All Comments on 'Love in the Cross Hairs Ch. 04'

by carvohi

Sort by:
  • 58 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

That was boring as hell

ambush184ambush184about 12 years ago
what to say

Somewhere Peter needs to tell Carroll to take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut. I agree though, that was a pretty boring episode.

mcollectmcollectabout 12 years ago
Need More to make it work

Not quite up to your normally high standards. But I can't wait to find out more!

dawid1501dawid1501almost 12 years ago
Come on!

Please, please finish the story! I for one did not find it boring. I would like you to tell the end even if it takes 10 more chapters. I need to know what the end is.

LaFemmeWildcatLaFemmeWildcatalmost 12 years ago
2 weeks?

its been a month and a half now. please hurry!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Please end this series

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
JUST AS IN FORREST GUMP

A story worth spending my time to read is going to ebb and flow through emotional turmoil. This was a fine chapter. If you maintained a constant screaming high the reader would burnout. Giving the synapse a break makes for a better read.

Do continue for us when you can. I mean, a good thing needs to have a happy ending!

mallahmallahabout 11 years ago
wtf???

`You Need To Finish This Story...Why Have You Left It Hanging???

dairetodairetoover 10 years ago
um where is the rest of it?

So frustrating when a story is not finished

SkibumSkibumabout 10 years ago
???????

Please finish it! I really like the charactors and they deserve resolution!

IrfonIrfonabout 10 years ago
Bite the Bullet !!

Get your head down and PROVE that you like your two great characters...

You don't want me to send the Girls around - do you ?? :-))

EvilpandaqueenEvilpandaqueenabout 10 years ago
finish this please, we can all see you're posting new stories

Please finish this.

OnethirdOnethirdalmost 10 years ago
Ditto

I'll mirror what others have said- it is a shame to abandon such a promising story. It's your baby and you can do what you want, but many of us are disappointed that this was left hung out to dry.

xtchrxtchrover 9 years ago
What?

Your best story so far and not finished? I really got into this tale and you left everyone hanging...Oh! so cruel!

Benedict12Benedict12over 9 years ago
Author Malpractice

Are you kidding me? A four chapter story that just ends unfinished with no advance warning to the reader! I feel as if I have been callously exploited by an author who sought my attention and my emotional commitment and then forfeited his part of the contract. At a minimum you should have deleted the entire story if you had no intention of completing it. I will be very reluctant to read any more of your work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
It is easy

to bitch about not finishing, how many of you have ever written anything half as long, half as good, posted it and accepted the judgement of your readers?

I do wish, if there was a multi-part story, there could be a way for the collective judgement of the readers that the story had been abandoned to be displayed so readers might not invest in the time or emotional attachment to the story/characters.

Write what you want and can, thanks for the effort.

RgazmRgazmabout 9 years ago
name change?

Not a bad story, but just wonder how the mother's name changed halfway through this chapter (Aurora to Autumn)? A little better proofreading would help...otherwise, not too bad.

SELSTIMSELSTIMabout 9 years ago
Split Peronality Disorder

Poor Laurie, her mother is not only delusional but has split personality disorder. Autumn says Laurie was a drug and sex addict and had to be institutionalized. I wonder what Aurora's assessment of Laurie will be. Carroll thinks she's a nine year old girl. Laurie was right, her father is so rich and powerful he can manipulate anybody into a corner and squeeze them out altogether. Look what he did to carvohi. He didn't like where this story was headed so he gave carvohi writer's block and actually stopped time. Three years later his little girl is still twenty-nine, never been married or has even given birth to a child. I imagine when Carroll and Aurora/ Autumn find the right man for Laurie after getting rid of Peter and the fetus they'll allow carvohi to finish the story. I wonder if this is one of those times where fiction becomes non fiction.

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
THE FATES SAY PETEY-POO IS JUST ABOUT TO TAKE OVER

and charge up all the hills and mountains in front of him, TK U MLJ LV NV

KarenEKarenEabout 9 years ago
It's Been Three Years!

I understand writer's block, but all we really need at this point is some sort of an Epilog.

It seems pretty obvious where this is going, if you can't FINISH-finish it, just do an Epilog.

Other thoughts:

I don’t know why, now that she is pretty much recovered, he doesn’t let her explain, before something ELSE happens to cause more misunderstanding.

Well, it’s nice to know that her father has explained things, though that just makes it a little more confusing why he won’t let HER tell him. He now knows it won’t be some deep, dark secret.

.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Delete the story

If your not going to finish it, get it off the site. Feel I wasted my time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Good God!

You left it here? What a disappointment! That's unfair to your readers.

Rhsc1Rhsc1over 8 years ago
WTF?

You just blew this story off?...damn!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Dumb

Why spend that much time on a story and never finish it, that takes a sick person. Me and I am sure a lot of other people think if you have the money you should go see SOMBODY!!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Merry Christmas!

Asshole.

abdom1abdom1about 8 years ago

One of my most favorite stories. Aching for the conclusion.

glyphistglyphistalmost 8 years ago
WTF

Damn, let hanging by another unfinshed story - what a pity

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
DO NOT READ THIS STORY AS IT'S UNFINISHED!

Assuming that you're alive and kicking, I have one word for you -Asshole.

If you have a valid excuse, then, my apologies.

anubeloreanubeloreover 7 years ago
so I revisited the rest of the chapters

after reading this one, and I'm happy to say that there's essentially zero probability that any of the bullshit Laurie's parents were spouting was/is the truth. Thank goodness. But now I'm left wondering what would happen next. I think I might prefer it that way though, because some of the things that Laurie had going through her head...well, they were thoroughly modern, politically acceptable, brainless nonsense, but other than that, they were terrible. *grin* The "full and equal partner" bullshit has ruined more than its fair share of lives. Helpmeet is a good, healthy concept, though, and well in keeping with Laurie's Catholic belief system.

Equality is a word that has a nice subconscious ring to it (despite the atrocious sound of the word itself..."cellar door" it most definitely is not) but, for the most part, that's all it has. Leaving that aside, equality in marriage is one of the most insidious, malignant, idiotic, destructive concepts that Western Civilization, for all its good elements, and they are numerous, has ever foisted upon mankind. Marriage is not equal. It is a partnership, without question, but there is a head, and there is a body. The head cannot function if it tries to be the body, and the body cannot adequately perform the functions of the head. If the head mistreats, neglects, or abuses the body, the body will die, and the head will soon follow. The same in the reverse. That is the nature of marriage, healthy, joyful marriage, at least. And, keep in mind, the head cannot stand without the body, can it? Hence why a husband needs his wife to lift him up. She is his helpmeet, the support that allows him to stand. And he is her shelter, her unyielding, ever-faithful, loving rock and comfort. Is one greater than the other? No, actually. But neither are they equal. The head is the head, and the body is the body. Neither can live without the other, and neither can perform the other's function, but neither is greater than the other. They are simply different parts of the whole. On this truth, all marriages are founded. If this truth is absent, the marriage is little more than cohabitation in dress-up clothes. As a young boy in his father's business suit is not a businessman, so a marriage without this foundation is not a marriage. Of course, I'm aware that not everyone agrees with me on that, or any of these, point(s) and I've gotten more than my share of death threats for sharing my views in places like this. But I share them anyway, because I believe they are the truth, and that they are important. I would love to see how this story continues, if you should ever choose to pick it back up again. For now, an easy five stars. I'd give you more if I could.

-Anubelore :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I Will Say It

What a steaming fucking crock of shit!!! You build a story up like this one, four

freakin chapters, and then you fucking KILL it before you come up with any kind

of reasonable ending?! You're not a writer, you're a fucking hack, and you should

be banned from Literotica for life.

Oh, and have a nice fucking day.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
One Thing

Somewhere between chapters 3 and 4 Laura's mother's name changed from

Aurora to Autumn. What is up with that? Is that "writers' block" too?

zman1980zman1980over 7 years ago
Finish it

Good story, you've wrote many stories since chapter4 finish the story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I have no choice but.......

..to say I have no respect for an author who doesn't finish his story. I immediately cancelled your submission name from my favorites list. I will read no more of your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great.....but

I have to agree with the posts on saying that it would be so much better if it had been finished. Can't give it a rating till it is.

sunshinemikesunshinemikealmost 7 years ago
love the story, BUT....

Please finish and help this couple to move forward with their lives... lol

Don't keep us hanging.

Great job so far

teedeedubteedeedubalmost 7 years ago
I can see why

you never finished this story. There's really no where to go. You painted yourself into a corner. Unusual for you cv. Must have been a bad time for you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

need the rest of the storie

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Please please PLEASE...

Finish the story!!!!!!!!

Storm113Storm113over 5 years ago
Please finish!!!

Please finish this!! PLEASE!!

DogFuzzDogFuzzover 5 years ago
Disappointed

I am distressed to say this story was not up to your other good stories I have read. Way too much “fillers” in the story line which made the reader lose interest. What was the misnaming the mother in 3 chapters as Aurora and then to Autumn in chapter 4. Finally... no ending after stopping your story in April 2012 and leaving your readers hanging with NO ending. Every good author was a general story outline with a beginning, middle and ending. Glad to see your later stories were better.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Five stars....

Predicated on this oeuvre being brought to its deserved conclusion. A scrumptiously delightful girl. I hope there are some much like her walking the earth somewhere...

TSACINTSACINover 4 years ago
Disappointing

How disappointing to get drawn into a good story only to have it end uncompleted. I think if you are not going to finish your work you should take it off of the site.

Sparks59Sparks59about 4 years ago
Sad

...that you would abandon a great story. Giving this one a 1 just because it pisses me off.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Arrrgghhh!!!!

Can’t believe you didn’t finish this. Cruel. Good writer with enjoyable stories but this sucks!

Joker91472Joker91472over 3 years ago
Please finish!

You are a fantastic writer but... This isn’t the first of your stories that haven’t been completed. The thing I don’t understand is you have much newer stories posted as recent as the end of last year and yet this story is almost five years old without any sort of completion. Please take some time to go back through your stories and wrap up all the incomplete ones prior to writing any more. It’s only fair to your fans/reader to make the effort to complete them. Aside from the lack of an ending this is a fantastic story that I could easily see being carried on quite a bit further with all the characters involved.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
won't be back

I refuse to follow writers who don't finish stories.

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

It seems like the end!! Please finish!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Unfinished

Please don’t start a series that you’re not going to finish.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
know your own characters

Who the hell is Autumn?? What happened to Aurora??

pepepilotpepepilotalmost 3 years ago

Well, as many have said, the story is great and I couldn't stop, and for that effort, I give you 5 stars. Unfortunately, you didn't finish the story and for that, I give you 1 star. When I weigh the average, I come up with 2 stars. As long as it's been and it's not been finished, I don't expect you ever will. It is sad that I doubt I will read any more of your stories and the general consensus is that you don't finish stories and I hate unfinished stories. But, thank you for your effort.

BSreaderBSreaderover 2 years ago
A shame

A shame not to have the original author finish his work it was really a story to this point.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The better the story the greater the disappointment at unfinished stories.

This had the potential to be a great story but instead it should be consigned to the waste paper basket.

The insights into the minds and characters of Peter and Laurie created by the author were exceptionally good. Bringing to life real people with all their faults and failings.

There was drama, anticipation, excitement too.

It is so sad that it was all for nothing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Again, Again, Again??????

Do you ever actually finish a story, or is it your purposeful intention to creat a beautiful, romantic and loving story that has the potential to be one of the greatest literary works of a loving couple overcoming so many trails and tribulations to have and to hold everlasting love - and the. Just drop it uncompleted- Again!!!!!!

You really have a piss poor habit of duping your readers and dragging them in to the big drop off!

Get with the literary program and actually write a complete piece from beginning to END!!!!!!

Very sad and soooo disappointed- Again…..

PLEASE - MORE - SOON - A BEAUTIFUL COMPASSIONATE TENDER LOVING ENDING ❤️❤️

SW

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Don’t read this series. The four chapters were written In 2011-2012 and are all potential 5*. BUT, I give them 1* because the author leaves all the story threads hanging loose at the end of chapter 4. He closes with this empty promise:

“Of course this is not the end, but I'll tell you what it is, or was. This was roughly where I left off before Christmas. Regrettably I started to experience writer's block. You see I really like Peter and Laurie. I just can't seem to let them go. They are such a happy loving couple; ideally suited to be together. However, there will be many more twists and turns. I hope you'll stay with us. See you in two weeks!

You can vote if you want. Better still! Tell me what you think might happen”

Reminds me of a recent broken promise - two weeks to flatten the curve.

RcktScntst

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Aaaand that was 10 years ago. And based on some other comments, I better check last chapter comments before reading any of this authors other stories. Very disappointing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

1. Waste of time. Story Tag, "Mind Games" - As it happens -That's what a story without and ending is.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Although I love the characters and the plot line, those of us who rely on listening to a good story don’t want to hear Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus… every time the story changes direction!!!! An incredible story takes a drastic hit every time !! STOP adding Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus… to another incredible story.

TeggeTegge4 months ago

What might happen is you'll blow it off and never finish it. But, I'll never know because I won't bother to read you any more. Sad, it was a good story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous