Mr. Basketball Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What?"

"Nothing," I said. "You look great."

"Thanks," she said and blushed a little.

We left town and drove the next one over. We had to get away so no one would recognize us. We stopped at a small place in a big shopping center for dinner. I enjoyed dinner. The conversation was fun and easy. Teagan was funny and cute through the whole dinner. I didn't expect it from her and it was a nice change of pace to actually talk to her instead of screwing her. Although, my mind was thinking dirty thoughts about her, especially in that dress.

We strolled from the restaurant and walked the store fronts still talking and holding hands. The air was crisp but it had warmed considerably from last week. It was tolerable.

We laughed and joked about everything. We talked about what she wanted to do after she got out of school. She hadn't decided on anything yet. Then we talked about me and how I went from Mr. Basketball to where I was now.

"Why does Sam call you that anyway?"

"I was voted Mr. Basketball in 2005. It kind of stuck with me since then."

"Do you think you could have made it to the pros?"

"There was some talk but I doubt it really. Maybe I could have played overseas but I don't think I would have played here. That's all in the past now."

"You're still talented. Maybe you should try."

"My knee wouldn't hold up. I think something is still wrong with it."

"You should get it looked at again, maybe it's something simple."

"I'm happy where I'm at right now."

She smiled at that.

We came to the movie theater and stopped to look at what was playing.

"I wanted to see that," she chirped.

"Come on then," I said. "Let's see it."

We bought two tickets and saw some romantic comedy.

"It's late, we better get you home," I said.

I parked next to her car. I got out and opened the door for her. She looked at me with that look that said I was hoping for something more. I pulled her from the car and took her into my arms.

"The car thing was fun but I'm not into the high school scene anymore."

"I did say I was over that didn't I?" she admitted.

"I had fun tonight Teagan, I really did. Let's not ruin it by climbing in the back seat like a couple of teenagers just because."

"That makes perfect sense," she smiled. Leaned into me and kissed me. We spent a few minutes kissing before she pulled away and got into her car.

"I will see you tomorrow," I waved.

"Did you and Teagan have fun?" Sam asked as I came in the door.

"Yeah, it was nice," I said.

"I bet," she snickered.

"It wasn't like that Sam," I sighed. "We went out to dinner and saw a movie. That's it."

"You don't have to lie to me," she said. "I don't care what you do. You had your chance with me."

"Ouch," I said.

"Yeah, I'm sure it bothers you."

"Sam, stop ok. If you want to stay here you have to know I'm going to be seeing people, Teagan or not."

"It's fine, I'm over it," she hissed.

I left it at that. Walked to my room and texted Teagan to make sure she got home ok.

I'm in my big bed all by myself. I miss holding you.

Tomorrow.

Can't wait. Nite nite.

It was 10 to 15 at half time. We were losing by only five in a low scoring but wild and frantic first half.

Sam still had an attitude and it carried over into the locker room.

"I don't see how this is going to work," she huffed.

"Relax, its fine," I snapped. "They haven't scored this few points in a half ever."

"Keep running them," I said. "It's going to take a team effort to pull this off. They came out expecting this to be easy and you girls have them confused. You have to make your shots count. You got good looks but you seemed to rush them. Make them count and keep it close. The fourth quarter will be the time when this will start to pay off."

"I think we should switch back to a more conventional style," Sam barked.

"You know what, you're the coach, you do whatever the hell you want to then."

"I think what we are doing to is going to pay off," Mandy spoke up now.

"You listen to what Sam wants and do as she says," I scolded her. "She's the coach."

Sam glared at me as I sat down. Glared might not be the best word to describe it. Maybe trying to kill me with her eyes would be a more fitting description.

"Let's run a high post pick and roll and play tight on defense," she ordered.

The other team came out and expected more of the same. When they saw we had changed our tactic, they started slowing the pace and working the ball around. They quickly started putting up points and started pulling away.

She called time out and glared at me again.

"You take over," she cried.

"Switch it back to what we were doing in the first half," I said. "Five in, five out. You have to go after everything. Every board, every loose ball, everything. You are playing from behind again so you have to still be smart but push the pace."

They took the floor and started playing hard. The rest of the quarter was fast paced with a lot of missed shot and bodies falling all over the floor. The only time things slowed was when there was a foul. We got two of their best into trouble and they had to sit. It was clear they didn't prepare the rest of the team for playing time.

I was focused on the game, walking the sideline and calling out what I needed the girls to do. By the end of the third it was back to five points again.

Sam stood next to me as I encouraged the girls to keep it going. They were looking tired but they had the will to keep playing.

"This is why I make you girls run at practice after you miss the free throws," I said. "Keep the pace and don't let up. You girls have this in grasp, don't let it slip away."

They took the floor. There were a few games going on at the big gym. The high school was hosting a six team invitational type thing with all the area high schools. It wasn't unusual for this to happen mid-way through the season on a Saturday. Plus with the winter break coming, it was a good way to find out where you stood before you had to play down the stretch. The gym had plenty of people in it so it was noisy. I scanned the crowd and noticed Thom was in attendance. His eyes met mine and he gave me a blank look.

"Oh boy," I sighed.

"What?" Sam asked.

"You know who is here."

"Where?"

"Second row on the left."

"Great, just what I need."

I turned to Teagan. "Your dad is here."

"I know. First time in forever. He must have heard that we were doing good and decided he better check it out."

The whistle blew bringing me back to the game. They ran for two minutes until the ball got tipped out of bounds. I quickly called for subs and sent Teagan and four other fresh legs into the game. They ran some more. A third starter got her fourth foul and she went to the bench. Teagan sank her foul shots. Five subs went into the game and the running continued.

I started trying to work out a plan to get the best five on the floor for the final two minutes. I quickly calculated out how I was going to get to that as the ball bounced out of bounds.

"No subs," I said.

I took the grease board and gathered the starting five and started drawing up plays.

"Anyone heard of a diamond plus one?" I asked.

"Oh no," Mandy said. She knew what it meant.

"Come on," I said. "They are slowing things down now and milking the clock. You can't keep playing in the zone and expect to pull this one off."

"I can do it," she sighed.

"I knew you could. This is going to require a lot of work but you girls are still fresh. Mandy, you keep pressure on the ball and make them dribble and pass. On offense you can slow things down and run the high post pick and roll. That will give you time to catch your breath. Every shot has to be a good look. Times ticking down, make them count." I quickly explained the defense.

The whistle blew and another girl had picked up a foul. She was a bench player so it wasn't that critical. She had fouled out. There was three and some change on the clock. Our girl hit the first one. The horn sounded and they put in the starting three who all had four fouls.

"You have to get back out there," I said. "We got some time outs so if you get winded just ask for one and we will call them."

Four of them went back into the game. Teagan was to take the shooters spot when she made the remaining free throw. It clanked off the front of the rim.

"Shit," I cried. "2-3 Mandy, don't run the diamond."

She called it out and they wasted some clock working the ball around. They got an open look from just inside the 3 point line and made the bucket. It was a five point game again.

Mandy brought the up and tried to set the play up. They got tangled and it was a turn over. It was a two on one fast break as she sprinted back to try and do her best. She set her feet and took the charge. With that it was number five for their starting point guard so she was done.

Their coach protested the call but it was of no use. Teagan quickly got into the game. The play ran much smoother as Teagan was more crisp in her pick and turn to the hoop. She got the ball 12 feet from the hoop and took the open jumper. It went in cutting the lead to just three.

Mandy knew what to do and called the defense. She scrambled around from player to player keeping the pressure on and finally getting them to put up a bad shot. We got the board and went back down the floor. It went back and forth now. We missed and scrambled around to get back down the floor. They missed and scrambled to get back on defense. We missed again and got back on defense.

They fired up and air ball. I called time out to give them a break and to draw up another play. I checked the clock again and asked how many we had left. One full and one twenty. 43 seconds remained in a three point game still. I quickly drew up a play that had Mandy getting to the hoop and getting something easy.

It went off well but she got bumped during the shot and it missed. It should have been a foul but it wasn't called. I protested but didn't press the issue since I knew better. They broke the defense and made an easy bucket. Now there was 22 seconds left and we were down by five again. I took the twenty second time out.

"We didn't fight this hard to lose this game right now," I hollered. "Run the double pick play like we did the other day when we played the boys on Sunday. Mandy, you take my spot. You don't have to break her down, just get Teagan the ball. Mindy, you be the pick." I showed them the board to refresh them.

I watched it work to perfection as Teagan made the easiest basket she could have had. They called their last full time out and now didn't have anything left.

"Pressure the ball all the way Mandy," Sam ordered. "The rest of you stay in the diamond."

I started drawing up a play as Sam talked to them.

"Try not to foul them," Sam continued.

They took the floor and Mandy played tight. They got the ball in and used the inbounder to shield the ball handler as she brought the ball up the floor. Mandy was a smarter player then that and moved around her. She went for the ball which caused the girl to pick up the dribble. Mandy pounced and tried to take the ball. They got tied up and a jump ball was called. The arrow was pointing their way tonight so they kept the ball.

"That's a tough break," I quipped.

Now they had the ball at half court. Mandy kept her pressure and made it hard for them to get the ball up the floor. The girl tried to pass the ball way down the floor to get rid of it. They caught the ball in front of Teagan at the free throw line. She stood tall as the girl got it and turned to take the shot jumping into Teagan. The shot banked into the hoop as the ref animatedly waived the shoot off and called it a charge.

I could hear the other coach from my spot on the side line yell, "That's bullshit."

That's it for you pal I thought as the ref now called him for a technical.

"Teagan, take the shot," I called.

She stepped up to the line at the other end of the floor and did just as she had been taught. It went right on in without question. Sam took the last time out. I wiped the board clean and drew up another play.

It's a two point game Sam and I both started saying. She looked at me and let me take over.

"You girls want to go for the win or play another quarter?"

There was a collective win from them all.

"Ok, here goes." I started drawing.

They had time so I didn't want them to rush it. It worked just like I had drawn it up. They ran the double screen with Teagan getting the ball. Mandy drifted over to the far corner and was wide open. Teagan got her the ball and Mandy fired it up. It clanked the rim but fell into Teagan's arms as she went for the board. She quickly fired it up as she was draped and fouled. It rolled around the rim and fell through.

There was a cheer from the growing crowd as the shot fell through. Two seconds were left on the clock and the game was tied at 48 now.

"Get back," I yelled. "Get back down the floor, only Teagan in there."

There she was again all by herself shooting a shot. She was like a well-oiled machine as she shot it up without a moment's hesitation. It flipped the net and it went right on in and gave us a one point lead.

"Back, back, back," I called to her. I was waving my hands trying to get her to run back.

She started moving back and turned her head to see the ball sailing through the air towards her. She went for it and batted it away. It bounced around the floor as the horn sounded to the cheers from those who had come to watch.

The bench cleared and I was stuck in the middle of a teenaged mob of screaming girls.

"Good game Sam," I said to her as I hugged her.

"This was all you," she said hugging me back.

We lined up and shook hands.

"That was one hell of a game," the opposing coach said to me and Sam.

"Good competition brings out the best from us," I offered.

Sam just said her thanks and moved on.

"You ever think about coming up to a big program?" he asked me now. "I could use some help, might get your foot in the door and maybe get into a small college in a few years."

I looked at him funny.

"I know who you are," he said. "My boy played at North Carolina."

"I appreciate the offer but I'm not ready to make a career move just yet. Maybe in a couple of years."

"Alright," he said. "If you change your mind give me a call."

I turned and went towards the locker room.

Thom had made his way over to his daughter and hugged her for a minute. They exchanged a few words and then she went into the locker room. He saw me coming. "You did a hell of a job out there today."

"Thanks Mr. Tilly," I said respecting his name.

"Is there a coaching change in the works I'm unaware of?"

"No, Sam is still the coach. She just wanted some help to get the girls on track."

"Well, keep up the good work," he said. Shook my hand and left the gym in a hurry.

I went in and celebrated a little with the girls before going over the good and the bad. Then I let them get cleaned up as I waited in the gym.

"You want to meet at the school at 6?" Teagan asked.

"I thought I was coming over?"

"Yeah, but you can't put your car in my driveway, my sister will see it and know something is up."

"How about you come to the house around 6 and we go out to dinner again. Maybe go to the skate rink afterwards."

"Another date with me," she teased. "Jake Tillman, what has gotten into you? You sure are hanging out with me a lot."

"I know, call me crazy."

"Ok crazy, I will be at your house at 6."

"Bye beautiful," I said before I could stop myself. Not because I didn't think she was, I just liked holding my cards close to my chest.

She smiled so big it looked like it hurt.

"Hey, you played great out there."

"Thanks," she beamed.

I drove home to get ready for another date with Teagan. I didn't know what to expect after but was looking forward to it.

"I'm going out tonight," Sam said as she came from her room dressed to impress.

"Ok, have fun. Teagan is coming over. We are going out too."

"Thanks for the warning."

We left town again. We went in a different direction to get dinner tonight. We went to the skating rink afterwards and tried to skate. I'm not good on the ice, let's put it that way.

Teagan made fun of me but helped me along as we went in circles around the place.

"I finally found something you're not good at," she teased.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm human after all."

We skated around a little more until I crashed and took her down with me. We laid there laughing at how ridiculous we were.

"I hate skating," I admitted. "I just thought it might be a good change of pace. Do something you like to do."

"It's fine," she said. "We can go if you want. There's a little tourist trap up the way that always has a fair going until the weather turns bad."

We found ourselves on the ferris wheel holding hands and laughing. She was so enjoyable. I didn't think it was going to be this way seeing how young she was. I guess I didn't give enough credit. We passed by the basketball hoops.

"Bet you I can make more than you," I teased.

"Yeah right," she laughed.

"Ok, what's the bet?" I asked.

"No bet, I'm going to beat you," she said.

I paid and we started shooting. I pulled ahead by two shots. She reached over and slapped the ball out of my hand and quickly started shooting to try and beat me. I grabbed another ball and threw it into her ball knocking it out of the way in midflight as the timer went off.

She playfully slapped my face. "You jerk, I had you." Had that big smile on her face.

I leaned in and kissed her. She melted into my body as I held her tight. We both broke and looked into each other's eyes.

"You ready?" she asked.

We sped down the road back to her house. The place was dark as we pulled into the drive.

"Thought your sister was going to be here?" I asked.

"Me too. She might be out with her boyfriend. Come on let's get out back."

We went through the big house to the back yard. The house sat on 5 acres and butted up to a small river in the back. We went all the way down to the river's edge where they had a gazebo and a big fire pit.

"You know how to start a fire?"

"Who doesn't?" I asked.

I gathered some wood and lit a match. In no time we had a nice warm fire keeping the chilly night at bay. We snuggled under a few blankets and looked at the stars.

"This is perfect Teagan," I said.

"What, you didn't think I had it in me?"

"I underestimated you," I admitted.

"Most people do," she sighed.

"I'll make it up to you," I said.

"Hmmm," she growled. "How so?"

I leaned over her and softly kissed her lips now. Could taste the cherry lips gloss she had just put on. Felt her press her hands under my shirt and feel my chest. Nails lightly scratching my skin sending shivers down my spine. I moved to her neck, kissed the soft flesh as she melted into my lips. Her skin had a soft glow from the fire as I looked at her. She looked perfect in this moment. I kissed her throat as she worked to get my shirt off but keep the blanket over us.

She tossed it to her side. I followed her lead and took hers off before I resumed kissing her. Got between her legs as she pulled the blankets back over my back. Felt her nipples against my chest. I kissed them now. Sucked them into my mouth and gently chewed on them as she moaned her enjoyment. My hand cupped her sex over the skin tight jeans she had on. Her fingers pulled my hair pressing my mouth harder onto her nipple. I changed to the opposite one as she ticked my sides.

Her fingers worked to get her pants unbuttoned and open. My hand slipped into the gap now available and pressed under her little triangle of cloth covering her treasure. I parted her slit and touched her excited clit. Wetness coated my fingers as I circled the sensitive bud. Kissed a trail down her tummy to her navel. Licked it and made her giggle. Hooked her jeans and wiggled everything down her legs. She kicked her legs free and let the cold air under blankets as she did.