Mia Mine Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Awfully presumptuous of you there big boy," teased Mia, "but yes, it could certainly help the whole scenario we are going to be trying to portray. By the way, you don't think I am a chicken for not wanting to be a spokesperson for transgendered people do you?"

"No, not at all, that would be a life changing ordeal, that would certainly have the prospect of consuming your whole life. I know, in all honesty, I would be jealous of the time you would probably have to spend away from me. I wasn't going to mention this dark thought, but this is the city where Harvey Milk got killed for voicing his convictions. Granted, it has been many years and a lot of things have changed, but I don't want to even think of losing you. It has taken me so long to find you!"

Mia smiled as she looked at David's profile as he drove. She loved how he seemed to get right to the point when they spoke. She was looking forward to hearing more about the part of his life he hadn't shared with her. Wanted to hear about his children, his rock band experience, and the acoustic music she heard on the car stereo. She knew his little hint of the fiancé thing was a heartfelt idea in him. She was so glad to hear him say it out loud, for it had been on her mind as well, so to hear him say it, made her whole body ache for him, yet at the same time be filled with that warmth and safety he seemed to be able to exude to her.

"Oh! I have a surprise for you when we get into San Francisco. My mother is going to pick us up and stay with us at my condo while we are going through this. I called her last night while you were asleep and we had a great talk. I think she would be able to offer advice on how to best deal with my father, and she is excited beyond herself to meet you."

"That sounds fun, meeting the mother after being together for five days!"

Mia playfully slapped his shoulder, and he pretended it made him loose control and he swerved the car a bit, after checking the mirrors first, then righted it quickly. They both laughed and got back to talking about the plan.

David was still very concerned about her father. He didn't trust him at all, and had a feeling that once he was told he was not going to get any money, and what he was going to get was a trip to the clinck, he would probably find a way to have his information leaked. He knew it would be a he said she said between a probably close to homeless father who deserted his family with no support, and a highly respected business owner of a very successful international business concern. Yet all this still nagged at him, for he knew some factions of the media would still press and ask questions. They would put their research divisions hard at work to dig up any and everything about both of their pasts. He was a bit worried about how this type of interference into their lives would affect them. He hated the thought of having microphones thrust at him, with video camera blasting him, and some hungry upstart newsperson asking inane and unsupported questions. It seemed these factions of the media didn't want the real story, but the story that would create the biggest splash. He mentioned all this to Mia, but by that time he was pulling into the long term parking area so they had to put that conversation on hold too.

They parked and got all their stuff loaded into the shuttle to take them to the airport. It was a very short trip, and soon they were dropped off in front of their airlines entrance into SeaTac. They had both packed so efficiently, they did not need to check in any luggage so they zoomed easily through to the security checkpoint. As David had done very little traveling since the change in airport security, he still had a tough time taking off his shoes, and belt, and dropping all his pocket stuff into the little bowl. He always worried about his tablet even though they said it wouldn't be harmed.

They made it through security in pretty good time, so they took the train to the North concourse where their flight was scheduled to load. Once they arrived at the gate, they were pleased to see their flight was still running on schedule, and that they would be arriving in San Francisco before one in the afternoon. They were a bit early, so they decided to walk around the concourse area for a while to stretch their legs after the hour drive and before the two hour flight. They held hands and talked like lovers do, and then they became quiet, enjoying the feeling of just being with each other.

Finally, they heard the announcement that their flight was boarding and made it back over to their gate. They boarded and got into their seats. David was amazed at how flying had changed into something akin to a crowded bus ride now. It had been quite a few years since he had flown and he couldn't help being a bit excited. Even with the tough situation they were facing ahead, he still felt a bit of what he felt as a child, and found himself still looking forward to that feeling, with eyes closed, as the jet took off and became airborne.

Mia looked over and could see the childlike look on David's face and smiled and reached for his hand. They sat quietly for a bit, just holding hands. Neither felt like discussing the problem that awaited them on the plane. It was quite crowded and not very conducive to heart to heart discussions.

David broke the ice and told Mia of when he was a very small boy and his Aunt was a stewardess "Yes long before they became flight attendants, that's what they were called."

He remembered how much fun it was when he got taken along to help pick her up when she flew in. Back in the days when families and loved ones could actually go out to the gates and see their loved one walking down the open aired roll up stairs. He remembered jumping up and down and yelling, "There she is," and how she would look up and see him waving, and wave back. He remembered how proud he was when she came running to give him a hug and then walking with him and holding his hand. He remembered how beautiful she looked in her uniform. Mia smiled at his story and tried to picture her man as a five year old excited to see his stewardess Aunt.

Mia suddenly felt a little sad, sad that she had no cute little stories about her childhood. She tried hard but she couldn't come up with such a carefree moment to relay. She just remembered strife and problems, then the emptiness after her father left, and how hard it was for her mother to try to give them just the necessities, let alone a 'good' life. She was so glad now, that she was able to take care of her mother. She was a proud woman, and refused to stop teaching, but Mia finally convinced her to let her buy her house and supplement the relatively meager small college professor's salary. Mia had complained that it was the least she could do to try to repay her mother for all the hardships she had endured trying to help them survive, and to help with Mia's transformation process.

Just as she finished that thought, Mia's head slumped onto David's shoulder; she closed her eyes, and actually fell asleep for the rest of the short flight.

* * *

David enjoyed the closeness and the trust for her to fall asleep on his shoulder. He knew it was a big step for her, and felt so good that they had become so close. He started wondering how the whole thing would transpire once they got into it. He wondered if a couple threatening emails were enough evidence to press charges against Mia's father. He wondered what meeting Mia's mother would be like. He wondered how he would be able to deal with all the events that could possibly drag him in to situations he had no experience in. He then shook his head and told himself to stop all the wondering, and to just be ready for whatever happened.

They announced the descent into the San Francisco-Oakland area, which woke Mia up. She sat up and asked, "How long was I asleep?"

"You slept through the entire last half of the flight. How do you feel?"

"A bit groggy and confused. I don't normally take naps during the day and I feel a bit flaky right now."

"Well, you are one beautiful flake, and once we get up and start moving I bet you start snapping out of it. Plus we're going to see your mother, I am looking forward to that. I have a lot of admiration for the woman who had such an important role in helping you become the wondrous woman you are."

Mia smiled and kissed David. They waited for the time to get up, take their carry-ons out of the bins, and get started to deplane. They walked briskly into the airport and headed to the pickup area. As they walked through the doors, Mia spotted her mother's car right away and dropped David's hand and began to run. David followed as closely as he could, but then gave mother and daughter some space for the tearful hugs. As he stepped closer to the trunk of the car Mia finally let go of her mother, took her hand and brought her over to David, smiling broadly.

"David, this wonderful woman is my mother, Christine Shaw; Mom, this is David."

David liked her at first glance. She was a tiny woman, with almost birdlike frailness, but a strength that exuded from her poise, grace, and wonderful smile. He could certainly see where Mia got her beauty from, as well as the poise, grace, and that smile that melted him the first time he saw it, and ever since.

David reached out to shake Christine's hand, but she moved past his hand and gave him a huge hug. David fought the urge to pick her up, she was so tiny, so he remained bent almost completely over to hug this small joyous being. She reached her face over to his and planted a very loud and exaggerated kiss on his cheek.

"No handshakes for your future Mother-in-law, we hug and kiss! I am so glad to finally meet you, Mia has told me so many wonderful things about the man of her dreams."

"Well, Ms. Shaw..."

"Christine, please," Christine smiled as she interrupted.

"Ok, Christine, I am so glad and honored to finally meet you. I have heard such wonderful things about you, I feel like I already know and love you."

Christine blushed, "Oh my! Thank you David, oh Mia I can see why everything you told me about this man is true. I am so very happy for you two I could just dance!"

Mia's eyes began to water as she watched her mother and her man getting to know each other. "Let's get this show on the road," she said and got into the front passenger seat. David held the driver's door open for Christine who giggled at his manners. As she sat and David closed the door, he went into the back seat.

"Everyone buckled in and ready?" Christine asked.

"Yes Mom, we are buckled and ready for you to get us to my condo."

*****

Chapter 8, soon to follow

12