Niki Gets Naughty Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
busty_fucker
busty_fucker
1,398 Followers

"I always thought I was sort of boring," Ryan said. He reached over with a napkin and brushed the crumb aside. "Bread crumb."

"Thanks...uh..." she'd lost her thought and smiled up at him, her teeth catching on her lower lip. She was beautiful.

"You were telling me how interesting I am," he prompted.

"Oh, yeah. You're this big, good looking, tough guy on the outside, but you have so much depth. You think. You have manners. Interesting." She said it seriously. "I wasn't sure about you when we first met. I thought that you were just some mean tough guy."

His forehead wrinkled. "Yeah? Why?"

"You look really tough and hard, with your...nose."

He always thought he was a good-looking guy. Mid-thirties, over six feet, still had all of his hair. The nose, he admitted, had been broken a couple of times and never gotten back to being straight again. He thought it lent his face a certain charm. "Its part of my charm," he said, wounded.

She laughed, a nice laugh, musical, and she said, "Charm? Not really. Rugged sexiness? Definitely."

Sexiness. He could accept that.

After lunch as he was leaving she stopped and watched him walk down the sidewalk, "Hey Ryan?"

He stopped. "Yes?"

"Are you ever going to ask me out to lunch again?" She asked her eyes bright.

"Sure. Anytime you're willing to put up with me."

"I'm willing," she said as she turned and made her way down the sidewalk smiling to herself.

Ryan whistled all the way back to his office.

***************

Late that night, after another dinner missed by Jake, Niki lay in bed considering her and Jake's relationship while he slept poorly, unable to get completely comfortable, curling and uncurling. Niki curled against his bare back, her forehead against the nape of his neck, tears trickling down her cheeks. She could smell the perfume on him. It wasn't hers and it definitely wasn't something he'd picked up sitting close to another woman. There'd been contact. A lot of contact.

Kendra.

Niki was quickly discovering that Jake was one of those people that no matter how successful he was, no matter how wonderful his life became, no matter how great any given relationship he was involved in became, Jake always thought that the grass was going to be greener over the fence in the next yard. He had never gained the necessary maturity to understand that looks were deceiving. Niki had guessed some time ago that Jake was a borderline obsessive compulsive with narcissistic tendencies. She was also beginning to realize that to him she was more of a trophy than a lover. Winning to Jake wasn't enough. It was boring. He needed the thrill and drama that came along with the chase as much as he needed the conquest itself. Winning through subterfuge to a man like Jake was nirvana. It helped him to validate his narcissistic ego. It made him feel smarter than everyone else.

Niki was reminded of the old Greek saying, 'those whom the gods would destroy, they first make proud'.

She lay awake, with the tears...

***************

Niki knew something was going on between Jake and Kendra. It was tearing her up and she had to know exactly what was happening between them. She needed someone to talk to, someone who could help her figure out a course of action.

Ryan popped immediately into her mind. He was the most able man she knew. He was extremely smart and thoughtful.

But could she trouble him with her problems?

Did she have a choice?

Niki picked up the phone and dialed Ryan's cell number. Her heart was thumping out of control. Her mind was everywhere yet nowhere.

"Allen," he answered.

"Hi Ryan."

"Niki? Hey," Ryan sounded genuinely pleased to hear her voice.

"Are you free for lunch today? I have a problem that I'd like to get your take on."

"Sure. I'll meet you at my office at say...11:45?"

***************

Niki walked into his office wearing tight jeans and pink pull-over shirt under her open jacket. The shirt was tucked in, emphasizing her big boobs. Her hair was tied back with a ribbon, out of her face.

She looked good, Ryan thought, when she smiled at him.

"Ready?" He asked as he stood, flipping off his computer monitor as he did so.

"Sure."

They left the building, strolled down the street, and after they were seated at the restaurant, Niki said, "Ryan, I really need a huge favor. I'm coming to you because I don't know who else I can turn to," she said, her desperation clearly visible in her eyes.

"Fire away. I'll do whatever I can to help you."

"It's about Jake. I'm sure that he's cheating on me."

"That's, uh, I'm really out of my element here, but I'll try to give you some good advice," he said.

She smiled at him. "What I really need is proof. I was hoping that you'd help. See, there have been several clues. I've put a lot of things together. He's been inattentive, late getting home, he'll smell of perfume, I found him talking, rather closely I might add, to an attractive instructor from the gym the other night when we went out. If you put all of that together, I think there's a very high probability that he's cheating on me."

"So, the mystery deepens," he smiled showing even white teeth. "You've been doing some thinking. How long has this been happening?"

"I'd have to guess, two months? I tried to ignore it, but..."

"Not liking what is going on and ignoring it won't make it go away," he said.

"I know, that's why I'm coming to you. Would you help me," she asked, her big blue eyes pleading, reaching into his heart and twisting it.

"Yeah. I'll try to get something for you. We'll have to coordinate a little and I'll need you to provide me with some background information."

They plotted and planned the surveillance through lunch, staying long past the meal. When they were finished and had parted ways, Niki felt a lot better.

She was going to get proof and shove it down the cock-suckers throat.

***************

Three days later Ryan called Niki telling her he had plenty of proof for her.

They met in his office.

Detective Ryan Allen nodded somberly. "Well, I did some checking. I found out a couple of things. Would you like to hear about it?"

"I suppose so, although I have a feeling that I should dread hearing about whatever it is you've found out."

"Knowledge is power, Niki."

She liked the warmth in his voice, the concern. "Yes, I know. But ignorance is bliss."

Ryan took a large brown envelope from his briefcase. He opened the flap and extracted a set of color prints handing them to Niki. He then began explaining to her everything he'd discovered.

Niki's legs almost buckled at the news. Ryan cupped her elbow and encouraged her to sit down. When he helped her into a chair she didn't protest. In fact, she was grateful. Right now, she could use all the support she could get – both physical and emotional.

For her part, Niki felt a chill in her stomach that rivaled an Arctic winter. As with many things in life, this one – a theoretical nightmare she often contemplated just before falling asleep in the comfort of her bed – was something very different now that it had turned into a most uncomfortable reality. It was a thing that was just too difficult for her to believe. It was just so unreal. Although she wasn't trembling, she felt jittery and desperately needed an anchor.

Perhaps it was Karma, she thought as a tear ran down her cheek. She had after all done the same thing to Eric. Her feelings were not unlike those following an auto accident. First was disbelief, then remedial action that was more automatic than considered, then when that was past she thought of what had almost been, then fear; fear of being alone, fear of being found unacceptable, and the fear of being rejected. Jake didn't want to be tied down. Why hadn't she seen that? Why hadn't she realized that she'd been little more than arm-candy to him, someone he could show off and say, 'This is mine. Isn't she perfectly gorgeous?'

As she looked back she realized that Jake hadn't respected her, ever. She was nothing more than a sexual object to him, nothing more. He'd grown tired of her and it was time to move on to his next conquest.

As she viewed the photographs she decided that it was time for her to move on also. Away from Jake. She told Ryan that she was going down to the gym to confront Jake.

"Niki, I think I should be there when you confront him."

"I can handle it," she assured him.

"I'm sure that you can. I'd just feel better if I was there."

"If you're there, I'm afraid that he'll want to fight you," she said.

"Well then, that is a good reason for me to be there. If he is that aggressive he may blow-up on you," he declared.

"Ryan, there will be all kinds of people there at this hour of the day. I'll be fine," she said with a little smile. "I'll tell you what. If it will make you feel any better, I'll let you drive me over there, but you have to promise to wait outside."

"Fine," Ryan said and started toward the door. Niki stood still, indecisive. He stopped and turned back. She was no longer the confident woman he'd been falling in love with. She looked so sad and lonely at that moment, seductive in her need. "Are you coming?"

"I'm just gathering my courage," she said as she started for the door.

***************

"You're a seriously flawed piece of work."

Niki's bitter pronouncement hung in the air for several seconds before Jake responded. He stood in the doorway, looking at her. When he spoke, he was temperate.

"I don't know why you feel that way," he stated. "But I'm sorry that you do."

"Are you really? Frankly," Niki said, "your apology isn't worth a whole hell of a lot. As a matter of fact, I can't believe you have the balls to say that you're sorry."

"You know what, Niki? I don't appreciate your coming into MY business and attacking me like this for no apparent reason."

"No apparent reason," she repeated and tossed the manila envelope onto his desk. "Here's my reason."

"What's that?" he asked suspiciously eyeing the package.

"Go ahead. Open it," she commanded. Her tone made him feel as if he were on trial.

Jake moved behind his desk, watching Niki the whole time, and lifted the envelope in his hands. He unfastened the clasp and pulled open the flap and dumped the contents onto the surface of his desk. A stack of photos slid out. Pictures of Kendra and himself, all in compromising positions, accusingly staring up at him. There was a sudden understanding in Jake's eyes.

"What the fuck is this?" he yelled.

"You tell me."

"You're following me? Spying on me?" he asked, accusingly.

"No, not me. A friend of mine."

"What friend? I know all of your friends."

"No you don't. He's a cop."

"A cop?" he sneered.

"So, are you going to tell me about these? Or are they self explanatory?"

"You seem to have all of the fucking answers, you tell me."

"Now I understand why you kept putting me off, why you kept coming home late," Niki cracked a grim smile and pointed at the photos. "It was because you were so damn busy fucking her."

"Listen, I can explain..."

"You know perfectly well that you can't explain any-fucking-thing!" Niki interrupted, her voice beginning to shake, barely able to control herself. "You fucked around on me with that filthy whore! I want to hear what you have to say!"

"I don't have to listen to this," he said and started toward the door. Losing control of the delicate balance between danger and need, between reason and desire, Niki stepped between him and the door and drew herself up.

"Tell me, Jake," she said, her eyes narrowing. "Why?"

"I don't know," he said, not looking at her, "because she was there."

"She was there? I'll call you to make arrangements to move my things out. We're finished," Niki said, spinning on her heel to leave.

"Fine," he said to her departing back.

***************

Ryan was staring at the curb, fighting a storm of emotions. He should have gone in with her. He knew from experience that this was a volatile situation. All it would take would be one misspoken word, one wrong phrase, even the wrong look, and for whatever reason the whole situation would spiral out of control and Niki would be in serious danger. He hoped that nobody would lose control but he'd seen too many domestic disputes go bad to leave his faith with hope.

Ryan decided to go inside the gym so he'd be close at hand if Niki needed him, needed his protection. Instinctively he patted his shoulder rig and heaved his bulk from the car to head inside just as Niki walked out the front door. Ryan leaned back against the car.

He didn't take his eyes off Niki. She didn't wave, she didn't speak. She didn't look away, and she didn't break her poised, sensual stride.

***************

Jake looked outside and saw a man leaning with his hip planted against the front of a Mercedes. Niki walked toward him and sat on a sidewalk bench to his front.

The cop.

He had come with her and waited for her while she confronted him. Embarrassed him.

His gaze trained on the two of them as they talked. His jaw set firm. Rage burned through his veins. His lip curled in disgust.

They were fucking.

She'd betrayed him! He was certain of it. Bitch! Like a dog in heat, she was letting that cop fuck her!

He knew it. Fury tore through him, turning his soul black. His stomach twisted.

He watched as Ryan helped her into the front seat of the car. His heart was pounding with fury.

Jake took a deep breath and tried to control his raging pulse. Fury swelled inside him, a blinding red haze of anger that threatened to overwhelm him. He wanted to lash out at Ryan. Gradually he brought his rage under control. Deep breaths, deep, slow breaths.

"Hey, asshole!" Jake shouted as he strode out the door and purposefully up to Ryan as he rounded the front of the luxury car.

Ryan stopped and stood his ground, looking at the man with a raised eyebrow.

"Stay away from Niki. She's mine," Jake stated. Niki looked up through the windshield, shocked, afraid of how Jake may act, remembering a bar fight when she'd first met him.

Ryan's jaw tightened. "I believe that would be her decision to make, besides, she's not some object to be owned."

"What would she ever want with a cop? What could you offer her? She's way out of your league, my friend." Somehow, Jake made the word friend sound like a curse.

"I think that I can offer her more that the muscle-headed prick who's just recently broken her heart. If anyone should stay away from Niki, it would be you. You aren't any good for her. All you'll wind up doing is hurting her again and again."

Jake blinked. He'd never thought of it that way. Ryan was right in a sense; he did look upon her as a mere possession. She was merely a material object to him, a fun object but an object none-the-less. Besides, he could always replace Niki, in fact, he already had.

"You've made your point," he said quietly to Ryan. "Keep out of my way from now on."

"As long as you leave Niki alone," Ryan said as he turned and got in his car.

"Why are all men such bastards?"

Ryan looked at her but said nothing.

"No answer?" she asked.

"I assumed that it was a rhetorical question."

"I suppose it was."

Ryan reached his right hand over and took her hand in his. "Are you alright?" He asked, concern clear on his face.

"Yeah, I'm just great," she said, looking down at her feet.

"Yeah, you have me convinced. Look at me," he said.

She lifted her gaze and met his, offering him a fragile smile.

Her fragile smile broke his heart.

"Why did that stupid fucking asshole have to fuck her? He won't even apologize to me. He won't even look at me." Niki stated crossly, too angry to cry. "He's so fucking proud of himself!"

"He's done this before, hasn't he?"

"Yes, I'm one of his conquests," she observed in a woman's neutral voice of distaste.

"I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but did you really think you could change a guy like that? Did you think he'd stop with you?"

"I don't know...I...I hoped so," she finally stated with a slight quiver in her voice, tears running down her cheek.

"Look Niki, guys like that, the ones full of pride and so lustful, they're bad news. Why do you think that pride and lust are two of the seven deadly sins?" Ryan asked with a compassionate smile.

She sucked in huge gulps of air as tears pooled in her eyes. "I was so stupid to get involved with him. I-I let him use me..."

Clenching his jaw, Ryan looked deeply into her tear filled eyes, "It isn't your fault."

Tears streamed down her face. She swallowed several times. Overcome with emotion, she couldn't speak for several minutes.

"I'm taking you home, now."

"I can't go home...I don't have a home," she replied weakly.

"Look, it's completely up to you, but I'd very much like to have you stay with me." Ryan told her. "I have three bedrooms at my place," he quickly added.

A dancing-butterflies sensation warmed her stomach and sent internal quivers through her body. He had spoken as a gentleman, but she had heard the underlying possessiveness beneath his words.

"I'd like that," she said, smiling at him. Did she have any idea how lethal that smile was?

"Let's go get something to eat." He leaned forward and then whispered to her, "Then we'll go home."

Niki's breath caught in her throat as she took a good look at Ryan. He was hog-wild, crazy in love with her. What woman could resist a man who loved her so much? She lifted a hand and rested her fingertips on his cheek. "Thank you, Ryan Allen."

"For what?" He asked, puzzled.

"For being a man, for wanting to be my man, for wanting to be together with me, so we can be together as we should be," she said, the corners of her mouth curving into a half smile.

"You're welcome, but I feel that I'm the one who should be thanking you for making life so wonderful for me." His head dipped toward hers, and his mouth found her warm, waiting lips, kissing her for the first time.

Ryan pulled out of the parking lot and maneuvered the luxury car into traffic pointing it in the direction of the restaurant.

After dinner they stopped by Jake's apartment so Niki could gather a few things. Jake wasn't home.

Once they reached Ryan's house, he gave Niki the grand tour. She followed him from room to room, impressed with the furnishings. He had good taste.

"The spare bedrooms are right here, across the hall from each other. You can have whichever one you'd like." He explained as he finished the tour.

"I was hoping that I could persuade you to hold me in your arms all night long," she said, looking up at him.

"Niki, you shouldn't say something like that to a man who is doing everything he possibly can to keep his hands off of you."

"So my offer tempts you?" she asked.

She needed something from him, but he wasn't sure if even she knew what that something was. The security of strong arms holding her close. A shoulder to lean on. A sense that the man lying beside her at night, keeping her warm, would be forever faithful to only her.

"Oh, I'm tempted alright," he told her. "But what I can give you depends a lot on what you expect from me."

"Right now, if you want sex, then that's what I'm offering. I really just need you to hold me, to help me make it through the night without falling apart. Does that make sense?"

He answered her by holding a hand out to her. She stared at his offered hand, hesitated, then accepted his offer by placing her hand in his. Ryan closed his fingers, securely gripping her hand. They stood there staring at one another. He wanted to sweep her off of her feet, carry her to bed and make love to her all night long, but that wasn't what she really needed.

She needed to have her needs met. She needed him to be strong. But most of all, she needed to know that she wouldn't be used.

busty_fucker
busty_fucker
1,398 Followers