Loving Silver Eyes Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'd never laugh at anything you'd say May, and you know it. So go on, tell me what happened."

"Uh... I've been having nightmares."

"Nightmares?" his voice was sharp all of a sudden. "What kind of nightmares?"

"There's this woman I see in my dreams. She always looks scared and sad and it always seems like she's begging me to help her. She always tries reaching out for me but then some people drag her away and then I wake up. Before, I couldn't hear her voice but yesterday..." I broke off. I was scared even to repeat the incident.

"What happened yesterday? You have to tell me May." I could hear concern in his voice. He hadn't laughed at me so I told him everything.

"I don't even know if it was real... I was so scared to go to sleep last night so I stayed up and went to bed in the morning. I didn't know what to do..."

"How long have you been having these dreams?"

"More than a month... I don't know what is wrong with me..."

"It's OK May, I understand. But they are just dreams and you shouldn't pay attention to them, alright?"

"I'll try not to... so what's up with you? You wanted to tell me something?"

"Nah, it can wait. You take care of yourself OK? I'll see you tomorrow."

"Umm... OK."

I sighed and hung up. Oopss... I forgot to tell him I was going out with Amy and Julie. I wouldn't be able to meet him. I picked the receiver and dialed his number.

"Hidie, could you please turn the music down?" he spoke on the other end and the sound of drum beats went down.

"I forgot to tell you; tomorrow I'm going to the movies with May and her cousin Julie. She's just had a heart break and May's kind of looking after her. So I won't be able to see you."

"Movies? Where?"

"Uh... Julie lives in Gearhart and Amy is there right now. I'm supposed to meet them at the movies there."

"Hmm... Gearhart isn't that far away. You have fun. Call me before leaving and as soon as you get there, OK?"

"Yes sir, I will. I'm not a baby Ayden." I said. I liked it when he showed his concern but still, he didn't need to know that.

"I wouldn't be able to help myself if something happened to you." He replied seriously. "So please, don't drive rashly OK?"

I wouldn't be able to live if something happened to him either.

"OK. By the way when are you going to tell me about the thing you're planning to?"

"I will, soon. I love you May, don't ever forget that." He sounded sad.

"Are you OK? Please tell me what's wrong..."

"Just tell me that you love me May and that you'll never leave me, that'll make everything OK."

"Yes, Ayden, I love you. I will never leave you, ever..."

"I'll talk to you later. You need to get your assignments done. OK?"

"OK, see ya!"

I hung up with a heavy heart. This was my fairy tale but I couldn't help feeling like a storm was brewing up and it would send my world toppling down.

* * *

"Where are you?" Amy squealed into the phone. I was a little late. My Honda was me troubles again. Mom wanted me to get a new car but this was originally dad's car and I liked it. I'd spent my childhood on its seat and it felt safe...

"I'm on my way, stop screaming OK? I'll be there in 25 minutes at the most."

"Get here on time or else... I don't want to miss the starting. Julie is a huge James Cameron fan and is really looking forward to this movie."

"OK OK... I'll be there... Hello?" great my battery had to run out right now. I thought I'd charged my phone earlier today...

I was almost there anyways. I took a short cut way Amy had shown me the last time we were here. It was kind of dark but I was some 10 minutes away. As I drove over a speed breaker, the engine coughed and shuttered to a stop. Dang! I'll have to get it to the mechanic tomorrow... I tried starting the engine but it just wouldn't.

"Common' baby, don't do this to me..." I pleaded as I turned the key again and again. Great, I'd have to walk the rest of the way. It would take at least 35 minutes by foot if I turned back and walked along the main road but through the short cut, it was only 20 minutes away. What the hell, I didn't have much time so I hurried towards the dimly lit street.

It'd just been minutes when I heard a bike pull over behind me. I really didn't give much attention to who it was until he spoke to me.

"What's the hurry baby? Let's talk for a while..." he said grabbing my arm and spinning me around.

"Let go of me." I demanded trying to pull away from his hold. I could see his friends parked further away, looking at us.

"Oh, common' I'm not that bad! Let's have some fun! I promise you'll like me if you get to know me better..." he said pulling me towards him. He smelled horrible, cheap alcohol and tobacco. He had a greasy beard and he was disgustingly fat. He was huge actually, and I felt a jolt of panic hit me. I'd never be able to free myself from him!

A phone rang somewhere in his pockets and he cursed under his breath and answered.

"Yes, your work is being done right now.... No ma'am, Reggie never fails. This little birdie will be gone before she even knows what's going on..."

Ma'am? It was a woman on the phone! Someone wanted to kill me? But why? I had no idea what to do, even if I screamed no one would hear me... and even if I got free and ran, he'd catch me for sure...

I wished Ayden was here...

"Of course ma'am, not a single soul will know of your involvement..." he continued. He sounded irritated like the person on the other end was pissing him off. His hold on my arm slacked. The zip of my hoodie was undone so I pulled my arm out, leaving the empty jacket in his hands and ran.

"Get back here!" he roared as I ran blindly but he caught me and threw me on the ground.

I screamed as my arms scraped against the rough asphalt. I skidded to a halt right in front of his bike and I could see his face due to the headlight of his bike... he was totally pissed.

I tried to sit up and winced. The scraping had caused my arms to bleed badly and it burned like hell.

"What do you want from me?" I cried silently hoping someone would get me out of here.

"Oh what would I ever want from someone like you... I'm just following orders." He replied pulling out a gun.

Ayden please help me...I prayed in desperation. Who would want to kill me? I had no idea.

"But I think it's only fair to have a little fun before I finish you..." he said leering at me. "You are a pretty thing after all... it would be a waste to kill you just like that."

He grinned as he pocketed the gun and walked towards me. I backed away, I had to do something... anything.

He grabbed me by my legs and pulled me forward. I screamed again as the already bleeding wounds got further scraped.

He held my wrists with one hand and started tugging on my jeans with the other. I struggled, screamed and kicked but in vain. He was too strong.

I shut my eyes, trying to think of a way to get free when I felt a surge of power and then the guy wasn't on top of me. I opened my eyes to see him lying a couple of feet away from me, dazed.

His friends who'd been watching till now started running towards me. I had no idea how that guy got of me and I didn't know what to do with the 5 others who were coming towards me.

"You bitch!" one of them growled and slapped me. I fell down, my skin stung, my jaw hurt and I could taste blood in my mouth. Then he took out a gun and pointed towards me. I was done for... there was no way I could survive...

I love you Ayden...I sent a silent thought, knowing he'd not hear... there was nothing more I could do.

Then I heard a growl, almost animal like. I looked up to see a man on the roof of a nearby building. Before I could think of it, he was on the ground. It was then I saw his face, it was Ayden... but it wasn't the Ayden I knew. This Ayden's eyes weren't the beautiful silver-grey. They were white... scarily white. He had his teeth bared and I could see them, I could see the fangs in his mouth.

Who the hell was that? It couldn't be my Ayden, no matter how similar they looked. No, this wasn't my Ayden, it couldn't be.

I just stood there paralyzed as he pounced on the men and all of them were lying on the ground, dead within a minute. With their screams of agony, I could hear the roar of anger that came from Ayden.... No that wasn't him, that wasn't. I couldn't get myself to believe...

During all that, Reggie stood up and aimed at Ayden with his gun. He shot at him thrice but I couldn't warn him, I was speechless. But the man was a foot up in the air as Ayden held him by his throat. The man tried to scream but it was cut off as he ripped his head off.

That did it, I couldn't stand there any longer. I backed away but I bumped against the bike that was parked there and it went down with a huge crash. Within moments, his hands were around my throat and his face was inches from mine. My heart stopped beating as I took in his appearance. His razor sharp fangs were bared out as he growled under his breath as he stared at the blood in on my face.

Did he just try to attack me?

"Ay—Ayden..." I mumbled... I couldn't find my voice anymore as my eyes filled up with tears. This wasn't the guy I fell in love with, this wasn't my Ayden.

Recognition flashed in his eyes and they darkened a shade, returning back to their original color. His fangs somehow retreated and he blinked.

"I'm so sorry May," he said removing his hands as if my skin stung him. He backed a few steps and looked at me with fear in his eyes.

What the hell was he scared about? I knew I couldn't stay there any longer. I had to get away from that place; I had to get away from him...

"May, please stay..." he whispered, I could see the pain in his eyes but I just couldn't stay.

I turned and ran away from him... I wanted to look back but I couldn't. I didn't have the courage.

I ran until I reached the main road and got into a cab. I hugged myself as unstoppable sobs broke me apart.

12