All Comments on 'Maria's Misconceptions'

by gabapentin

Sort by:
  • 53 Comments
dmhackdmhackalmost 10 years ago
Though

Not tho....though.

A little less detail would make this more enjoyable to read.

zed0zed0almost 10 years ago
What A Remarkably Dismal Little Story

What A Remarkably Dismal Little Story About A Miserable Little Man.

For the life of me I can't imagine why anybody would take the time and effort to write eight pages of this shit.

Heck!

I'm still trying figure out why I took the time and effort to read eight pages of this shit.

Okay, Okay, I started skimming around page four.

Is this some feeble attempt at drama?

You claim this is a true story, but in this case truth is not stranger than fiction, as a matter of fact I'm now inspired to write a tell all, ever so truthful tale about my last hemroidectomy. I expect it will bring the same similar feelings to my readership that this story has brought to me.

Feelings like depression, excruciating boredom, leading up to frustration, then segueing into a general feeling of malaise and disgust with all of the characters involved.

I know, I know, like a bowel movement, life isn't always nice and pretty, and neither was your story, but at least a bowel movement smells better.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Too much detail.

Tried my patience to wade through this. When finally finished, sorry I did.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
It seems that dismal has become the new fantasy

for many writers. A story has to be good if it makes you depressed. I don't buy it. VD gives us stories about losers and the life they lead in incredible detail, just to be sure you are properly depressed. Now Gabby is doing the same. Not fun to read. Give me a cheating wife, an angry husband, or even a couple in an open marriage, but keep humiliation and depression to yourself.

'

RePhilRePhilalmost 10 years ago
Emotionless and pointless

There seems to be absolutely no plot to this story. It rambles from scene to scene with no direction. Not very entertaining. He lives marries divorces and dies. So what? Where's the meat?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
I thought this was a good story.

The fact that it's largely true makes it doubly sad. Especially that a woman could cut herself off from her former life so completely that she totally ignored her children.

I've seen people who cheat behave like this, losing track of the morals they once valued, getting wrapped up in the exciting life and new freedoms that come with their new partner. We probably know more about how to send people into space than we do about the way the human mind works and how people can seem to do a 180 and become different people from whom they were. That is often what is so devastating about infidelity. People sometimes marry people they shouldn't, people who have already pushed the boundary on infidelity before marriage, so it shouldn't be a surprise when they are later found to be cheaters during the marriage. But often the couple is as the one here, starting out with shared values and goals, raising a family and having a good life, but one of them gets bored or stressed by everyday life, sexually curious, or jealous of what others have, and it leads to the kind of devastation seen here.

Readers like to see the cheaters suffer and the betrayed spouse move on and do well, finding new love. Often, they can. But we're not all made the same way. Others will be forever suspicious of the opposite sex, turned off by them completely after having been burnt, or become mere users themselves, never able to fully love and trust another that way again. And then there are those who never recover from such despicable betrayal, as we read about here, often veering toward actual suicide. I'm sure Gary was overwhelmed unnecessarily with the sordid details Maria put into her letter, which she almost seemed to recount with pride, sharing with him how his life had been a lie for so long.

I'm sure there will be commenters calling Gary a wimp and a loser for not making people pay for what was done to his life, and for not getting needed psychological counseling and moving on with another woman. Those would have been more healthy responses for him. Sadly, Gary is a reflection of a great many people who don't do those things, and that is why it is so easy to believe this was a story of real people. The kind of cognitive dissonance they experience--the difference between what he thought his life was and what had actually been going on, is too much for some people, and their minds break. Readers don't like that kind of reality; it's too depressing. They want the Hollywood ending. But even in Hollywood, the good guy often dies at the end, as in "Gladiator" and a film I just watched yesterday, "Elysium".

I choose to think of it as a morality play, and what can happen to people's lives when evil is done to them. Maybe all it can do for the rest of us is to try to make us think a little more kindly toward people who have suffered infidelity or other catastrophic losses. Unfortunately, in our society now, we have no-fault divorces, where the cheater and the betrayed spouses are treated equally by the law, and the rest of us mind our own business. Just another example of the "kinder, gentler" world it is not.

nonethewisernonethewiseralmost 10 years ago
These two deserved each other

On the one hand, a woman who has no redeeming values. She dumps her kids, cheats, whores and never looks back.

On the other hand, a guy who is beyond wimpy. He may have been destroyed by her (I get that), but he had kids and there is just no suggestion that he tried at all to recover.

She was worse because her behavior was intentional, but Gary is very hard for me to feel too sorry for. He feels sorry enough for himself. Remember, even God helps but those who help themselves.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Excellent detailed and torturous story.

Thanks for writing 5*

Concritic123Concritic123almost 10 years ago
Loved the story...

What a horrible woman. There is a special place in Hell for a woman like that.

Concritic123Concritic123almost 10 years ago
It was a dark story...

I know that some people want the wronged person to come out on top and vanquish the cheater but sometimes that's just not the case. Sometimes the bad guys win. Was Gary a wimp? No. He was just an average Joe. In this whole story, Maria was the bad egg. She was tempted by wealth and all it's trappings. Her boss treated her like a whore but she was okay with that as long as the money train kept rolling. First her boss, then the wealthy old millionaire, then the lawyer. All the while never having any contact with her children. Gary just couldn't get over the cheating and deceit. Does that make him weak? No. He was 100% in love with Maria. The porn tape merely showed him what her soul really looked like. It was a good story. Thanks for writing it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
And that's why

a 9mm bullet is always the best answer

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Beautiful

Such a sad story. Beautifully written. Kept hoping for Gary to get a bit of payback, but the fact that he didn't added to the theatre of it all.

Nice one old chum.

frazodfrazodalmost 10 years ago

I found this story disturbing. I thoroughly did not enjoy it, but I thought about it all day. I despised Maria, and felt very sorry for Gary.

Thank you for writing this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

The guy spent 20 years feeling sorry for himself? What a whining fucking loser! He got the kids and rid of the slut wife. Given the circumstances, what better outcome could he want? It isn't like there aren't any other fish in the sea.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
What a sad story for Gary , what a Lousy sad ending and that selfless Maria .

This story was well done, that wife turned into a whore who caught all those rich guys only to fell all that guilt in the end . To late , she destroyed her family . Tough story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Dark sad story

Once conversed with an author about a similar story.

He had felt that his friend and, the ex-wife (to a point) deserved better so, he had memorialized his friends life story with with a much better ending. Wasn't a BTB but, was a story of lost love, a little retribution, repentance and recommitted.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
No More Ha Ha's, Please.

Try she laughed, she giggled, she smiled, but less ha, ha.

Take a grammar course, learn how to use pronouns. Learn the correct way to use her and she.

Your plots are okay, the reader sense your sense of the story, but it would heighten the intensity by shortening the verbiage.

I do admire you story telling.417E

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 10 years ago
Sad story

The only people who had any redeeming qualities were Gary's mom and the tho boys. It IS difficult to be dumped, however, they jilted husband wasted the rest of his life for no reason. Too much time drinking and not enough figuring out how to live well, in fact, he probably could have upgraded eventually.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

really great story hope you can write many more like this larry

MitchFraellMitchFraellalmost 10 years ago
Emotional

An ordinary man who could not cope with extra ordinary events. A scheming woman who did not really care about anyone except herself. He should have been better off without her but did not manage it. Good storytelling (Tho I new you didn't use the spell checker)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Unbelievable

I went through a divorce similar to this one in the story. It took me all of three months to get over it and get on with my life

elHosedelHosedalmost 10 years ago
Some people grow stronger....

....and some shrink from the world after events like this.

I do know, from personal experience, that I would NEVER allow the "mother" back into my life again if I was the sons. Betrayal should be met with erasure. Erase that person from your life as completely as possible.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Fucking Laurel

Are you happy now?

Annette74Annette74almost 10 years ago
I love your story

I really like your story. It does get a bit tedious; however, I like it. Good job. Annette

greowulfgreowulfalmost 10 years ago
Better, but . . .

Okay, this is far better than your massive, disgusting stroke story (assuming someone can get off on page after page of a woman sinking lower into debauchery), but still has enormous problems. But this story is ugly with the ONLY major character having a happy ending is Maria. I could give you a pass on the ebding since it's apparently based on a "true story", but you admitted to fabricating all of her feelings--why not give them more conflict, then? Something to grab a reader's attention? All you give her is half-hearted remorse fleetingly felt until he dies.

If the writing were decent, the plot elements could be forgiven. But for gods' sakes, using "tho" and ending every other sentence of dialogue with "haha" makes the whole venture look ignorant (even without the occasional stupid mistakes like "up most" for "utmost" and "wonder" for "wander" [which happened at least a half-dozen times in your two stories].

For improvements, your characters' internal monologues are not *quite* as childish as your last story, and you made a greater attempt at using dialogue more effectively here. Please find an editor. I would volunteer, but you'd have to give me a LOT of time to review and several revisions before submission.

greowulfgreowulfalmost 10 years ago
Cannot stress HAHA enough

The other errors were bad, but my gods, the haha in almost EVERY dialog I the worst. Might as well say "lol" in your dialog if you want it to look like it was written on your phone (like my comments are :-) )

kdcee79kdcee79almost 10 years ago
Really not sure

I really struggled with this tale, especially with the numerous spelling & grammar errors spoiling the continuity. This was an extremely dark story of a very greedy, uncaring & selfish woman, darkness personified. She had no redeeming features, just a need for more, more ,more.

If this is a true story & they were known to your older brother I can only hope that he was never a close friend of Maria. A totally crude fucked up bitch ( sorry dogs ), I truly hope that her karma will come around soon & be at least as bad as anything she caused Gary.

I just finished reading it again, a real struggle, & still find it hard to evaluate but it's better than average, just , so 3***

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 10 years ago
at 200am i stayed up to read this turd of a story

and i have been laughing so hard for the past 12 minutes...

Maria fucks over her husband LITERALLY marries into money cars vacations sex orgies then a millionaire then attorney with a giant cock

And thinks life is UNFAIR? that she has been cheated?

Author STOP WRITING

You suck

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
very stupid story

She was a whore, not a victim

1*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Who became depressed those readers should read Vulcez "How Are You?"

That is the story where a ex husband can restart his life with better future as Vulcez "How Are You?" . The sad consequence stories are depressing and not to help such buddies who got cheater exwives or are before divorce decision with cheating wives!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Dumb story

nothing positive. and the sex......please.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
600mg twice daily

Pretty good tale; it held my attention.

Thanks

bruce22bruce22almost 10 years ago
Tragedy

I admit that the openers gave the rest of the story away and that I seriously considered leaving it at that. But I have to admit being fascinated enough to find out more. Really I am not sure if I want to read another story like this..

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusalmost 10 years ago
He Stopped Loving Her Today

This story reminds me of the George Jones song (best country song ever). very well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
My 2 Cents

You should have had a page on what happened afterward. What did Gary's sons do concerning their mother? Blow her off as she deserved or made her a part of the family? How did Gary's death affect her 3rd marriage - what a useless, gold digging, cheating piece of shit character

rcrmonte3rcrmonte3almost 10 years ago
As My German Grandfather Used to Say:

We get too soon old and too late smart

Good story. My monitor screen was a mite blurry at the end. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
1*

oh poor maria, what a sad fate she had! she need to suffer and die. you too, author. what a pile of crap.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Yikes Dude.

You have all this ugly shit floating around in your head, you are a sick little fuck.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
1*

cuck shit.

lee5456lee5456over 3 years ago
OMG! What a good but sad story

What a stupid damn whore. She gave up somebody that truly loved her for bullshit

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Pray never to live in this author's world

Gabapentin created an elaborate world in which the righteous suffer for decades while the wicked merrily dance further and further into depravity without punishment other than a vague awareness of emptiness, easily forgotten through sex or the distractions money can buy. Gabapentin's characters do not learn from their experiences and thus gain no insight or wisdom as they mature.

This tragic world is a dystopia I regret visiting. Chapter 2 of Maria's slut saga will go unread by me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
my god...

i really hope this author dies a lonely and miserable death...and his body just rots and rots with maggots.. that is the emotion i feel on reading is delusional stories... and the great markings.. well those who know can manipulate the markings.. no shit this brain dead author writes deserves more then a minus score

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
GLAD I READ THE COMMENTS FIRST

It kept me from reading the story.

I come to Literotica for entertainment/enjoyment,

not a dismal/sad story

that is praised because it is realistic and well-written.

I do not need Literotica for sad reality.

There's plenty of that on TV and the newspaper (and now, on the Internet).

Paul in Oklahoma

JhWALLJhWALLover 3 years ago
It's unfortunate but true

Money seems to destroy so many relationship these days, People don't realise that once you start thinking the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence that once they cross there is know going back.

But never fear her judgement has yet to come and it will be far worse than anything she can suffer in this short life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
THO? WTF?

It seems to me that anyone who can write a story that takes up 8 pages can write "though" instead of "tho." Who writes like that? This isn't a text, is it?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Tho

Tho is not a word. Add three more letters and it is, though.

PorterrhPorterrhover 2 years ago

1 star -absolute tripe

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sad story. Maria was an amoral slut, but Gary certainly needed some pills. His psychiatrist and family failed him there.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I witnessed the night at a yacht club party when the pretty wife of a decent hardworking guy walked in between the 20 year older commodore and her 7 year old daughter. They were all holding hands as she walked up to her blindsided husband and told him she was taking his daughter away to live with the asshole commodore. The husband's look of shock and disbelief has remained with me for 50 years. This is one of the most destructive and real stories on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

this is a sad story but i can't sympathise with losers who throw away their lives for a hoe. its the most pathetic waste of the gift of life

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Wow. Sad.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Many readers apparently did not read the story or comprehend. It isn't sympathy for Maria. She screwed over Gary and traded up. She is an amoral bitch who eventually had some part of her subconscious regret what she did and it came to the forefront. Her current husband (her third) had not idea what she had done. By many measures she should have been happy with where she ended up but finally guilt showed up. The real person yo feel sorry for is Gary. Yes he was backstabbed and abandoned. But he definitely had serious mental issues with an inability to move on after 20 years. Maria didn't deserve his longing for.her or even his anger. She is u worthy. And she definitely deserves no pity from the readers. Heck she even (effectively) abandoned her sons. Both characters are mentally damaged in very different ways.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

The story isn't about Maria. Not really. She is a deplorable person who abandoned her family. She is a stranger in that room. Jace did nothing wrong. He is her third husband as she climbed the ladder for wealth. She is a walking tumor. Gary however is the sad center of this story. Maria broke him and he never recovered. Agree with previous commenter that Gary had mental issues as he never overcame Maria's abandonment and his sorrow and pain destroyed his life. 20 years is a long time. At least he had the kids. Ouch. Really sad.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous