Love Conquers All Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Nakushi noted how cautiously the beast handled her injuries; he appeared almost fearful of causing her any unintentional harm. She reached out for his giant stone face with her little hands and only managed to partially get a hold of his chin.

"Thank you for saving me Raku." She smiled at him and allowed her body to relax secure in the knowledge that she would be under his attentive care and drifted off to sleep.

*****

Once again she awoke in the strange cave-like room with everything made from stone. The eerie light was still the only source of illumination. This time though she didn't awake alone for sitting in a large chair beside the bed was her friend the demon. For some odd reason she didn't find him as gigantic as she usually did. She looked around the room; everything was in proportion to him and looked just as it did when she last saw him. He sat with his eyes closed so she guessed he was asleep.

The little girl swung her legs to climb off the bed and was startled by how suddenly her feet made contact with the floor. Had the bed always been that low or had her legs grown? She looked at her hands and legs- they definitely looked bigger and that also went for the soft peaks that now topped her chest. She recognised the body as her teenage self. Somehow while she was sleeping she had gone through a growth spurt!

The clothes that had loosely fit the little girl now clung immodestly to the teenager. She grabbed a few of the pelts that she had slept on and arranged them around her body to give herself a more modest appearance.

She approached the giant and loudly cleared her throat before she gently nudged him. The obsidian creature had been awake the whole time but did not wish to intrude on her privacy so he sat with his eyes closed. He didn't appear as nonplussed with her changes as she did. She straightened herself and raised a brow questioningly.

"Your body is catching up," he shrugged his shoulders as if to say he didn't know why.

None of what had happened or was happening made any kind of sense to Nakushi. Was she trapped in a dream? Had her brain regressed to a traumatic event in her past and had suffered a shock that was making her delusional now? It was odd because she felt absolutely lucid and aware of herself and her surroundings even though scientifically she knew it didn't make any sense.

"You're struggling to make sense of it in human terms, but, you can't. Because this isn't your world and it goes against the rules you've been taught to believe about your world."

He saw that she was going to need more than just words.

"Instead of trying to understand and figure all of this out on your own, let me show you around, explain things to you."

She watched his amber eyes as they gazed upon her with kind understanding. Once again their familiarity nagged at her sub-conscious but her brain refused to make the connection.

"Who are you?"

"You know who I am. You've heard the stories, and the legends."

"Bu-but how can that be true?"

He shrugged again, "It just is."

She contemplated over what he'd just told her. If what he spoke was true then that meant that they must be in...

"Is this hell?"

"Not exactly. I can see why you thought so, but no, this is not hell. Maybe it'll be easier if I first told you a story- my story."

She began to make herself comfortable on the stone bed by sitting with her legs tucked under her as she prepared to listen to his story.

"Ok, but, will you please tell me your name first?"

"I like Raku," he smiled at her. "I would rather be called that name because it is the only name I have been called in a long time with any affection."

She smiled back at him and agreed to his request.

"You're already familiar with the tales of how I came to be trapped in the temple. But that is the human side of the story. I will now tell you the truth of my origin and how I ended up where you found me.

"By human standards I would be regarded as an ancient creature, but, it is my father who is the ancient one. I am the fourth of seven sons. For many ages my rakshasa brothers and I ruled as princes in the underworld. When we banded together we were able to strike terror in the hearts of man, beast or any of the gods in heaven. We enjoyed nothing more than going around raiding, ransacking and generally wreaking havoc.

"Of all the brothers I believe I was most feared as well as most easily recognized. My unyielding manner and cruel actions set me apart just as much as my dark skin and glowing amber eyes, quite unlike my handsome brothers who bore a stronger likeness to the gods.

"Then arrived an age of great conflict and tumult in the underworld. My father, the ruler of hell, expressed his desire to choose an heir apparent to his throne. Our father's announcement led to a great deal of infighting amongst us brothers, each of whom wished to prove that he was the only one worthy enough to carry forth the legacy of hell. The younger brothers as well as the second realised after a point that they didn't stand a chance before the rest of us and simply picked to side with their favourite brother. Thus we were completely divided amongst ourselves.

"I knew that my father's favourite, his third son was certain to win just as I knew that if his choice were eliminated father would most certainly pick me to rule hell."

"In my quest for the power to singlehandedly rule hell, I realised that I would need to do more than just eliminate the competition. I would need to become an immortal. I found a way to accomplish both with one move. I conspired and eventually succeeded in killing my brother."

Raku paused in his narrative. He wished to be honest with her about the kind of demon he once was but he also didn't wish to scare her. He felt it best to leave out certain details. So, he did not tell her of the deal he made or of how he managed to steal his brother's life force and become an immortal.

"Our Father was deeply affected by the death of his favourite son. When he learnt that I was responsible he condemned me and bound me to an earthly realm... forever to be feared and despised... never to know love... no chance for redemption."

"But, what about the gods?"

"What about them?"

"What was their involvement in all of this?"

He snickered, "Contrary to what humans like to believe the gods have never interfered in the matters of hell; it is a part of the peace pact between the two realms. All they did was watch as I was banished to earth and my flesh turned to stone as punishment for my crime of fratricide."

He stopped again to watch for any signs of a change in her demeanour towards him. Perceiving no alterations he pushed on.

"I spend centuries trapped in that rock... watching the evil of man as they feared and loathed me... just as I was cursed to endure. I watched the cruelty of mankind towards their own and recognised why my father deemed me fit only for such a foul world.

"The people were ignorant about my identity and my crime. They hated and feared me just because they deemed my form ugly and frightful. I was cursed and I was defiled with their disgusting offerings in the name of the gods. I resigned myself to my state of existence... but, that's when you came into my life, little one.

"You were the first and only friend I've known. The trust you placed in me and the love you had for me quite literally gave me life."

He approached the bed, sat down on the floor and placed his large head against the bed. She moved a little closer to him, allowing him to rest his head in her lap instead, and stroked the side of his face.

"When that evil man came for you this time, I sensed his intentions and I could no longer stand to remain helpless. I cried for mercy and begged that I be released just long enough to help you."

Nakushi bolted upright.

"Does that mean you will be turned back to stone?" She worried for her friend; now that he was done helping her would he be forced back to his cursed existence?

"I don't know. I don't think my father realises as yet that I am free. But once I am found out, I know what I can expect." He added wryly, "The ruler of hell is not known for his compassionate nature."

He watched her eyes cloud with worry. Gently taking her little hand in his, he reassured her, "Do not worry little one... instead, enjoy what time we have together before it is time for me to be imprisoned again."

The girl-woman couldn't stop her eyes from welling up. She was finally growing to accept that the dear friend she was sitting with was real and not just a fantasy conjured by her lonely younger self, only to discover that this experience was doomed to be short lived. She put her arms around his neck and hugged him.

Her giant gently stroked her back in an attempt to comfort his little friend. His feelings for this human were strange and new to him but he liked it. He had a warm fuzzy feeling within his chest whenever she hugged him and sought comfort from him. He felt protective about his little human and wished he could figure out a way to always be around her taking care of her.

"So, what is this place, Raku?"

"I believe the humans refer to this place as limbo." He thought it would easier for her follow if he explained things in terms of human understanding of his world. "It isn't technically hell, although it is located in a section of hell. Prisoners are left here stuck in time while awaiting judgement."

"What do mean 'stuck in time'? I was a child when I arrived and I'm a teenager now!" She passed her hands over her body to draw attention to the changes in her.

"I said stuck in time because while we wait here nothing changes in heaven, hell or earth. If you were supernatural, you wouldn't age. But because you're a human the rules are different for you."

"So when I do return to earth and my home no time would have passed from the last moment I left it?"

"Correct."

"Will I grow old and die here if I wait too long?"

He had dreaded this question, but expected it after all she was a smart girl.

"I'm not sure... Time does not work the same way in limbo like it does everywhere else."

He hoped to find all the answers soon enough. As one of the princes of hell he had already possessed the ability to pass through the different realms- heaven, hell, earth and even limbo which one usually couldn't leave till it time for their judgement. He intended to contact some of the older demons who would most likely be able to answer his questions as well as offer him a solution for his predicament.

"Can we move about or must we stay in this room?"

"People in limbo cannot leave till judgement is made. However I am not a person. So I can leave. And you are not awaiting judgement here so you may also leave..."

Something about the way he trailed off told her that there was more to the matter of her movement. She used both hands to cup his chin.

"What are you not telling me?"

"You can leave, but, this is hell and you are a human who isn't condemned to be here. I brought you with me, but staying here is your choice..."

"And I am happy to stay here with you, Raku." She interrupted him.

"And I'm equally pleased to have you with me, little one. But, you need to understand that as you are you would be greatly desired in hell. When they learn of your existence in hell, many demons will want to hunt you down. Some will want to devour you as a tasty morsel; others will keep you as their plaything till they grow tired of you."

"But I have you to protect me, right?" She looked at him with bright eyed confidence.

"Of course little one! I just need you to understand the perils that face you here."

"I am not afraid." She said with her chin held high.

"No, you've always been brave. I watched you and admired your spirit. I am glad that you never let anyone break your spirit."

She looked at the wounds on her body already beginning to look like old scars. The salve he had applied had worked wonderfully it appeared. By now her body was beginning to grow stiff from a lack of movement so she got off the bed to move around.

"What is the source of this light? It appears to come from below." She asked him. She wished to have a better understanding of his world.

"Everything in our world is illuminated by the fires of hell. You will find this glow throughout, day or night- another reason why time becomes difficult to track."

"Why did my hands burn when I touched the walls?"

"Well, that's just a way of making sure that the ones who find themselves here remain stuck in limbo till it is time for their sentencing."

She saw a bowl on the table with pomegranates, something struck her as odd and she furrowed her brow in thought.

"What is it?"

"Um... I was just wondering. I don't know how long I've been here, but it's weird that in all this time I haven't felt hungry or thirsty yet."

"And you're not going to. This is another one of those peculiar things about this place. You will not feel hungry or thirsty because you do not belong to this realm. However, without any sustenance over time your body will wither..."

"But I see there's food here," she interrupted thinking he was done, "I can get nourishment from this." She reached for the fruit in the bowl and barely picked it before the demon swiftly snatched it from her hands.

"You CANNOT eat the food here." His voice thundered.

He noticed that he had frightened her so he calmed his tone before speaking again.

"Little one, I was getting around to telling you that you must not eat the food here if you ever wish to return to earth. Eat anything from this world and you will be bound to it for the rest of your life."

She seemed less afraid after his explanation, although still a little shaken up.

"I am sorry for shouting at you like that. I'm on borrowed time and I know what is to become of me once my father hears of my escape... I fear for you when I think of what could happen, should you ever find yourself stuck in hell with no one to protect you."

"I understand." she nodded, "So, what am I to eat if I am not to perish from starvation?"

"I managed to grab some nuts and berries from the temple before I brought you here. They should suffice for the short time we have. Or I could take you back before you run out..."

She placed her hands on his mouth to hush him.

"No Raku. I will not be separated from you." she stated defiantly, "Not if it can be helped."

He kissed the hand pressed against her mouth and nodded his acquiescence.

"It pleases me so much, little one, to know that you want to be with me just as I with you."

The odd pair walked about the room as Nakushi went on to narrate the life she had lived away from the temple. He laughed when she told him that she questioned her sanity for believing that any of the things taking place were real. Every time she looked into her rakshasa's eyes she knew that even if the rest was a fantasy, he was real.

She was enjoying her talk with him so much that she didn't realise how tired she was till he asked her if she needed to rest. Nodding she moved to lie down on the stone bed.

"Will you hold me?"

The bed was large enough to accommodate him as well so carefully he climbed into bed beside her and held her as gently as he could with his giant arms while she drifted off to sleep. As an immortal he didn't need sleep or rest but it felt good to hold his little human against him.

Not so little anymore. He sighed and told himself. It was something he was trying very hard not to pay attention to.

*****

This time when the human awoke there was no way to overlook the changes her body had undergone while she was asleep. The erratic sound of the demon's breathing told her that he too was aware of the changes in her. She was acutely aware of her near naked condition, especially with him lying next to her with his erection pressed against her buttocks. They were in exactly the same position as when she fell asleep so knew he wasn't doing it deliberately.

The creature had watched the changes in her body while she was asleep. Her bosom swelled and the clothing she had on, already strained after her first growth spurt, burst at the seams, so that the sides of her breasts lay exposed. He closed his eyes to resist the urge to watch her. He felt her hips spread wider and her buttocks grow so that now their softness pushed into him, making him grow harder in the process.

He was struggling to maintain his composure around his little human and it didn't help that he could smell her scent of arousal as she wriggled against his erection. He closed his eyes tighter still and took a deep breath only to draw in more of her arousal. In his past life he would have thoughtlessly ravished her and taken his pleasure instead of tormenting himself like he was. But he couldn't hurt her; she was his little human, his friend. No, he thought, he would never betray her trust in him.

The human felt her flesh get scorched by the heat arising from the demon. She knew she needed to get out of the bed before things became more awkward between them.

"Erm... Raku?"

"Yes, little one." He struggled to keep the lust out of his voice.

"I need to get up but I need clothes first." She spoke shyly.

He didn't want to move from the convenient position of having his phallus nestled against her lush bottom but rolled away, got out of the bed and returned almost immediately with a section of linen.

"No one wears clothes here." He explained as he handed her the cloth.

She couldn't help but stare. Had he always been naked? It couldn't be, she thought, she would've noticed. It was hard not to. And yet the innocence of her childhood version had prevented her from paying any attention to the demon's nudity before. The demon watched his human admire his member; it made him desire her even more. But he was determined not to ruin their relationship with his beastly lust.

Nakushi meekly took the fabric and draped it around her hips like a skirt and used one of the animal skins as a belt to secure it in place. She combined two more pelts and wrapped it around her chest, leaving her mid-riff arms and neck bare. It felt immodest but t was better than being completely naked, she thought.

The demon on the other hand found himself in a greater state of arousal as he watched the tiny woman clad in a way that teased an onlooker to imagine what treasures lay hidden beneath. Her perky nipples pushing against the material were begging to be released and played with. He shook his head to shake the impure thoughts out.

"You should probably eat some of the nuts I brought back from earth. We've been here a while now and," his voice sounded almost choked,"you've grown a great deal."

He sat with her at the table while she feasted on a light meal of a couple of nuts.

"Aren't you going to eat, Raku?" She asked when she saw him just sitting and observing her.

"I don't feel hunger." He said out loud while thinking of his growing hunger for her. He wondered how sweet her nectar must taste- the aroma of her arousal promised a sweet taste.

"Arrghhh." He groaned aloud.

"Are you ok?" she asked innocently, unaware of the conflict raging within her demon.

He couldn't tell her about the thoughts going through his head. He needed to distract himself. Maybe, this was as good a time as any to go seek one of the elders about his future.

"Yes. I probably just need to move about a bit... There is something that I must attend to; will you be okay to stay here by yourself for some time?"

She didn't like the idea of being alone in this strange place. "Can't I come with you? I wouldn't know what to do here by myself."

He was afraid of the attention his human would draw if he took her with him but he also feared that she would grow weary of him if he kept her like a prisoner in limbo.