Mike and Mary Tree

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
PTBzzzz
PTBzzzz
596 Followers

I had almost shut it off when the phone beeped to announce a message. It was from Mary. I took the call and listened to what she had to say. She thanked us for the call and was glad that we loved her and even more glad that I would not die any time soon. That she had been to a doctor who did some tests and he was sure it was depression. When the test results were back she would let us know. I let Billie listen to the message too. As I was shutting the phone down it beeped again, I had to turn it back on to find a text message saying "thnks 4 the b t ful pic lv M". I told Billie what she said, Billie was happy and so was I. We started back down the mountain.

That evening we had canned beef stew, you can't go camping without it. I let Billie open the can and heat it on our little stove, with a lot of supervision. That meal was the best I ever ate. After the meal we plugged my laptop into the car and looked at our pictures. By the time we finished we were tired, we cleaned up and went to sleep.

The next day was rainy and cool; we read stories, played games and decided to go into town for lunch. While there I saw some stuffed bears, I bought a smaller one, with a red ribbon, for Billie and a larger one, with a blue ribbon, for Mary. Billie slept with both that night.

Our vacation was over the next day, we were both sad to leave. I promised we would come back with Mommy one day and all walk to the top of our mountain. We talked more as we drove home, Billie wondered how long until "Mommy came home". Sadly I told her I did not know.

While we were gone Mary had come by the house, she got a few more clothes and left her test results and a framed copy of the picture we had sent her. Billie wanted the picture hung over her dresser so she could see it from her bed. It was done.

The test results and written explanation by the doctor showed that Mary was having a slight chemical imbalance, but with the correct medicine she would recover and then be able to slowly come back off of it. The doctor seemed to think it was related to some sort of worries she had. He did not go into detail about that. Mary also left a note for me and one for Billie.

Billie's note told her how she was the most wonderful daughter in the world and that she missed her terribly. Mommy wanted to come and pick her up after nursery school one day and let her stay with her overnight.

The note to me said how much better she was feeling, that she missed me most of all and wanted to get together at a restaurant nearby for lunch on Tuesday next week. She gave the name and time and that she would be there, I was to call only if I could not make it. We could discuss when Billie would stay over at that time. I would crawl back through Hell to be sure that I would not miss that meeting.

Monday I took Billie to nursery school and went to work. Everybody had things well in control and they were glad that I was back. I spent the time printing out Billie's pictures from the trip and making a CD of all of the pictures for Mary. I put Billie's at the end with a special slide to announce who's those pictures were. Tuesday Morning I dropped Billie off again and went to work. Unknown to Billie I also Packed a bag for her, making sure her bear was inside. I wrapped Mary's bear as a gift and put the CD copies of Billie's prints in an envelope.

I was worthless at work, they told me to get out so I would be sure to be on time for my date. I drove slowly that morning wondering, - no - really I was worrying, about how our date would go and what we would say.

I arrived at our destination about a half hour early, and waited in the lot for Mary. She arrived 15 minuets early, but did not see the car so she went in to get settled for our date. She was so pretty. As I approached her table she stood up and gave me the best hug ever, then we sat down. I was more nervous than hungry; she looked like she had a lot to say and was eager to say it. We ordered and she began.

She was sorry for the last week we were together, she understands now how difficult she was to live with. Mary almost cried when she told me how much she missed the 2 of us, she had to stop multiple times so she could avoid crying. She was so grateful for the 2 messages on her phone; she saved them and listens to them each night before she goes to sleep. She loved the picture and printed a copy to hang on the wall over her desk. She cried when I told her that Billie took that picture especially for her. The doctor was certain that he knew what her problem was and she felt better than she had in a long time. She was afraid to return yet; because she wanted to be sure of everything. But, -- there had to be a but -- didn't there? But, when she was at the house she had the same feeling of being watched, it bothered her. She reminded me about the time I was in recovery when Billie Howard stayed with her, how could I have forgotten. I told her we could move if it made her feel better, she did not like that idea, she didn't say no.

We talked for over 2 hours about everything and then some. As we were getting ready to leave I told her I had some things in the car for her. She looked like she was not sure if she should be happy or not, I assured her they were good things.

On the way to the car I asked when she would like to have Billie visit her, she said "The sooner the better". The first bag I handed her was Billie's clothes, when she looked inside she got a funny look on her face. I said "How about tonight and tomorrow?" She hugged me until I started to turn blue; I presume that is a yes.

Next she got the envelope, I was glad she knew it was all good stuff. You know what else comes in that size envelope. She saw the photos, as she looked at them she said they were lovely, and then I told her who took them. As she cried again I told her what was on the CD, she did not stop for a while. She asked about the photo with Billie sleeping with 2 bears. I told her about the rainy day and our trip into town and Billie insisting on sleeping with both bears that night, as I handed her the gift.

She squealed when she saw what it was. I got another of the world's best hugs. Before she let me go I gave her a kiss on the cheek. Next I got out my cell phone and called the nursery to tell them that Billie's Mommy would pick her up the next 2 evenings and drop her off again in the mornings. I asked them not to tell her that I was not going to pick her up. As she headed for her car, Mary turned and smiled and told me I was mean and I told her to call me when she wanted to get together. That night I still slept in the little bedroom.

When I arrived for work on Wednesday Steve told me he was glad that everything went well yesterday. I guess that I must have really looked happy. I did a lot of work to make up for the previous day, in fact I worked so hard that there was nothing left to do so I went home early.

My property is surrounded on 3 sides by public roads; the only other border is a large creek. As I was driving on the road behind the house I saw a car parked off of the road, it looked like someone was trying to hide it. I turned around, went back and got the license number as I drove by. I called the sheriff and asked him to check it out; he was nearby and told me he would look into it in about 5 minutes. I turned around again and headed home.

I pulled into my drive and parked in the open shed like I always do. Something was not right; Stripe was out of her pen and running back and forth wildly around the front porch. I called the sheriff who was just about to look at the car I had found. He turned and headed toward the house. I approached the porch from a side where I knew I could not be seen. Stripe was having fun with a guy who was cowering under my steps. Every time he tried to move Stripe would lunge at him, as long as he was not stupid he would be fine. The sheriff was there immediately. I was not worried about him because he and Stripe were real good friends, since he was called often while I was in Hell. When he was ready I called Stripe to her pen, scratched her ears and praised her for a good job done. The guy crawled out from under the porch, holding his hands high. Sheriff cuffed him and sat him on the steps.

When both the sheriff and I got a good look we started to laugh. That man was filthy, covered in dirt and spider webs, there were scratches all over and a bite had removed one pants leg below the knee. That was about the time I remembered that I had not put Stripe in her pen this morning, she had been in the house. I started to circle the house and found the back door open and a window in it was broken, Stripe had done well. By the time I got back around front the sheriff had the guys name, it was his car parked behind my place. I asked him if he tried to go into my house, he did not need to answer I could read his face. A tow truck was called to collect his car, state police sent a crime lab and a deputy took him in for booking and interrogation. I would find out later that he attended classes with Mary. He had a real crush on her, but she was in love with me by that time and did not have time for anyone else. He had been coming around since he saw her picture in the paper when I was injured. He wanted her back, but then he never had her in the first place. I never wanted to be a hero.

Mary allowed Billie to call me and say good night that evening Billie was ecstatic about being with her Mommy; she must have thanked me a hundred times. The night before they had fallen asleep, early, in each others arms. I asked Mary to call back after she put Billie to bed; I had some news to share.

Mary called back about an hour later; it took her that long to get Billie to go to sleep. I told her about the guy and all the excitement. She did not even recognize the name.

We went a dinner date 2 weeks later, Mary said she wanted to come home for a weekend to see how she felt. That weekend we both tucked Billie into bed, Mary no longer felt like she was being watched, she insisted that we sleep together in our bedroom. 3 days later we were a family again.

The next time I saw Steve at work he told me that Mary had been completely faithful while we were separated. A buddy of his from The Corps worked in the same office as Mary and he had a friend who lived across from her apartment. The only places Mary went were to work, the doctor and to see me. I still don't know if I want to kick Steve or hug him.

When Mary's stalker went to court she got to see who he was, he looked vaguely familiar but that was all. Mary told the court that we would agree to a misdemeanor charge of trespassing if he would move far away and never come back. He apologized for his actions and said he had a job offer from a company on the west coast, but he needed a clean criminal record to take it. He was fined $600, and the cost of the court and paid to repair the glass in our door, and had a restraining order placed against him so that he could not come within 1000 feet of our family or contact us without permission. Each year he, and his new wife, send us a Christmas card via the court.

Billie brought me in for Show And Tell her first month in Kindergarten; she told how I was a hero. I still don't feel like a hero, all I wanted to do was live.

We are more in love than ever before, we do not take it for granted either. Once a month we have a date night, sometimes Billie gets to come along, but not too often. Next year we will go to the lake and all climb that mountain.

9 months after Mary came back Billie became a big sister. The boy will be blind by the time he is 3. Billie takes his picture all the time with the camera she got for Christmas.

We named our boy after my Dad and Mary's father. His name is James James..., you guess which one is honored first.


I wrote this story because I feel that if I am going to comment on your stories, then you should be able to comment on mine.

Remember these stories are written from a male perspective, I have never been a female so I can only write from what I know.

This was my first attempt at writing a story. It evolved into much more than I anticipated at the beginning. I realize that I missed a few items that should have been caught, like all the dates in the1st chapter.

At the end of the 2nd chapter I missed making the reference more precise about the aunt being Mary's. That reference is a carry over from all of the other statements about Mary's aunt; smiling, being happy and so forth in the first story. I have learned a lot from this set of efforts.

About the titles; I grew up in a house where both parents were capable of intellectually abusing the English language. Well, that and my warped sense of humor caused me too do it.

I submitted all of the stories without additional editing so I could get a feeling for how "I" actually did. Over all I am pleased with the responses and acceptance of my thoughts. There have been differences of opinion between some readers, but, whatever you want to make of this is fine by me. I might get more editing if I submit any more. I hope you can see improvement from one to another of the chapters.

I do not care for stories where spouses cheat, or show disrespect. My thought is that if you make a promise you should follow up and do what you said you would do, or get out of the relationship.

Will Mike and Mary have future? If I am inspired to do more they might. I promise the readers here will be the first to know.

I am rolling some ideas around in my brain for a story I might put into non-consent. Those ideas will be in keeping with my preferences and beliefs in right and wrong.

Feel free to comment on the stories or the comments; just don't go to any great lengths to prove that you ARE a fool.

Best wishes to all of the other authors that try to write a good story, if I don't like your story I usually won't comment. If I see something that may help you I will try to point it out gently. As I find more and more authors that inspire me I will list them in my profile.

Thanks

PTBzzzz

PTBzzzz
PTBzzzz
596 Followers
12