conclusions on how certain individuals would behave. I have difficulty that children of any age would throw the mother out. Remember, traditionally mothers are the children' life support during their young lives arguing that the children would radically go against the mother is difficult to believe

rightbankrightbankabout 8 years ago
good set up

excellent follow through

but the next door neighbour was not needed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Yes, the story feels wrong.

The wife has a stupid fling, the husband has inappropriate conversations with his children about her dalliance and instead of confronting her he's a complete and utter coward who lies himself and sneaks off and threatens to expose her affair unless she agrees to his blackmail for a trivial divorce settlement. He's not a hero. He is the biggest asshole in the story, and yes I am a man and not a wimp. If he wants out fine, but be a man and confront her. Don't talk to your children about it and don't be a pussy and sneak off like the loser this character is.

Tootight1Tootight1almost 8 years ago
loved it

Actually sounds realistic to some extent. I don't like cheaters on either side of the fence, but this story had some serious issues. The idea of beating up a 35 year old who is slow in the head, was too far over the edge for me. the wife's perception of what happened to him, was not what Bill had done. I know some guys that would have reacted as Bill did, but still think he was over the top, with his reaction to his wife. Yes she cheated, and yes even after she did it she realized it was wrong, but what she also told herself earlier was that she could do it again. So yes she was fucked up. It wasn't till after everything went down that she realized and stated that Bill really did love her. The reason I have difficulty with what he did is because, after spending years together and raising kids, there is a lot more of an emotional bond, than he reflected in his actions. Bill knew the kid was no threat to him, and realized it too, but he had already set the wheels in motion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
To Anonymous 04/09/16.... You're wrong.... You bleeding hearts usually are.

He knew that his 'kids' weren't kids anymore.... and, knowing what they were going to have to deal with, he told them what she'd done and gave them a heads-up to what was about to happen.

He knew that she'd been cheating on him but when he saw the video of her giving her boyfriend a blow job, he knew the next step and video would be of him fucking her. After seeing her give him a blow job, their marriage was ended ... PERIOD. It didn't matter WHY she'd betrayed her vows... only that she HAD. At that point, the LAST thing he wanted to hear was her voice giving explanations/excuses or pleading for a second chance. He'd already been gutted and wasn't about to let himself be subjected to useless bullshit that couldn't undo what she'd done or change what was going to happen.

He gave her one last day of family time to remember for the rest of her life before he dropped the anvil and left with no intention of ever seeing her or speaking to her again.

What's so 'manly' about verbally beating her up and then standing there and listening to worthless apologies that you're never going to accept or a bunch of stupid bullshit excuses and dismissals of serious wrong doing that will only make you more infuriated?

He did the MANLY thing... He took no prisoners and CRUSHED a thankless slut who would have grown more skillful at not getting caught fucking other men.

bachgenbachdrwgbachgenbachdrwgover 7 years ago
To anon 13/08/16

There is nothing "manly" about poisoning the children of a marriage whilst claiming that their mother still loves them and that they have to respect her. The lead male character was nothing more than a petulant little boy who'd had his toys taken away and decided to stamp his feet. Given the nature of the "affair", which he had full knowledge of from having his wife investigated, he could easily have nipped it in the bud and actually sat down with his wife to discuss how they moved forward. That is the mature adult way of dealing with marital issues.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
LOVE THE COMMENTS

She-it man! Peoples take your thumb and index finger off your peanut, open your eyes ! THIS IS LITEROTICA EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED IT'S FICTION! FUUUUUCK MEE MAN ! You remind me of the dirty old guy who exposed himself to a bunch of girls! Have a good look at the comments you wrote! Get a fucken life! Story is Fantastic loved it! Love you all! GREG. OH 100 % OF READING ENJOYMENT BYE.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous