My Neighbor Ch. 02

Story Info
Nightfall came fast for Leann.
1.4k words
4.12
18k
00

Part 2 of the 11 part series

Updated 10/30/2022
Created 10/10/2002
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MsSinful
MsSinful
12 Followers

Nightfall seemed to come fast today. Leann started to walk down the beach when she was startled to hear music coming from the mansion. Oh, Lord she thought a bunch of party animals. It was dark only the moonlight to see her way. She kept walking till she got to a huge rock where she use to sit and watch the stars. She started to climb on top when she noticed a figure on the other side, she gasped in surprise. Mark turned around startled. He looked up and noticed her. He started to stand and face her. “I am sorry I startled you,” his voice sadden. “It appears we have startled each other,” she paused. “How's your party,” she grinned. “Oh,” he looked up towards the mansion his eyes started to fill with tears, “I am having a wake for a dear friend of mine that passed away.” “Oh, yes I heard about that I am sorry he is gone,” her voice softened. “I just needed sometime alone,” he half heartily grinned. “I understand,” she noticed his face in the moonlight.

He is a very handsome man yet she could see his heart sadden and in pain. She knew how it felt for she had felt it when the Reeses passed away. She reached out for his hand and held it. If you need someone to talk to, “I am here,” her voice sad but reassuring. Mark looked into her eyes he tried to smile but couldn't. “Even a man like you needs a good cry,” she paused, “I will leave you to your thoughts.” Mark looked at her with great admiration and respect. “Please don't go,” his voice shaky. She looked at him and smiled. She proceeded to sit on the rock. Mark standing next to her. She reached up and wiped a tear from his check. He started to tell her of his friend and the jokes he use to play on him. How he really admired the man. Mark tried to keep from crying but his sadness and pain overwhelmed him, he looked at her with conviction. “Some will condemn me for not speaking at his tribute,” he paused and took a deep breath, “but my character represents The Reaper,” his eyes stricken with grieve. She reached up and hugged him whispering faintly in his ear “it's okay Sir Mark, you honored him and he knows that.” She could feel Marks arms around her waist gently tightening. He started to cry on her shoulder. She stroked his hair and held him in her arms. It saddened her to see him this way. For she knew all to well the feeling. The sound of the sea roared. It seemed hours went by when Mark lifted his head and gazed into her face he gently took her chin with one hand and kissed her on the forehead. “Thank you Leann,” he grinned, “this is suppose to be a time of remembrance and laughter”. She looked at him. “It will be one day,” she tried to smile. “Till then we all grieve in our own way.” Mark looked at her with such kindness. “Would you please come with me to the party,” his voice almost pleading. “Yes, I will be your anchor,” she whispered. Mark smiled at her and helped her down from the rock. They walked hand in hand to the party. Mark scenced she was a little apprehensive about this. “Don't worry I will protect you from those ape men,” he tried to make light. She looked up and said, “okay Sir Mark you are my body guard but don't leave me alone.” He finally smiled at her. She thought to herself, good I have done my job. Has they got closer to the mansion she noticed Mick, Steve, Paul and Brad. They motioned for them to come over.

She took her other hand and gently putting it on his wrist and started walking towards them. Mark still holding her hand and feeling her other hand on his wrist took his que and started following. She noticed that Mark had to take smaller steps has not to walk in front of her. She looked up from the corner of her eye and smiled. They were now in the mist of the men she had meant earlier. “Glad to see you here Miss Leann,” Brad announced. “I see you have your own body guard,” Mick started to laugh. “Yeah, he'll scare everyone,” Steve grinned from ear to ear. “Well, in that case, I'll help protect you too,” Paul smiles. “Okay, give it a rest,” Mark demands. She looks at all of them with a smile. She could hear everyone around her talking of Owen. He must have been a hell f a man, she thought to herself. “Yeah, I'm her body guard,” Mark chuckled, “what of it?” We all started to laughing but little did they know that she was really scared to death. She put on a brave front while she was there. Mark noticed her fear and squeezed her hand ever so gentle to assure her she was safe. It sent chills up and down her spine.

He then guided her around to meet everyone. Introducing her to all his co workers and their wives and girlfriends. There must have been over sixty people. She was even introduced to the owner and family. They all talked about Owen in great admiration and laughing at the jokes he use to play on them. She looked around and noticed that people were staring at her and Mark, he noticed it too. She motioned for Mark to come down to her level and he bent over to hear her, “is it me or are we being stared at,” she whispered. “We're being stared at,” he chuckled. He then stood straight up and in a firm loud voice, “well, what are you all starring at he demanded.” “Nothing, Mark it's just,” Shane paused. “That what,” Mark snapped. “She's beautiful,” Glen grinned. “It's like beauty and the beast,” Jeff laughed. Leann started to blush and giggle. Mark looked at her and started to laugh. “It's okay Sir Mark,” she said softly. “I guess they've never seen a tree topper like yourself next to a seedling,” she gasped, she couldn't believe what she just said. Mark snapped his head down to look at her with amazement. Everyone else was looking at her too. She felt like crawling under a rock. Then laughter roared out. Everyone including Mark. “Never been known has a tree topper,” he said to her. “First your fugly, your cute and now a tree topper,” Brad laughed. She could only stand there and hope she didn't embarrass herself to much. “Well, Sir Mark I have to be going,” Leann stated. “So soon,” Brad surprised to hear her leave already. “Yes, I have things I have to do,” she insisted. “Of course,” Mark grinned, “I will walk you home.”

They turned still hand in hand and started walking in the direction of her house. “Thank you for coming,” he said in a soft but deep voice. “Not at all,” she smiled. “Tree topper, ah,” he laughed. She looked at him amused he found enjoyment in what she said. “Yeah!” She exclaimed. “A tree topper who walks with small steps,” she laughed. “That's only so I don't drag a sweet thing like you behind me,” he chuckled. She started to blush. “Guess that statement makes us even now doesn't it?” she said. “Not, I'll have to think of a good name for you now,” he chuckled. They reached her porch. She gazed up at Mark. “Thank you for a nice evening,” she started to walk up a step or two and noticed Mark still holding her hand. She turned slowly. Mark looking into her hazel eyes, “No it is I who should thank you,” he said softly and raised her hand and kissed it. She started to blush and that's when she really noticed his gentleness. “I will see you again soon,” he winked at her. He released her hand and turned to walk in the direction of the mansion.

She watched him leave and when she could no longer see him she took a deep breath and sighed. She sat on the steps and looked up at the stars glancing over at the mansion now and then. She caught herself thinking romantically. Leann you should be ashamed at yourself for thinking that way. You just met the man, she thought to herself. But tonight was a fantasy come true. A kiss on a hand. What a warm feeling it gave her. To share in his grief and pain if only for a while. She knew that Owen must have been well loved by all. She could feel it at the party. “Oh, my,” she yawned, it's time for some sleep. She got up and walked into the house and went straight to bed.

MsSinful
MsSinful
12 Followers