All Comments on 'My New Pet Robot 02'

by Beatnic_jazzman

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Hope you keep this story going!

I like what you have written thus far. I hope you will continue this story, the slow building of the cultural background is good, keeps the reader from getting overloaded, but still guides the reader in understanding your universe. I noticed that Vincent can interface with Jeff's computers via hardwire, sounds like a USB-like cable. Hardwire connections are obviously more secure by todays standards, and maybe that will always be the case. Anyway, if Vincent can access Jeff's computer, then obviously, it can communicate by way of computer. As Vincent can also sense and evaluate his surroundings, including computers and knowing that those computers are not sentient, is seems pretty clear that Vincent is capable of talking with them, and by extension, to articulate though them with voice comms. I am wondering why he has not done so yet. Also, as FTL has been denounced as not possible, but the casket (and Vincent) were only floating around for a couple hundred years, that then strongly suggests that either they are from Alpha Centauri or Proxima Centauri, which are not Red Giants, or some other form of travel is possible with their technology. Given that Vincent's technology includes "anti gravity", and gravity can overcome the speed of light (so our current thinking regarding black holes leads me to believe), then mastery over gravity would infer the capability, or at least possibility of FTL travel. Alternately, extreme gravity wells might be the doorway to slipping out of our universe if one plays around a bit with P-brane/M-brane/String theory, not that I could explain those theories, but hey, this is Sci Fi/Fantasy right?

Anyway, please keep on developing Jeff and Vincent, they are entertaining. Looking forward to see what you plan for the political fallout when/if Vincents existence becomes known Earthside. Not to mention the obvious Elephant in the room, at some point one of those aliens is likely to come a knocking. I would bet on Vincents creators as being the more likely candidates, though it is your story to tell, and tell it as you wish.

EdwarusEdwarusabout 11 years ago
Like

This is a great story really likin it cant wait for more

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous