All Comments on 'Logan and Lauren Ch. 06'

by Bizzy_Bish

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
got2luvmelgot2luvmelover 12 years ago
IDC

how much I was in love with Logan, no man will/would EVER man-handle me like he did Lauren and get away with it. Regardless of the fact that she loves him, she should have punched the shit out of him.

I DID however love how she talked with her brother and it gave her the confidence she needed to get up and make a change. Love the fact that she got a makeover, though I love her either way, and that she has this IDGAF attitude again. I've always loved a chick with her head on straight, thanks for bringing strong independent Lauren back!

I almost died LMAO when she gave Vanessa some smack "That's okay...your boyfriend is." LOL

Tristan sounds delicious, hope she gives him a fair chance to sweep her off her feet and not go back to that dick Logan. He has a lot of work to do to get back in my good graces after what he did...and calling her a slut? I'm still seeing red! Yes, I realize that he's hurt and she'll most likely go back to him because of it, but I'm hoping she has more sensibilities than to cave simply because of unfortunate circumstances.

Great update, looking forward t the next -Mel

Yasz1221Yasz1221over 12 years ago
Questions for Bizzy Bish

Just a couple of questions I would like answered Bizzy Bish

1. What made Logan go off like that?

2. I thought they were with each other for convenience..she wants to be popular, he needed to pass..when did they start dating for real?

3. What's up with Tristan. Is he going to be her rebound, a secret jackass who's only using her because he doesn't like Logan or will he be legite?

4.Lauren said she loved him..I just have to say I'm skeptical of that because she sure managed to move on fast. Regardless of what he said you can't turn love on and off like a light switch so what's up with that?

If you could answer these questions that would be nice..the story is good by the way :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

I don't like how tacky and shallow Lauren became.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Guys are guys...

and it really seems shallow that Lauren's character should think that she is automatically off black guys (or any other race of guys) just because she dated one white guy and liked it. While these pages of the site present stories of interracial relationships, there is no reason to put down a whole race of men. I've noticed some writers have a tendency to do this - sometimes subtly, sometimes blatantly. Maybe that's just how her character is for this story, but if so her character, again, is very shallow. There will be great guys and not so great guys of all races, colors, shapes, sizes, and so forth. There's no one and only one race of great guys.

I have to agree with another comment that, even though she eventually puts him off, she seemed a little too ready to hook up with Tristan's character, after she and Logan's argument.

On the other hand, I too have a problem with a guy who thinks it's okay to man-handle a woman or call her a slut for no reason - no matter how hurt he is. Logan's character would have some serious 'splaining' to do. That said, what got him so riled up anyway??? From his over-urgent texts and his statement that he 'needs' her, it could be that he has some control/anger/co-dependency issues resulting from violence in his home maybe - or perhaps it was just the result of the Vanessa character leaving a meddling note for him like she did with Lauren... Hope we get some explanation for his outburst.

Bizzy_BishBizzy_Bishover 12 years agoAuthor
Readers:

Mel- I agree with you: a man should never man-handle a woman, but it is in the storyline for Logan to behave the way he did.Your feedback is definitely influencing future chapters. Thank you!

Yasz-1. Read on and you'll get an explanation, I promise.

2.Shit happens, lol

3.Read on and you'll see!

4.Lauren is hurt, she is doing her best to keep herself feeling okay and showing Logan that even though she loves him, he didn't break her.Tristan is a sweetie and not gonna lie, she wants to make Logan jealous.

Anonymous- Lauren is not tacky or shallow, she's simply doing what she feels fit to deal with Logan being a jackass. A change of clothes and makeup does not change the person, just the appearance.

Anonymous #2- I am not attracted to black guys whatsoever. I think they make great relatives and friends, but not sexually it at all... The same way they can 'prefer' white girls, Lauren and I should be able to 'prefer' white men. Call us shallow, we just know what we like! I promise you'll get an explanation for EVERYTHING just not at the moment, still writing. Again, she is not overeager to hook up with Tristan, he's just a really good guy, she's hurt, and at the same time she wants to make Logan jealous.

THANK YOU GUYS FOR READING AND COMMENTING! I'M GLAD YOU GAVE FEEDBACK... I NEEDED IT!

kelleigh0127kelleigh0127over 12 years ago
An agreement

I don't think Lauren is suddenly shallow either. Has anyone ever had someone they love break their hearts and just didn't want to make it seem like He was their all and all? Well I have and started talking to another guy while I was still crying over my ex. Has anyone ever had a boyfriend with some jealousy issues? I agree he shouldn't have grabbed her like that but there are times that love is on that borderline of mental. Anyway no one ever knows what someone put in his ear cause remember she did get that note in her locker just the other day.

Yasz1221Yasz1221over 12 years ago
Thanks!

Well thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. Also I agree with you, why is it that black men can prefer women of different races but black women can't..that's BS to the extreme.

Bizzy_BishBizzy_Bishover 12 years agoAuthor
No Problem

My readers mean alot to me so I try to reply when I get a chance. Thanks for reading!

-Bizzy

got2luvmelgot2luvmelover 12 years ago
Thanks!

for the response Bizzy, and I couldn't agree more with you on the 'preference' statement you made. I didn't see the thought process Lauren had about wanting to be with white guys now as her 'putting down an entire race' (black guys). We all like what we like, nothing is wrong with her deciding she prefers white guys after she's been with Logan. If it were an issue of never wanting to be with a certain race because 1 single guy did her wrong, then wouldn't Lauren have said she'd never date a white guy again seeing as a white guy was the one who broke her heart?

I also agree with kelleigh0127 on her comment as well. I too don't think Lauren became tacky or shallow. Her initial purpose for the makeover was to show Logan that she didn't need him and could be just as desirous with or without him. Nothing about trying to impress a guy while simultaneously making him jealous in the 'move on' process is shallow. Tacky? Maybe because of the way she's gone about it (we are dealing with high school students here). Shallow? Not so much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Double Standards

Why is ok for men to voice their preference but not ,specifically, black women? So tired of the BS. I have a preference for Hispanic, Caucasian, and Asian men. I am attracted to some black guys, but it's rare. I want that Jesse dude on Grey's something terrible and every time I hear Maxwell sing he could have whatever he wanted. However, these same guys I just listed might have never touched a black woman in their life and that's ok, but not for a black woman.

I don't find Lauren shallow. I think she is just fighting fire with fire. Logan is used to breaking hearts and moving on. Lauren is not going to be his play thing and he won't be calling all the shots. She needs to set up this relationship the way they intend to go on. It's unfortunate he got hurt, but it doesn't mean she needs to rush to his side and apologize. He hurt her, called her some horrible names, and then broke her heart. Maybe some time chilling out in the hospital will help him get his priorities straight.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
thats what he gets

keep them coming please!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Rgdg. double standards

First, I like the story so far, but I will comment every now and then about things in a story - even when it's on a site that is really just for fun and presenting sex filled fantasy stories. I also think it's great that there is a section on this site that encourages stories regarding interracial relationships.

Now, to all those who responded regarding my statement about Lauren's putting off a whole race of men by her comment - well, basically, she did:

"Logan totally ruined any black guy's chances with me, that's for damn sure."

That said, I am an adamant believer in the statement "The heart wants what the heart wants." At the same time I am just as adamantly opposed to generalized, and yes shallow, statements like Lauren's when it comes to human beings - no matter who utters them, male or female, black, white, or other. I think that kind of thinking is what leads to prejudice - and has lead to many of the prejudices we've had to deal with throughout history. I absolutely do not believe in double-standards and I don't believe I stated or even implied such.

I may have been too harsh in regards to stating my agreement that I thought Lauren's behavior in handling the outburst with Logan was shallow. Yes, they are high-school students and not much more may be expected of people that young. Two points I will make regarding my comments regarding that are:

1) Extremely few actual high-school students (in the real world) relate to each other and have the sort of sophisticated, sexually charged conversations that the students in these stories (or televised shows featuring high school students) do. So, in truth, this has more to do with entertaining adults than perpetuating the reality of high school life - though there are some very good stories on this site that do just that.

2) Also, I was one of those youngsters, from around the age of ten, who was many years older in my thinking than those my age. Not so much sexually mature, but generally so. I read far above my age level and conversed with older people as well as younger. In Lauren's same situation I would have been angry initially at Logan's behavior, but would have told him, at some point, that when he came around, he needed to explain his outburst because I had no clue of what was going on. While wanting to look nicer is fine, I would have wanted Logan to like me for me. If he didn't, no matter how much I hurt, I would end it with if he didn’t with the knowledge that there were other males out there who would like me for who I am.

Finally, in regards to Logan, with there being no explanation given for it, I still think his text messaging and outburst was overly intense and excessive - but that adds a level of suspense to the story because I’m waiting to find out why. I also did point out that he may have received some meddling note just as Lauren had, or that something else outside of school might be going on that caused him to behave so badly. As the author has confirmed, there is more coming to explain his behavior. I'm looking forward to reading more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO LOGANS BLACK NOW??????????????? IN THE FIRST CHPT. IT WAS LAUREN WHO WAS BLACK!WTF MAN STICK WITH YOUR COLORS

AzaliaAzaliaalmost 12 years ago
Wtf is the comment below mine talking about?

Logan isn't black, she's just saying that because of him, she now has a reference for white guys >.>

Bizzy_BishBizzy_Bishalmost 12 years agoAuthor
I dunno...

Maybe she was talking about when Lauren was saying that 'Logan ruined any black guy's chances with her'.... A simple misunderstanding...

-Bizzy

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
WTF was that?

First Logan breaking up with her because she didn't reply his text messages: this is beyond stupid, even for high schooler. Secondly: what is it about the comment about "black guys"? I understand that this is an interratial romance, and am ok with that. But to have the female black character utter such non sense is just annoying as hell. It has nothing to do with the fact that she likes white guys, to each its own. Although it was my understanding that she didn't had much dating experience befoire Logan, so how can she really make any "comparison". But really, the generalization is just stupid: there is no such things as "white guys" as a whole who would be all hansome and "black guys" who would be ugly or less charming. It such an ignorant and prejudiced thing to say. She just lost major major cool point with that shit. Like pretyy woman Julia Roberts would say "big; huge mistake"!

black_maestrablack_maestraover 9 years ago
Agree and disagree

I totally agree with Got2luvmel and Kelleigh. I completely got the reasons for Lauren's thinking and actions. Yeah she could have kept dressing the way she did before Logan, but she was making a statement... which was "Fuck You Logan, I have moved on," per the "Single" shirt. Lol.

Now about the "... ruined Black guys for her." There are many Black woman that feel that way, just as there are many men (any race) and women (non-Black) that feel that too about stating their preferences.

I have colleagues, associates, family friends that feel they are "ruined from dating Black men." This being said, I have a great relationship with my dad, cousins, uncles, and Black male friends... but from my personal experience, I will never date a Black man again. I am happily married to my White European husband.

This is not to take away from Black men in general, but MY experiences with Black men could never outshine what my husband does for me. Take it how you want it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous