More than Bedside Manner

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Liz was just returning from her rounds when she noticed Shane sitting alone in front of the television. Cocking her head to the side she watched with interest. Shane never ceased to amaze her, or throw her for a loop. She truly seemed dejected...or was it sadness? Shaking her head, she decided to allow her feet to pull her in the direction that her heart wanted to go. Unceremoniously, she plopped down on the chair recently vacated by Jake. "Hi."

Shane pushed her chair in Liz's direction and smiled with genuine affection. Her eyes were sparkling with the feeling, yet again managing to surprise the previously unimpressionable doctor. "Hi."

"So, what are you doing here all alone? Don't you have someone to hit on?" Liz asked teasingly, playfully slapping her thigh.

Shane's smile turned into a predatory grin. "Nah. You weren't around."

Liz couldn't stop the slight blush that colored her fair cheeks. "Do you do that on purpose, or is it that I'm just an easy target?"

"I do that on purpose and yes, you're a pretty easy target." Shane chuckled when her thigh was slapped a little harder. "Ow, hey...You're a doctor, you're not supposed to be hurting your patients."

"Yes well, there are a lot of things I'm not supposed to be doing.." Liz mumbled quietly.

Shane narrowed her eyes. "I'm wearing you down, aren't I?"

Liz bit her lip to keep from laughing out loud. "You are so full of it, you know that?"

"I'd like to be full of something alright." It was just too easy to ignore.

"Oh God, Shane..." Liz simply shook her head, getting ready to leave.

"Now that's something I'd like to hear in a different intonation..."

"Ugh, you're impossible." Liz got up and left, but she was unable to wipe the smile off her face.

Shane spent some more time in front of the TV, watching the news only half interested. People watching was one of her favorite activities and sitting idly in the hospital allowed her much time to indulge in that pleasure. People came and went into the ward; patients, their families, visitors or personnel. But no one ever came for her. She knew the thought was ridiculous since she had no one who could visit, but a sense of unrequited longing refused to leave her heart. Stilling herself against the oncoming pain, she drew a deep breath, putting the mask back in place. There was a chink in her armor and she couldn't possibly let anyone know.

But someone did know, or at least, had found out. After Liz left Shane to her devices, she went to the nurses' station. Grabbing onto the first nurse in sight, she pulled her aside and asked quietly, "Pam, can you check something for me?"

All of the nurses liked the young doctor and were ready to do her bidding, as long as they didn't have anything else important to do. "Sure doctor. What do you need?"

"I need you to check Shane Olson's file for any family or contacts. Did the hospital notify anyone about her condition and whereabouts?"

"Sure thing. Give me one second." Pam went to the file cabinet and pulled out Shane's file. Quickly browsing through it, she found the necessary information. "Nope, there's no one listed."

Liz chewed her lip in thought. "I see. Alright, thanks Pam."

Walking back to her office, Liz contemplated the situation. Shane was apparently alone, and for whatever reason, Liz felt compelled to keep the woman company. She felt a strange sort of attraction when it came to the tall brunette. Admittedly, Shane was extremely attractive and charming, but she was a patient and therefore, out of the question. But there was something else, something more about her that drove Liz insane. Her insides were roiling with so many questions that ethical debates were practically oozing out of her ears. She had to do something and soon, or she would truly go mad. The question was, what?

A knock on her office door startled her out of her musings. "Yes?"

A fellow resident, Doctor Michael Jermaine confidently walked in. There weren't many people that Liz despised, but Michael topped that short list. As he walked in and sat down in front of her, she could feel her skin begin to crawl. Brushing her hands rapidly along her forearms, she asked, "Is there something you need, Michael?"

A lascivious grin appeared on the handsome face, "Yeah, but you already knew that, didn't you?"

Liz smiled coldly, "I have no idea what you're talking about. So, if you'll excuse me, I have some work to do."

Michael's grin slowly changed into a snarl, "It seems that for that patient of yours you always have plenty of time, but when it comes to me having to speak to you, you're swamped with work. How do you explain that, doctor?"

"Well, as you said, she is my patient. And you, are simply bothering me." She didn't have the patience to deal with Michael at the moment and couldn't wait to see him out the door.

Liz could see his teeth grinding as he slowly stood up, towering over her desk. "How dare you..." Before he could finish the sentence, there was a short, rapid knock on the door and then it creaked open. Shane's head pushed through the crack and looked suspiciously around. "Hey Doc, sorry to bother you, but I'm not feeling very well..." She left the sentence hanging.

"If you don't mind, we're kind of in the middle of something here. Go back to your room and call the nurse if you need something," Michael said rudely.

Liz slapped her hand on the wooden table, making both Shane and Michael jump in surprise. "How dare you? That is my patient and you have no right to talk to her like that. If someone is going to leave, it is you," she said vehemently.

Michael stared at her wide-eyed. She had never had the guts to speak to him quite like that. Practically seething, he lowered his tone, "This isn't over by a long shot." Straightening, he turned on his heels and left the room, glaring at Shane on the way out. Shane simply smirked and stepped aside. When Michael was gone, Shane pulled the door open and walked in.

Liz immediately stood up and walked over to her. "What is it? Where does it hurt?" She asked in concern.

Shane's smile faded slowly, leaving a small reminder of its brilliance at the corner of her lips. "Here," she said, placing her hand over her heart.

Liz's eyes softened as well, the panic exchanged with longing. She couldn't help herself; it was as though her hand moved of its own accord. It rose into mid air and then lay gently on top of Shane's. "I'm sorry, Shane...I wish I..." her words caught in her throat when the softest lips captured her own. She was surprised by the kiss and yet, it felt like the most familiar thing in the world. The kiss was long and deep. Soulful. It felt like their hearts melted out of their own bodies and combined into one scorching entity; their chests burned so. When the kiss finally ended and they separated, both were breathless.

"Shane, I can't...this is so wrong on so many levels."

"This can't be more right." That was all it took. Liz had no more fighting power. She allowed herself to be pulled into a warm embrace. The hug was like a breath of fresh air; giving nourishment to a starved organism. Shane stepped back, pulling Liz along with her and propping herself against the door. Feeling the door behind her, she found the lock and clicked it shut. Their kiss began to stir fire in both their loins as their lips and tongues mapped the other's mouth. Shane slowly moved away from the kiss, trailing her lips down along the column of her throat. Liz arched her neck, giving Shane complete access. She was lost and there was no way back except through Shane's embrace. She moaned when Shane lifted her scrub shirt over her head and moved her hands to caress the silky skin underneath.

Making quick work of their clothes, Shane had both Liz and herself naked from the waist up in no time. Feasting her eyes on the beautiful porcelain skin, she couldn't help but run her fingers reverently from her belly button to her collar bone. "You are so stunning," she said and lowered her lips back to the creamy neck. Liz moaned when Shane pulled on her skin, marking her as her own. Trailing hot kisses along her collar bone, Shane licked lower and lower until she had the beautiful breasts in close sight. Taking her time, she slowly made love to one and then to the other. Kissing and nibbling on the sensitive skin, she finally pulled the nipple between her teeth, reveling in the sweet moan Liz released.

Unable to stand any longer, Shane pulled Liz with her to the leather sofa against the wall. It was a good thing Liz inhabited the chief of staff's office. It was just roomy enough for such afternoon delights. Lowering Liz onto the sofa, Shane quickly climbed on top.

Raising herself to her knees, Shane straddled Liz and began working on her lower half. Pulling the scrubs' string loose, she helped Liz out of her pants, leaving her in a pair of white, cotton panties. Liz's excitement was clearly visible and Shane couldn't wait to get a closer look. Not wasting anymore time, she lowered her lips to the inviting belly, licking and kissing all around the belly button. Occasionally, she would push her tongue inside just to see Liz squirm with delight. Liz thrust her fingers into Shane's dark tresses, pulling her head up for another, more intense kiss. While their tongues battled for dominance, Shane's thigh slithered in between Liz's spread legs and pushed hard against her damp crotch. Liz gasped, thrusting her hips against the maddening pressure.

Shane pulled away from the kiss, gazing deeply into Liz's half closed lids while thrusting rhythmically with her thigh. "You're so beautiful. I want to see you cum for me. Keep your eyes open. I want to see into your soul when you reach that point of no return." Liz was getting close, she could feel the explosion approaching, but she didn't want to experience such pleasure alone. With the last bit of reason left in her brain, she pushed her hand between their bodies and into Shane's pants. Finding her source of heat, she quickly thrust two fingers inside. The shock made Shane's leg jerk, pushing harder against Liz's thoroughly drenched core. Not willing to be bested, she used her free hand to push Liz's panties down and with no further warning, mimicked Liz's actions, impaling the undulating body with two of her long fingers. The only sound in the room was the slapping of their wet bodies as they rode the wave to salvation. Their bodies arched against each other, reaching the highest precipice and then free falling into the dark, calming abyss.

Both were panting when it was finally over, but the connection still remained. Something deep had transpired and it was more than anything physical could ever be. They were content and it felt right, no matter how much the outside world screamed against their union. Shane pulled slightly back so she could gaze into Liz's sleepy eyes. "So what now?"

Liz blinked a few times, trying to keep her eyes open. "Do you have a place to stay?"

"Not really," answered Shane.

"Well, you do now."

They shared a sweet smile. Shane laid a soft kiss on the still damp shoulder and pressed her ear to Liz's heart, allowing the soft cadence to lull her to sleep. They were happy. It was right.

The End

12