All Comments on 'My Friend/His Sister Ch. 01'

by Androgynousother

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
Gibbo68mustangGibbo68mustangalmost 2 years ago

An English writer and Pratchett fan, doesn't get any better than that! Good story and I think everyone knows a girl like her. Would like to see a follow up with our heroine dealing with the ugly step sister ;-)

Gave it 5 stars as usual for your stories, keep it up.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 2 years ago

How to deal with a thoroughly unpleasant person!

5

Shortiemick88Shortiemick88almost 2 years ago

Great story more please.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Another 5-star story (as has become to be expected).

Only thing to fact check is that Nandos is not Mexican or TexMex. It is sort-of-Portugese but actually Mozambique-Portugese or Afro-Portugese which is much more spicy than normal Portugese fare. And yes, Nandos originated in South Africa and not in the UK.

And for everyone who have no idea what we are on about, Nandos is wildly popular in the UK and South Africa (with quirky ads, at least in the latter). TexMex is the best approximation, but not a very good one.

AndrogynousotherAndrogynousotheralmost 2 years agoAuthor

Thank you Anonymous, I stand corrected.

Never been to a Nando's but know several addicts, much more of a Frankie and Benny's customer TBH!

JoshFrom53JoshFrom53almost 2 years ago

What a nice story. And you are right about Sir Terry Pratchett. Thank you.

Connar1Connar1almost 2 years ago

Thanks for another great story Androgynousother, we've missed you.

Totally agree with the other two Kevins about the great STP!

AnnaValley11AnnaValley11over 1 year ago

Superb - totally believable characters and first class dialogue. Five stars and added to my favourites list. Thank you for giving me a great Saturday afternoon

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

great dialogue. I guess we all know a "Claire" type person to some degree of the selfish persona Think bottom of page 5 had several good putdowns that she richly deserved. Don't know why this was subtitled humor and satire though.

OnlyInMyMindOnlyInMyMindabout 1 year ago

Lovely writing. Nice throwaway cultural references. Of course the cat had to be called Greebo. I so hope that the Pratchett references continue.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Mundane! Doesn’t seem to going anywhere.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

It wasn't for me. Dialogue was pretty good but the story goes nowhere and I couldn't find humor (or sex) really so personally would rank it in romance.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAndrogynousother@Androgynousother
Let's not kid ourselves, I write long stories with happy endings - whatever section they're uploaded to, and my characters tend to drink tea and eat bacon and egg sandwiches, might as well tell you now. If you don't like my characters or what they do, please remember they are...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES