Mistakes

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Kimani muttered an, "I wish I were," as she poured a cup of joe.

Kilani looked at her sister warily. She had never seen Kimani so broken before and was angered that Harrison had hurt her so. "Mani, what happened?"

Kimani sighed and took a sip of coffee. When she had downed half the cup Kimani looked up to find Kilani still awaiting an answer.

"Harrison is cheating on me." She said calmly.

Kilani was shocked. She knew that Kimani and Harrison had problems but she couldn't believe he would go to that extreme.

"How do you know?"

Kimani took another sip before answering, "His mistress called."

"What?!" Kilani yelled. "This cannot be real. Who would be stupid enough to do that? Didn't he tell her you were crazy?"

Kimani just shook her head. "I guess not."

"What'd she say?"

"Well, she called and asked for him then I asked who was calling and she told me her name. And I told her Harrison didn't know anyone by that name and she laughed before saying of course he did because she was his girlfriend."

Kilani threw her hand over her mouth and Kimani nodded her head before continuing,

"Yep, his girlfriend. So I asked if she knew who I was and she said yes, I was his housekeeper. Yeah, she said that Harrison had told her that his phone would be off and that she could reach him at that number and if a woman picked up it was just the help."

"No."

"Mmm huh. So I politely informed her that I was not the help but I was indeed his wife of seven years and the mother of his child. And you know what this bitch said to me?"

Kilani shook her head and Kimani put down her cup.

"This bitch had the nerve to say, 'So?'" Kimani could feel her anger building as she spoke, "So, Kilani! She said So! She didn't give a damn. Didn't have an ounce of remorse. She went on to say that they were together and had been together for a while and would be even after our little conversation. So I hung up in her face before I said something I could regret."

"Damn, Mani what did Harrison say?"

Kimani rolled her eyes. "His dumb ass denied it all, then tried to flip it on me, saying I was breaking our foundation with my insecurities, and I would've believed him too if he hadn't left dinner and gone to be with her."

"Mmph, what the hell Mani? Then how'd you and Amir end up over here?"

"Well, he had been gone hours and I decided I was gone find his ass. So I used the tracking app I secretly placed on his phone, got his location, dropped Amir off with you, and went over to her place. She opened the door in a red silk robe, talking about I almost woke her man. So I punched her in the face and kept hitting until Harrison pulled me off. Then I slapped the shit out of him and asked for a divorce."

"Mani no! Are you sure?"

Hell no. Kimani thought to herself. In spite of everything he had done she still loved him with all of her being. They had been together since they're junior year in college and had gotten married right after graduation.

Seven years and a baby later and she still loved him the same way she had back then. Would she really let one mistake erase almost ten years together?

"Yeah, I'm sure Lani." Kimani said sadly.

If she let him get away with this it would set the precedent for the rest of their lives. She had a son to think about. What would she be teaching Amir if she just let Harrison disrespect and devalue her? She knew. She would be teaching him that women deserved less and there were no consequences for his actions and she'd be damned I'd she raised her son to have that mindset. Amir came in the room then and jumped in her lap. "Mommy, where Daddy? He still lost?" Kimani broke down in tears. She felt Amir's tiny hands wiping her face. "Don't cry mommy. We find Daddy. Is okay." Kimani held Amir tight and kissed him on the forehead. Everything would be okay.

12