All Comments on 'Man-Shaped Mirror'

by ohmanon

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
smidgeonsmidgeonover 15 years ago
Incredible

Any words of praise I attempt to use will pale in comparison, but that story was amazing in every way. You should be published, if you're not already.

cinnamon_kisses12cinnamon_kisses12over 15 years ago
oh my god

what a beautiful story. i hope i don't sound dumb, but i am a bit confused by the ending...

MilkChocolateAmazonMilkChocolateAmazonover 15 years ago
Simply beautiful

Don't often find much use for this word these days but this was exquisite.

SimonBrookeSimonBrookeover 15 years ago
Wow! Amazingly brilliant!

I declare the whole pupil/teacher narrative on this site officially closed. Nothing is going to top that - or even come close. That is extraordinary!

LoveNotHateLoveNotHateover 15 years ago
Just... Wow.

The characters, the situation, everything was just so... real. That's something that I feel a lot of Erotica Writers don't grasp... this was a fantasy come true, but at the same time, it's possible in real life.

He didn't go to jail, did he? ;-;

Truly fantastic writing. I loved it.

Thank you! Keep writing. If this one story is a true gauge of your talent... You're outstanding.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Utter brilliance.

Your writing technique is much to be admired and envied, it was obvious from the first few paragraphs that you are one of those lucky few people with a natural gift with words. I would love to say I understood the ending fully but I did not and the harshness of Paulhan's actions was not to my tastes but that is really irrelevant. What really is impressive was your skillful way with words. I will be incredibly disappointed if I don't see another story from you as such wonderful writers are hard to find.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
story-shaped mirror

Almost as fascinating as the story itself were my unexpected reactions to it. At first I was afraid. I suppose I knew what had to be coming and, knowing your main character instantly, I felt afraid on her behalf. Then, toward the middle, embarrassed somehow - at one point I realized I was reading out of the corner of my eye. At the end, so sad. Especially when you remember that she wanted him to make the first move; that that, to her, would have been winning.

My thoughts are many and rambling. I think about a powerful character like Sabine, who stands for so much and contains so much within herself - and then I try imagine her, us, all of us, in a world where there are no fish-eyed stares. How we would behave and how we would view ourselves. Who we would love, and why.

More to the point: I enjoyed your story so much. Like Paulson, I view writing - of this caliber at least - as catharsis. Looking at it that way makes it all the sweeter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago

OMFG I thought that was fucking amazing. I sort of didn't understand the ending but my god that was such a hot story. You should definitely write more like this. Seriously... Amazing.

disgruntledgirlscoutdisgruntledgirlscoutalmost 14 years ago
That..

That was fucking amazing.

Scotsman69Scotsman69almost 14 years ago
You

Are an incredibly good writer. I am breathless with admiration. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Brilliant.

I absolutely love this story. I always find myself coming back to it - no other compares on this site. Thank you for sharing it.

Krazy_Passion_KingKrazy_Passion_Kingover 13 years ago
Indescribable

Your story is just...phenomenal.This is the story of boy meets girl.He broke her heart so she rocked his world!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

damnn.. great writing there,, was waiting for more suspense to build up in that locker room scene,, but.. still.. DAMN,,

You are one impressive writer.. like one person said already.. the teacher student section should be closed.. will be way hard to top this

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Amazing

There has rarely been a better story on literotica

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
wow

oh my god... that was the most incredible thing- it was a piece of literature- you could actually analyze it from a literary standpoint- the winner/loser recurring idea, the way she was unsure about whether or not she hated or loved him, how she sees herself in him, and it represents the ways she thinks of herself... her maturity...

I found myself wishing I had HIS point of view for a lot of this, because, like Sabine expressed, he was very hard to read.

Write more!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Paulhan's POV

This story is AMAZING, and I would love to see it from Paulhan's point of view. There are points in the story he is just puzzling, but there's obviously some kind of tension and attraction and conflict building in him he barely indicates, judging from this charged encounter. I want to hear it!

Lovely, lovely job!!!

--Andrea

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Bravoes and Kudoes

The most literate story I've ever read on this site . You are truly gifted and talented

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
WOW..O.O

This story was absolutely amazing. This is by far the best teacher/student story i've read on the web so far and i doubt i'll find anything better than this. This story had me glued to my computer screen, I couldn't stop reading. I thoroughly enjoyed it, seriously it felt like i was watching a movie, i could see each character in my head so clearly. And my god, when they finally hooked up... i don't even have the words... 'fucking hot!!!!' is the best i can come up with.:P Everything about this story was perfect and totally believable. A bit confused by the ending but still loved it.

Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Please clarify the ending?

Or give a few pointers about it... and the part in 2002 who was the man and woman? Please? I'll try to re read it until I understand(hopefully, English isn't my first language) but I don't have a clue on the very end, it's 2010 4 years after the incident and she's in New York, god I just finished your story in one sitting I'm so tired, please elaborate? Please? My curiosity is killing me

MaximguyMaximguyalmost 11 years ago
Curse of literotica strikes.

It never fails. Every time I'm in middle of a good story on here, I think to myself "how is this author going to bone the ending like every other author on this site?" And sure enough, this author did. I still gave it a 5, because its an amazing story, easily one of the best on this site. But vague and ambiguous endings only piss people off. Or no sequel can do it too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
The ending: perfect!

The ending seemed to make perfect sense to me. This story was not about him or their relationship. He was just a "man shaped mirror" in which she saw herself learn to become a lover. The relationship never went anywhere but the experience was the prologue to all her other experiences with love and lovers. This was a great story all the way through and rightfully loved even by those for whom the ending made no sense.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Psychopath

Crazy bitch destroys what she can't get, poor guy

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Great story, not sure about the ending

I loved the buildup, the dialog, the characters. There were times it got hard to follow will all the alliteration. I have no idea what the prologue is about and how it fits into the story, tho. I guess the janitor catching them was somehow harmful to his career?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userohmanon@ohmanon
To readers who read my work, and to readers who send me comments and feedback: Thank you! Always open to criticisms, suggestions, and etc.