All Comments on 'Not My Type: Felicity Ch. 08'

by firstkiss

Sort by:
  • 98 Comments
spygrl007spygrl007over 13 years ago

yay! So glad I double checked to see if you posted more of the story!

It was a good ending - I'm glad Flick forgave him so easily :)

AShrewdOneAShrewdOneover 13 years ago
Ummm...

Why can't I give this 10 stars? NOT. FAIR.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
none

This was shaping up to be my favorite of the series, but I can't lie: I am severely disappointed. Maybe it's because I'm a spiteful person, but, honestly, he couldn't talk to her because her dad was there? He spend an entire WEEK avoiding her because her dad was there? He sees her EVERYDAY! He couldn't suck it up for two minutes & set up a time where they could meet alone? He's not an idiot - he's a coward.

And I wanted more for Flick.

I'm more forgiving towards her because she's never had a relationship & she's struggling with self-esteem & worthiness. But to see a strong woman who's survived so much & endured so many hardships succumb to someone who's been so cowardly: it makes me sad that she'd settle for the one guy she'd been waiting on for too long. It makes me think she's only doing it 'cause she's too afraid of doing anything else.

I understand your desire to make Matt human - maybe you succeeded too much & that's why I'm so displeased. But I don't think you did enough to redeem him nor did you give Flick enough credit. A simple, "I'm sorry, I'm an idiot" & she can forgive him like that for walking out on her without a word because he tells her that she's pretty?

I still love the rest of your series & your writing, as always, is amazing. But having this chapter as the last makes your ending rushed & your characters two-dimensional. I thought Flick would be stronger than a few compliments, thought she'd have a little more pride. And it seems like Matt hasn't changed: he gets what he wants with minimal effort.

Thank you for sharing! I sincerely hope that I'm fonder of the next two parts when you get around to them.

Odd_One_OutOdd_One_Outover 13 years ago
Amazing

This whole series has been incredible. Can't wait for the next couple!

Ceet3677Ceet3677over 13 years ago
Love it!

My favorite one so far, but I have to admit I'm sad it ended so soon.

me71me71over 13 years ago
I loved it!

@anonymous: Yes Matt was stupid for doing what he did but can you give the guy a break? It was a week! Not a month or three or more. Haven't you ever made a mistake?

@FK: Another smash! I think Matt is one of my faves but as I asked on loop, can we get into the male's head a bit more in the next one? Keep up the great writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Loved it!

A agree with the others, this is my favorite story so far!! Such a great ending! One thing I love about your stories is that you continue to write about the past characters lives even when you have moved on to new characters stories! I cannot wait for the new series to start and I cannot wait to hear more about Felicity & Matt! I check in with you every day and hope that you start the new series soon!!

zooey4luvzooey4luvover 13 years ago
Your Best Yet!

The series has been, by far, my absolute favourite. I had some doubts about Matt earlier on, but now see him for the kindhearted, jovial and insecure person that he really is. I love these two together and can't wait to see how their story progresses in the next two character installments. Please don't make us wait too long for the next series, you truely are one of the best writers on this site and it would be a pity to be without your talents for any longer than a week (hint, hint). Thankyou for introducing us to the lives and hearts of the Tanner family, I will be forever grateful.

hopkinscmhopkinscmover 13 years ago
Please Disregard....

The email I sent you. You are forgiven. Now that my life is complete, I'm going to bed. Great story and a wonderful ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
My favorite by far...

But the ending seemed kind of rushed and oh so very short. I don't mind how fast she forgave matt but it was an abrupt ending. I thought there would be some discussion about her father's drinking with matt and maybe another chapter showing the dynamic in the shop. You mentioned matt helping get new ideas to make more money for the shop and felicity's voice maybe she could have persued singing Orr something for herslef that she enjoys. All she got out of it was matt, not that it was a bad thing but it would have been nice to see her do somethig for herself. Sad to see it end this way. Great work just very short and quite a tease.

-MK

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

I am going to be late for work because I could not peel my eyes away from this story. Fuck it! It was well worth it. You are amazing FK, you honestly inspire me!

LakergirlLakergirlover 13 years ago
Nice ending

Thanks FirstKiss. Good ending and lookinf forward to the future ones.

I guess Matt is forgiven although I hope Felcitiy makes it clear is should never happen again. Have to say still looking forward to Nate & Adele getting hitched(to see Adele become a mom -- hint hint-- couldn't help myself) so I'll be back whenever you are back with more!!!

Peace

Lakergirl

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I got so excited ...

...when i saw another email saying "It's up!"

As per usual, you didn't disappoint :)

Thanks

Mags, Ireland

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Favourite Character... not fave ending.

I love the way you write, and some points of Matt and Flicks journey had me in tears. I love Matt and Flick. However, I did feel the ending didn't really do the characters justice. It did feel rushed and I felt that some things were left unresolved. Flick appeared too weak in this chapter. You gave her such growth in the chapters before and in this one she seems to have revered back to being small and weak. I wanted to see more strength and confidence in Flick.

I understand the pressure to rush the story... from your readers.

Regardless of the critique, I do enjoy your writing! Wonderful storytelling!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
AMAZING!!!!

I have spent months reading all of your stories and NOT MY TYPE is my favorite. I love the characters and I very much hope that you keep writing and keep the stories coming. :) Im so glad that you got Felicity's story out so fast. Honestly I was at my computer waiting every tuesday XD

Great Job!!

LakergirlLakergirlover 13 years ago
Comment

You introduce some very intense issues and situations within your stories. Unfortunately at times, you bring them in and resolved them too mildly for the seriousness and nature of them (i.e. Mr. Tanner/Rhiannon, Tom's problem and Matt's behavior). We want a happy ending but also a true resolve to the issues that bring people together and love is all the more important when you take your lumps and make amends.

We've all felt slighted when someone's really screwed you over and you just get a "Sorry about that". Doesn't quite cut it and I think a few were looking for it in this story (and maybe others).

Also to know and see their relationship grow from the forgiveness takes wait for the next story when it would be nice to see a peak at it in the end. When Lilly's story ended, I was like "Well....ok guess that's all folks." And I've already expressed my thoughts on the Rhiannon/Mr. Tanner thing so......hopefully these interesting and intrigue situation you develop in the next two stories, you'll perhaps be open to giving the entire looksee into how the not only come about but make resolution

If you ever want to expand those issues/resolve them, I don't think you'll lose any fans but just continue to thrill them. We're all coming back so I hope that's never the worry.

Peace

Lakergirl

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

I loved the ending. I didn't mind at all that she forgave him so quickly and it didn't really feel rushed at all to me. Everyone seems like they wanted more for felicity, for her to pursue her singing or see the garage get more business and make more money. But I think this was much more realistic. Just because someone has a good voice doesn't mean they're automatically going to be put on the radio and made famous. And big changes like everyone was hoping to see at the garage don't happen overnight. Her dad's progress though was a HUGE thing that doesn't happen to a lot of people who are going through such an experience. That was a great part of the story to include, seeing her dad slowly start to come around again and make progress toward healing. I think that alone was a big step for Felicity to be able to fall in love completely without having to worry so much about her dad and the garage. She no longer has the weight of the world on her shoulders and if she ever has to again, Matt will be there to help her.

Woo, I really babbled on there! Anyway, I really loved this story, loved the characters, can't wait for the next! I hate waiting every week! ;-)

luv_romanceluv_romanceover 13 years ago
wow!!!

What a wonderful story. I especially like when Matt suggested to spend time with Tom. Exactly how i wish they would include him to help him overcome his addiction. Bravo!!!

You had a hard time? Not evident at all. You make writing easy as breathing. You are a superb story teller. Kudos to you. :) Write more please. :)

About your dad, I did not know is slightly based on him. Am glad your dad is doing well. I know you played a lot on his being sober. congrats. :)

continue writing please.. (and yes, write fast!!!) hehehe. :)

PennLadyPennLadyover 13 years ago
Okay

I have to agree with a few of the "naysayers." This story was very...ordinary. Flick was sweet but inconsistent, and Matt was never really developed. I can go for a best friends story (I wrote one myself), but this didn't seem to have much "there" there.

For Felicity, I thought she had a good background for character development, being raised by a father who didn't know how to do it, and that would be a good contrast with Matt, who had a more stable upbringing. In fact, I found the relationship between Felicity and her father more compelling than the one between her and Matt.

Then after we get a lot of Felicity not being terribly comfortable with her femininity, she's quite the flirt with Matt. ??

Matt is apparently supposed to be a ladies' man, but all we have is a couple of characters' words for it. We never see that kind of behavior from him. In fact, all we really see is Matt being very sweet most of the time. His biggest mistake -- and this kind of blew the whole story for me -- was running away from Felicity. Who was in *Matt's apartment!* I couldn't believe the guy would ditch his own place.

It is hard to believe that for a whole week, especially when Matt lives above the garage, he couldn't find a minute to talk to Flick, if only to set up a better time to talk later. And honestly, the "I was scared of my feelings" answer to everything was a let down. As, to be honest, was Flick's reaction.

He ran away but she was never angry? Come on, Felicity, get a backbone. She should have been furious. I get that she loves/d him, but that makes her seem very weak. As others have said, she deserves better from herself and from him.

You write very well, and I did care about the characters, but after a while, I didn't care too much.

sprezzaturasprezzaturaover 13 years ago
Too rushed

I agree with PennLady -- this was too rushed for me. How is Matt going to really respect Flick when she doesn't stand up for herself, and she just throws herself into his arms after all he does is say he's sorry? Just saying you're sorry, calling someone pretty and throwing in the L word doesn't cut it -- what happened to actions speak louder than words? I also really enjoyed the Flick/Matt dynamic up until he cut out on her and she just whimpers in the corner until he comes back to her. Where's the Flick who stood up to her dad? Where's the Flick who had the courage to sing in public? If she lets Matt walk all over her in this instance, there's nothing barring him from doing it again.

Many of your stories have great suspense and serious conflicts, which I appreciate. Unfortunately, it seems like they often come to a screeching halt and they have a pretty bow tied on the end which doesn't seem to fit. Without the solid ending, the entire story is cheapened.

firstkissfirstkissover 13 years agoAuthor
More apologies, I guess

I'm sorry if anyone feels disappointed by this chapter - that certainly wasn't my intention. I'd hate to think anyone felt I'd done Felicity a disservice by not writing her 'strong' enough or that I'd rushed into an ending (although I think if I'd taken any longer to publish THIS version, I'd have been lynched by some of you for making you wait). Truth is, I feel confident about the way I've ended this - sometimes even strong people have moments of weakness... and anyway I don't see Flick as weak at all, merely forgiving. It's amazing how much we can forgive someone we love. I like that they're not a perfect couple, because frankly no one is. Although maybe next time I should stick to a little more fairy tale and a little less real life since that seems to be the preference.

I'm glad you've all taken the time to read my chapters and that many of you have taken the time to express your opinions. Your feedback is the only payment we writers on Literotica receive and it's rewarding to know so many people are invested in my stories, even if they're not always 100% satisfied with them.

Thank you again.

Cheers,

firstkiss

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Incredible

You are just the best. What a shame their story has ended, hope to see little snippets of their happiness in the next story as we have with adele, lily and rhiannon. I really really loved this ending and think flick got exactly what she deserved. Thank god Matt noticed what was right in front of him!!!

I think those commenting negatively on the lack of substance in this story need to get over themselves and their high mindedness. If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. Nobody is forcing you to read it.

Best of luck firstkiss, on your book and future endeavours, please let us know when it's published. I will always be a fan x

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Hmm...

I've still given you 5 stars, because without doubt, your writing is amongst the best on this site.

But this chapter didn't quite work. As others have said, Flick seemed to forgive him far too easily. I would've expected some resistance on her part. I don't entirely buy Matt's excuses for not attempting to talk to her during the week. Actually, scrub that, I didn't buy that part, full stop.

It's as if you wrote this chapter a while back then tried to make it fit with where you'd got to at the end of Ch. 07. And the imagery was beautiful - windswept beach, Flick's cheeks tearstained, etc. But then, poof! Tension over, just like that. There's no question in my mind that Flick, if she'd stayed true to the character you painted, would've given him a much harder time. In short? Matt needed a much better excuse for his behaviour. Oh, I know you might say that in real life, people really do behave like that - and they do - but the difference between fact and fiction is that fiction has to be believable. :)

You could quite easily have not given into the pressure to put a sex scene in this chapter. In fact, I suspect the chapter might have ended up stronger if you hadn't and you could've finished the story with a shorter resolution tagged on to the existing Chapter 7.

Instead, this chapter lacked depth and was mostly pure fluff. Fluff's good, if fluff's all you're expecting, but frankly, I was expecting a lot more.

I'm sorry if that seems harsh. I've loved all of your other work, but this finale was a bit of a disappointment.

Having said that, I really do appreciate the many many hours it must've taken to produce this story - for free!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
excellent

Don't listen to some of the others. It was well written with passion and

romance. I'm only sorry you finished!

honeybreehoneybreeover 13 years ago
Great story but I agree not so great ending...but I gave you five stars regardless

I must say this is the first series I read by you and I loved it so much that I' am checking out the other stories by you since you are a great writer. I must say Flick and Matt are great together because of their dynamics but something about this story still feels unfinished, I get wanting them not to be perfect or wanting a realistic feel but some parts didn't translate that way. I think she should have made Matt grovel a bit more...lol and did she officially end things with Ryan? I mean I' am glad she got the guy of her dreams and love but what else does she have besides him? It seem that her father's alcohol abuse still wasn't address enough and Flick is still haven't grown enough into her own person to find a life of her own, it still seem that she is living through obligation not for her. I get the feeling that your other female characters have love but still have a definition of self, but Flick doesn't. Like others said, I wish you would have made her explore her singing talents some more, made her leave home, and stand on her own because even though she is a great mechanic it just seem that was a profession she felt obligated to do and live the way she did because of her dad not for her. I' am all for great romance and vulnerability but that shouldn't come at a price of strong female leads.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Glad for the happy ending, but...

I gotta agree with the comments that any sane male member of our species, imperfect or not, would not abandon a woman in his own house (apt, whatever). Speaking on behalf of the gender, when we get freaked out, we tend to do crap like not calling, ignoring phone calls or texts, etc. since let's face it, our communication skills suck. But it would take something pretty colossal to run one of us out of our own house, so I was a bit disappointed with the explanation. This would've fit better if Matt had grown quiet or distant in the morning, followed by staying distant from her.

Anyway, I still really enjoyed the story and the somewhat less than ideal characters / situations. I actually quit reading this series when the first male character of the "not my type" series was a tall, dark, unbelievably attractive man who rides motorbikes, is a chef, is an amazing lover, and, oh yeah, has a "dark" side. That's not someone's type? But I eventually came back as the story developed on to Ri & Adele & Felicity. I thought they got less perfect and more interesting along the way. Keep going, I like how your stories are developing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
loved it

I loved it but now am disappointed it is OVER! *sigh*

well done, as always.

mokkelkemokkelkeover 13 years ago

glad for another update, but as some pointed out, it felt a few things were missing that were present in previous chapters/stories.

keeping in mind that some things are based on RL things/events/persons, i wouldn't dream of a fairytale ending.

however i felt that Flick could have reacted a bit stronger to Matt just ditching her in his own apartment. IMO she forgave him too easily. yes he's genuine about his apology but i would have loved to see him grovel a bit more. fairytale or not, you don't ditch a girl in your own home ;-)

the story goes fine as it is, but once he did talk to her that sunday i would have preferred to see Flick agree to another date and let Mat do some groveling on the work floor. also using this time to tell a bit more about Flick's dad coming back to work and his struggle and conquering. just adding another week like that would have made it even more perfect.

i'm not saying i didn't like how it is now, only saying that fleshing things out would only make it even better and more real.

i rather wait a week longer on a good story then pressing the writer to write faster and thus letting it be possible to give us something that feels not finished because you felt pressured to deliver. a week i said, i'd even wait a month if that would mean getting good stuff to read ;)

for a true fan it doesn't matter how fast you write(of course getting regular updates is 'tha bomb' but sometimes time is what you need to deliver ;-) )

i'll stop the rambling now(i only ramble if i really really like it!!)

now the waiting game for adele's

mokkelkemokkelkeover 13 years ago

as for adele, i know she already had her story, but seeing how they keep popping up i'd love to see another chapter dedicated to her wedding (and hopefully a baby, that would make her feel so complete!)

cpm09cpm09over 13 years ago
loved it!

First, congrats on your dad, sweetie. I loved this story, love Flick. What a brave and honest girl. She just faced every obstacle life threw at her. honest in never betraying herself. I had tears in my eyes when it ended. thank you for another gem. looking forward to the next one. but could you finish writer's block? ;-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Loved it

Can't wait for Chucks story... or Vi's. Please keep the stories coming!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Consistently great

Thanks for another great chapter! Initially, I was very angry with Matt, but I like that you made him real, charming & insecure together. I'm sad to see the story end (my Tuesdays won't be the same without this to look forward to!). It feels slightly incomplete to me, but maybe that's because the obstacles that these two faced were different than, for example, an unexpected pregnancy or a boyfriend with a felony in his past. I wish we could've seen a bit more about how Flick's dad makes progress, but I'm hoping we can look forward to mentions of that in future "Not My Type" stories? I can't wait for more (I find myself intrigued by Chuck). I hope you continue the series once you've worked on your book! Please do keep us posted. I really appreciate your dedication to your readers in your regular updates, the fact that you communicate with us, and that you finished your latest story before taking a break (bless you for that!), and I can't wait to see what you write!

Best of luck!

P.S. Regarding what a previous commenter said: tall, handsome, pierced & tattooed men who ride motorbikes are SO not my type. But hopefully I'll be a little less quick to judge in the future :)

NightimevisionsNightimevisionsover 13 years ago
Another Home Run

You once again leave me astounded. I hope that your break from us is a short one, as I cannot wait to read more from you. I also hope that you keep us up to date with your book so that all of us fans can help you achieve the success you deserve.

Cheers!

Nightime

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Love your stuff... But...

I took 24 hours to mull things over and now have to say that it left a something-missing aftertaste.

FK, I don't think you should apologize though - especially not for being too real. It's an amazing talent that can draw so many people in and make them so invested. We begin to think of the characters as real people and worry for them the way we would watching friends going through the same type of things. What bigger compliment could there be?

That said, if Flick was my friend I'd be shaking my head and worrying that she/Matt are headed for a big blowup from glossing over the frustration that she must have. Seems more real- given her insecurities- for her to let him off the hook now but not really let it go.

Oh well I guess a big argument can always happen in the midst of Chuck's story. :)

DeeLilyDeeLilyover 13 years ago
Yet another great story!

I actually enjoyed that you made him a real man - one who can be a brat and then man-up and admit his mistakes! I look forward to the next coupling!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
good luck on your book and keep us informed

I can appreciate your need to walk away and write a book, but please keep your fans informed of the books status so we can buy it and in some small fashion pay you for all the wonderful work you have posted here on lit.

Ignore the haters because anybody who has read your series knows that this not the end but merely a move to a different focal point of the tanner clan.

I look forward to hearing more about all of the tannners in future installments of the series.

Sincerely,

A long time reader and fan of the wonderful stories that you choose to share with us.

MollyDollyMollyDollyover 13 years ago
Your stories make me think...

And this one made me cry. Matt messed up, but he manned-up and made things right. I just... *shrugs* I love your work, but sometimes I think I need to leave the romantic erotica genre behind. It makes me feel horrible about my life and my relationship *sigh*

My issues aside, I love your work and I appreciate your effort and your talent. Thank you, FK :)

bulltlrbulltlrover 13 years ago
My Dearest Firstkiss....

I have great respect for both Pennlady and Mokkelke... both are superb writers and I agree with some of what they have said.... this chapter did seem a bit rushed and Matt's character perhaps needed a little more development with that being said..... not everyone can or is an Alpha Bitch nor are all the Men in the world Dashing, Romantics who know exactly what to say or when to say it!! This story is not written from Matt's point of view its Flick's.... pssst It would be interesting to read Matt's side!!

I guess I understand this story because its me........

I did not find Flick to be weak.... She was running a garage on a day to day budget (my man and I run a diesel repair shop), Taking care of her father (my man is a working alcoholic who is trying to remain clean..... and if you haven't lived with an alcoholic you have NO idea what kind of strength it takes to mentally and physicaly survive!), and she is in Love with what would appear to be a total flirtatious, mouthy, individual but in reality he is a man unsure of what he wants and needs and is scared of the strong emotions he has for her...... (I have a Matt)

OK I will stop rambling now.... I feel like I could go on but....

Congrats to you for bringing real life into your story and making everyone feel uncomfortable!! I hope as you continue this series that we get a clearer understanding of Matt and that he doesn't become something different just because your fans say he isn't believable!!!!!! Ok I promise I will stop typing now..................................

victorechovictorechoover 13 years ago
A wonderful, real, story

FK,

I have spent four years reading your work. Hell Yeah, all of NMT, I even have taken a stab at Writer's Block, although I cannot seem to track that one...but that might just be me. Not all stories will appeal to all people. That is the truth about writing. I certainly would not expect your work to be different.

Matt comes across as a very real, very flawed man and you have managed to show us this. He has a wonderful heart and eventually overcomes the shyness and bravado that he has used for a shield for so long. These are not easy tasks to do in the real world, they are even harder to depict on paper and I think you did a wonderful job.

As always, I look forward to your next writing endeavour, and as I know from personal experience, I will wait until you are ready to write. At the end of the day, we have to please ourselves. If we do not do that, then the writing is meaningless.

And if I get a lead on an agent, you will be the first to know.

See you in "Vegas."

Vic

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

Though am happy u finally posted the long awaited last chapter, i must say, that it's not your usuall standard AT ALL. I LOVE your writing but with this post, things are rushed and unrealistic.

On a more general note:

I will miss you greatly during your break. Hope you get back soon. Good luck.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

YES...please keep your fans informed of the books status so we can buy it and in some small fashion pay you for all the wonderful work you have posted here on lit.

Pls say it is so...anybody who has read your series knows that this not the end but merely a move to a different focal point of the tanner clan...

I slept on it and I can't let go. (sniff) This can't be the end. I need one more little chapter. Just a little Thanksgiving or New Year's get together so I can say goodbye or see you later Tanner family. (Sniff)

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
about time :)

great as always! hopefully we can still hear from these two characters in your upcoming stories.

still looking forward on your writer's block series :)

evanslilyevanslilyover 13 years ago
Don't know about you...

... but I always find the last chapter of any story the hardest to write - particularly the last page. And boy, did you have us invested in your characters! I almost didn't want this story to end. 5 stars, well deserved.

Hope your novel goes really well and it's snapped up by a publisher who wants to give you an enormous advance - it's about time you got paid for your efforts. :) Looking forward to seeing you back here eventually - maybe you could throw a one off story our way every now and again??

All the very best, hun. Lx

BelliniBelliniover 13 years ago
A Let Down

I looked forward to this chapter and found myself so disappointed. I don't agree that readers don't want reality, and that you should write fairy tales. What your readers are saying is that you are a talented writer but you need improve on some points. I buy that Matt freaked out, I do not buy Felicity's response to it. If anything, you wrote the fairy tale version. In real life, people get hurt and demand answers. I felt like you needed more about their actual relationship. All we have is delicious tension between the protagonists, nothing about what they are like together outside of the bedroom. It seems like you try to take short cuts in your stories and explain it by saying that you don't think everything needs to be seen "on screen." I think that you have the makings of a published author, but there are definitely some points that need improvement.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Is this the end?

Seems like this could be the end of the story, or there could be more. I'd love to know more about these two, but it would be fun to read about them from the point of view of Lilly or Violet or Adele. Or Joe, even!

Keep up the fantastic work.

inidnainidnaover 13 years ago

Great stuff :) I love all your stories. I'm still quite keen to find out what happens to Adele and the Rev. I mean, I felt their story just kind of ended unexpectedly... But I'm sure you'll keep them in the plot for the rest of the stories you write with the Tanner family! Can read your stories over and over!

And I agree, keep your fans informed about your book! I'm definitely gonna be searching for it whenever it comes out and can't wait to read more on here for now!

lostchickenlostchickenover 13 years ago
Simply amazing...

Can I just say how incredibly happy I am at how you concluded this series. I know there is a lot of comments out there that are a little disappointed but I think it was beautiful. Sometimes it takes more strength to forgive quickly than to start playing games by making him grovel. He knew he had stuffed up, she knew he had stuffed up, the whole family knew he had stuffed up and I fail to see how a couple of dates would have made it better than his heartfelt and genuine apology. I think we have been spoilt for choice of perfect gentlemen that sometimes we fail to see the honour and respect of an imperfect gentlemen.

You wrote the piece beautifully, it was real and heartfelt and on par with the rest of your characters. I have been a fan since the beginning of Lily's story and bar a few cliffhangers, you haven't let me down once.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Matt & Flick....

are my absolute favorite! i've read the entire series and happened upon the new story. so glad i looked today! i can't wait to read more of your work...keep it coming!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Is this the end?...

Firstkiss,

Did you wrap this up so you can work on your book? Or will you be back with more? One of the things I enjoy about your stories is how your characters sometimes "visit" your other stories. I remember the first time I noticed the bartender in another story. I was thinking "Hey, that's...!" Keep up the good work!

flickeringflameflickeringflameover 13 years ago

Wow! I read the entire Not My Type series this week. It has turned this crusty 70 year old into a hopeless romantic. I lived through every scene and felt their emotions. Love your characters and can't wait to read more.

Martyr2002Martyr2002over 13 years ago
Not a proper ending

The story is great but the ending feels unfinished.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

LOVE THIS SERIES. So glad to come back and catch it, amazing!!! <3

misskitkatmisskitkatover 13 years ago
:D

Firstkiss you're such a wonderful author!

I've never felt compelled to comment on a story before but I have to tell you how brilliant you are!

The way you write makes all of us fall in love with your characters and their stories.

Please never stop writing! :P

xx

SecateSecateabout 13 years ago
Quite simply, amazing

Hi firstkiss

Your Not My Type series has honestly been the best romantic work I have read here on Lit, and I can only hope we see you return to do a story for Chuck or Vi.

Heres hoping, and thank you very much :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Blown Away

I am from this side of the world, and it amazed me to find this story here. Your stories have touched me so incredibly and I thank you for writing them. Fantastic plots, character development and cohesiveness between the stories. Please please please don't stop. Would love to hear more from these characters. On to Chuck and Violet!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
good going

I don't say this about most stories that I read but this would be a movie I'd watch. Great character development. interesting too! Great job.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
The most amazing series I've ever read.

Your talent for writing is crazy and unbelievably wonderful. Your way of describing each scene and getting through to your characters is simply amazing and more than just brilliant. Your stories are both breathtaking and sexy.

You write incredibly and all the scenes seem special in its own perfect way. All of your stories have the perfect amount of humor and charm. Truly one of the best works I've ever had the pleasure of reading. You are more than just a magnificent writer, that's all I have to say. I'd love to read your work some more in the future. I hope you'd keep us all updated should your works hit the bookstores all over the world ;)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

I always cry when i read the heart to heart Felicity and Matt have at the beginning of the finale chapter. It shows how the pair finally realize their feelings for each other. Not My Type: Felicity is by far my most favourite, most read story on Literotica- and that's rich coming from a person who never has the patience to read a whole story more than once. Love your work, and can't wait until you get the whole Tanner clan matched up.

Peace, Love, and Imagination,

G

MsGuidedMsGuidedover 12 years ago
beautiful

Thank you so much for sharing your talent on here. I am in love with this entire series, and hope you'll consider posting more!

sexylexy12sexylexy12over 12 years ago
waiting for the next one!

the chuck and violet stories!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Please write more!

I hope you continue, I want to read about Chuck and Violet! Your writing is beautiful and the stories had me so wrapped up, I got 4 hours of sleep before work because I couldn't put it away. Thank you!

F_WhateverF_Whateverover 12 years ago
Can't wait for "Not My Type: Megan"!

Can't wait for "Not My Type: Megan"!

And then for Adele's marriage, and then for babies for Adele, Lilly and even one more for Rhi, and finally for "Not My Type: Vi"... :) Maybe the story will need to move a few years from the current time, but still.

Thanks for writing, the "Not My Type" series is pretty good.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
A wonderful read

Fantastic stories- consider getting them published as a novella.

Actually, I found it really quirky that you started with the story centering around the three friends and then changed the prespective to pairing off the Tanner children. It was difficult at first because I saw them through the eyes of their siblings, and then saw them through the eyes of their partners- and it left a bit of an "icky" feeling that took time to shake off with every new partnership.

I must admit, Adele's story was my favourite because Adam is such a sexy, charismatic male lead. But Flick and Matt were the most fun to read as a couple, especially before Matt got all moody. Rhi was my favourite female, because I prefer females with less constant insecurities, and she seemed pretty sure of herself most of the time.

Thank you so much for a series without the usual punctuation and grammatical errors. Credit to your editor R. Mind you- still room for improvement- missed a few words and spaces here and there.

I can't wait for the next instalment (one "L"- I'm Aussie) and in particular I can't wait to read about sassy Vi and her man. In my mind, he's someone like Adam- prominently, darkly seductive, but with a heart like Matt or Adele- innately and obviously caring- the Tanner clan wouldn't allow anything else for the youngest of many siblings, all of whom would want to protect her from all the hurts of love.

Thanks for an enjoyable few days in the company of your well-written characters. Truly delightful.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Thank you!

You are a great writer. I read He'll Yeah, I Thought I Hated Him, and all of Not My Type in like less than 3 days! I just couldn't stop. I really like the Not My Type series! I can't get enough of it. And I love how your first story He'll Yeah got connected to Not My Type. Everything is just so great! I hope you continue the series! Please don't leave this series unfinished by not going through all of the family!!! Don't stop please. Thank you once again! ~<3

LiteralLeeLiteralLeeover 11 years ago
firstkiss

So, there is another meaning to the phrase... "nothing so wonderful as a firstkiss".

Luv you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

I was going to leave a comment here at the end of your NMT saga and congratulate you on your male characters. Very rarely are female writers here able to capture what it is to be a guy, but Adam, Nate and Joe felt like me, like my buddies. I was astounded...

...and then i read this chapter. Matt spouting confusing, female-voiced mumbo jumbo about how he's "scared". Doesn't happen at this point. You demonstrated that he's wanted her and really pined over her. You had her told that he was afraid early on of losing his best friend, but you had them come together sexually in a way that read, to my guy brain as sealing the deal utterly.

that he then panics and runs away from his own place because he's scared? it jarred harshly. very reminiscent of letting Joe's parents off the hook for their shocking, nearly out of character behaviour in the Rhiannon arc.

Question, where's that Ryan douchebag? that whole thread vanished utterly. Had he returned, and Matt misinterpret Flick's bodylanguage or something she said to Ryan, Matt's disappearance would have made a lot more sense.

Also, you have the tendency to touch on some really deep and painful issues, then drop them, which is a shame.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Outstanding.

Couldn't stop reading all of the story line, even at work. Would love to read more. I love your work. I'm a sucker for happy endings. I would happily buy a book based on these people.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Could not stop reading

So sad it's over! Maybe you could do chuck next?1D9D

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Very disappointing ending.

I started this story loving it and ended it disappointed. If you wanted to make Matt imperfect that fabulous but then you have to make the consequence to his action appropriate. You stripped Flick of her character in these last two chapter. You made her the typical bodice ripper heroine. She ended this story with no depth or characterization. You took away her character's self worth and I can't figure out why. My goodness, she said she didn't blame him she blamed herself for his choice to be a coward. Really???

I think as an author you have great potential. You just need to spend more time on your consistency, flow, and character development. It very much lacked in these last two chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
More Tanner...

I want to read more of the Tanner clan love story. Here's a challenge for you. Deal with the love and sexuality of their aging parents. Finish the young ones first and can we PLEASE see Adele and Nate get married on a warm beach resort and her get pregnant.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Marvelous

Simply stupendous outstanding mind blowing and above every damn thing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Love these stories!

Wow, I loved these story lines. I started with Lilly and read through the night excited to get to know the rest of the characters! Your writing had me moved to tears at points and bursting into audible laughter at others! Please keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
@kdc1414

Actually, the author was correct to create Felicity this way. There are many documented cases of young women (and the rare young man) who will blame themselves before they'd blame someone they love. Especially in a situation where a friend becomes a romantic partner. And, already, our author has created a varied group of people spanning a surprisingly diverse demographic: the lawyer who can't trust, the reporter who feared, the wealthy shop owner who couldn't believe. To have a character who doubted so entirely her own self worth, I guarantee you, is more real a character than any of the others put together.

As for comments that the relationship progressed too quickly, it has to be remembered that Matt has been working in close proximity to "Flick" for a while, already establishing a relationship with her and, obviously, she with him. It is not so far fetched, then, that a relationship of coworker, peer, and friend might evolve in such a rapid fire way into romance, although it does seem a little "Hollywood" to do so.

Over all, I have loved the many varied and individualistic characters that firstkiss has created and sorely wish that she'd continue to write more. Chuck is still alone, as well as Violet (who, I will admit, I'm fascinated to find out more of). Also wouldn't mind a wandering traveler from America who's been to Europe, but, then again, that's probably my own personal quirks :P

All the best, fair author.

Sunflower74Sunflower74almost 11 years ago

Love love love this couple...So realistic.

I love the Tannner clan, too, wish I could hang out with them all.

dairetodairetoover 10 years ago
Awesome series

Have loved reading about the 3 girls and Lilly's family. Hope there are more to come

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
WOW!!!

I have worked my way through all of these stories and you are GOOD!!! I look forward to more in the future and I will look to your other outlets.

Cindi47Cindi47about 10 years ago
Fantastic!!!

Thanks for the great story!! I loved how you developed each character and their flaws insecurities. You are correct about dealing with a family member with drinking issues. I'm reading through your stories and have fallen in love with your writing...

Thanks so much and keep up the wonderful work!!

Tootsall222Tootsall222about 10 years ago
Loved the story...

in fact I enjoyed the entire series, having lived on The Island. BUT I wish the links in the "Also In This Series" block led to the correct chapter instead of always back to the initial "Not My Type" sequence. This is probably a Literotica error?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Thank you

Felicity's story makes me cry every time. Hits a little too close home I guess. Thank you so much. For writing this, and for sharing.

obabyobabyover 9 years ago
A fan's hope

I just read through all the Not My Type stories in the last 2 days, and notice that this chapter was the last thing you've submitted in almost four years. As a fan I would love to read more, and humbly note that Chuck probably has an interesting story to tell- Megan McMillan, perhaps? And Violet would have graduated school by now, and be a grown woman in her own right... Just saying. And even if you're tired of this story line, you write well. I hope you share more in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Better late than never

I just read your story. I loved all the insecurities that Felicity experienced, it must have been painful to work every day with someone you love and not reveal you true feelings. The first time they made love was how sex should be, a refreshing change from the stereotype sexual encounters that spill out of Literotica stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

This was by far my favorite pair from this series. I love their dynamic. It probably helps that I can relate a little bit to Felicity. I even had the exact same conversation (and I mean word for word) with the last guy I slept with about me being afraid I was squishing him.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
This was great story.

Matt & Felicia's changing dynamic was great to see.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Love your writing

Love all your stories with the Tanner siblings. You are a wonderful writer and I am so looking forward to reading more of your work. I know it's been awhile but I hope you publish something again soon. Well done!

drif10drif10over 8 years ago

I've really enjoyed your work in this series.

As I've read on your blog, life has kept you busy. Hopefully you'll find the time to wrote again, waiting to see what you come up with for Chuck and Megan.

ParttimereaderParttimereaderalmost 8 years ago
Chuck and Violet to go.

This one had a couple of loose ends including what was happening with the business. And Nate and Adele's engagement.

Now just need to finish of matchmaking for the Tanner clan.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
ANYBODY HERE?

I LOVE your stories this set in particular was so precious! Please let your readers know if you're writing your stories elsewhere! We miss you!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
More please.

Just finished all of them. VI and Chuck need their story told.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

love your point of view. ever heard of the PNCC? [ polish national catholic church] with a happy heart and a shallow mind. slap hapy papy #9

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

I will not beat around the bush: yes, I do read Literotica stories because of the sex. On the other end, I guess I'm a sucker for romantic stories with happy endings. Your's have sex in them, sure, but they have so much more. I found myself hurrying up the "juicy" parts just to go back to the "main" plot. Well done and keep'em coming! No pun intended... :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
thank you, firstkiss...

on to your next one!

Emma_WilliamsEmma_Williamsalmost 3 years ago

I loved this story. You're an incredibly gifted writer. I hope to find more gems in your works :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Brilliant story again.

poutniklpoutniklalmost 2 years ago

I read this story about 10 years ago and still cherish it in my mind as the all time Romance favourite, together with the other stories from the Teller's universe.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Absolutely love all yours stories, but especially this one. Congrats to your dad on his sobriety, and continued serenity, strength, and hope to you as you heal. Keep writing - you have a real gift. ❤️❤️❤️

LrtikagraphLrtikagraphabout 1 year ago

This is an amazing series. Matt and Felicity are so multidimensional, so real. Felicity’s dad too. The writing is somehow both vivid and elegant. I just loved it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userfirstkiss@firstkiss
3012 Followers
A lot has changed since I began writing on this site 16 years ago as a wet-behind-the-ears 20-something — met an amazing partner, got married, started a business, and became a mom. Life with a kid underfoot doesn’t exactly make for much free time for sexy writing. I still da...