All Comments on 'No One Won'

by Slirpuff

Sort by:
  • 207 Comments
bruce22bruce22over 13 years ago
Extremely realistic picture

of Hell on Earth. We all have the power to destroy ourselves! Take note those who are reading this. Thank you SP for a powerful tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Very well done

Sad, powerful and very realistic portrait of what we are capable of. I loved the ending.

OldStormyOldStormyover 13 years ago
Dark realism

A well thought out story. I felt as if I was a part of it, though as a spectator, not a participant. I thought the ending was extremely poignant. Both parties lost big time as did the daughter. Sometimes revenge is truly a two edged sword. Hate can also be a terrible destructive force as it was in this story. While it was a story, there was certainly a great message in it for those that care to see it. There will be readers who slam it, some who want to cut his dick off, some who want to torch the bitch and some who want to break Slirpuff's pen. For me, it was a really good thought provoking and well structured story. Thanks

BriteaseBriteaseover 13 years ago
Thanks

Sad yet lovely story.

swimwriterswimwriterover 13 years ago
Very realistic

Real because author didn't try to act highly after knowing the truth, so that he could be seen as good guy, like a real person, he went for revenge but regretted it after doing so, but wife was still bitch, even after all doing no remorse not single. but some real people are.

very entertaining.

thanx

AcatnamedsamAcatnamedsamover 13 years ago
So sad...

And quite believable. One of your best SP

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 13 years ago
Slirpuff has really come a long way.

His stories have always been interesting but the lack of editing in his early stories rendered them less enjoyable than they would have otherwise been. I am still put off some by a story told in the first person, then switching to narrative to enable the writer to include the feelings of other characters. That seems the easy way out.

That said, this writer has a real gift of describing the feelings and emotions of a normal guy with all his warts and blemishes, as well as his strengths. If his editor catches a few more little things like "head over heals", this writer will have it all.

RehnquistRehnquistover 13 years ago
Simply put . . .

the best and most poignant thing you've ever written. I agree that a few of the typos are off putting, but since most of us authors suffer from the same malady, it's hard to really criticize.

Yep, you're one of the best and most original in this category. And your incredibly progiguous output? Jesus, man, do you ever sleep?

woodmanonewoodmanoneover 13 years ago
More True to Life

than most cheating stories in LW. It's a sad but realistic story, well done. Your tale has a good flow and enables the reader to identify with your characters.

From a personal point of view, I didn't like the ending but it couldn't have gone any other way and still be as real as it is.

I guess I'm as dumb as a stump because I didn't notice all of the errors, typos, and grammatical problems. The story pulled me along so fast and got me so involved that my brain must have corrected them so I could continue to enjoy your story.

One of your better efforts. Thanks for your hard work and dedication.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
i wanted to quit reading

but i finished and i'm glad i did. it was a very good story. what made me consider quitting was this sentence "We met the same year we both graduated college at a Barnes and Noble bookstore of all places." You next line was " I had graduated with a degree in English Literature."

You graduated college at a Barnes and Noble? they let you graduate using misplaced modifiers?

And then you wrote "ADULTRY" in caps to make sure we didn't miss it. next time, write "adultery."

anyway, it's sunday morning, i've been at the office awhile, and maybe i'm just pissy. very good story, other than the above.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
HDK you want a put a lid on the sweet shit? this is Slipruff we are talking about

and this story like almost everything he writes is just well vile

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
A sad yet nice story

It's very refreshing to read a story with characters that make sense and have realistic emotions. It's also nice to read a story that is a story and not some racist personal humiliation fantasy put into words. So thanks.

That said one scene which would have been good would have to had her explain the kid to him. It's not typically part of a hen party to invite a former emotionally controlling boyfriend. So while it's clearly a plot device, she should have to explain it more.

I don't agree with the core premise however. The idea that he was better living inside the lie. His wife would always know the truth and where would he be in twenty or thirty years when he might find out? His marriage likely would still be over, but he'd be old fat and alone. This way he is still young and has a realistic chance at finding love again, it might even be with Rhonda or Jean?

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 13 years ago
Once again ONLY the Husband apologizes...

only in a SLIRPUFF story could the Husband be the only one who apologizes. The wife's tears at the end of the story are tears of JOY and HAPPINESS.

she won. She had finally won.

His own mother hated him.

He friends turned on him

His Business associates left him

FOR NO REASON....

sure the Husband INTENTIONALLY cheated so she has every right to shit on him and treat him with disdain.... BUT that is assuming that the wife was on the level.

Her shock and outrage was 100% false. The wife's reaction when confront by her ex husband with the truth PROVES she knew all along that April was NOT his daughter.

Despite knowing then truth... despite KNOWING that she was comitting a massive fraud and betryal ... she was filled with a deep hate and rage through the entire story.

Pathetically HE apologizes in his book.

Even though he demaned that the cunt whore wife call up and admit / confess to all those friends and business people that she had done somethig much worse... that demand was dropped as well.

classic revolting man hating pathetic sliprUff

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
No Harry, she didn't win

No one won. He dropped the scorched earth policy which allowed him to be at peace with himself. Her tears are because she finally realizes she should have taken the high road as well. Now that he is at peace with himself, some of his true friends will come back; the rest he is better off without. Will she now apologize? You can imagine either way.

One thing that is not clear is whether she knew the baby wasn't his. I think she was vaguely aware that it was possible, but couldn't recall the night fully. She wanted her fury to be righteous and never checked whether the baby was his. Even when her father and her attorney try to get her to drop the vengeance, she wouldn't accept her own responsibility. Worse, she didn't look out for her own daughter. I think her tears are her first acknowledgment of her own failings.

curious2ccurious2cover 13 years ago
What comes around...

Interesting story with heartfelt emotional responses to bad situations. I like that the husband (ex) finally realized that one can create their own hell while doing what they think is right for them.

I also like that the wife finally realized she had gone too far overboard with her ex.

The only one that really lost in this whole mess though, was the daughter. She had no part in what happened in either case but she has to live with the realities that her parents brought into her world.

Humans being human means that sometimes we all go too far when our emotions are tied up in the mix.

One of Slirpuffs better reads. Thank you.

cpetecpeteover 13 years ago
A good tale by a good author

Thanks Slirpuff for another good story. Well done and thought out as always.

Slirpuff had written that Jean and Steve had always used condoms-so Jean was 97% sure the baby was not Steves. However the way the author has written Jeans character, Jean had her own "don't ask, don't tell" policy.

While not a "burn the bitch" fan, I wish Jean had a bit more Karma payback. In the end Jean's lies and cheating was rewarded with child support, alimony (for about a year) she got to live free in a house and pick up 50% of profits from the home sale. But Slirpuf had to end the tale someplace and stop the cycle.

Realisticlly I can see the author having Steve forget about moving back into the house he paid for-as that action was nothing more then annoying Jean. Iffy is Steve character thowing away all the mortgage payments by a 50/50 split of the house sale. It was not as if Jean was not poorer, having child support payments from ex-lover Dennis. Plus Steve was still out all the past child support payments and alimony. A 70/30 split in Steve's favor would had been a better starting point for compromose-even after Steve found peace with himself.

Debateable was should the author have made Steve have give up on the demand of Jean calling the 12 friends about Jean's own little affair & result. While Slirpuff had Steve at peace-it would have taken a better man then Ghandi to let that one slide. Maybe Slirpuff intended for Steve to make the calls-and get his own personal payback.

Thanks Slirpuff for a good read-very well done again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
NO one won???

The wife won.........the husband lost, story over.

obtusemanobtusemanover 13 years ago
the attorneys won!

The wife did better than the husband. She did not win. The husband didn't; nor his mother, nor the ex's parents. The daughter lost, too. The attorneys won! Don't they always?

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I gave it a three.

The Good: I think that Steve took it as far as he could to get his justice knowing that he would never be made whole again. If he would have pressed the issue against Jean to further extremes, the little girl would have been impacted more than she deserved and more than she had been already. Still though, the truth, as painful as it can be, is most often best to be out in the open. Jean, Dennis and Steve's parents and former in laws might have thought differently in this story. But Steve doesn't have to have anything to do with any of them any longer.

The Not so Good: On the other hand, there were a couple of things that detracted from the story for me. The first is the exchange that went like this;""Steve, don't do this. Think of April," David said. I turned towards him, gave a shrug and said, "You should be talking to someone who gives a shit, because I don't."" My empathy for Steve took a major hit after that comment regarding his putative daughter.

The second thing that hurt the story for me is something that we see recurring in at least of few of Slirpuff's stories. He doesn't always give the reader the opportunity either: to understand what the offending wife was thinking or to understand where the offending wife was coming from. Did she know that she was pregnant with Dennis' baby? If so how did she square that with passing it off as Steve's? Could she really claim to love Steve and pass off Dennis' baby to Steve as his? Was she really just pissed off because she didn't get away with her deception for eternity? Did she ever have any remorse or regret at all for any of her own actions in this mess of a would be marriage? Did she ever have any feelings for Steve at all? We never know because the author doesn't tell us. The only thing that we see in this story from what we read is that Jean is an evil bitch.

The last few pragraphs should have been left off at the end. Steve did not owe Jean any thing. Her tears at the end didn't move me. She is left with the choices that she made. Why is Steve apologizing to her? She didn't apologize to him. It's popular in some of Slirpuff's stories to have the husband take the pain, the blame and the beating. Jean should look in the mirror this time. Everyone lost. At least Steve didn't lose as much as he could have.

Thanks for sharing. Ohio, USA

size14shoesize14shoeover 13 years ago
After a slow start...

This got interesting fast. Good story, well told. Who gives a shit about typos and other similar errors when there is a real story waiting to be read?

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 13 years ago
The theme or storyline was one of sadness.

the story is really close to probably being a true story, and has happened sometime and some where.

the writing and editing was very good as well with how the story was presented. A smooth reading and interesting story that held my interest through out the entire work.

thanks for the good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Good Read

It was a realistic story and liked it . Shit happens in life and not always to most peoples liking when secrets come out into the open . Good read , keep them coming .

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
reality

I suppose it happens more than we know that both parties try to cut each other's throat. His writing tempered his hate and his book made her realize what she lost and what bitch she has been. Not to mention that the child was not his. I think this is a very realistic story and Slirpuff should get the credit for it. It's certainly one of the better stories on this site. Thanks and please continue.

bigguy323bigguy323over 13 years ago
Frankly, I don't see the final compromise as unfair to the cheating ex-wife.

If he had carried on with his full intent it might have been a bit over the top. What he got was fair, especially after the hell that bitch put him through.

Okay, he cheated, so divorcing him was fair. The rest was just over the top on her part. His actions just balanced things out nicely.

The final scene with the ex-wife crying over his book seemed to be setting the scene for a reconciliation which I usually abhor.

If handled just right a reconciliation in this case JUST MIGHT work, but boy, would they have a lot of reconstruction to do.

northlandernorthlanderover 13 years ago
How true to life and accurate.

Another great story SP and so true. The old saying what goes around comes around is usually pretty accurate. much better to do just what you have to and do it in a civil manner.

DanielQSteele1DanielQSteele1over 13 years ago
Back to the really good stuff

As with most of your readers, I really liked this one. Your stories, and I've read a ton of them (JPB is the only guy that writes more than you do on a regular basis), tend to fall into two categories. One type is a fairly good, standard cheating/loving wife story. It works, it's a good read and better than about 80 percent of what's posted here. But there are other stories like this one and the one about the guy trying to raise money for his brother, that are top rank. They're in the same rank as stuff by Ohio and HDK and the giants of this site. It doesn't just satisfy you as a reader, it touches the heart. I've said it before but you ought to hear this more often. There are writers who are technically good, probably better than you, but they don't have stories to tell. There are other writers who might be rough technically (by the way, that isn't you anymore), but they write stories that grab readers and won't let them go. I always think of Edgar Rice Burroughs who wrote Tarzan and John Carter of Mars. The critics said he couldn't write his way out of a paper baq, but readers have been reading and buying his books for a hundred years and probably will be one hundred years from now. He wasn't an Author, he was a Writer. You're a Writer. Good story.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 13 years ago
Additional irony inherent in this story . . .

I think it is funny, or at least ironic, that the author wrote a story where the male lead (Steve) had need of better editing of his writings (hence, Rhonda)! Was the author showing a bit of himself, tongue-in-cheek? If so, it adds another level to this tale. I'm sure, having been criticized many times already, that the author knows he has lots of typos and other errors in his stories (my favorite one in this story was, ". . . entered into the marriage fully knowing that the child she was carrying wasn't her finance's)." This story was a lot like, "War of the Roses'," with the exception that Jean and Steve did not physically try to kill each other. But the hatred between them was so thick, you could cut it with a knife, as the saying goes. They say love quickly turns to hate once there is a betrayal. Of course, "Hell hath no fury . . . " and all similar sayings apply as well. Even though Steve did seem to take more hits than Jean, this was a fun read and had some original, folksy realism to it. Thanks for writing.

zed0zed0over 13 years ago
I Loved It For the Most Part

You managed to give both cheating ass holes pretty much what they deserved, even if (whatsizname) wimped a little bit in the end. Great revenge, and yes it is all about paybacks and revenge, and as we all know - I LOVE REVENGE! Makes me feel good! Kinda like this story almost did. As I said, the ending was a little light and wimpy, only gets you 4 outta 5.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 13 years ago
Come on folks-- even in male wimp land of Slipruff 2+ 2=4

the problem is that MOST of you are too fucking stupid to add 2 + 2 correctly. Did the wife KNOW that Steve was NOT the father?

of course and here is the proof... and this is why this story is...in the final analysis crap.

FIRST PROOF: When Steve confronts his ex-wife WHAT is her reaction?

The wife could of said "NO that cant be... "

she didnt.

She could of said "Steve I didnt know."

But she didnt.

what she said was this...

"So what? So you're not April's father, who the fuck cares. You were never much of a father to her anyway."

The wife KNEW her entire marriage and her divorce... her SOURCE OF MONEY.... was now in jepoardy. So was her status that SHE was a saint and he was 100% evil.

the wife said what she said HOPING steve would lose it and threaten her with violence or maybe even hit her.

sure she was angry.... but her righteous fury & anger was driven by the fact that she had FULL knowledge of her evil plot.

PROOF TWO: wife's reaction at court and her family.

wife.... "That bastard cheated on me!" she screamed.

FATHER SAYS.... "And what the fuck did you do to him? You got knocked up and stuck him with someone else's kid to raise. What the hell do you think he's was going to do when he found out?

she never says to her Mother/ Father "I didnt know"

*-*-*

Lastly all of this confusion come about befuase Slipruff has serious mental and sexual issue when it come to women. If the wife had Just apologized even one time... it would of brought clarity to the issue.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 13 years ago
to anonymous No Harry, she didn't win

ssumptions and baseless speculation

You wrote:

"He dropped the scorched earth policy which allowed him to be at peace with himself."

what the FUCK is that based on? Nothing in the story explains WHY he did that.

*-*-*

Her tears are because she finally realizes she should have taken the high road as well.

Oh my God...what the FUCK is that based on... the stains in your shorts??? Since the wife NEVER says SORRY to ANYONE in the story... not to Steve...not her mom & dad

... and to none of her friends of her friends... your aassertion is crap

*-*-*

"One thing that is not clear is whether she knew the baby wasn't his."

...Only if you are a Moron.

" I think she was vaguely aware that it was possible, but couldn't recall the night fully. She wanted her fury to be righteous and never checked whether the baby was his. "

wow... THAT is the point dimwit. Her ENTIRE life since she caught Steve cheating was that SHE was the saint and good one and he was the asshole.

IF we assume she did not know Dennis was the actual Bio dad then her reaction SHOULD of been very different.

*-*-*

MizTMizTover 13 years ago
Your Right

No one won. And who is at fault the most,who cares. If we can't be honest with ourselves and honest with the ones we claim to love the most, we all lose. It seems odd to be talking morality here, but then again it may be the best place to start.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
To DQS1:

Curious what are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be working on Chapter 5b of WWWM?

;-);-0

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
This was a nice to.

Too bad it ended on a sour note. each one pushing the envelope too far. Cheers Roger.

chytownchytownover 13 years ago
Good Read!!!

I loved the twists and turns. This was very different. "Thank You"

OldHidekiOldHidekiover 13 years ago
Thank You!

I liked that fact that Jean got the crap that she was dishing thrown back at her. She caused pain, and she deserved to get it back in return. I also like that Steve had the chance to press the issue, and let it go, and put his anger to work for him. The second book was a great ending.

TheCornhuskerTheCornhuskerover 13 years ago
Wow! Consider the author

I started to read Slirpuff's stories a few weeks ago and have read them all. I have been able to read how he has progressed as an author and find the need to compliment him on this story. Some of his stories have stood out like "Me and Esther", "Special" and a couple of others. But, I feel the author has outdone himself with this one, "No One Won." It was beautifully written with just enough twists to keep it interesting. It was readable, with good grammar and spelling. Slirpuff has grown as an author and needs to be complimented on his glib mind and wonderful manner of expressing himself. He has made every point and we haven't had to get out a dictionary to understand what he is saying. He has kept things simple, yet complete. Great job....keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
What was the reality

To lay this all on the husband is bizarre, as husbands do indeed cheat but this one cheated in things he denied.

He made excuses for condoms, for early births and for a slut having her hen's night out. He knew this "wonderful woman" was a fraud, knew she was a domineering shrew, so he acted out in an affair in the exact opposite of what he was married to.

In that, the ending was extremely bad. A control freak wife insane with hatred about cheating and she is the adulteress who started it, and you, have him take all the blame.

I knew the kid was not his from the first mention, so no mystery in the twists and turns. You are on par with the Bob's who post here in the same blueprint formulas.

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpeteover 13 years ago
3/4's of a perfect story, raging with both emotion and a perplexing....

....lack of explainable behavior on the part of the wife. A perfect storm whipping up the nitrogen count in Harry's bloodstream resulting in his current seizure. Kind of don't blame him (it reached a crescendo when she screamed "Bastard" at Dennis in court). At first I thought perhaps you wanted the reader to see her as mounting a defense through good offense but you wrote her behavior without hint of cause.Still, this fun read is one more proof that no author has a more eclectic track record with plots within one category. Thanks.

LifeisRealityLifeisRealityover 13 years ago
Multiple KUDO's Author

You captured more emotional insights to human nature than anyone had any right to.<P>

Harry is right more then he is wrong but often fails to realize that people aren't always rational nor can authors always dot every turn with the finality he needs. That reality cannot always be anything other then life with its unexpected inexplicable nooks and crannies.<P>

Author - you are certainly among the best here and with effort could arguably be the best and still have lifelike wort's of non-perfect reality.<P>

So we hope you are still having fun and continue to entertain us.

KirkelKirkelover 13 years ago
Why is it always about who won?

Yeah, no one won and everyone lost...but if you are looking out for your spouse, you always want them to get ahead; to be the winner; to gain at any expense, even at your expense; you win! Both of you win! In return you have a spouse who wants the same for you.

But this isn't a perfect world or relationship and she got jealous and nasty then all hell broke out. To all you 'Touch the Bitch or you're a Wimp' scenario lover, well, I'd hate to live in as cold blooded a household as that.

Forgiveness is hard but more for yourself and healing than most can realize or believe. Of course its impossible to forgive someone out to make life hell, when they won't let you. There lays the crux of the story.

The only possible answer is time. In the end he gave in. In time she realized, with a book, his book, what she'd done. Given a little more time I'd like to think they'd forgive. Maybe/probably not get back together, but with forgiveness comes winning again.

Again, I think you can all win with time.

Just my thought. Thanks for the story Slirpuff!

Rob

angiquesophieangiquesophieover 13 years ago
no one?

no one won? of course not. harry won. he always wins, doesn't he? even if he doesn't.

slirpuff wrote a wonderful story. of course it could have been better. every story always can be better. but he wrote a story about human beings. harry doesn't like stories about human beings. he loves logical plots and puzzles. and he gets enraged when even tiny parts of his puzzle don't fit. he calls us morons, if we don't agree. and we should be lucky if he doesn't write that down as mornos or mronos.

thank you very much for your stories, slirpuff. and for this one in particular.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
WOW!!!!

This is by far your best and probably saddest story to date! An emotional rollercoaster and very realistic. Just a few typos (than instead of then).

I have to wonder did Jean know that Steve wasn't April's biological father.

~S

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
back on the way up.

Your postings are headed back on the way up, good to see. thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
wow

this ....didnt suck. it was at times touching, sad, hell it was happy towards the end, despite the tears and his woe is me book. yea he screwed up but lets be real here, it all started with her banging derick or whatever at the hen party. supposedly ppl who have cheated often act in extremes, they go the way april did or they do a complete 360 and act submissive and way too forgiving. she couldnt even realize the reason she hated him so much was a reflection of how much she hated herself. thanx for writing this. oh yea, that god you didnt have him puss out regarding his family. they treated him like shit and his mom even told him to kill himself because she just does not care anymore. i say fuck that and fuck them. he needs to move on with his oh so loving family.

bobby9909bobby9909over 13 years ago
Good!

Sad... but captivating. I think I was thinking something was wrong when she was so worried about being pregnant.

This story just cries out for a sequel written from her viewpoint.

Thank you very much for your efforts. I do enjoy your work.

pogmapogmaover 13 years ago
What really needs to be done!!!

SP this is easily your best written story. Your editor could work a little harder but it isn't a real big deal. Thanks for a good read.

Now for what really needs to be done. Someone needs to give Harry an enema and take the pressure off of his brain so he can actually have a lucid thought

jasonnhjasonnhover 13 years ago
Cost of cheating

Husband cheated on his wife. He deserves to be shit on. But Jean is an insane harpy. He got screwed in the divorce and that's not good enough? She has to destroy his life? How will he pay child support? All this because he cheated once? I'm not saying he deserves to be let off the hook but this revenge is like the stories where the guy gets a lap dance at a bachelor party and the wife in retaliation ties him down (almost killing him) and fucks a bunch of guys in front of him. It's insane. Of course it's a bad cliché that he then falls into the bottle. His life did suck pretty bad because of his ex I guess. I knew as soon as the bachelorette party was described that the kid wasn't his. So he finds out and he goes nuts. I can't say I'm surprised. Jean worked him over pretty bad and she can't seem to recognize at all that she cheated before he did. That makes her reaction even more crazy. When she found out he had cheated a rational person would probably have thought "Well, I did too so maybe we're even". But Jean sees herself as a complete innocent. I somewhat agree with Harry. We see Steve agonizing and compromising and accepting his responsibility for his actions. Jean does NONE of this. Are we supposed to see them as equivalent? They both cheated. He was quickly remorseful. She went nuts. My philosophy on this is that a cheating husband is a moron and usually deserves what he gets but this was nasty. Good story and unfortunately realistic given how some people act.

SlirpuffSlirpuffover 13 years agoAuthor
Slirpuff didn't wait for me to finish...

I am SLIRPUFF's editor and his wife. He sent the story in before I could get the last read done. I probably would have caught 90% of the errors that the readers caught. He usually is in a hurry to get it posted and get the feedback. He's usually three stories ahead of me and patience is not one of his virtues. When I tell him that i need to go over it twice more he thinks I'm nuts. He reads what he thinks he wrote and I read what is actually on the paper. Sometimes a big difference. I'm glad you enjoy his work except for Harry...

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I love comments

First, this is an excellent story. The point, "no one won". Look at the hurt both parties endured. Sometimes the consequences are not just in what was done in revenge, but also, what changes happen to the parties. Jean turned into a shrill.

One issue that was not covered but should be included are the consequences for children in a split family. They can be horrible. So, Jean has her daughter's teen years to look forward to, when the daughter will blame her for separating the family. Typically, this works out in behavioral problems that single parents just love.

I thought your use of annulment interesting. I assume that you meant that he first went to the Church and had it declare their marriage null. I am not Catholic so I don't know their stance, but given the facts strongly doubt that they would give him one. Why did he need an attorney for this?

Also, I am not sure why you though that a religious annulment would somehow influence his civil divorce. The two are not related.

I know that in California, annulment is not even in the code anymore. I suspect it is true in many other states too. I thought that this part of your story was very weak, especially as Jean was only a few days/weeks pregnant when they got married. She probably didn't even know that she was pregnant when they were married.

If you follow any news sources you may know it does not follow that proof that one is not the father will terminate your obligation to children previously deemed yours. Many courts, siding with the child, see the "father" as being emotionally bonded. Even with positive DNA proof, men have been ordered to continue child support and visitation. Of course, a counter claim against the actual father could be made.

I LOVED your editor's comments. She sounds like a keeper, which you must know as you married her! Thanks for writing. I wish that I had some of your creative juices!

Ttom

MissouriUSAMissouriUSAover 13 years ago
Good Story!

I kind of wish that the wife would have been forced to explain why she lied about who her daughter's father was. And also whether she had any regrets or remorse for her behavior in committing the fraud that ultimately annulled her marriage. The way it is written she comes off as an evil bitch who is sad at the end, but she was never called to account for her part in causing all of the pain. Still a good story though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Loved it!

Needs another chapter tho..

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
great story

needs a chapter 2. maybe forgiveness somewhere down the road. also maybe the daughter finds out the truth

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Did you have, like, an ending in mind?????

Kind of a silly way to end a fairly passable story...

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 13 years ago
Truly a monent of clarity!!!!!

I think no one ever really wins a divorce, especially when children are involved. Great story!

SilverWolf78754SilverWolf78754over 13 years ago
Some suggestions...

This story has some good groundwork to build upon. There is a lot of heart and anger, but at the end some softening. I would suggest trying to round out the female characters. Maybe work on heart felt changes in behavior and have the characters grow into better persons as the story progresses. Use 'Knox County" by Rehnquist as an example. Knox County was written in third person, but it gave a good picture of each characters inner thoughts and desires.

huedogghuedoggabout 13 years ago
the story was good but

I have just one question, why is it that theman has to talk the high road and be a man about a cheating woman? The kids not his and even if he loves the kid. He is the one that has to put aside his pride and ego and suck it up and keep taking care of another man's child. I know it's a story but 90% of the writers her have the man looking like some weak bitch that will take any cheating bitch back and raise their bastard kids.

bigguy323bigguy323about 13 years ago
Frankly, he's better off with out the bitch. It was HIS OWN weakness for booze that did him in..

Her hatred of him was way overblown, but I hate cheaters including this one.

huedogghuedoggabout 13 years ago
Why

Slirpuff, why take the high road? From the begining she lied, and yet he is taking the high road. Write another part where she get run over by a truck.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
What happened?

Jesus H., what happened to Slirpuff? What happened to revenge and retribution? To see Steve go soft at the end of this was sickening. - lonewolf3307

GreylocGreylocabout 13 years ago
Just something wrong with this story.

Slirpuff, Mostly I like your stories, but this one left me feeling a little cheated. Yes, you male character cheated, his wife rode him hard and put him up wet, but she went into the marriage knowing that she was pregnant with her old boyfriend's child. Everyone turns against him because of her (even his own family) and still he decides that an "Oh, it's all my fault" attitude is the best way to go. I just can't see it. It does not seem that (as you put it) "His balls grew a size bigger". This should have been SCORCHED EARTH and salt the ground so that NOTHING can grow back from it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Thanks

I always enjoy your stories and right now I'm working my way through your portfolio again.

I know people want retribution, some want strength of the male character, me I just like the way you put the different points of view across.

Your work keeps me coming back to read time and time again and for that I wanted to say...thanks!

C

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
I didn't rate this story because I don't know how.

I didn't like that he treated her so nice at the end instead of seeking revenge for the Hell she put him through. On that basis I might have rated it 2**s. Nevertheless, the story is so well written that I could see rating it 4****s or 5*****s.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
many comments missed the point.

Like many others, I enjoy catching the bitch and burn her in hell and make her suffer mentally, However in this case there a bigger picture beyond revenge. It is call April. Even though he is not her biological father. He is her DAD.

If we can get over this self absorb need of revenge, collateral damage on kids will be minimied..... and just maybe husband like Steve may have a happier future rather than living in anger like Jean

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Slirpuff. You just changed my mind

An excellent story, a well written warning.

Guys who make out that she was a whore for having sex after a party at which her so called friends got her drunk and let that asshole Dennis seduce her are loonies.

The only thing she was really guilty of was hypocrisy.

But if she was only two weeks pregnant on her wedding day, she may never have realized it was not her husbands baby and if she as the author states was out of it for two days after the party she may not even have remembered having sex at the party anyway.

Reconciliation is now possible, now they both know their weakness.

Oh, the change of mind? I had thought on the basis of some of your other stories that I would read no more of your work. but this was much better, thank you.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
THE PROOF IS RIGHT THERE FOR ALL TIME

no one, no body ever wins a fight, whether its physical, mental or familial. TK U MLJ LV NV

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 12 years ago
all of you are so worried about April

Let not forget what Jean's father said, April isn't Steve's daughter. Also she showed her true colors, Steve cheated, he admitted it and she fucked him everyway from sunday. But were was that honesty when she got fucked. I like how some of you said she was so drunk she didn't remember. Hummm lets see, you wake up with your pussy closed because of the dried cum that's also sitting on the crack of your ass, hummm no I didn't get fucked I spilled some elmer's glue on myself. And that crap about the bigger picture, were was that when Jean did all she could to bring him down. In the end Steve just pussied up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Let's not forget

WBCs like huecuck were here long before Closet Cuckolds took over.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
How Dare You...

... suggest that anything is more important than Torching the Bitch? You're a threat to every living guy's chest hair with such heresy.

And don't you know that a Real Man would never give a damn about a child he's raised and fathered from her birth if it turned out that she wasn't his "seed"? Real men turn off love and commitment instantly if their dignity is threatened. A real man would never feel any sense of obligation to a child who's known no other father under these circumstances. After all, what's a child's trust and love compared with the manly satisfactions of revenge?

Thank God I don't live in PukeDog Universe.

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 12 years ago
well you two faggot anon's

fuck both of you dumb ass morons, I never said stop caring about the daughter you dumb fucks. But in the end she isn't his daughter. I see it all the fucking time, the wife cheats the husband finds out the kid isn't his and unless he pays her he can't see the kid. Then there's the fact that not the true is out he has no rights. Been there done that, my ex was a whore and is still paying for it. Before I would give a cheating slut my money I would burn the fucking house down. But a couple of cuck wanna be's like yourselves would know anything about being a man would ya.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
go huecuck, it's your birthday!

you speak for all us admitted cucks, hammer those anons! they don't know what it is like to be emasculated and humiliated like we know it. just because we have tiny limp peckers doesn't mean we don't have feelings. we got cucked so hard our forebears felt it.

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 12 years ago
It's (almost) all about the story.

I enjoyed the read. The usual Slir errors, which I'm used to and kinda expect. I like the circularity, where the story ends where the story starts, just one level removed.

What I DON'T like are the commenters getting into a dialogue among themselves about things they are confabulating about each other.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Damn, huecuck is turning into duna commenting 20 times

Guess this story hit too close to home for the guy. Being cuckolded is no fun but some guys get up and keep fighting and some just lay there and bawl like babies. Never happened to me but the few guys I know who have been divorced came out okay because it didn't turn them into violent, insecure, fearful, misogynistic lumps of trailer trash. Maybe one day huecuck will dry his tears and get back up, or maybe he'll just lay there and whimper like the rest of the beaten cuckolds.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 12 years ago
WOW

Incredible story. Everyone cheated and everyone paid the price. Lesson learned:

DON"T CHEAT ON YOUR SPOUSE

CONSEQUENCES ABOUND

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
True to life

I guess some people. need a kick in the head to learn. I'm not sure who was really to blame. But in the end they both paid th price. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
wow huedogg, you really do have a stalker

You must be gay or either the anon is, who ever the fag is. They are always talking about how much of a cuckold you are. Some anon like this fag that's allways calling everyone else a cuck my be one themselves. I was a cuck for 3 hours, then I was a wife beater. The I was sentence to 36 months probation for fucking up a fag like anon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Liked the story

but I had been him, I would still have made her apologize.

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago
the bitch

should have taken his "I am sorry" and not tried to cut his balls off. fucking cunt cucked him and had him raise another mans baby - then she had the guts to bitch him out. what a slut.

Danger09Danger09over 11 years ago
Always loved this story

I've read this story dozens of times & I'm still amazed at the gall of this bitch. She cheated , got knocked up in a back seat of a car than pawns her bastard kid off to the poor schmuck Steve. Then she has the audacity to castrate steve when he confesses to cheating; instead of her forgiving him & possibly confessing to her own backseat sluttish behavior she decides ruining his life would be much better. Wow what a fucking bitch ! I think Steve shouldn't of gave her any proceeds from the house sell, after all she made his life a living hell, I would've burned the bitch at the stake! She wanted to cut his nuts off , she brought this all on herself. Steve's parents are fucking douches, you're suppose to stand by your flesh & blood regardless of what they did, & for Steve's mother wanting to communicate or start a relationship with Steve after learning that jean was nothing more than a slut is fucking ridiculous, I would've told them to go fuck themselves, they were his parents not hers so for them to take her side over his shows where they loyalty lays; yes Steve fuck'd up --so what they're his parents! It's ok for them to be pissed off & be disappointed but for them to cut their own son out of their lives over something that had absolutely nothing to do with them is not being a good parent. I really would've like for jean to burn... I don't like what she did to Steve. Steve cheated , he was sick over this yet she married Steve knowing she was already knocked up by someone else's kid & she didn't plan to disclose this information --ever! If it wasn't for the DNA jean would've still had steve paying for her kid & just to show how vindictive & selfish she is she swears that he won't ever get to see April, when that's hurting the little girl more than him because he's not the biological father so he'd eventually move on but she still would be fatherless, this bitch doesn't deserve a child let alone be married. I think Steve let her off way too easy. Everyone is a loser in this story but all of that could've been avoided if jean wasn't such a spiteful bitch, she didn't consider what her actions would do to her daughter April it was all about jean & what jean wants.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 11 years ago
I gave it a 3 for the second time

like I said before, everyone understood how she felt. He cheated, but owned up and admitted it. And some how he's a cheating bastard. She started out as a cheating slut and once again slirpuff has him blaming himself because he wrote a book and partied to much got drunk and cheated, after some years in the marriage. She got drunk and cheated a couple of days before that got married. She knew the kid wasn't his and lied about. His mom turned on him and some how he's the bad guy, what a world we live in.

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago

im with you on this one dog - what is this bullshit about no one won? would it have been winning if she got his fucking balls?

TheGrimReaper81TheGrimReaper81about 11 years ago
True to the title: No One Won...

Everyone lost, especially April.

It is said that adults are children that has gone insane... amen to that; adults can really fight amongst themselves so in such pathetic manner, that it makes a whole school yard of 6 year old's appear adult!

RhomanovRhomanovabout 11 years ago
Two sorta won, One lost

A child who is still innocent eough to grow up into a real person: sorta winner

A man who can finally move on: sorta winner

A woman who is still blaming everyone BUT herself: loser

If the ending had been better drawn and a bit more fleshed I would have rated 5*

It wasn't - great till the end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
If you go to war.....

you better be prepared for the fallout. Not many people survive this type of war unscathed and they didn't. Well written, sad tale.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

motherfucker wimped out in the end....dissapointing ending. you really know how to fuck up the climax fucktard.

monkcalmmonkcalmalmost 11 years ago
am i shocked

considering the author no, the guy gets fuck and she gets it all, oh wait her hurt her feelings...awww ...wow thats harsh aaayyy, yawn as predictable as ever, like reading a text book on 1's 111111111111111111111111111111111111111... surprise ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Agree with previous comments.

She declared the war. She fought it with unforgiving savagery. Now, the truth comes out that she was a cheating slut and this poor guy (who has been blued and tattooed by her) wimps out. Screw it.

FullCircle56FullCircle56over 10 years ago
ADULTRY? Really?

Slirpuff, I've learned a few things about story submissions and formatting that can actually change the spelling. But ADULTRY? I find that hard to believe. How about ADULTERY? There were others. Ok enough from the spelling police (LOL)

This was an ok read. Can't say I liked the ending though. But you're the author. If I was him, I still would have forced the issue for her apology. Then find a common peace. At least you didn't have them reconcile.

OneShotOneOneShotOneover 10 years ago
I love your stuff

I have you as one of my fave authors. But I do not understand how anyone can say No One Won. The wife walked away with everything she had when she declared war on him. She didn't even apologize. If the protaganist tells himself that no one won it's because he's deliberately deluding himself.

sugnasugnaover 10 years ago
Not Quite True

The Lawyers always win! While the family that is suffering the divorce always loses, the lawyers family always benefits. How many college savings accounts have been siphoned off into the divorce vortex only to reappear in the college savings accounts of the lawyers children? Yes, there are winners, lawyers consume the remains of the family the way worm consume a corpse.

EMiamiRiverRatEMiamiRiverRatover 10 years ago
So what if there's a mispelld word?

The story itself was good, concept interesting, and delivery at the edge of the envelope. What the heck do you want...approval from Sister Theresa, your three-grade spelling teacher before you'll accept a story, or do you wield her hand-smacking ruler now?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
If you plan to destroy someone

You better be prepared for the fallout. Well written story of how love can turn to hatred in the blink of an eye. Unless you've been involved with something like this in real life, it's almost impossible to understand how one person can try to destroy someone they loved just a short time ago. But it happens. Excellent portrayal of the feelings involved in this kind of mess. I guarantee you the biggest loser was April.

phil2213phil2213about 10 years ago
Very deep touching story.

Hey, I've been to the rodeo myself. I've been the jackass and been with a few also. When it comes to a story of regret, this really is prima focie. I don't know about the spelling in my last sentence; perhaps one of the grammar Nazis can check it out. I read this story twice. It wasn't good, it was fantastic. Thank you for your effort!

xtchrxtchrabout 10 years ago
Really!

I thought it was a very interesting and different story. I enjoy stories that have a few twists and imaginative plots. If no one won, someone must have lost. Deep down I don't think that the guy really lost. He supposedly lost a wife who cheated on him and willingly had him raise another man's baby, and was not a very good woman. He supposedly lost a daughter that was not actually his. He only lost the illusion of a marriage and a family. He went from wimpy in the beginning to real hard in the end. I wish he would have moved on a little sooner and forgot about his ex and then tried to form some type of relationship with his ex-daughter. Him living well would have been payback to his ex and his supposed family and friends.

KarenEKarenEabout 10 years ago
Restraining Order?

You've used this before, and I can't believe a restraining order would be issued without allegations of violence. It certainly wouldn't affect visitation.

And if they both realize that they were both wrong, and regret what they lost, why can't they at least TRY to re-connect?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
do you

do you write country and western songs? Your occasional reference to them and your stories hint of that. Whatever, you sure know how to spin a sad tale some with happy endings, some not but all will raw human emotion that few achieve.

kdcee79kdcee79over 9 years ago
Good story

One of your better tales, well told & quite realistic . 4 ****

impo_58impo_58over 9 years ago
Always no one wons...

Good story...And in a divorce case no one evers wons, more when are children involved...

gara5289gara5289over 9 years ago

I think this is you're most realistic story i've read, maybe not in events, but in the emotions the people had.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
beg to differ

Say what you will, but this whole ball of wax started when she spread her legs at her batchelorett party and decided to deceive her fiance. Would he have married her if he knew? To say the fault was ALL his is bullshit. She was a fraud. And made his life miserable when what she had done was even worse. You're right, no one won, but if she hadn't been a slut to start, none of this shit would have happened. Not once did she show remorse for her deceit. Never once apologized for her sluttish actions. Never once acknowledged her absolute betrayal.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
No

Fuck you. He won. He shouldn't have to raise another man's child. Fuck you for doing this shitty story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous