Maxine's New Life Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I had been sitting on the terrace of the clubhouse at the city marina for fifteen minutes, when Lucas walked through the door. In his hand he held a large white bag with no lettering on it. Actually that is a good sign, when it is take out. I hoped that it was from something that didn't cook fifty items at the same time.

"So what did you bring me?" I asked.

"I brought Barbecue from Crystal's." He put the large white bag on top of the plastic picnic table, then removed three canned diet cokes from his jacket pockets. The jacket was one of those high school jock jackets.

"I always wondered Lucas, why exactly did you get that letter. That jacket always makes me curious."

"Track," he said.

"Well that will come in handy, when you go on the police department."

"Yeah, thats what Detective Blevins says."

"Crystal makes the best chopped barbecue sandwich in the state," he said as he chewed.

"State hell, in the country. At least the best pork sandwich. They make the best barbecue beef sandwiches in Texas." I enjoyed the sandwich a while longer, then asked. So where are we off too this afternoon?"

"Two in Aster and two in Tryon," he said.

"Do any of them look hinky?" I asked.

"Maggie over in Tryon warned me about Lewis Stiles. Mr. Styles is scheduled for a criminal trial in a few weeks. She said he might not want to show up for a property settlement hearing in his divorce case She thinks he might be trying to leverage it for legal services."

"Let's do Mr Stiles last then. Remember. we are not cops just delivery people."

"Yeah, but we don't take crap from anyone, right?"

"Wrong, we will take their verbal abuse, we just don't hold nobody's ass whuppin." It was a saying I picked up on a VIP babysitting detail in D.C. Between tours in the middle east they liked to show off their female Iraq veterans. Yeah it was bullshit.

After lunch I let Lucas drive the van and do the services. He looked more like a delivery boy than I did. Okay not really, but the delivery person had to drive. Lucas liked to drive whereas I was tired of driving.

The second delivery went sideways. The woman who was home with a sick kid, just absolutely lost it. She began calling Lucas about every kind of son of a bitch I had ever heard. I listened for about a minute before I decided to help him. If it had been a man raising hell, I would have let Lucas take care of it the best he could. I really didn't want to get sued, so I left the van.

"Ma'am I'm just doing my job. You can take the paper or throw it in the trash, but either way you have been served."

Just as I expected she rushed Lucas as he tried to walk away. She took about three steps out of her front door before I said, "Lady stop right there. Now the kid is a gentleman, and he would never strike a lady, so that's why I'm along. I have no qualms at all about knocking you on your ass."

"Who the fuck are you?" she asked.

"I'm the bitch that is going to loosen a couple of your teeth, if you try to strike either of us." She took a real good look before she turned to walk into the house. I almost shouted after her not to forget her court order, but I decided to just let it go. She knew where the paper was and would no doubt pick it up after we left.

"Would you really have hit her?"

"Does a dog lick it's ass?" I asked.

Lucas started to laugh. "I would like to have seen that cat fight. She was four or five inches taller and weighed at least fifty pounds more than you."

"She might be bigger but I'm faster," I said laughing.

Stiles was a pussy cat. As we drove away, I said, "Just goes to show you. Sometimes it's the ones nobody expects, that bite you on the ass. It's how Ted Bundy lasted so long. He just wasn't the type to be a serial killer. At least that's what everyone said for a long time."

"What size dress do you wear?" It was Margie's voice on my cell phone.

"Why?" I asked.

"Just tell me, you need something for Saturday night."

"Size 8"

"There will be a dress delivered to your office tomorrow, try it on. If it fits, keep it, if not send it back, and get the next size up or down. Maxine, it's supposed to be tight."

I spent that evening at the Cop Out, well from 9PM until about 11PM anyway. Blevins never showed, nor did Anya. Jerry was there along with some EMTs for the Country Ambulance and Rescue Squad. I danced with all of them at one time or another, I think.

I left for home at 11:15. I know because someone asked why I was leaving so early. "I am leaving early, because I needed my beauty sleep," I explained.

"Do you really think that will help?" One of the female EMT's asked.

"Hell, it's like the pistol that the cops carry. It might not always help, but it sure as hell can't hurt." Everyone laughed.

"Is that why you carry a gun?" the same EMT chick asked.

"No, I carry it for ballast. I lost so much weight this year, I'm afraid I'll blow away." I resisted the urge to suggest that she try it. She had to be at least fifty pounds overweight. "So good night one and all." Since the shoot out in front of the club, no one offered to walk me to my car. I didn't mind at all.

I fell asleep that night wondering what kind of dress Margie was going to send. Something tight she warned me. So I would probably have to go buy new underwear for the big party. God, I hadn't bought fancy undies in years. When I broke down and did that, the bras cost much more than my usual outfits If I had to buy a lacy, half cup, padded, push up bra, I might have to take out a loan. Even with those thoughts rolling around my head, I managed to finally fall asleep.

I woke in the middle of the night as usual for a bathroom run. The cabin was extremely warm, so I turned the heater down before I returned to bed. I must have got it at the height of it's cycle because the next morning the cabin was too chilly for a shower. I could have hung out and waited for the one large room to warm up, but I wanted to get moving. I didn't even make coffee, I just pulled on some heavy clothes and packed my ass out to the van. I did check to make sure the temperature inside the cabin was above freezing. It was by a few degrees, so I didn't increase the setting on the oil stove.

I stopped bye the closest fast food joint for coffee and a biscuit. "I miss skeeter damn it," I said aloud as I drove into the office parking lot. I opened the door and staggered to my desk. The Hardee's bag held not only my biscuit but two large cups of black coffee. I would drink both of them before the Mr. Coffee finished brewing. The coffee wasn't as good as what I made, but it wasn't bad either.

I looked at the calendar program on my computer only because the icon was flashing. I found the reminder about an appointment with my bookkeeper. I had a standing 10AM meeting with her on the last working day of every month. I carried in my checkbook, and she told me how broke I was.

Actually my finances were not too bad. Ed didn't charge me any rent because of the thing with his son. I had the rent on the cabin and my utilities there. plus what I spent on food and entertainment. That was substantially less than my retirement check, so the office money was extra. It was a good thing, since almost all of the income after expenses went to Lucas. It was expensive to have an employee.

I was expecting it to get a little better, since I had picked up a little computer tracing work. Lucas had proven to be a great researcher with the old ones and zeros machine. The traces were for an insurance group with agents all over hell. Their home office was in Tryon, so it was a good gig for us. Lucas hated it of course. I explained that it would pay his salary, so he was willing to go along. I expected that if we didn't also do the process services at least twice a week, and the occasional pick up of bail skips, he would have revolted.

I hadn't expected the dress to arrive before 10 AM, so I wasn't too disappointed when I left for my bookkeepers office without it. Nothing is very far away in a town the size of Aster, which made the drive to Thelma's bookkeeping service about five minutes.

"Maxine how you doing girl?" The 250 pound woman with the blond wig asked.

"I have been worse Thelma. How you doing?"

"Dieting again and I just fucking hate it." She said it while making sure no one was around to hear her choice of words. I was sure that she used that kind of language with only a very few clients.

"I know that," I said in agreement. "So did I have enough money to pay my bills this month."

"Yes with a couple of hundred left over even. You ought to think about an investment plan. Your money is getting lazy in the bank, but not fat for sure."

"Yeah, but if you want to see the stock market fall like a rock, just let me invest in it. I tried once and lost my ass off."

"Ah so that's why you are so skinny."

"No, I'm skinny because of a ruptured esophagus. If you tried deep throating a giant zucchini, you would probably wind up in the hospital on clear soup and Jello for a month. Then I promise you would lose some serious pounds." I laughed at the thought.

"Then I'd have to ride cross country on a bike for a couple of months, day in and day out, to get your body in shape," she added. "I think I'll stick to fucking salads."

"Yeah that does seem a lot simpler," I agreed.

"I got the checks for you to sign right here. Max, you know you need to get rid of Lucas. You can't really afford him."

"Sure I can. I just can't afford him, if I want to eat three times a day."

"Exactly," she said with a laugh.

I had Lucas's paycheck when I got back to the office. He got a draw every week but once a month there was a settlement check. If he created more income than his draw, I gave him a bonus check. It was usually a couple of hundred bucks. Since we picked up Ed's skip during the current month his check was over five hundred.

" So how's the traces going?" I asked when I returned.

"Slow, I am going to hate this part of the job, boss," he suggested.

I put the check on his desk, "Do you hate it less now?" I asked.

"I can stand it, but let's not get too much of this kind of work."

"We use the PaPa Stone business model here Lucas, 'Cull Not, Want Not'."

"I keep hearing these little snippets of wisdom about your family, so what did they do."

"You don't know?" Ed asked from across the room.

"No one ever told me. I mean I know most of them are successful, but I have no idea what they do."

"It don't matter Lucas, I come from the stunted branch of the family tree," I said. "So moving right along, did a package come for me?"

"No, what are you expecting?" Ed asked.

"To be honest Ed, I have no idea."

We all awaited the package eagerly. I think Ed wanted to see what it was that had me acting mysteriously. Since Lucas and I had served papers the day before, we stayed in the office. He did his research and I answered the phones.

One of the calls that came in was from a entertainment promoter. He was setting up a concert at the City Stage venue. He wanted to know what I would charge to be a body guard for his singer. There were some benefits to having been involved in a high profile case or two. It didn't hurt that I was a woman and wouldn't appear to be a bodyguard at all. Some of the people who needed a bodyguard, didn't want to appear to need one. That was less true with singers than macho movie stars. I gave him my standard price then hung up. I didn't expect to ever hear from him again.

The dress finally came a little after 2PM. Fifteen minutes late I was on the phone to Margie. I took the cell phone into the parking lot far away from everyone before I called. "Are you out of your fucking mind?" I asked.

"Well hello Max, I have been expecting your call. And no, I'm not out of my fucking mind."

"I am not going to wear that dress," I informed her.

"If you want to come to the party, you will wear the dress. It's as simple as that."

"Margie , let me explain. I know you don't care that I can't wear a bra with that halter top. I know you don't care that I can't wear panties with that slit up the side, but honey I do care." I ended almost in a shout. There was definitely a stern ending to my comment.

"Now listen Max, I know you, that doesn't bother you. If it really does, I'll fix you a nice cup of tea."

"Keep your fucking tea away from me. If for no other reason than my tan line, I wouldn't wear that thing."

"Don't worry I knew that when I picked it out for you. I have a few tricks up my sleeve, but trust me they are going to love you even if you showed up in a potato sack. You my dear have presence."

"Presence my ass, if I show up in that I'm going to have goose bumps on my goose bumps," I informed her.

"Don't forget to shave the cutesy little cunt of yours," she said as she hung up on me.

"I should call Anya and tell her to fuck off, I thought. I would have, if I hadn't been so damned turned on. My body was betraying me again damn it.

"So are you going to model it for us?" Ed asked.

"Ed you might not work for me, but I can still kick your ass." Then I turned to Lucas, "As for you, don't open your mouth." I said to Lucas.

"I was just going to say you are going to look so hot in that dress."

"I knew I shouldn't have opened it here."

I thought about how that dress might look on me and I couldn't wait to try it on. I left for the day way earlier than I should have. Both Ed and Lucas knew why.

When I got home, the first thing I did was to turn the heat up. I knew I would be chilled in that dress, if I didn't. I didn't want to start out with a bad feeling about it, so I waited for the cabin to warm up before I tried it on. I drank two cups of coffee while I waited. I couldn't believe it. I was as excited as a school girl over a stupid dress. Okay, the dress wasn't stupid, but I didn't get all giddy over clothes.

When I tried the dress on, I realized that Margie had spent some real money on that dress. It fit like a custom made designer piece. Not that I had ever tried on a designer dress. It fit like I imaged a designer dress would fit.

I do not have large breasts so the halter top could have been baggy but it wasn't it lay flat against my chest with small bumps where my boobs were. The fabric was so clingy that even my not erect nipples showed clearly.

The dress was mid calf length with s slit that went up to my waist. I mean all the way up to my waist. I was never going to be able to wear panties of any kind. People would not be able to see the crack of my ass or the swell of my labia, but it was going to be a damn close call.

Still I had to admit that, if I could do something about the tan line, that dress would be a first round knockout. In the rather disgusting words of Margie, yes I would need to shave my cunt for sure.

I tried to force myself out of bed on Friday. It was raining, as if God was trying to douse the fires of Hell. I half expected to find leaks in the roof of the cabin. Instead I heard the drumbeat of the heavy rain on the metal roof. I had been told that most roofs leaked around thing like chimneys and dormers. Well the cabin had none of those. The vent for the oil stove was through the wall. The metal pipe made a 90 degree turn up and past the roof. It was strapped to the side of the roof, so that the wind wouldn't blow it to the ground.

As I lay there in my almost warm cave listening to the rain, I reminded myself yet again that I needed a radio. It would have been nice to listen to some romantic music and masturbate. I laughed at myself for my childish bullshit. I was a day away from some really kinky shit and I was thinking about romantic masturbation. "Too weird," I said aloud as I shook my head.

"I need one of those Mr Coffee machines with a timer," I said aloud. Then I though, I'm talking to myself, I need to watch that shit. If I do that in public, they just might lock me up, Then I thought, hell why not talk to myself, there is no one I know as interesting as me. At that thought I laughed out loud. Delusions of grandeur as well as senility, off to the funny farm with you girl.

Even as I had the thoughts concerning my weakening mind, my hand moved to the waist band of my panties. My mind switched from rational mode to masturbation mode. In my masturbation mode I thought more like Margie than Maxine.

My finger caressed my clit as I remembered the feel of Joey's dick inside my pussy. I remember resting my ass on his pubic bone as I rocked on his dick in front of god and everybody else in that theater. I could imagine them staring, as my fingers slipping inside my pussy lips. I rubbed in and out as I remember the feel of his dick pushing deep inside my birth canal. Right up to the edge of my womb. His dick scratched an itch. One I couldn't reach with my fingers. I screamed silently at myself, why didn't you buy a dildo for this? You stupid bitch.

I moved my hand back to my clit and massaged it vigorously. After a few strokes I felt my tension level climb almost to the orgasmic level. Just as I peaked, I slipped my fingers into my pussy and worked them feverishly. It took only a moment until I broke through into an orgasm.

I lay in bed for what seemed like a long time but probably wasn't. At first my body shook and spasmed, then is just vibrated, then I was just warm and mellow. I probably would have laid in bed for an hour longer and napped, if the phone hadn't played that stupid song.

When I traded my burn phone for a real cell phone, the damn thing played some modern day rock song. It was supposed to be a regular no frills phone, but it had all this shit I never used. I kept meaning to have Lucas change it to a ringing sound but in the meantime I got an instrumental version of something that sounded sorta like music.

"Hello," I said quietly into the phone. I was in no mood for confrontation.

"Max, it's Helen. I'm in the parking lot of your office. Are you on you way down?"

"To be honest Helen," I wasn't going to be honest at all. "I'm having trouble getting started this morning, but I can be there in twenty minutes." If I don't shower I thought, but I really do need a shower.

"I can come back in an hour, if that would be better?"

"Actually, it would be better."

"Okay, I'll run home and fix you all breakfast."

"Before I could stop her, not that I planned to, she hung up the phone."

I literally dragged myself out of my warm bed and into the chilly shower. One thing about my oil stove, when I called for heat the damn thing put out heat right away. When I finished my shower, I went to the stove while still wet. I dried myself and put on my clothes, while hovering over it. Most women wouldn't be able to live like this, I thought, but most women hadn't lived in a tent with 9 other women either. I had hovered over many an oil burner, while trying to stay warm during a chilly night in the sandbox.

I left the reasonably warm, dry cabin with wet hair. I didn't think it would matter since it was still raining like water pouring from a garden hose with no nozzle. I managed to get to the office and have the coffee on before Helen arrived. I even managed to beat Lucas and Ed in. They must have both stayed home and jacked off as well. In Ed's case that might have been a miracle, right up there with water into wine.

When Helen arrived, she was carrying three large brown paper bags. They looked like school lunches. "What are you doing Helen, sending us back to school?" I asked it laughing.

"It was Jack's idea. I am making brown paper bag breakfasts and taking them to the job sites around town. I have even been invited to stop outside some of the businesses so their employees can run out. Everything in the bag can be microwaved, or is almost as good cold." She sorted through them and came up with one that had a red star stamped on it. "This one is yours Maxine."