Longwood Second Hunt Day 03-04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
emap
emap
238 Followers

"Dan, we need coats for everyone." He looks over at me and shrugs, he got the store man first.

"We got and the marshals brought, not sure on everyone else." I sigh and look at Chun, who shakes her head while Bia comes over with a shirt.

"I not bring money and only used blanket before whoring." I grab her arm and march us both over to Dan.

"Chun did not bring or does not own, Bia has only ever used blanket. I think Bipin and Elan do not have coats." Bia shakes her head so we all look at Cucaracha.

"Sergeant and I brought winter gear. We get assigned it after training and part of training is to always have it when it gets toward winter." We all look at the store man who is beaming.

"I can produce four coats, they will be roomy for the gals." I think we all shrug so he runs off into the back.

"You get the feeling this town isn't doing as well as it looks." I look at Chun and shrug, then notice she has a shirt in her hands.

"Did nobody prepare for winter coming on hunt?" Chun glares at me.

"I don't have much, gave my coat to mom because we only have one. Never seemed worth to get new since in the winter we just stay in the saloon." Not much to say to that, then Elan comes in with packages of deer.

"Dan he will pay for deer meat?" Dan nods then the store man comes back with four coats.

"I can't pay much but enough to cover licorice and carrots. Also you are in luck, the licorice is not sweet here so I'm giving you extra. Not many want to buy it so I was faced with eating most of it." I can't help it I'm beaming at him then notice the coats.

The coats are thick and long, much better than mine. I have a coat that I can't cover my pistols with. Fine for when getting into shootout. The rest of the time though my legs are cold with the gaps in the leather on the outside. I look up at Dan with my eager face and he looks after a moment and rolls his eyes.

"I thought you liked the coat you have."

"Coat powerful good in shootout, rest of time legs cold." Dan rolls his eyes then signals for one more.

"Do you not think our man will head toward Texas or farther?" I shrug at that while the store man disappears in back again.

"May, though good portion of Texas just as cold. Chances are good not, ranger is seen as powerful good lawman." Noticing Cucaracha right there with no holster for rifle I nudge him. "No holster?"

"Dan has been keeping him busy, you are helping him on that. He's got them up behind the counter." I look where he points and giggle.

"You want belt as well, for rifle bullets." Store man has come back and drops coat then looks at us.

"Which holster and is it a shotgun?"

I leave Cucaracha to that to head back over to the candy. Chun is there along with Bia both are looking at odd brown candy. Chun looks up and pulls me closer with a smile and points. It's listed as caramel and there is odd white section inside.

"You might like the caramel, they sold it in New York, not sweet except for white."

Feeling my pockets I find I have more dollar coins so smile. We shall get some of the caramel as well, besides Chun wants it. She didn't seem to bring any money with her same as Bia. After spell Dan comes over and wraps me up in arms while we speak to store man on the candy. He won't part with more than a pound of the caramel, seems town likes too. He does share paper with address for Andrew to order it at least. Dan pockets that and let's me pay, perhaps he is running low on pennies.

More likely he ran out of coins and bills in his pocket, he brings sack of money with us. Perhaps what Bipin is outside for, protect the saddle bags and rifles. Once we finish purchasing in store, with two pounds of sugar added to carrots we exit. I'm giving pinto a licorice, he was powerful interested in me since I'm eating one as we leave, when the marshals come over. They share bad news, no lunch we are to ride after gang.

Honest I'd prefer shooting marshal then eating lunch. Instead we get up on horses and take off after. We don't even use path that see use still, they took off at different angle. I'm pretty sure they will head to path, the one I point out in town. Instead we go after trail, shadows are starting to elongate when we reach split. Each horse went in a different direction, Elan and I hop down and look over trails. I find heaviest horse then hop up and follow it, presently everyone else follows.

"How do you know this is the right way?" I wink at marshal then point at Dan.

"This is the right one because heaviest horse. Gangs are predictable, if they split up one man has the money. They all end up going where he goes so we just find the heaviest horse and follow that one." I put hand up before anyone says anything.

"They do not stop to hand out for everyone because if posse follows they may lose some. Better to split up then get together later to hand out share. Usually gang not stay apart long, they wish to lose posse but no trust." Elan off to the side puts his hand up.

"Have track of one horse moving in to trail."

"They seem to be headed for the road, how long are we following the tracks?" I look up and do see path in distance, also see what looks to be camp site.

"We go to campsite, likely they stopped there." I look at marshal then get a sigh and nod.

"They came in the afternoon and rode off at a gallop. Wasn't long after night fell and no chance of chasing."

"How long ago?" Dan asks for me though I have suspicion.

"Two days." We are closing, though I'd prefer to be farther back.

"Janet for a long hunt we might need to move back east." I guess there was a sigh out of me.

"Perhaps have marshals go back to Kansas City with message of not get us until two weeks pass." Chun snorts though Bipin is grinning.

"Good plan, chief say I am to always accompany you on hunts." I look at Bipin then at Dan, he snorts and shakes his head.

"I'm not sure I like that, if no other way for blooding perhaps should take two unblooded next time." Bipin snorts and shakes his head.

"Can't, always send blooded with to make sure new warrior return. Janet not qualify, she is not Apache."

"Better." Bipin and Elan snort then point fingers at me.

"Not better, just not Apache." I stick my tongue out at them getting chuckles.

"Ach we did not do beans this morn." I look at sergeant and grin.

"Jerky stew, you have jerky, we have carrots." Chun looks up.

"We have taters still, be a bit on eating though."

"I think it's high time sergeant share his biscuits as well." Sergeant groans and shakes his head.

"Sergeant you will share, I not like whiskey." He sighs then points at Bipin and Elan.

"Honest, my orders are to shoot them if they get into whiskey." I look at Dan, he shrugs so I point at sergeant.

"They will not have biscuits." Cucaracha snorts.

"Doesn't matter, cooked whiskey doesn't have much alcohol to it." We all stare at him a spell.

"How do you know this?" Sergeant asks, isn't that the oddest turn.

"There has been research, besides cooking with wine or whiskey is done to add the flavor."

"They can try one then, I still not want."

Sergeant sighs then shrugs and we continue on to the campsite. The sun is just starting to touch the edge of the world when we reach it. Chun and sergeant get to work on getting the fire up with the spit to make stew. The rest of us get to work on pulling our things off the horses then rubbing them down. Chun still gets out of rubbing her horse down, sergeant though does get up to rub his horse. Finally we get the horses rubbed down, hobbled, and grazing then sit around the fire.

"Chun why are we not eating like your parents make?" Chun looks at me and sighs.

"I'm not that good at it, I know how, but it's never been something I needed to do. I only know how because a Chinese husband would want." Dan nudges me.

"Rice is rather expensive, her parents are charging up to ten cents a plate because of that." I look at Dan then back to Chun to get a nod.

"At least one man a month goes straight to my parents to afford the rice. Mom had to change what she adds to the vittles because of the difficulty in getting some plants. The canned helps but it hasn't reached China quite yet." Dan snorts and shakes his head.

"I'm quite sure it has, they just aren't exporting it enough for your folks to get it." Chun shrugs at that.

"Hard to say, the rice we get from New York. San Francisco is said to get most of the imports from China but it seems we need to go there to see what is on offer."

"Then you should head there." I think we all look at Dan, Chun sighs and shakes her head.

"My parents started out there and moved to New York. It wasn't the safest of places when they left, can only be getting worse." Dan nudges me and winks.

"Then take Janet with you." Chun frowns and shakes her head.

"That's just it, women there are not exactly common, same with New York unless you look outside Chinese. While Janet can defend us both quite well pistols are common, we do get attacked by round eyes as Janet calls them." Honest I think it sounds like a better idea now so smile at Dan to get a frown.

"Janet hush, we don't need you hating Chinese." Some chuckles at that, I'm not happy so elbow Dan.

"I only hated McCalbane, he's dead now. I have a beautiful son from a round eye and married the father of my second son."

Dan sighs and is rubbing at his side, I guess I got him good. After a moment he pulls me closer then lays his lips to mine and I get a kiss. He lays on a powerful kiss making me forget the conversation. Likely what he wanted but so not arguing with him, my toes are a little curled.

"Sergeant we may be putting in a hotel." I didn't know this, I guess it was one of the conversations while I'm playing poker or feeding Balik.

"Dan, I thought we had enough rooms in the saloon." Dan shakes his head.

"Sally has to turn people away. We are going to put in the hotel so we have enough rooms. Lots of folks come to look at the injuns, along with sample the whores. Sally reckons if we add a hotel the third floor can house more whores and the Apache will be happier." Well that is good reckoning.

"How many Apache do you think will be needed to help?" Sergeant comes up with a question before I can think of anything.

"Hard to say, we're getting a proper hotel so a good crew will come with to build it. For that we will wait for them to arrive. Getting more gambling tables as well so likely hire a few more. Talk of adding streets to build houses. Talk of adding more deputies to go along with it, we aren't sure if we can add Apache." Sergeant sighs then shrugs.

"Not knowing either. When we get back can ask though I'm fairly sure it will be a letter sent and I'm not thinking it will be liked. Unless said deputy does not carry a revolver." I nudge Dan and wink at him.

"Give them a knife and they can walk the streets. Watch over in the saloon as well, most simply hand over their guns to Ishmael anyway."

"Fine idea, still need to ask though, remember injuns are not exactly covered by our laws."

"Unless we break them, I mind the conversation." Dan sighs and puts his arm around me, I feel better, still upset over that however.

"Just as bad for the Chinese, besides cheer up Janet, you are a deputy. Means you are a recognized member of the country."

"So I am covered in the laws?" Sergeant and Cucaracha nod.

"That you are lass, you even married Dan as recognized by the government. Means you are protected by our laws fully. Chun would be if she married a bloke, though I don't reckon most would own to the fact right off." Chun rolls her eyes then pokes sergeant.

"You are already married." He snorts and shakes his head.

"Ach lass I wasn't thinking of me, you been spending time curled up with the marshals."

"Trying to stay pregnant this time. My folks want a grandchild and Amanda wants a babe, she can't come out from the kitchen to try." I grin at that.

"When we get back I'll help Isaac and she can." Dan groans and shakes his head until I poke him. "Isaac would do the cooking, I'd only help him do it."

"What is wrong with Janet's cooking?" Bipin asks earning him a smile from me, Dan sighs and shakes his head.

"Not a thing, she just doesn't make any sweet. Her cornbread tastes like bread." Well that is wrong so I swat Dan.

"It tastes like good cornbread, you just like sweet." Dan sighs then swats me.

Well there's only one good response to that, I turn in to him and pounce. In no time we are rolling around a little poking and pinching each other. I'm not sure which of us is laughing first, though I know sergeant beats us both. We do stop presently, vittles are done and I'm hungry. I get handed a full bowl so I'm smiling, Dan is doing the same next to me. I notice he has a fuller bowl so I groan and have to call him on it.

"Dan if you start to look like Mr. Johnson you aren't getting rolls." Dan looks at me a moment then rolls his eyes.

"You gave a roll to Mr. Johnson." That pulls a groan out of me, Chun is giggling though Bia looks curious.

"What is wrong with giving him a roll?" I shake my head.

"He's heavy and I wasn't getting roll that day from the round eyes. I had to bend over for him to not risk Balik." Dan snorts.

"You always just bent over for me for three months." I just glare at Dan a spell.

"Dan, you are heavy and Mr. Johnson told me to. As he put it best to just bend over or not give out roll. I not like but need was high enough to do."

"You wanted more while you carry Balik?" I nod and wink at Bia.

"Dan was only once day for then and I like more." Dan snorts.

"Much improved over when I met you." I look up at Dan then elbow him.

"Had powerful need and you helped as often as could. I mind you didn't find it hardship."

"It did make it hard to track our bounties though." I just glare at Dan.

"We always caught fast and sure. I'm of a mind to not give out roll tonight." Dan sighs then scoots over a little.

"Ach, I've not seen that afore." I look around and everybody is gawking at me, besides Dan he's eating stew.

I roll my eyes then go back to my stew. It's a good stew, got bits of tater, deer, jerky, and carrot inside. Also some corn so I'm quite happy, rather like stew we had when I was a babe.

"Janet I'm curious, how does one track an injun?" I just look at Cucaracha a spell then sigh, he's serious.

"Pray they have horses with shoe. Shoe always leave track to follow."

"What if they drag a hide behind?" Elan snorts so I look at him, he shrugs then nods.

"Might as well share it, buffalo are hard to find and only good drag hide." I think about that then shake my head.

"Blanket weighted with hide, should get close."

"Can you tell the difference?" I look at Cucaracha and sigh.

"If blanket weighted too much yes, would create gouge. Buffalo hide can, depends on speed. How to tell is simple, get down to track, best on horse shoe, and blow. Remove dirt then can look for scratches. If scratches there is drag and fresh, if scratches are rounded old trail with drag. Follow anyway, we like to use same places."

"Why?" This from a marshal.

"We prefer to stay hidden and have look at approach. Only so many places offer both."

"How can I tell the difference between a false trail and the true trail?" I shake my head.

"You wish war tribe, only full tribe use false. War tribe will hook teepee up to horse and go, if they have. War tribe are just that, to make war, not matter if can track, they go place make war then return. Cochise not do this but still holds to old way otherwise." Elan nods.

"Couple of the men at the reservation were part of his war tribes. Because of Mexican bounty on scalps the war tribes keep going around to get the attention to leave the full tribes alone."

"Ach those two have sad state, we aren't to allow them off reservation." Bipin snorts and shakes his head.

"They like it better here, no chance of returning to war tribe." Sergeant nods then shrugs.

"Orders we have, most of us are not like but what we have."

We fall silent after that, not really anything else to say. That is a powerful bad thing to have, but we can't change it. Finished with my stew I hand the bowl to Dan and get a second. He gives me too much so I eat what I want, then pour what is left in his bowl. Dan nudges me and chuckles.

"Look at that, you complain I eat to much then you give me more stew." I can't help giggling.

"You gave me too much, I'm not you and not carry baby." Dan sighs then puts his arm around me.

"Too much is from Chun, wanted to empty pot I reckon. The babe will come on it's time."

"Dan you said you won't go to my religion, but here you are quoting it." Dan stares at me a moment then shakes his head.

"I am not." I grin then turn his nose.

"Made you think you did though."

Dan sighs and turns my nose while Bipin and Elan are chuckling. Shortly after we get up and head for our bedroll. Decidedly cooler tonight so I'm shivering a might before I'm bereft of shirt and pants. Dan seems to be in the same fix because he strips down fast and gets under the blanket. Well he didn't help me so I kick him, gets Dan to chuckle then grabs my pants. He helps now, makes it easier to get out of the pants, though powerful tough to stay up.

After the pants are gone I fall on Dan and poke him in the nose. Then get under the covers because it's powerful cold now. I just snuggle right up to my husband and stay there, both shivering a might. At least we get better quick, though Dan doesn't pull me atop to help with warm. I guess he remembers what I say about the roll tonight. I'd reconsider but he complained about us doing rolls so he's not getting. A smell on the wind alerts me to it so poke Dan.

"Dan smell, I think we get snow." Dan sniffs a time or three and sighs.

"Yeah, we are getting snow. Is that going to give us problems?" I shake my head.

"Mohawk don't know old way I reckon, we will track them just as well, but need to let snow fall to do it. May be hard for a spell, at least smells like small snow."

Feeling a bit of cold behind I roll over and grab up my leather to lay along the edge of the blanket. That done I pull my belt and put it past Dan. Dan nudges me and makes me get his belt when I turn back, my belt is under the blanket. His belt goes under the blanket as Bia and Chun begin enjoying their rolls. Their sounds of enjoyment fill the air as I snuggle up with my husband. Roll or not I love him, and perhaps I am getting better, not a powerful need to have him inside.

emap
emap
238 Followers