All Comments on 'No One Won'

by Slirpuff

Sort by:
  • 208 Comments (Page 3)
Merlin_the_MagicianMerlin_the_Magician9 months ago

Surely you could have written another chapter that either let both of them get closure or try for a redo.. MtM

slowhand21slowhand218 months ago

He fucked up but she was a despicable bitch!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Not to sound insensitive, but there is a difference between simply cheating and knowingly foisting the results of an infidelity - a child- on a unknowing spouse for an entire marriage. I means, she cheated, got pregnant, and went forward knowing the truth? It's not the contraception issue some commenters state either, because she was probably drunk at the time and rational thought doesn't enter in. There would have been options in the aftermath: a 'morning-after pill', a quiet abortion, or even getting down her knees, and begging forgiveness. Men marry women all the time with children by other men. My wife of 31 years had a illegitimate child in college from messing around before we married and I accepted her daughter as part of the 'package'. Never knew a child on that level before, and we've had a close bond ever since. Would he have done the marriage knowing this before the fact? Maybe, maybe not. My guess is if she had given him a choice, things would have been different, even if nuptials had not occurred. For the rest, HIS infidelity was also forgivable. In sum, two despicable acts don't add up to a good outcome when egos become involved.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

The wife character has some sort of mental illness. Nothing else explains her unbridled rage and incredible venom. This kind of emotional instability would probably poison her relationship with the daughter over time, and any potential suitors going forward. An epilogue would have her parents getting her psychiatric help because such instability would manifest in other negative ways than just relations with her Ex.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19695 months ago

left it at a point that could have headed towards reconciliation between two flawed cheaters. not the most natural plot but I did enjoy it.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Ignoring that both parties were cheaters, Jean got impregnated during drunken sex duringnher bachelorette party. Isn't that right before thr wedding? How woukd she know it wad thr othrt guy's progeny before the wedding. Not possible. She couldn't have known. She might be worried, depending on what she remembered, but she couldn't have known. In fact how did she even know she was pregnant. Women don't usually test till like 6-8 weeks depending on cycle. Besides wasn't she on the pill? If not, that is stupid. To be safe, any woman with half a brain would get a morning after pill to ensure not pregnant unless they were already trying for a child or she was deeply religious. Neither seemed to apply. Anyways, the point is that while a cute plot twist, she could not have knowingly entered into the marriage as a fraud, or at least certainly coukd not be proven, and ergo no annulment and certainly no possible criminal penalties. What struck me thiugh is her hypocritical vitriol and going nuclear when she damn well knows she cheated right before their wedding. That is so wrong on so many levels.

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

Wife cheated first. Projected all her self loathing onto him. Had the audacity to HOPE the child was her husband's. Or not. We'll never know. She's never once apologized for her affair. Or cuckolding her husband.

She committed the worse sun of the two. And her logical projection cost him many friends and family. He will never take them back after they left him alone and hurting. Fair weather people are useless.

Husband stepped up. Took on way more blame than he ought to. His demons are gone now. The title says no one won. But I disagree. Husband and his cuckold daughter won.

AnonymousAnonymous19 days ago

I stopped most of the way through the first page.

I can totally understand that kind of temptation and him failing.

Personally, very disturbing having been there and close to there many times.

Did not want to read about the destruction of their marriage, know that I have read many hundreds of loving wife story and like the intensity of many but Not when it's the man I guess because I can certainly relate. Most of the stories where the women are cheaters are unreal; there would be a lot more guilt unless they had a shitty marriage. Thanks for the story but I read enough.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous