All Comments on 'No One Won'

by Slirpuff

Sort by:
  • 208 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
We as human beings do a great job at shooting ourselves in the foot

I an understand the ending. It sounds like the author left it in such a way that a sequel is called for, or at least chapter two.

George in Omaha

Samhain8415Samhain8415over 9 years ago
Sequel

I've read this one many times and agree with previous comment. slirpuff you need another chapter or two... It's too good a story

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Not a good story

A good opening chapter but where is the rest of the story? Yes I can see the reasons for ending this story here, but it could be SO much better with another chapter.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 9 years ago
Meh

not well developed. Thanks for the offering.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 9 years ago
Read it Again

So what do we have here? First off, two cheaters. He screwed his editor. He liked her smell. Very bad. She screwed her ex-boyfriend, who was her dom. Very bad. However, she did it at her bachelorette party. What the fuck was he doing there anyway? Turns out that asshole fathered the kid. She knew. Very bad. So she raked her husband over the coals and got everything. Fucked up his life with everyone, even his family and friends. Then there's an accident and his blood doesn't match the daughters. Now we know she was preggers at their wedding. Now he rakes her over the coals. Funny part is, she was a real cunt about it. So here's the bottom line.

No one won

So why did I read this again?

Damn

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Thoughts

Why only supervised visitation? There’s no record of violence, certainly not with his child!

She can’t believe HE’S so vindictive? Doesn’t she have a mirror? Look how vindictive SHE was, when she KNEW she had cheated!

As I think someone else said, what the hell is her ex-boyfriend doing at her bachelorette party?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Really good story and I knew dear annony wouldnt like it.

So because if this I gave it a 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I have one question

If he hadn't cheated, but was in the car wreak, who's fault would it be then. This is just another version of April's Mistake. They both cheated in the marriage, had another man's kid and lived, happily ever after making their husbands the ultimate cuckolds. And just like 90% of your stories the man is at fault. That's why I believe your a woman.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
good almost

It was good until he decided not to go all the way in his revenge

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Fuck her!

He should have stuck by his guns and buried her. Sent her to jail even if it was only 5 months. Her Father was right. Jean would have cut his nuts off, given the chance. He should have returned the favor when he had the chance. And then moved a long, long ways away and started over. Another story ruined by a horrible ending.

rick_ohrick_ohover 8 years ago
No one could have won

With Jean's vengeful attitude - even her parents agreed that she screwed herself. Steve took too much blame for the fallout. Jean could have reasonably decided to either reconcile or divorce. I'd have liked it more if Jean had been held to the condition of telling Steve's ex friends that she was pregnant with someone else's kid when she got married.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Marriage

One thing puzzles me -

Yes, in the eyes of the Church the marriage was annulled and never existed, but that doesn't mean that it still wasn't a LEGAL marriage, and therefore the divorce was still valid.

FenixreignFenixreignover 8 years ago
@sbrooks

Except that the courts have long upheld that a church-given annulment would be recognized by the government. In fact, you can get a government annulment and it is easier overall than getting a church approved one. A government annulment requires few reasons at all if any within the first 6 mos. to a year of the marriage and is normally granted outside of that if fraud (which is the case here) is found to be in play.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
1*

wow. every last one of them was a piece of shit. him, her, the families. only acceptable ending was nuclear holocaust.

GoodhueGoodhuealmost 8 years ago
Sad! Very Sad!!

- Not much to say about this other than,considering what she knew she'd done,how the hell could she be so vindictive to him! It certainly seems that he was a means to an end rather than a man she truly loved.

- After the 2 1/2 years of misery she'd put him through, being the major cause of his just about ruining his life ,what the hell did she expect he'd do when he found out she was a lying,cheating,manipulative cunt?! After what she'd done to him,from prior to their marriage right up to the DNA discovery,there's no fucking way he could have anything but contempt and hatred for the bitch. (Love may be blind,but it doesn't lower your IQ to zero!!!)

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Re-Reading

"Steve, don't do this. Think of April," - Funny, no one told Jean to "Think of April", when she was raping him in the divorce, and bad-mouthed him to April.

Bah! He's too hard on himself! The misery started when Jean, KNOWING that she was having him raise another man's child because she couldn't keep her legs closed at her bachelorette party, refuses to accept his apology for cheating AND rapes him in the divorce AND ruins his relationship with just about everyone they know. And I never saw any mention of why her ex was there, which leads me to believe that it wasn't some drunken hook-up, but maybe a planned "last fling"!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Regarding the annulment....

To a Catholic, it's important that the church grants it because, unless granted by the appropriate church authority, the church doesn't recognize any subsequent marriage. Also, can't get married in the church a second time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Bullshit - he won

Jean was disgraced. HE should have and would have sent her to jail. Even if it was for 6 months. He should have sued the School District and cleaned up. He would have asked for all the proceeds from the sale of the house. And he was going to cleanup when the book became a best seller. There was no going back at that point. Writing a book to cleanse his soul just wasn't happening. Burn Jean to the ground, take the money and move far, far away. Staying around is only going to remind him of his failures and the disgust heaped upon him by his family and friends. Terrible ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Good Story

But I didn't like the ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Incomplete

Needs to be carried to a final conclusion. And Jean got off way to easy. Two and half years of hell and she gets close to a pass. You cant un ring a bell. She really needed to have more pain. She gets to be hateful for years and he only gets semi resolution. The best he can do is move on. Well, I hope he gets to be very successful with his books and shares it with April while Jean gets to watch from the sidelines and live with regret. Was he wrong? You bet. He had to pay for it big time. Her turn!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Bad Ending

One more sentence would change my * to *****

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggalmost 7 years ago
@ last comment

I rarely recommend forgoing reading and replacing it with reality TV. But you would seem to be the sort of douche bag that is the exception to the aforementioned guideline.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
@LSD

Speaking of recommendations, I recommend that you invest in a full length mirror and spend most of your time in front of it. You are the only one who will ever recognize your true brilliance. With the mirror, your devoted following of one can bask in your magnificence. The rest of us just think you're an idiot with a keyboard.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
I rarely recommend a RAAC

But when both assholes have experienced a real epiphany, who's perfect?

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
Very good

Very realistic, but yeah, incomplete. But what do I know. I usually hate the endings in what I'm told is great literature so why should I be happy with the endings on here?

timrivtimrivover 6 years ago
Epilogue

Story needs an epilogue. Love and hate are just opposite sides of a coin. Both come from the same emotion. Dispite everything that had gone down down deep I think they both still loved each other and now that she read his both she has finally realized it. To late, maybe but not necessarily.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 6 years ago
Reads very well the second time around

I read this when it was posted and reread it again today. This is a strong story with an interesting twist. As DQS commented, SP is a talented writer.

notredame43notredame43over 6 years ago
good title

good story, i side with him slightly because she cheated on him, passed off another kid as his then burned him when he fucked up . kid pays the price for unfaithful hypocritical mother, and dipshit stand in dad

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
re: good title

are you retarded or what? She's a lying slut that lied from the moment they entered the marriage. He told the truth about cheating and begged for forgiviness. She being the shrew she was fucked him over any chance she could. Even his fucked up mom was on her side and after all this, you "slightly" side with him and some how he's the dipshit father......yep your a retard.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
5! HEY ANNONY Tell us all about your marriage!!!!!

Tell us how your dead ex wife fucked you over so many times you lost count. Tell us about all that cum you licked out of her whore cunt!!!!

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 6 years ago
As truly sad as it gets, around here.

Perfect title to a perfectly tragic story.

Well, at least, it doesn't appear like April got too affected but her parents going HAM on each other - she properly did, but went forward without too much damage.

Sure, sure, Steve is the reason why his marriage went to hell - there's no way to excuse what he's done here... But holy shit is Jean's a humongous hypocrite! I mean, fuck, losing your shit after learning of his betrayal is completely understandable, but to go at him, full tilt, without mercy for almost three years, after what she did behind his back... THE FUCK. Geezus... and she didn't managed to get any empathy afterward, even when people told her about her obvious hypocrisy.

So... yeah, sure - 'no one won', and 'it's all his fault', hard to disagree with those statements. But let's not forget to add 'shouldn't have gotten married in the first place' to the lot, 'cause, eventually, this family would have blown up anyway. It's not because you're compatible with someone that you're meant to spend the rest of your life with them...

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Re: 5! Hey Annony

My ex isn’t dead, and you know it...hell your the fucking retard she married. And as far as me licking that tainted cunt, never happened at least not by me( wink wink). I know your favorite restaurant is the “Y”! One last piece of advice for a dickless moron like you.....DNA! One kid looks Mexican, the other Chinese and the girl is a cross between her mom and grandfather. And you claim to be smart, :(

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 6 years ago
Commenting on an old story . . .

. . . might be a waste of time, but after reading the other comments, I’m sure of one thing: a whole lot of LW readers absolutely hate women.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
People like Jean

It sucks because people like her really do exist and it's terrible.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Was a five rating until the end

The story was a great ride including the compromise to drop the last charge. Him taking the whole blame was BS. No, Jean was the first cheat and stuck him with a child that was not his. That she made his life a living hell for his acts that she was equally guilty makes her pure cow dung. Him taking the whole blame turned the story into garbage dropping it from an easy five to a generous three. Wish it wasn't so; but it is what it is.

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 6 years ago
This is a terrific story. Has a very “real life” feel to it, except...

... for him not having Jean go back to his old school’s administration to retract the negative comments she gave about Steve. Not telling their ex-friends? Well, what good are those friends. Anyway, they’d eventually would find out the story from rumours through the church. Friends would believe one side or the other (hard to refute “rumours” regardless). But the school administration was his professional life. If he ever tried to get another teaching job his “reputation” would follow him around when they checked up on him. Personal is one thing, profssional reputation is another. Can’t belive his lawyer didn’t point that out.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
5*

What got me, was Jean going nuclear on him, KNOWING she had done just as bad, if not worse. I would normally applaud scorched Earth on any cheater, but when the "victim" is actually worse than the cheater, they should consider the possible fallout. After her actions, he was totally justified in his, and should NOT have folded at the end...... RW58

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Oh I think he won

He destroyed Jean in open Court. Got back all his money, got rid of a lying, cheating slut and ruined her reputation forever. No man in his right mind would date Jean. They might use her for a fuck toy, but nothing else. He gets to see his kid all the time, he has his own place that he owns and he shoved their self righteous attitudes in all his ex-friends face. His score card looks pretty good. He should have tried to get Jean sent to jail. Even for 6 months or a year. THAT would have been the icing on the cake.

GrimmerGrimmerover 5 years ago
3.5

When April’s parentage finally came out ... The ending was a poor fit.

TailakaTailakaover 5 years ago
The ending was fitting

I think Steve realized how good his life was BEFORE the book and affair. He may have learned of April not being his but they MIGHT have gotten past it. Love for April might have given him the push to forgive especially if losing her was the cost. It's not too likely but possible.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
This story has deeply inspired me

This story has inspired me to sue my first wife for Child support repayment for a kid that isn't mine. It's given me a battle plan how to dick my first wife for a million+. "Paybacks a bitch, Karma's her stripper name, and while I wouldn't wish anything bad on someone ACCIDENTS WILL HAPPEN!"

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wow

Very well done, sir.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Chalk this one up to two cheating liars

But in the end, the Judge was wrong. Steve didn't get everything he wanted. He didn't recover the back child support. He didn't get back into the house. And he gave up sending Jean to jail. Also, Steve had no standing in asking to see April. He himself proved he wasn't April's Father. So how can he ask for visitation? Given the amount of hatred Jean has for him I think she takes what she gets, sells the house and refuses to give Steve any visitation out of pure spite. You tried to soft sell the ending and it failed miserably. And the very ending? Steve won. He proved that Jean was a complete lying bitch. He didn't have to pay alimony or child support. He got half the sale of the house. And he got rid of Jean. THAT was for the win!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Agreed with grimmer

Ending ruined my immersion. It only served to reinforce that men and women worldwide will always treat men as the superior/ sole creatures capable of responsibility. Women will always be viewed as weak and not accountable for their actions.

That's how you ended this tale, as a complete sexist. Ex husband owned all his mistakes, and then owned his ex-wife's mistakes too. No one knows why. I guess because it made the silly woman-child shed a few tears while eating breakfast?

Even when she was chastised for her role in creating a toxic marriage, it was done from the perspective of 'feelings'. 'Imagine how he feels'. It's not only a feeling, it's a fact. She roped him into raising another man's daughter as his own. Even if she wasn't a complete bitch, and gave him total access to his daughter....imagine what that news DOES to that relationship. Imagine how hurt the daughter will be. That's real and tangible. She has to live with this knowledge, wondering if her own father actually loves or pities her. Many kids try to take pride in their parent's traits, but will she take on her mother's shame? Cheating is horrible, but cheating and actual cuckolding is another degree.

how do you forgive someone that would do that? his biological legacy is gone. he can love that daughter better than physically possible, he'll still be a genetic dead-end. why? because someone hated him enough, or cared little enough to lie to him. she'll still be passing on her genes, the wife. so spare me the rhetoric of the nature vs. nurture. he's childless....thanks to his annulled wife. most people shrug. i wonder how much you'd shrug if a man were capable of tricking the wife? probably be up in arms, if the moral of your story holds consistent. after all, only a man is to blame for his woman's mistakes...like she's not even a person. O.o

deblackbusterdeblackbusteralmost 5 years ago
It wasn't all his fault though

Half of it was the whore's fault.

GymShortsGymShortsalmost 5 years ago
Well alrighty then

Just about gave up on this before he got into the car accident and was going to give it a 1* rating. But stuck with it because of the high score given and glad I did. At first I thought it should have been called a loving husband story, and making Jean a real vengeful bitch only made the story worse. Then you turn on Jean and make her a spiteful hypocrite. I hate hypocrites. 5*****

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
How

How can the books be delivered to Jean.The house had been sold,Steve had bought a condo with his share.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
@Anonymous 06/09/19

The cuck is still seeing April weekly so he knows where Jean and April live

jimjam69jimjam69over 4 years ago
Good story

All around misery. Not a real sunny story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I've Read Most Of The Comments

By others, agreed with some and not with others, but one question I'd didn't see asked was why was Dennis at the bachelorette party and who invited him? Don't forget there were more than one. To me that implies she was still fucking him at least up to that point. "Dennis said that he never had a clue that he'd gotten Jean pregnant. He told the court it happened the night of her bachelorette party. She was drunk, he was drunk and although he didn't totally remember what happened, they must have done it in the back seat of his car. Jean swore and called Dennis a bastard in open court." But I suppose she was arrogant enough to wear a white gown. Don't know about other states but back when I went through this in Michigan, legally any child who was conceived by parents not married to each other at the time of conception was considered illegitiment in the eyes of the law even if the biological parents were to marry before the child was born. One hell of a story how one (?) deceit before a marriage by one person followed by another by the other person can destroy so much. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Shes a cunt

Soon as she knowingly passed off a kid as his that wasn't shes done

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Great Story

but it needed a final chapter. . . .

NitpicNitpicalmost 4 years ago
If

If April was born eight and half months after the wedding,there is no way she would have known she was pregnant on their wedding day.Also I think this story end leaves a lot to be desired,what did she do having read the book for example.If the book reflected his feelings why did he not contact her with a view to trying again.

LoejtcLoejtcalmost 4 years ago
Ecclesiastical ve Civil Annulment

An Ecclesiastical and a Civil annulment are not equivalent. Generally an Ecclesiastical annulment has no standing in a civil case nor are the grounds for awarding an annulment the same in each case.

Steve would have to seek a civil annulment in order to have the marriage declared null and void. Only through a civil annulment could the conditions of his divorce be altered. So alimony and child support would continue until he won the civil case. Then it would be up to the court to decide what his future obligations are, if any, and could he recoup past expenses.

His suit against David would also be a separate action for reimbursement of past child support expenses.

With a good lawyer, it is unlikely that Steve could prove that Jean knew of or "knowingly" concealed her pregnancy by a man who was not her husband to be. In reviewing the timing of events, it could be argued that Jean didn't know she was pregnant when they married.

Secondly a Catholic annulment must be approved by the Vatican after an affirmative review at the local diocese level. Six months or more is not unusual.

tazz317tazz317almost 4 years ago
LETS NAME THE TREE CLIMBERS WE KNOW

what comes to mind 1st is monkey clan, who are a lot of fun. TK U MLJ LV NV

26thNC26thNCalmost 4 years ago

Again. Both were cheaters, but she was also a liar and a hypocrite. Passing off another man's child as his is the worst possible betrayal. He should have stood to his guns and humiliated her as she did him.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Re: Loejtc

It's a STORY.

timrivtimrivalmost 4 years ago
Ending

This story need an epilogue or extended second chapter. Author has not written anything much recently and this story is ten years old, that said it was left with no resolution. Wish the author would consider continuing the story or someone picking it up and getting a conclusion.

BryciMegaBryciMegaalmost 4 years ago
5 star

I loved this story. By the end it's clear that they still love each other since he gave up the court battle he was destroying her in and her reading the book.

I see people are calling Jean out for being a hypocrite and marrying him while carrying someone else's kid. She was only 2 weeks along when they got married she had no idea the baby wasn't Steve's. I don't think she even knew April wasn't his until he had the DNA done.

I fell that her finding out Steve also cheated made her push all her guilt and hatred at herself onto him making her into the vindictive person she becomes. Your writing makes me hate and feel bad for both Steve and Jean at the same time.

Unlike a lot of stories on this site this one feels real.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Brycimega said it well. I agree,4 stars.

Enjoyed

Would like a follow up

WisquejacWisquejacover 3 years ago

Would like a sequel to this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
)finish it

FINISH THIS STORY..IT NEEDS A .....REAL ENDING

ONE WAY R ANOTHER

R

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I'm sorry that you don't see it but the story was finished. The title said it all and that was how it ended. It wasn't a happy ending but relationships (and stories) don't always end like that. i thought it sad but a well written story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
this is a beautiful story. In my opinion a page or a two would have done wonders.

A beautiful story

silentsoundsilentsoundover 3 years ago

Good story about a fucking shitty hypocrite named Jean.

What a loser.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Very good story. Despite all the vilification from both sides there seemed to be a huge amount of love still between them. It would have been nicely romantic if there had been a second chapter where they get back together again.

I fully agree with your comments in the prologue there are far too many trolls who claim they read the stories. I believe they just read the ending of a story and if the B hasn't burnt then they vilify the author with names like cuck, wimp etc. It's probably because they can't spell any other words and certainly can't string a sentence together otherwise they'd being publishing stories. Wouldn't they:)

tazz317tazz317about 3 years ago
MAYBE NO ONE CAME OUT A WINNER

just like no one ever wins a fight, BUT at least one of the combatants has a good feeling about the out come. TK U MLJ LV NV

kencorokencoroabout 3 years ago

Arguing about her not knowing of her cheating. Why is her ex-boyfriend at HER bachelorette party?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

He's such a depressing sad sack. Not a satisfying end.

He fucked up, but the wife threw it away long before. He didn't throw it away, the wife did by being a hypocrite.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The title says it all, divorce only has losers. A good story about a couple taking things to the extreme and the child stuck in the middle. Well written, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

What a load of crap. Steve cheated on Jean but he realized he made a mistake and asked for forgiveness from a Jean. Jean should have just chastised Steve but then forgiven him. Why because she had done worst to Steve. Jean had cheated at her bachelorette party, got pregnant and passed the kid off as Steve’s! Jean had unprotected sex! But no Jean is such a hypocrite that she can’t forgive Steve. Jean then rains hell on Steve for years and everyone including his own mother sides with Jean. Poor Steve has to suffer for years and prevented from seeing “his” daughter.

So a couple of years later after being pulled the legal coals by Jean. Steve discovers Jean infidelity and that he isn’t the father of his daughter. Well, if that happened to me, I would have been scorched earth all over Jean! I would ensure that she went to jail. This bullshit by the judge that he wouldn’t sentence Jean to jail because she was a mother is bullshit. Judges sentence mothers to jail for far less crimes. I would have judge toss out of office for bias. I would get back my since I paid all of the money for it. Since the marriage was annulled, Jean has no legal right to any part of the house since she didn’t make any payments. Steve only made a single mistake, told Jean about and asked for forgiveness. Steve got no forgiveness from the cunt hypocrite!

whateverittakeswhateverittakesalmost 3 years ago

It's nice to know he had some remorse and let his conscience rule his actions. Nobody wins in a divorce but to go scorched earth makes no one feel better. Lousy situation but redeemed somewhat.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Anon with 'The title says it all', the problem is that is not HIS child.

Why didn't they try for another child before the divorce.

Why is ex-boyfriend at the bride's bachelorette party?????Why??? Seems like a special privilege for him to attend HER bachelorette party. This only help prove that she was always a cheater coming into the marriage, pregnant or not.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Pretty good story, very accurate and apt title. Dum ta da dum. A few reviewers/critics have brought up some very important points; is it possible that 1- jean didnt know she was preggers at the time of the wedding and 2- is it possible that she honestly beleived that steve was the father until she got the facts at her fathers hospital bedside. Now its funny, she was going to BTB her husband over the cheating(just like so many want the husbands to do when the wife cheats), but even when her duplicity gets revealed she doesnt waver in her desire to castrate, inability of dems to deal from a strait deck or not have double standards.

Bilgerat13Bilgerat13over 2 years ago

With regard to Jean not knowing she was pregnant, how come he found a pengancy test kit box on his wedding day, but she had hidden/or thrown away the stick.

The real question is why she cheated on him at the bachelorette party? If she loved him then why, because she could, and she thought she'd get away with it; just the same as he did.

No winners there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Slutpuff… why the fuck can’t u make an effort to make ur male MCs atleast have one ball… if not a full gonad set? Do u wear panties to sleep? Do u put curlers in ur hair? Or do u go to work with lip gloss and mascara every day??? You do don’t you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is all on Jean. If she hadn’t of been such a hypocrite, she could have saved her marriage but she couldn’t stand the fact that her husband had a one nightstand with another woman! Her husband begged her to take him back but she just shit all over him. Jean deserved what happened to her. It is too bad that her husband took pity on her and drop the jail sentence. I think Jean really needed to go to jail for all of the hate she spread about her husband during the divorce and after it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

No one won because he gave up. This was weak bullshit. All he was doing was giving as good as he got

notredame43notredame43over 2 years ago

Shit story she's qm unfaithful whore cheats on hum passes kid off as his and he fucks around but I'd the bad guy. I'd disowned his sperm and egg donor for their shit too .

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 2 years ago

Good story. Very good story. Revenge seldom brings happiness except to an already dead heart.

calgarycamperscalgarycampersabout 2 years ago

Great story.

Thanks for sharing .......lots to think about

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesover 1 year ago

Enjoyed the story, it was a good read. Shows how crazy and stubborn people can be. Thanks for your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story line. Husband made bad mistake. Wife had sex with old boyfriend at her bachelorette party, thus making her a hypocrite, cheater and a true villain and this story's bad guy. Once again this author has a cheating wife disrespect and humiliate her husband and then walk away with little or no consequences.

A solid ONE STAR. This author could do so much better but seems to enjoy always making the guy a disrespected humiliated cuck. The husband is usually the bad guy, even when the story line shows the wife is the true bad person.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I have been a harsh critic of this author on many of his stories and rightly so... so, this is not an apology for my criticisms... however, I will have to admit this ithe best and most real marriage relation stories I've read from this author so far... if only they all could be this good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Men can be physically cruel especially to other men. But when it comes to emotional and psychological cruelty women have no equal.

We are brought up to respect women because we are taught they are the weaker sex. But who taught us that?

We would never hit a woman. But physical violence is generally a male characteristic. It's probably in our DNA dating back to prehistoric societies where man used violence to kill, feed and protect the clan.

Women have suppressed that characteristic in modern civil societies and rightly so. It has no place modern society except in war.

Women have retained their innate ability to manipulate and foster guilt in men. It is their weapon of choice and wield it expertly.

Men yeild to women due to emotional exhaustion.

If violence is a male trait then equally vindictiveness is owned by females.

LoejtcLoejtcover 1 year ago

As in most storylines, there is some level of contrivance in order for the conclusion to meet the author's predetermined outcome.

So if a public correction of the fraudulent claims made by Jean was what Steve wanted. He could have done it himself. His lawyer could have prepared a brief containing all the factual information about Jean's prenuptial pregnancy, her knowledge of same, her failure to inform Steve, available DNA evidence without revealing the name of the biological father, the Catholic annulment and the overturning of the divorce. A simple cover letter written by Steve to all the ex-friends, school administrators, both families, and anyone else of interest would have destroyed Jean's credibility and exposed her hypocrisy as well as making the marital fraud obvious even if he didn't pursue it in court. She would not even have the opportunity to attempt to spin the facts to appear less destructive than they are.

This story was published in 2010. I don't know how popular Facebook was at that time. But in today's world posting all that information on Facebook would more than satisfy Steve's need for vindication.

By doing this simple task, Steve could have offered the compromise he eventually did anyway i.e. visitation and selling the house.

Why the author chose to allow Jean veto power over the public exposition of her deceit and egregious behavior only he knows.

All Catholic Annulments must be approved in the USA but must be ratified by the Vatican which has the final say in the matter. Six months is a more reasonable timeframe for a simple straight forward situation.

A Catholic Annulment has no standing in a Civil Court in the USA.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

except for him becoming a drunk I liked it. I disagree with his pity party at the end, Ya, he was bad as he cheated but once he found out she was too and even worse I would have no regrets as the outcome of a divorce would have happened anyway.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I have read everything that Slirpuff has posted on this site, he has never failed to make me take pause and think about his story. Thank you.

kamdev99008kamdev99008over 1 year ago

Who says ---- No One Won

don't get confused....... this is an illusion imposed by the writer

Jean won everything.....

1- On Emotional Front..........

Family, Friends, Daughter and a caretaker as husband for herself, as well as father for her daughter

2- on financial front......

she enjoyed no expense home during forged marriage, Alimony during divorce and an equal split of nulled marriage assets

Steve is the only person not won ... even worse lost everything

1- on emotional front ..............

Love, Family, Daughter, Home, Respect, Social Status and mental sanity

2- on financial front .........

Job prosperity (no opportunity of promotion or new prospects because of defamation done by Jean and post divorce alcoholic trauma) , home finance, alimony, half investments

@Slirpuff dear......... think about it.....

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"It was no ones fault but my own. Maybe if I'd been a better man I wouldn't have done what I did. I had it all, a loving wife, a daughter who thought the world of me, and a marriage made in heaven. "

Oh, woe is me.......such a pity party. He had a life that was based on a lie and paternity fraud committed by Jean. His "perfect" life was an illusion built on betrayal and dishonesty. His..."if I'd been a better man" is nothing but telling himself he'd been better off to just eat his "shit sandwich" and pretend to have a perfect life that was nothing but a lie. What you don;t know can hurt you and pretending not to know is just self delusion.

Self-deception allows one to behave self-interestedly while, at the same time, falsely believing that one's moral principles were upheld. The end result of this internal con game is that the ethical aspects of the decision fade into the background, the moral implications obscured.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You can't get convicted for anything in a civil trial.

RePhilRePhilover 1 year ago

Probably the deepest story I’ve read in LW

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

If she was only two to three weeks pregnant when they married, she couldn’t have known that she was. Therefore there was no fraudulent intention. No fraud, no annulment possible. She got pissed and fucked her ex, who she couldn’t stand? Why was he at the bachelorette party? Was she such a sociopath that even though she knew she had screwed around, she still went apeshit when he did?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

yup...slutpuff proves once again that he is what he is... a panty wearing.. feminine human with a penis! The last page made me want to vomit..especially the last senrence...! All the guys fault...wow! She came 8nto the marriage fraudelently.... and never even apologised for the deceit! but she gets away scott free. the guy crawled on broken glass asking for forgiveness and a chance! but all he got was vindictiveness from April... and he is only at fault? This is exactly the moronic wimpy thinking that is causing American males to lose what little rights they have! Can almost see a reverese society in the US in a few decades where males are emasculinated at puberty and kept for pleasure and handy work by females who rule..aided by panty wearing male judges and politicians!,,

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Jean is crying because she won't get any of the proceeds from the sale of the books or the movie rights. Life tends to be expensive for cheating, slutty bitches.

NitpicNitpicabout 1 year ago
Why

Why were the books delivered to Jeans,neither her or her husband were living at their former address.Also how did Dennis attend a woman only party?.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Me thinks just words says much.

If can not say something————————.

LOVE slap-hapy-papy #9

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I don't get it. Yeah he cheated and that sucked and was awful of him. But she entered the marriage having cheated on him at her Bachelorette party and getting pregnant (contraception people!!!) and pasing April.off as his kid. What a mess. Neither should win. Ick.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

The first step, sinking as low as he could get then recognizing the error of his ways. Sending the novel: a plea for forgiveness (not necessarily reconciliation and certainly not restoration). Does she extend grace?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous