Moonlit Visitor Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Carl didn't say anything he only nodded his head. Sam left the room and decided he needed a change of scenery. Plus he didn't want to have to watch all the housewives of his little suburban neighborhood talk about his wife's murder. He climbed into his car and started it up. He was going to set up for his mate's burial, but he needed to make sure his little apartment was still open.

It had taken a couple of years for Sam to start dating again. But he wasn't looking to replace Margaret; he was just trying to find someone to make him forget for a while. He came across Sabrina and Alice in the diner on a full moon morning. Sam was out just enjoying a cup of coffee, the waitress was trying to flirt every which way. When Sabrina and Alice came in through Sam was attracted to that faint but familiar scent of Jasmine. But when he got closer to them he looked to Alice, she not only had the scent of Jasmine but there was another faint scent of a wolf on her. Sam recalled the scent and his heart must have jumped a mile a minute. He could have praised the young woman for finally giving Dante a reason to solo with one person, but the more he rethought it there had been other women who came to the diner that had Dante's scent.

Of course it was never intended that Sam would soon start dating Sabrina but he asked if he could pay for their breakfast. They both accepted but Alice was a tad bit leery on it until Sabrina pushed for it. They both sat on the other side of the booth from him, Alice favored the window and Sabrina sat on the outside. He made mental notes on both women; Sabrina enjoyed her coffee and talked quite a bit. She was the adventurous type he could tell by her arms and the way she acted. But Alice drank tea and it wasn't a highly caffeinated tea, it was one that was meant for calming and soothing purposes. She was very secluded and quiet which sparked more interest in Sam. This was not the normal type of woman Dante was attracted to. Normally Dante would have chosen Sabrina over Alice but the more he tried to see the reasons the more he wanted to go to the forest.

Throughout the meal he kept glancing over at Alice whose attention was not on the conversation but outside and upwards. He tried to look at the same direction and saw the moon was placed in the center of the sky. This puzzled Sam a bit because Alice didn't smell like a Were, he had known she was a human but this huge attraction towards the moon she had was a bit off. So Sam decided to say something about it.

"She's beautiful isn't she?" He spoke stopping Sabrina mid sentence of her conversation. Alice looked over at him; he saw her green eyes locking him in place. "Mother Luna praises the children of the night. But perhaps she praises you as well." He spoke again now having her attention, Sam wasn't attracted to her. Yes she reminded him of Margaret in a way but there wasn't much he could consider else. He looked at her from another point of view. It was one of a brotherly sort of feeling which made Sam relax more around her.

When Alice didn't answer and turned her attention back outside the window Sam let it go. She was elsewhere and he could tell this, he glanced down to see she had a wedding ring on her finger. This puzzled him a bit more. After the meal had finished Sabrina had caught Sam once Alice stepped outside of the diner. She explained that Alice was going through a divorce at the time and had been this way since she had moved in. This made Sam relax last thing he wanted for Dante was to have the husband coming after him in a jealous rage.

So each full moon Sam made it appoint to meet up with these two women. Alice eventually took to him and started to join in on the conversations but before the fifth full moon he got a surprise at his doorstep. It was an early that morning; Sam was getting ready for his meeting with the girls filled with excitement. Him and Sabrina had become close but not close to where he considered her for a mate. A knock at his door stopped him in his tracks. He hadn't had any appointments as far as he knew. But he wasn't about to be caught off guard. He walked over to a small cabinet and opened it. From there he pulled a small pistol that had six bullets in it. Since Margaret's death he wasn't risking any chances there was a reason she was targeted and if it was to get to him well they were going to have a surprise. He placed the gun carefully behind his back in the waistband of his jeans. The knock came again, this time it was rushed like the person was getting irritated. He moved his shirt to drape over the gun concealing it.

Now that he was ready he made his way to the door. He didn't bother with the little hole that was on the door. Fidgeting with the locks the knock came again, whoever this was they better either be a real threat or have something real important to tell him. When he pulled the door open and got a good look at the person his jaw dropped. There stood a shirtless Dante who looked pissed off to no extent. But what shocked Sam the most was that he was human.

"Dante you broke the curse." Sam stepped to the side so that Dante could walk into the room. He watched his brother who looked like he needed a good shave. "Wait you broke the curse but how?" He asked slamming the door shut half forgetting about the locks. Dante didn't answer him but he found one of Sam's shirts that were buried in the couch that Sam forgot to wash. Sam recalled that he had worn it last month to breakfast and had given Alice a hug that night. 'Shit!' Sam thought taking a step back as he watched Dante pick up the shirt. Alice's scent was all over that shirt and Dante knew it. Dante swung around to face Sam rage was streaming on his face.

"You took her from me." Dante growled at Sam. Sam had never seen him like this but in a way this was a good thing. This was a good sign that Sam needed, if he was reacting this way then that meant Alice was his brother's mate. But this didn't help Sam's current position, he needed to think of something and fast.

"Dante....take a deep breath and have a seat I really need to talk to you." This didn't help within seconds Dante had pinned Sam to the wall, being in his hybrid form and in the forest for two years had benefited him. He was in the best shape of his life and now was pissed off this meant more trouble than Sam needed. "Dante..." Dante's hand pressed against Sam's throat as Sam had done the night Margaret had died to him.

"Give me one good reason I shouldn't rip your throat out and then go to find her. I have been worried sick about my Alice. And I come to see you for help in finding her, only to find one of your shirts with her scent all over her." Dante whispered harshly at Sam placing more pressure on Sam's throat. Another realization took over Dante's face that made him take Sam by the throat dragging him away from the door only to slam him harder against it. "You slept with her didn't you!" Dante's voice now boomed through Sam's small apartment.

Sam needed to get a hold of the situation before things got worse. The gun was knocking against his spine if Dante did another throw into the door Sam's tail bone might get fractured. Which since he was a Were it would heal but still he didn't want to deal with the pain. Sam moved to take hold of Dante's hand and started to force it from his throat. He was trying to get out of this position. Though Sam didn't look it he had a lot of strength more than Dante did. He landed on his feet gasping for air, still holding Dante's arm. He wasn't going to let him pin him against the door again. Dante's other hand came swinging at Sam, with a swift movement Sam took hold of that one. Giving a push he forced Dante away from him backing him up till Dante fell back onto the floor.

Now that Dante was on the ground this gave Sam a good few moments to catch his breath. "I didn't sleep with her you fucking idiot." Sam growled out at Dante, he was surprised at how fit Dante was. But he needed to asses this situation before Dante got up again. "She's a friend of mine Dante; I am sort of dating her roommate." Sam stopped again to catch his breath; he could tell Dante was coming to a realization. His hand pointed back at the shirt on the couch. "I gave her a fucking hug, if I had known you were going to show up on my door and act this way I wouldn't have. Now go get dressed and we're going to talk."

Now Sam was in the position where he had to make sure that Dante and Alice got together. His eyes looked up at Sabrina and shook his head in disapproval. He had taken the fact that she was witch into consideration but knew she didn't practice her craft enough to do sacrifices. So he looked past it so that he could keep an eye on Alice. He made another step towards her.

"I think you need to tell Alice the truth Sabrina. It's not fair to her that she can't keep the memories that make her happy." Sam spoke with such calmness it was almost shocking. If it were Dante he would be yelling to the point that the neighbors would hear it and probably would be calling the cops. He looked down to see the notebook on the floor open to the memory spell. He picked it up and threw it on the bed behind him to ensure she didn't get her hands on it.

"No she doesn't need to be with that arrogant fuck. She can get better, sorry Dante is just a pathetic prick that will use her the same way Jake did." A small smile on her face came upon her face as if she were enjoying this very thought. "Besides why should I let her be with him when you won't be with me? I love you Sam and everything is so perfect between us. Mate with me and I will consider it."

This seemed all too familiar and Sabrina had too large of hate for Dante for someone who had just met him. Things weren't connecting right and this was where Sam needed to straighten it all out. "Sabrina I won't mate with you for the simple fact I don't feel the same way about you. Plus if I mate again it will be with someone that I know is meant for me. Plus you wouldn't make a good alpha bitch. But I can't help but wonder why do you hate my brother so much?"

The term brother must have caught Sabrina off guard because shock came over her face. "He's your brother?" She asked but she shook her head coming back to the thought that he said mate again. "Why won't you mate with me? I can prove myself to be better than that blonde bitch..." She stopped mid sentence. Sam had never told her about Margaret so why did she know about her. He took a step towards her but something flew past him. It was a shoe; it missed Sabrina and slammed against the wall. He turned to see Alice sitting up on the bed tears streaming down her face. She was awake, how much did she hear about this conversation. He looked to see the flower and the notebook in her lap. Oh this was going to be a lovely conversation.

Alice had woken from a peaceful sleep to find both Sam and Sabrina in her room. They looked to be in a heated argument, she was about to tell them to take it to another room when she heard Sam refer to her. Something about keeping her memories from her, this made Alice question something. She went to raise her hand and found a flower in it. It was a morning glory one of the flowers that Alice recalled Sabrina grew tons of. The coloration was a deep blue; she took note of something sitting on the bed. She reached for it and read what was written down. There were specific instructions of what to do with the flower and what the effect was. It suppressed specific memories to the belief that they were all dreams. A shocked look over came her face till she heard Sabrina mention Dante's name. Now this was starting to make sense how Dante knew her name. But pieces weren't fitting and Alice wanted answers. She reached for one of her shoes and tossed it making sure it hit the wall. She now had their attention sadly tears had already started pouring down her face.

"Now that I have your attention someone better start explaining what the fuck is going on here." She spoke her voice very calm but if she didn't get her answers her calmness wouldn't last.

"He was trying to break into the house and I was trying to protect you." Sabrina quickly scrambled for words. Alice knew it was a lie so she grabbed her other shoe and threw it at Sabrina who in turn jumped to the side. "Hey what was that for." Sabrina practically whimpered now.

Alice slid her way off the bed standing at her normal five foot two height. Her hair was a mess and had come out of the bun in her sleep. She shook the little bit of sleep that had remained in her and looked at Sabrina. She held the notebook and the flower in the hand half wondering what to throw next at the person who lied to her. "What the fuck is going on and don't lie to me."

"I told you he was trying to break..." Sabrina started to say again.

"I'm not asking why you're in my fucking room. I'm talking about this." She threw the notebook on the floor making sure that Sabrina saw it. "You've been fucking with me while I sleep taking prized memories from me. What did you do Sabrina?"

When Sabrina didn't answer it pushed Alice to the limit she dropped the flower and walked over to where Sabrina was. Her hand coming to meet with Sabrina's cheek knocking her to the side. But Alice was too upset to stop there. She took hold of Sabrina by the arms and threw her against the wall.

"Answer me...I trusted you when I moved out here and now I find out you've taken things from me. You're going to answer my questions or so help me go Sabrina I will land you in the hospital. I took my husband's betrayal and him taking my home from me but I will not take you hiding things from me. Now answer me." Alice's voice held no more kindness in it. She had taken blows from every direction and had taken them a lot better than most anticipated. But Sabrina didn't answer it was clear that she wasn't going to give Alice her answers.

She let go of Sabrina and let her fall to the ground but not before smacking her again. She walked over to pick up the notebook; she gave a firm look to Sam that said back off. Sam only took a step back from her and let her do as she pleased. She picked up her heels and walked out of the room. She knew Sam was behind her by a foot or two. She stopped before making it to the front door putting her shoes on.

"Alice, where are you going?" Sam asked her placing his hand on her shoulder.

She turned to face him tears still streaming down her face. "I need to see the one person who knows more than I do. She's not going to give me the answers I want but I would recommend staying away from her. You're too good for her Sam. You need someone who doesn't hide things from you."

Sam smiled hearing Alice say that, she was definitely good for Dante. Even though he had seen the passive side of her the entire time that he knew her but this was a good sign. She was tired of everything that had happened to her. And the fact that she found out Sabrina had done something to her memories, but something questioned in Sam.

"You're not as surprised as I thought you would be to find out your friend is a witch." He stated removing his hand from her shoulder. Alice looked at him like she was reconsidering the thought she gave a shrug.

"Honestly I am too but something inside of me tells me that I have seen something similar that is comforting. Plus I kind of already knew. And her mom is old fashioned and believes that witches shouldn't have to hide from everyone. I recall a few nights when I was younger seeing some strange things." She answered him, which made sense to him in a way.

So she was a human who was exposed to the supernatural world in more ways than one. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a piece of paper with a scribbled address on it. Dante had made a request that if he spent the night with Sabrina he would slip Alice the address to the apartment. Now was the best time especially if she didn't want to come back to Sabrina's. Alice took the piece of folded paper and looked up at him.

"Just in case you need a place to sleep and don't worry you will be safe. There's a key under the doormat and a room with an extra bathroom for you." He spoke half knowing that if she goes there that the place she ends up might be in Dante's room.

Alice nodded her head and turned to walk out of the house slamming the door behind her. This was definitely going to be a good night. Even though Sam wanted to squeeze answers out of Sabrina about how she knew about Margaret, he needed to cool down. His wolf needed a good run, he made his way out the door to see his prowler there just waiting for him. He was going to go to the forest for a good run.

12