All Comments on 'My Chemical Romance'

by miserybusiness

Sort by:
  • 27 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
AWWWW SO SWEET

awww that was a sweet story i really liked it. if this is a story really bout u i hope u find someone else like that XD

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Totally Cute!

Awww how cute. I'll have to put your story on my re-read again list. It was good and realistic. Thank you for sharing it with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Where is the Sequel?

That was a very good read. Please continue the story. Maybe they will meet again after a few year???? (crosses fingers)

cinnamon_kisses12cinnamon_kisses12over 15 years ago
awwwe

so in love with your story. so jealous too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
almost prfect

it would have been perfect if you hadn't written the girl's dialogue in "black talk"...as a black person i think its too stereotypical, and inaccurate.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Great! but...

I thought your story was great. Very sexy and well written. I agree with another comment though. It would have been awesome if not for the slang of the black female character. I thought it made her sound ignorant and her character doesn't seem to be ignorant at all. Great effort though.

Goddiva11Goddiva11over 14 years ago
Between friends

This story reads like a tale that is shared with friends reflecting on a past love.....it reads 'real'. The writer obviously has a sense of humor. I was a little put off with the Black slang but had to admit that there are people that speak that way. But too often writers act as if Blacks are the only race that use slang or uses bad grammar. But that was minor and doesn't diminish a decent feel good story

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
5

*****

thatgirllitthatgirllitover 14 years ago
Ummm...

I don't think the story was particularly well written; the attempts at AAVE were poor and often made the story difficult to read. That being said, I think a lot of effort probably went into it so I gave you a four. Perhaps you might consider getting an editor for future submissions.

honeybreehoneybreeover 14 years ago
Wonderful Story...but could you ease up on the

"Black" slang! Like one reader said, it kind of took away from the wonderful and beautiful story because it made Jayda sound highly ingorant (which I highly doubt she is!)and stupid while Adam sounded smart and witty. I mean black people aren't the only ones who use slang so if your going to write a story in a certain way make sure that it is throughout the story by all of the characters, not just one. Yes, their are some people that speak like that (regardless of race) but not every person. And for this story, it is taking away from it, so I give you a 4 out of 5. It is okay to show difference in characters but be meanful of it! I hope you keep writing!

fairy14fairy14about 14 years ago
This IS a good story!!!!

Geez ppl, lighten up, this story was great...(well other than saying "is" instead of are a lot)....I found the "black slang" thing funny...I'm black and I don't take offense to it. That's just how ppl talk, although it's not just black ppl that talk like that, have u been to the country...a WHOOOOOLE LOTTA WHITE PPL talk like that. but over all, great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
AWESOME

...I LUVD IT! although I didnt want them to break up *cries* T_T i liked it FORGET WAT THE OTHERS SAY I WANT A PART 2! make part 2 they get back together! cooome on!! then have kids!!! ima sucka for romance ... LOL. but im serious....make part to por favor. ;] GREAT STORY!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
If Adam really loved this girl...

he would teach her to speak English. There seemed to be a real emotional connection with these two, but the slang was distracting because it didn't seem natural.

The slang seemed so misplaced that it seemed to be used more for ridicule than to move the story forward. Maybe I'll pick this story up again later, but it offended me so I couldn't finish the first page.

Good luck!

wepewepealmost 13 years ago
I loved this story!

excellent

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Nice...But

Not All Black People Talk With Improper Grammar...Nice story but take that into consideration if its on purpose.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Jayda's speach

Jayda's speach really took away from the readability of the story. The flow of the story was thrown off & a little disturbing. I'm black, but I can't imagine why she'd be talking like that to what was, essentially, her best friend. I kept being taken out of the story wondering why she sounded like a hood-rat?

Alpha_MarmAlpha_Marmalmost 12 years ago
What was with the sistah's speech patterns?

Hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo......

Black people are literate and can speak English and the King's English, depending on what part of the World you happen to be in.

I was put off by the fact that Jayda was depicted as having speech deficits.

Please don't do this. It feeds into stereotypical depictions of African-Americans and is so unacceptable. I am glad I wasn't the only reader to be offended by this one aspect of a very nice love story. Think about the larger picture next time...please.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
UMMMMM ??

Yeah MOST black people do NOT talk like that.Most of the black people I know definitely know how to speak proper english.FIX THAT !

TheMathias456TheMathias456over 11 years ago
Good story but for real, STEREOTYPYING MUCH ? !

Like the title says, are you purposely trying to stereotype African-Americans ? cause you know racism goes both ways pal so next time I suggest you fix that real quick

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Calm your nerves folks!

Do you berate Nicki Minaj, Kanye, and 2Chainz when they hack the English language to bits and pieces? Stop being a bunch of hypocrites. This is hardly the worst example of black slang I've read or heard.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
smh

i almost loved it until i read how she spoke wth you really must don't know that many black people

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
I agree with all

Black people are capable of proper speech. No matter what era!!!

AMHJ89AMHJ89over 10 years ago
hmmm

Although I don't particularly care for her speech, it has nothing to do with her race because where i'm from plenty of people from every race actually speak that way and it annoys all the same. As far as when rappers and hip hop artists do it, I simply don't listen to them.. It grates on my nerves but I loved the story for what it was and was not offended by the use of slang at all!

atropisatropisabout 9 years ago
Beautifully sad

Very nice read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A good story that needs to be read more.

RE: regarding the hood language - perhaps that was part of the reason her mother moved?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous