Maxine's New Life Ch. 13a

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hello, can I help you?" I asked.

"That shotgun is probably a good idea. I hear you kicked Thomas Atwood's sorry ass," the man said.

"I don't know about that, but we had a few words last night," I replied.

"They tell me, he had to driven to the hospital by his brother Blain, nobody else would touch him." The woman said it then paused a full minute. "You know they gonna be coming for you and your friends."

"I trust the Lord, and this 12 gauge, to take care of me." I said quietly.

"I'd say that you was in good company then," the man said. "The wife made pies last night and we had an extra one. I hope you and your friends like Apple." He said as he handed me the pie tin covered with a dishcloth.

"It smells delicious, the others might not get any," I said with a smile.

"I would say that you are going to have a packed house at your service next week." The woman said.

"Well it will be good to see friends in the house of worship. Son," I said turning my attention to the teenage boy. "You seem to be interested in my towel. I'm afraid I will never make it as a Hollywood star, but you are welcome to stare. God probably isn't pleased that I am vane, but we all h ave faults. I think it is a minor one."

"So do I," the boy said in agreement. "I can't imagine how upset Thomas Atwood is this morning. To have his ass kicked by a preacher is bad, but a woman preacher is just the ultimate in humiliation." We spoke a few more words, then they left.

Martin and Gwen returned shortly after they had gone. "Try to get cleaned up Mike we are going into town. I want to see and be seen today. I want you to film everything you can Mike. It is going to be the difference, if they make a run for us."

"You know they are going to want to stop that," Martin asked.

"Yes I know, I want you to be sure the camera people are safe. Try to do it without violence, at least not deadly force." I commented.

The town was so small that it was hard to find anything to do, other than eat. We went back to the same restaurant. Our greeting was a lot more cautious. The people didn't want to piss us off, since they had heard we were more than simple clergy. The seemed to have no love for the Atwoods either, so they were just trying to stay neutral. It was a hard, but clear cut decision. Stay with the known, or move over to the unknown. I didn't blame anyone for hedging their bets as best they could.

I saw Mike get that concerned look. The one people get when they think trouble might be headed their way. I figured someone was approaching me from behind. After the last time, I wished that it was Martin instead of Mike at the table with me. Mike was no wimp but he was also not Martin.

"Hi remember me?" the young man asked.

"Of course, your parents brought us the pie." I commented letting Mike know that it was okay.

"Tell your mom it was delicious," Mike commented.

"I'll tell her, she will be happy. She loves to make pies."

"Do that, it really was excellent," I agreed.

"Okay, I wanted to tell you that Blain Atwood says you two are criminals. He also said that he is going to take care of you. He said you weren't really preachers. No preacher could have done that to his brother." the kid said.

"Do you know the story of Samson and Delila?" I asked.

"Sure from Sunday School," he replied.

"Sampson's strength came from God, and so does mine. He directs my hand and he protects me, Blain would be foolish to attack God's messenger. So don't worry, I will be fine."

"I'm sure you will be, I also wanted to tell you I think you are beautiful. I know you said you didn't mind me staring and I wanted to thank you for that. I couldn't help it.

"Thank you, what's your name?"

"Melvin," he replied simply.

"Melvin my name is Maxine. I hope you come to services on Sunday,"

"I would like to see you before that. I mean see you alone," he said it shyly.

"Melvin, I'm more than twice your age hon. But I am truly flattered."

"You aren't upset that I asked," he said.

"No, and I hope you aren't upset that I had to said no." After he left I said, "Nice kid."

"Horny devil," Mike suggested.

"Well we need to get back, so the second shift can get out to eat," I suggested.

Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES