All Comments on 'Mabel'

by murphy621

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
kill your self

atleast you will have pride when you die

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
kill the guy for taking oppurtunity

of a disability and claim temporary insanity.

StangStar06StangStar06almost 13 years ago
M621

Very well written and very thought provoking, most of the time I'm a firm believer in the no cheating no matter what policy, but in this case you've raised a very interesting conundrum. As you said she really believes it's her husband. I think he should talk to the guy and give him a choice, the man is still in his right mind so he has to know that actions have consequences. so, everytime you attempt to take advantage of my wife, I'm going to bust your ass immediately afterwards, then the guy can decide whether or not it's worth it. He's obviously either equally out of his mind or a predator. it would be interesting. if he's a predator maybe he'd simply seek easier prey. if he's suffering from dementia also, then like you said neither of them really knows what's going on. Also if anything happened while she's out of her mind would'nt he be guilty of rape? He could also just tell the nursing home staff, it's their job to protect their charges against everything, that's what they're paid for. As I said a very good concept that probably needs further exploration. and a really good story. It's hard do anything in this category that hasn't been done to death. kudos

BigJohn601BigJohn601almost 13 years ago
Agree with StangStar06, this is a conundrum.....

If I was in this situation and I am getting close to being in Georgie's shoes, just what would I or anyone who loves an Alzheimer's victim to do. Well written and thought provokeing.

MendonFishersMendonFishersalmost 13 years ago
Good Story

I liked your tale even if it is sad. Stang commented that George should have "Pounded" Ira. I guess that he missed the Parkinsons in the frist paragraph. I had a friend and I watched him slowly die from it. It is not a pretty ending. The victum slowly loses control of all his muscles until he/she stops breathing. The sad part is their minds. Parkinsons leaves their mind completely intact until the end/ Where as Alzheimer's attacks the mind first leaving the sufferer in ignorance.

I watched my Aunt die of Alzheimer's. She was always the perfect host whenever we would visit her at the nursing home/ Unfortinousy she didn't have a clue who we were.

Your story brought back some sad memories for me. But I enjoyed the depth and thought you put into it.

Mendon

huedogghuedoggalmost 13 years ago
leave her in that home,

i know you'll be hurt, but move into another home and live the rest of your life. she'll be happy and in the end the end the guy will get his.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Great story.Very thought-provoking. Sadly, it happens often.

My neighbor thought my wife was his deceased wife, and would bring her flowers, and hug her. He would sit on our patio and wait for us to come out. This went on for a year, until he crashed his car and was sent to an assisted living home.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
just another cockold

old or young

bruce22bruce22almost 13 years ago
If Life was as simple as the Anons think.....

My wife has Alzheimers badly and now addresses me as "Daddy" since I am apparently very old... I really do not know how I would handle the situation in the story.

chytownchytownalmost 13 years ago
What!!!!!!!

Is the purpose of the story???. Well written but what???????. To me it's not even entertaining.

SELSTIMSELSTIMalmost 13 years ago
Wow

What a conundrum. Well, George is too weak to kick Ira's ass, as he stated "if I could have let go of my walker I would have decked him". I don't think that talking to the guy to tell him to back off that you don't mind if he dances with her but keep your hands to yourself, would help because Ira knows George is no threat. He could go to the staff and have them separate them but he does love her dearly and likes to see her happy again. Especially, since her alzheimer is so advanced she really doesn't have that much longer to live. If it were me I would let her enjoy the little time she had left but alert the staff to what is going on just to make sure he doesn't hurt her in any way because if he would take advantage of a mentally ill person that he knows is married but knows her husband is no threat then obviously his moral compass is broken. Ira may be a person with control issues and forcibly make her do something she doesn't want to do and end up hurting her. Possibly, even leaving her catatonic from the trauma. In her mind she is reliving the happest time in her life which is her courtship with George. I would swallow my pride and let her be happy until the end. After she passes, I'm sure I could enlist the help of some friends that are not as disabled as myself that know what has been going on and how Ira has been taking advantage of the situation. Then Ira would have an accident and end up falling down the stairs. At that age bones don't heal very well if at all, especially the pelvis and legs. Thank you for such a thought provoking story. Nice sad story and well written.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
You get a gun and you kill the asshole

You'll still awaiting trial before you finally die of old age.

If you happen to kill Mabel at the same tie, well you ended her misery.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 13 years ago
and Murphy621 in a desperate attempt to out do Matt Moreau ...

writes another Turd story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
This could be my mother

She is 84 and in a home for Alzheimer's patients. When we visit, we frequently find her in a man's room, lying on his bed. While they act like two teenagers, they both have their clothes on. I'm not sure they would know what to do if they took them off. They both have the disease. My mother does not recognize her children or her husband. I'm not sure who she thinks her "boyfriend" is.

Currently, my 92 year old father is in the hospital, having recently suffered a stroke which has now caused him to enter the early stages of dementia. After he goes through rehab, I'm not sure where he'll end up, but he would be faced with the same dilemma as the husband in this story, if he ends up in the same facility, as he still has enough of his wits to know what would be going on.

We can prevent or save people from heart disease, cancer, and stroke, but we have no preventive measures or curative therapies to deal with dementia, and the statistics are that 25% of people over 80 get it, and 50% of people over 85 have it.

Have a little compassion, people. This story raises serious issues we will all end up facing, if medical science doesn't figure dementia out, and it will be much worse when we boomers get there, overwhelming the health care system. Thank you, murphy, for bringing this issue to the attention of people who have yet to face it.

norcal62norcal62about 12 years ago
The guys who don't get the story are not old enough to understand it.

I'm not there yet, but the circumstances reflect reality for many.

Very interesting story.

Turning 71 in April.

tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
SAD BUT TRUE

but when you get the music in ya".....TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
There's not a Happy Ending

In a week or two Mabel will remember that she is a teenager and then a child and then she'll be gone, just her shell be alive but not very long.

ErotFanErotFanover 9 years ago
I know

When she isn't around, take a ball bat to Ira and tell him worse awaits.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
EEEWWWWW! Senior citizen sex?

That was just no fun - at all. BARF!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I could have gone all day and not read that shit.

Sad story, sorry I read it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Broken Hip?

It is amazing how many senior falls break bones. Why I know of two cases where falls caused injuries that took years to heal and one person died from complications. Hip fractures are the worse. Loss of mobility, extended bed stays and the complications that arise are so devastating. And so often it happens someplace where the staff can’s see their security/monitoring cameras, so sad really.

DickSnugfitDickSnugfitover 2 years ago

Horrid! WTF is this shit doing on a site called Literotica? If stinks like a dead-dog that shat itself! It is garbage like this that grosses people out so much that they abandon the site for good! You can only be force-fed so much shit before you puke!

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

That was beyond awful.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous