All Comments on 'Marriage Anonymous'

by DamagedDude

Sort by:
  • 65 Comments
tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
Q=WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG

to do the inevitable. TK U MLJ LV NV

EgoTrixiEgoTrixiover 9 years ago
Marriage Anonymous...

..now that was something new to me. Marvelous. I think this one is a real breath of fresh air. Love it. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
It's not the destination ...

... it's the journey. The story is very well written, one of the best so far this year.

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 9 years ago
Original

And funny too. Well done.

angiquesophieangiquesophieover 9 years ago
i liked it a lot

it is a fresh and original story, very well written.

i liked it, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
wow lord help me

someone wrote best of the year so far, if it is i'm hemmingway.

FD45FD45over 9 years ago
A story in a minor key

This is not a disparagement. No huge operatic drama, save the revelation of Jeremy (which was a bit of a note too far for my tastes, but what do I know).

Just a man quietly living and a slice of life. A quiet desperation in the story.

I liked it a lot save that one reveal. i can't say moms never do that, but compared to the rest of the story, it seemed a touch out of place.

Nice story, particularly for a first one. Some of your phrasing was clumsy, but that irons out as you go on.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 9 years ago
Interesting but I gave it a one:

Simply because I hate the phrase "trust but verify" even though I admire Fmr Pres. Ronnie "Raygun". If you have to verify, then it's not trust.

imhaplessimhaplessover 9 years ago
Certainly original

I liked it.

patilliepatillieover 9 years ago
hmmm

different, no concusion with satisfaction, but that is the point.

RePhilRePhilover 9 years ago
Insightful

Enjoyed your story very much, thanks

leviayersleviayersover 9 years ago

different and enjoyable thanks 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Good

Good story look forward to more

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiover 9 years ago
Fun parody . . .

. . . of a twelve step meeting. Not realistic, of course, of either an AA meeting or a marriage, but still a fun read. The characters, caricatures, are classic and the whole tale with all ending in some satisfied state of connected confusion makes for a fun read story.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 9 years ago
Too whacky, too emotive and too worst of all - too often true

When dysfunctional people are paired off with desperate ones, stories like these are result. Ditto on all previous compliments ( and a few of the complaints).

swingerjoeswingerjoeover 9 years ago
What did I just read?

That was a really bizarre story from beginning to end! I don't know what to make of it, or what the author intended for it to be. The tone of the narrative was so uneven, I couldn't figure out if it was supposed to be humorous or serious. The phrasing was really strange in many places. ("Is the being of honest, weak?") And it was impossible to connect with any character in this story, as they were so strange in every way. Then came the kicker in the end!

So...what did we learn from this story? I have no idea! It was entertaining, in a really strange way, so I give the author credit for that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Loved the concept - Liked the story

I loved the concept of this story. I found it both fun and entertaining... even humorous. This could have just as easily been posted in the humor/satire section.

I do have to admit that I had a bit of trouble following along as I read. Had to read some parts twice to keep the story straight in my head.

dmhackdmhackover 9 years ago
Good

Nicely done. Some people can never find their voice no matter how many pieces they post. You found your straight off.

For the guy who rated the story a one because of the trust but verify line, you might be interested to know that the line is an old Russian adage... Ronnie didn't think of it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
An okay opening for a story

But it felt completely unfinished. That his wife and son were sleeping together was no surprise. That he suddenly got a backbone was a surprise. In fact no one in those meetings seemed to have much of a spine. Maybe if you have another chapter to close up all the loose details this will turn into a worthwhile read. If not, it just falls into the "unfinished" category and really wasn't worth the read.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 9 years ago
Strange little story

Amusing - with a few one-liners, this could have been posted in humor. I forecast food stamps and welfare in wifey-poo's future.

BriteaseBriteaseover 9 years ago
Wonderful

Wish I could write like this. Go over the head of many, unfortunately, but what the hell. I loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
very real

I really hope this didn't happen to you. I think the wife had hormonal imbalance or some other mental disorder to go with her own son like that. Sick. It takes a lot of love to stay as long as he did, but it finally drained out. His ex and son are the real losers now.

Leonji

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Wonderful Story

An excellent first story with rich characters. My hope is that this is the first of many chapters with this group to see how their stories pan out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
From Duna

I did not think to be BTB story but nice twist at the end. Either Hardsighknight or Slirplus have an funny BTB story, where a insecure sub husband finds his balls and the shrew wife gets surprise at the end. 5*****.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Paternity

I realize that Angie is at least borderline insane, if not completely over the edge, but does she seriously believe that just because he is the GRANDfather that a genetic test will prove him to be the father?

impo_60impo_60over 9 years ago
Agree with @KarenE again...

I agree with @KarenE again...She must have become retarded (no disrespect to those who suffer), believing what she believed in DNA tests...He wasn't also very bright for not having one clue about what happened during a year, because his wife told him in all the letters. The idea for the story was very good, but in the end it got losted...

sugnasugnaover 9 years ago
Grim Stuff

Did you know that people who talk about doing things, are less likely to actually do them than those people who stay silent, focus, and act? Talk can be good, too much talk is simply wallowing. Depressing stuff here. 5 for the writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
A little put off by....

....his slow arrival at the obvious and his acting against it....sort of like a punch line.

I would have liked to see some "aftermath" coverage....but perhaps that could be included in a chapter two or better, another entire story of the next segment in our hero's journey.

While I started this comment without praises, I am remiss if I leave out that it is one of the best in the category in quite awhile. One of the things I liked best was that it is an untold or undertold storyline.

Not a BTB or cuckold, both of which are far too common for healthy reading, but something outside the normal LW grooves.

Well written, indeed, I cannot fault your writing in any meaningful way, so must therefor praise it. We came to care about the characters as people, we came to enjoy and appreciate the story for the events, we loathed the haters and the cheaters and loved the underdogs and the victims.

Please continue. It was truly one of my most enjoyable reading experiences to date.

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyover 9 years ago
Amazing

How people can read satire and then make serious comments about plot details.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
1 star

He must be retarded should of went to the cops.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Here is another one....

I had a pet flying squirrel. One day it bit me and then flew away. But I still had my dog and support group. Whataya think? Sound familiar? .........Good job Damaged. Remember, If your critics are so good where are their stories? Keep writting. 3!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Give the author a break

This wasn't a very plausible story, but it was a novel approach which should always be welcome and not too bad an effort for a first attempt. I couldn't give it any stars but still. Give the guy a break and a bit of support to improve rather than just pouring scorn on him.

looking4itlooking4itover 9 years ago

This was B. Joel's "Piano Man" but instead of a set of bar stereotypes it was a set of support group stereotypes. Are we to be happy he traded one disfunctional family for another?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
this is satire

about anonymous and not so anonymous commentators and bad story cliches

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Very novel

A very different, and interesting, way to tell an old story. Well old except for the incest bit. Hope you write more.

greowulfgreowulfover 9 years ago
Poor ending

The way this ends, the "big reveal" about Jeremy is the climax. It was too projected for that to have any impact. To have any effect, the story would have to cover the fallout and the shattering of Angie's misunderstanding of how DNA works. Instead, it just drops off after the anti-hero finds out. We'll written, but only 3 stars for missing some major story elements (tension and real climax)

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 9 years ago
I felt like I was watching Jerry Springer.

This guy and his life are really fucked up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

there should be a second chapter to where he files for divorce get his soon to be ex and son tossed into prison and he gets on with his life

bruce22bruce22over 9 years ago
Interesting Effort

The other side of the Incest stories and Unwitting Cucks presented here on literotica.

For that reason it is criative idea though any of the old hands probably figured out what was going on early on.

RhomanovRhomanovover 9 years ago
Sssssssssssssss.............

Great start, decent middle, ending flatter than a deflated ballon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Interesting-- well written- not erotica

Not really an erotica story but it felt like professional level writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Different

Different kind of story, I liked it.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 9 years ago
Hey

You know you had this tale rocking until you ended it the way you did. If you have another chapter that's fine. If not, then I just wasted my time.

no rating

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
A Waste of 10 Minutes

Just didn't end up having any appeal to me.

checkaho013checkaho013over 9 years ago
lot better than score

I liked it. This is a guy that should change his name and go to the oil fields in South Dakota .

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Damaged protagonist

A good tale, holds the interest and you have created people that are (for the most part) credible and a protagonist who is identifiable and likable.

I had a few issues with what seemed like a floating tense issue, and the ending wasn't quite the surprise it should have been as I thought the ending had been made clear earlier when Angie called Jeremy the man of the house.

In addition, the ending seemed detached in a way, the core of the story was a tale of common woes, Ross was quite the everyman, and I found that to be much of the charm. The incest, however, put things on a different course, or would have if the story hadn't ended when it did.

All in all, well written, a good story, kept the interest and created memorable characters. I chapter two would be something I would certainly want to read, and I would certainly give any other writing of yours a look see.

Cheers!

SensateSensateover 9 years ago
Good First Story

The story was well thought through and made sense. The plot was new to me for Loving Wives. I liked the ending, gave you a 5. Would like maybe a sequel or more stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Loved the writing but...

Well-written, with wit, nicely developed characters (or caricatures, but I'm down with that). No problem at all with the open-ended walkout, although some of us still believe it's okay for football, hockey and soccer games to end in ties. Just not sure about the reveal. "Shit ex machina"?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Dumb!

He should of left along time ago....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Incest

He is a stupid cunt all he has to do is contact the police or social services and state that his tart of a wife and son are having sex together and that she is pregnant with his sons baby and leave the rest to the courts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
UGH!!!!

Dumb, weird and just plain ridiculous!

YouamiYouamiabout 5 years ago
A refreshing change in a sea of sameness

DD

I for one enjoyed your tale. The plot had enough twists and turns to keep my interest. It made a refreshing change from the slut wife/cuck wimp hubby stories which infest this site. Keep writing!

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 5 years ago
What an original idea!

I've spent some time in Al Anon, for obvious reasons, and you captured the environment very well. That was fun!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Pacific Doldrums

There's a place where sailors get trapped with no wind, or land, or hope. It's called The Doldrums. It's the furthest you can be from land on the entire seven seas. Anyway, I wish this story had a more palpable purpose.

The writing is quite good but being in the doldrums makes you want to finally get somewhere.

In any case thanks for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Saw the outcome after about two paragraphs, how the husband didn't - clueless

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 2 years ago

Interesting......... yes. 5/5!!

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

JFC that was wonderfully horrid, in a horribly bad way.

I knew it would be somewhere along the line of shit when you tossed this factually incorrect numerically wrong line out there "The forty or so men (and two women) gathered here today looked bored."

It would be mostly women and mostly women talking about their husbands cheating.

Even beyond that this was...not sure what it was but it wasnt good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wait.. what?

That was too sick!

3 stars

AbctoyAbctoyalmost 2 years ago

Incest in lovint wife cat?? Or did I miss something? 2*

alvinjfrazieralvinjfrazieralmost 2 years ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ ... amusing. The incest wasn't a surprise, just ewwww.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I do t see why so many of these authors paint the husband to be such a wimp. The first thing I would have done, is kick my son out on his ass. Second, start divorce proceedings against wifey dearest. I don’t remember how old he was, but I am sure once he had the idea of the incest, all attempts from wifey to screw him in the court system, would have come to an end.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

U t truely damaged dude! Get treated by a psychiatrist…before u implode!

RanDog025RanDog0254 months ago

I didn't like it.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 1 month ago

So much more to be said. His wife and son have a miserable life in front of them. Eventually the poor kid's parentage would be revealed, and the government would step in. Incest is still illegal. They risk the child's health. That kid will not have a happy future unless a good foster family steps up to help. Ross can reclaim his house and his life when Angle and Jeremy go to jail. It will be easy to divorce her then.

26thNC26thNCabout 1 month ago

Pretty strange stuff that stopped too soon.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous