All Comments on 'Old Fool'

by ohio

Sort by:
  • 208 Comments
wetapapwetapapover 18 years ago
if there's not a

part two, start running, your ass is grass and i'm the lawn mower.

saw_man1saw_man1over 18 years ago
Short and well done

Man, you are on a roll. A very engaging short story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Excellent

that's how it should be done. "Fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice shame on me".

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Revenge is sweet

Surely that can't be the end of the story. You wouldn't do that to us would you? A rich old dude who's sharp enough to get his back and you want to take him away from us. Tain't fair. Thank You for the story anyway. Ronnie W.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Pathetic

A guy with all the power uses it - how exciting!!! Too many people get their rocks off by dominating others - okay, if that's what does it - but erotic? I think not

LeBrozLeBrozover 18 years ago
saw_man's got it right~~~~~~~~~~

Done it good here - took care of her and promised her a good life; forgave her and gave her a chance to make good; good description of the period while he tried to see about rebuilding trust - she could have had it all; best I feel for her is sadness; she screwed herself.

jaggers0053jaggers0053over 18 years ago
ok,but

silly ending. very petty action for a supposedly rich,sucessful and highly intelligent man.

not a bad story 'til then

don

PAPATOADPAPATOADover 18 years ago
Good Read

It is a pleasure to find readable stories everynow and then. This was a quick enjoyable story. The parts that were left unexplained made it more interesting. Keep writing the good stuff.

Blue88Blue88over 18 years ago
Well done...

A very well written, well developed short story, but also sad. While many of us may want happy endings, not always are they possible. Appreciation to the author for a well crafted tale.

EffectEffectover 18 years ago
Hope you continue

I hope this story continues. Would love to see everything turn out well for the husband.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
nice work, but.....

The story is excellent, and well written. The ending feels rather abrupt, though. Granted, enough information was provided to allow the imagination to follow the logical conclusions for Karen and Mark. But it would have been nice to have those elements provided.

Do those elements warrant follow-up chapters? Maybe. But be careful to avoid fouling up the story line as laid. Eric comes out on top, and that's the feel-good part. If you persue this story, be sure that you don't lose that perspective.

-- KVK

gizzmo301gizzmo301over 18 years ago
good

well done I would love to read an ending to this

sherlock40sherlock40over 18 years ago
Another great read Ohio.

It's good to see a strong husband figure in these stories. Too many times husbands are portrayed as uncaring, clueless dolts. Thank you for the time and effort in writing this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Allowing Poetic License Great Story

Loved the story. One detail I'm not sure about but I will suspend disbelief is that Eric could gather up & take down all the curtains & everything else in 15 minutes----even to search & think about all the possible things she could cover herself with.

Eric being a millionaire takes away a bit of identifying with him---for me. It doesn't affect the story---just personal involvement wit the characters but not terribly.

Clever characterization and plotting. A concise and to the point story. Another piece of good work. I definitely look for your byline. I'm looking forward to the next one.

playingcardcompany

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
GIVE IT SOME THOUGHT!!!

Part 2 or an epilog would be the icing on the cake..I'm sure he wondered how she was doing...her reactions to the divorce papers...her lover's downfall etc etc..not to gloat but to see the consequences.

'nuff said

Andy

The WandererThe Wandererover 18 years ago
Yes!

Great writting as always! But? Go on you can get are part two out of this!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Not very good

I love a story with a strong male role and consequences to cheating but this was not even a decent story.

And the ending was terrible!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Your best yet

Why didn't you finish it? Well written but incomplete. I hope you will post another chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Wonderful Story

Wonderful story, although a tad incomplete. It's not the usual "I kicked his/her ass and then fucked her sister" tripe that most folks like. Good job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Leave it as is

The story's complete. Writing anymore would just repeating.

There seems to be so many people who need to have every little thing spelled out for them. Often, the best stories are those that leave something for the reader to bring to the story, for them to add the epilog. Let this be one of those stories.

don87654don87654over 18 years ago
Sick

You are a real shithead, to treat your wifey like that! She did not get pregnant by this Mark and she obviously did not flaunt her adultery in anyone's face. May your balls fall off and your dick rot in Hell. God made us so we could do what she did and called it good, as I recall from the Bible, and that does not include dogmatic rules about how to love, honor and obey one person when you fuck, for the rest of your life....in fact it does not even mention marriage between a man and a woman, but between a believer in God and God's church/temple.

DoctorWyldcardDoctorWyldcardover 18 years ago
well done

First a nice story, ohio. One of those 'once a cheater.." tales.

second I guess i can come out of the hills since Don has returned to 'normal', well as close as he can be to normal :) Though I am worried he didn;t expect her to be knockup up already by her lover.....

Now I don't know if ou are planning or have a part 2, that's up to you now us in you adoring fans but...

While 'I" think she cheated ... There is jsut something that doesn;t seem...right about it. Then again I look for twists in some stories and you might not have one here...

here is to your next posting, eather as part two of this or whatever else your crafty mind has come up with.

Kanga40Kanga40over 18 years ago
Needs not one word more...

The story is fine where it is now - what else is there to say?

BUT a glimpse of what's her name's reaction when she got out of the shower would have been fun - but would not have added to the story. Please keep these coming Ohio!

DeadWouldDeadWouldover 18 years ago
Darling don12345

What has the bible got to do with this story?

The guy specifically asked the woman before they married:

"If you have the idea in the back of your mind that someday, as I start to slow down, you can quietly find a lover somewhere to give you what I'm less able to provide, then let's call things off right now. I won't share you. If you're at all worried that I won't be enough for you—sexually or in any other way—then let's kiss, have a good cry and go our separate ways."

She answered him after quite a few hours thought:

"I've thought about what you said before, Eric. And here is my answer: You are all I want. I love you. You are more than enough for me, and I want to marry you and be your young chippy forever."

No bible you fool, she pledged herself to him and specifically vowed to NOT do that which she eventually did - twice.

Stupid slut who deserved worse than she got!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Still Needs More

I've been through a situation where the woman I loved and trusted screwed around on me, and I know how it feels. Unlike some of your readers, though, I want to know where the writer goes from here. Was he able to move on? How long before he learned to trust again (if at all)?

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 18 years ago
Good Story, Ohio...

...but I agree with the other comments - the story doesn't feel complete (even though his revenge is).

Nice writing, though!

MinigalesMinigalesover 18 years ago
Great Story, One Insane Commenter

Wonderful story. I hope you write more about this guy. It does not have to be related to this very story, but what he did afterwards with his life or whatever.

don87654 is one insane commenter. By the same token, you should think that God made us capable of doing what this man did and called it good. Or it too complicated for you to figure out?

thebulletthebulletover 18 years ago
Ignore the guy jerking off behind the curtain

Don87654 is Literotica's closet pervert. If he makes a comment about your story, believe the opposite. If he compliments your story, it must be pretty fucked up. You defininately need an editor and a better moral code.

Ohio, this one is short and sweet. It's always good if you leave the readers wanting more. And that is obviously what you did with this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Loved it

We never need to worry about others, we usually shoot our own toe off ourselves.

TiggerTooTiggerTooover 18 years ago
Mark was still around????

I loved the story. Cheating had consequences for the cheater. What a novel concept! Some other authors understand this but not all.

But why, oh why, is Mark still around after the first time? I know, he's necessary for the story. I can accept that but, realistically, he'd be gone in a heartbeat after the first time.

Thanks for your satisfying efforts.

Phil

CK84CK84over 18 years ago
great job

While I know some people would like to see what happens to the wife next, I don't think this needs any additional chapters because this marriage is clearly done. So unless you're planning on having the husband meet someone new, I think it would be best to leave this story on its own.

Don87654, where did that Bible rant come from? You say the Bible doesn't say anything about cheating on a spouse, which leads me to wonder what version of the good book you're reading. Do the Ten Commandments ring any bells? Commandment #7: "Thou shalt not commit adultery." That seems to be a pretty straightforward rule to me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
I Think He's Got It

Talent that is!!! Do yourself a favor and don't extend this story - it ended as it should have. People have minds to create any variables they might wish. Onward and upward!

On A Roll as it would seem - you are appreciated so don't burn out - pace it please - with high Regard

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 18 years ago
Like cream, you are rising to the top!

This story was superb. It needs no more and will become less with more. Great job!

don87654don87654over 18 years ago
Adultery

For those questioning it.....the so-called Holy Bible is a testimony of mostly phrases made by Paul/Saul, or whatever that magician's name was. This is being proven by modern scientific research that shows clearly that this Paul/Saul did not know Jesus at all, but came "on board" 250 years after the so-called Crucifixion. That this Paul/Saul or whatever his name was was a reincarnation of the Christ (note I did not say JESUS, as there was no more a Jesus Christ than there was a Jesus Messiah, Jesus The Annointed One, Jesus the Son, etc., etc.) is totally without factual evidence and is purely blasphemy!

I hope that this insight into Christianity has been of some assistance to those of you that don't understand it. There is a very good factual book out entitled SAVING THE SAVIOR, by Professor Abubakr Ben Ishmael Salahuddin and published by Jammu Press, ISBN: 09708280-1-2, c. 2001, that gives a lot more details than what can be given here.

As for "adultery"....it did not even come into being on a grand scale until Queen Victoria (remember "Victorian Times") of England rulings. Some noted Theologians dispute that there ever was a Commandment that even mentioned it. The Abraham of Old Testament times had several wives, and if there had been a scenario such as "adultery" God would have punished him dearly after he fucked the second wife after he took his first wife (Sarah) into the tent and "became one" with her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Good but...

One of the comments asked about Mark, I second that question "why would you have this guy around after the first 'romp' with the wife?" That just didn't make any sense. As for the other comments I say don't do a follow-up, the story is powerful as is. I'll use what I call the "Highlander analogy"; the first movie was great, but the powers that be were stupid enough to listen to those who "wanted more", with 2 & 3 destroying what could've been a classic.

Rather than doing a continuation of the story, have a revamp or "directors cut" version telling us about some of the other stuff that went on during this time.

SalamisSalamisover 18 years ago
I loved the brevity and power of the language

I can almost visualize this man and his pain. This was very well done. There are elements here similar to "Betrayed" by Consonant Smile, although the story line is quite different. I very much enjoyed both stories. Bravo!

cloacascloacasover 18 years ago
Adultery in the Bible

I don't know who this odd bozo is, but the Bible is quite clear about adultery - though not in the way our society interprets the idea. In the Bible, adultery as described in the Commandment is sex with a married woman. The reason was practical - most Biblical prohibitions were based in practical reasons (see e.g., the new studies that circumcision reduced HIV transmission by such a huge margin they terminated the study early). A child of a married woman is part of the husband's bloodline. If the paternity is suspect, the bloodline is suspect, thus sex with a married woman is banned to prevent bastards. The hidden reason is probably that having a bastard in a primogeniture society - where the first born inherits, a system only abolished here in the 18th century - would create genuine conflict, both legal and physical. Another reason is that babies suspected of not being the father's might be killed.

In Biblical times, it was not considered a "sin" for a married man to have sex with an unmarried woman. The word "sin", as in a wrong, is not actually Biblical; the correct idea is that of missing the mark in one's actions. In some cases, sex outside of marriage was an obligation. You can see this in several of the Bible stories, most notably Ruth - when Ruth the Moabite is taken by her late husband's brother after she proves her worth and devotion to her new people. In one story, the widow resorts to dressing as a prostitute to get laid by her late husband's relative, because he refused to do his duty - she then has twins.

Some sex did was disapproved of socially. That sex became known as fornication, a word that literally refers to the communal baking ovens where the prostitutes or easy women could be found. This sex was frowned upon largely, it seems, because of the fear of disease, not because sex itself was bad.

CK84CK84over 18 years ago
Yikes, I didn't realize this was becoming Biblical

The point is Don, regardless of what the Bible says or doesn't say, the HUSBAND said flat out that he was not interested in having any sort of open marriage. He told her very clearly that he expected monogamy from this relationship, and if that was going to be a problem for her then they should just call things off before getting married. Clearly she couldn't/wouldn't handle a monogamous relationship, so she just should have been honest from the beginning. It would have saved them both a lot of pain.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Needs more

Great read so far but needs another chapter at least to close the relationship and the story.

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 18 years ago
THANK YOU!

With elegance and flare, you drew a story which flows so well, it gives the illusion you wrote it with no effort at all. I loved your style here - economic and tight, with just enough background details to keep the story moving. What a delight! Another congratulatory comment - you do seem to be on a roll! Together with your recent story: “The letter A” (another “must read”), you demonstrate a fantastic improvement and loads of talent! Thank you for your stories!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
A continuation please!

I feel something is still missing from this tale! Any chance you might add a chapter or two?

wetapapwetapapover 18 years ago
keeping mark on payroll

was a very smart decision. first, he was a valuable employee. second, if you kick him out, you never know where he is at any given time. especially during those times when you don't know where your wife is. that's how he caught them the second time. now it was time to get rid of mark, because he was getting rid of his wife at the same time. he no longer needed to know where either one was, because he no longer cared.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
insightful

Excellent style, economy without sacrificing clarity.

It seemed as though Husband did have a better than average insight into the nature of things. The leisure that his wealth afforded the wife would have given her ample opportunity for boredom.

I would find it extremely difficult to have given Mark a pass. And, given the Wife's inability to address the issues that caused her to cheat, she would have told Mark they had been busted by her hubby and HIS Boss.

I would have fired him in person while he was clearing out his office just so that there wouldn't be any misunderstandings.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
why not tell what happen when you got back

i fell like you cheated me at the end.what happen with the wife and her lover.

BtexBtexover 18 years ago
Quick ending

The story was great but to go through all that build up and then end it in a few short paragraphs?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
tell us what happen after karen shower

let us know what revenge was taken and the effect on karen and her lover.

louguy35louguy35over 17 years ago
You will never know!!!

To "...what happened after Karen shower"...you will never know. That is supposed to be the clever part of writing stories, according to some authors. Isn't it cute?

Cheers!

Alvaron53Alvaron53about 17 years ago
Entertaining read

Terse exploration of a May/December marriage. The author's prose is good, and the characters are finely drawn. The husband is a likeable enough fellow but he's tremendously suspicious of his much younger wife. It's proven out but if it hadn't been, the constant doubting would've damaged the marriage. The wife is shallow and apparently incapable of keeping her promises. Despite her husband's warnings to remain faithful, she crosses the line and ends up trashing her marriage. The story's plot is uncomplicated, but the author handles it well. My only complaint is that I thought the story's pacing was a little too fast. Otherwise, I enjoyed the tale. Thank you, ohio.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
WTF??

Why the fuck would she sign a prenup that gave her squat, tell hubby that she loved him and then fucked around on him with his employee? Lame Ass story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Geat, but short.

it was a great stoy, but i cant help feeling it was just the blur to the real story, or something.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
thanks

How about part 2 from her point of view so that we can see how she got out of the condo... could be interesting

Thanks for the story Mike from Texas

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
fine story-poor ending

You always write well, but the idea of leaving wife clothesless and penniless seems too vindictive and really not necessary. Divorce her and fire paramoor--fine --but the rest of your ending seems, to me , to be in poor taste.

60 year old George

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Needed a little more

At the end, I would have liked to see the devastation the husband wreaked upon the slut.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
i am not sure

she clearly made her choice and was about to pay the price. why is there always the 'i love you...' and the cheating goes w that. oh well, his liabvility to her capped and the lover...out of a job

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
I don't see how Eric could have amassed al that

money when he was definately in denial. He didn't want to confront his wife. Just do the MANLY MAN act and walking away...shit

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Never ever go back to a cheater male or female

Cheaters cheat that is who and what they are. A spouse that cheats on their mate isnt in love. They may live you, they may love their lifestyle, or they love the image of marriage but they are not in love with their spouse. This woman, and the man she was involved with, had mental issue they did not want to address and what id commonly called a suicide wish. They did knowing the end result. You dont cheat on your employer if you want a job and/or a recommendation. And the silly slut got caught twice, I would never have taken her back after the first especially since a prenup was in place and they knew the end game before time.

dreamcatcher101dreamcatcher101almost 15 years ago
Great story

i liked that He didnt go into the relationship blindly but that He was aware of what could happen in later years..She was just to selfish to realise He would never accept Her cheating..He should be gratefull that there were no children involved...I did lmao thinking of what happened when She got out of the shower.There should have been more retribution on the Lover besides being fired from the job..Good ending,but would have liked to know too what happened after and her side of the Story..Great read again Ohio ..chapter 2 ???

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
perilous choices

she made her choices and thought there were no actions that raised a red flag for eric. she was wrong. she was left naked, literally and figuratively, where confronting her would serve no purpose i can see. mark lost, too.

grogers7grogers7over 14 years ago
More!

Please finish this story!

chytownchytownalmost 14 years ago
WEAK!!!

Waste of my time!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
NOT WEAK!!

The man kept his cool and rided himself of a cheating bitch, a fine story and well written. R.T.

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 13 years ago
Not soo old -

And not at all slow -

Painful but had to be -

Nice writing again !!

demantoiddemantoidalmost 13 years ago
Beautifully paced

Great read. Terrific ending. Thank you.

RonRWoodRonRWoodalmost 13 years ago
Very realistic

He knew and she knew from the beginning that she was a very sexual and sex-loving woman. That she was younger and wanted fun out of life rather than just a geriactic life with him was a natural and expected thing. So, even though she did not want to give her life up, he had unrealistic expectations and knew it. The story progressed naturally and realistically enough I thought.

I actually enjoyed some of the Biblical statements. It's true that Paul said: If you must have a wife; take but one so you will not be diverted from the worship of God...or something like that. That's also why Priests and Nuns remain celibate.

What was also true was that all this morality stuff concerning sex and marriage came about in the Victorian age and was not a big deal until then. And actually, a lot of commenters use religeous training as their basis for their comments of outrage when wedding vows are broken. Those vows start off being spoken before God supposedly. Oh well. I am not that serious about them as I am like most of you; trapped within my own sense of morals, values, principles, ethics, integrity, asshole opinions and my position within the community.

I have enough age and experiences to know all this is everchanging. I thought kissing a girl could make her pregnant in the 50s and in the 60s I thought sex mean't marriage and married at 19 because I was horny. I never did figure any other reason to have married that bitch! And I damned sure missed out on a lot of pussy with the brainwashing my Southern Babtist family put on me!

Aw I'm sorry...here I am whining myself. But allow me to say it again: Cheaters cheat because they wanted to and they can....! It ain't no crime as the writer said. It just hurts someone's feelings, and than they start whining and crying til they get over it one way or another. This man was better prepared than the others is all.

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
jaggers0053 is correct

"silly ending. very petty action for a supposedly rich, sucessful and highly intelligent man."

Also, even though he is probably correct, he is jumping to conclusions. That is something a man of his intelligence wouldn't do. Although ACME had burned down, she could have bought groceries elsewhere. He should have hired in investigator again. He could have extended the trip, if necessary.

Nevertheless, the story was good enough to rate it 4****s.

FD45FD45over 12 years ago
I enjoyed this story a lot

I haven't seen an ohio story I dislike. There are some I like better then others, however.

The protagonist was believable. He wasn't blind, he considered if he could do better, he tried forgiveness. While she wasn't developed, the wife was plausible.

While some commenters said it was petty, I thought the shock of her cirumstance was well warrented.

That said, it was incomplete. You teased us with demons in her past and we never got a peek. I don't insist on always knowing why (see Glen's Pride as an example), but in this case, you brought up the subject first.

And like all of your offerings, it was very well written, if a bit uneven on capitalization.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
HES STILL AN OLD FOOL

but at least he finally went to college. TK U MLJ LV NV

JLRemoraJLRemoraover 12 years ago
Not Bad At All

It's difficult to create originality in this genre, yet as old as the story of cheating is, Ohio manages to come up with a new twist.

I agree with FD45 on the ending. It was appropriate for the character. And far better than some other revenge endings. I'm not too bothered by wanting to know how she felt and what she did afterwards, as my own imagination can handle that.

dramafandramafanalmost 12 years ago
Loved It

This is a well written story that was a pleasure to read. Thoroughly enjoyed the character development, although given the length of the story there wasn't much room to go too deep. Still, you could really feel the husband's pain.

Also, you are one of the few authors in the LW category to correctly use the word discreet (careful and circumspect in one's speech or actions) as opposed to discrete (seperate and distinct) which is used by most authors. Thank you, this has become a pet peeve of mine as it is almost universally incorrect.

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 12 years ago
great way to end it

no way to communicate and nothing at all to put on. very good story and well thought out.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 12 years ago
Decent

That's one way to lose a cheating whore slut wife. Her lover also.

I'd rather watch their suffering myself.

Just one man's opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
not real but a great story

As someone has pointed, it is difficult to remove curtains and all other hotel furnishings that could be used to cover one's body. Given that, it is a great story of revenge on a cheating wife

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Loved It!

He knew, of course, her first affair would not be her last. I've also had the leave-her-naked-with-nothing-to-cover-her fantasy.

OneShotOneOneShotOnealmost 11 years ago
Kathleen is smart?

My daughter's moron cat is smarter than this broad. Still a good read.

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 11 years ago

Not so big a fool after all.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Nice

I hate cheaters. Hopefully when she came out of the bathroom and looked around she tripped and fell and banged her head and broke her neck, surviving her now divorced life alone in a wheelchair.

Is that mean?

Fuck it.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Loved it

And we are sorry as well not to read her reaction. She got exactly what he deserved. Wonderfully written. Five stars. Only problem is you wrote this guy as if he were much older. I suspected that in his late fifties she would stray, but not 48.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Where is the finish?

Great story but like a lot of what you write the epilog is missing!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
5 star story

A rich multi millionaire? wife is cheating on one of his execs? and it took how long to fire him? I am confused? they had a prenup? What not clear, she goes to the market, clearly something is amiss here, what proof did he have? I did not read it other than the fire? but where did she shop? receipts? Hate to say this, but the next chapter needs to explain further. In real life, if she learned from her already discovered failures, she may have became a whole lot smarter, and his guessing could in reality void the prenup. abandonment is just that and he started the process by leaving with everything. Need to see the reasons why. I hate cheaters more than anything else. Trust, Love everything gone.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
And that was what? Revenge?

Failure to finish rates this story poorly. What happened after he left he in the condo?

BAH!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
hmmmm

agree, the story is not at a stopping point.

Needs more to complete. And, there was a real chance, she was not cheating at all.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
SCRUB-A-DUB

there's not enough water or soap. TK U MLJ LV NV

Tootight1Tootight1over 9 years ago
nice

did I miss the word divorce anywhere in the final episode.

Tim413413Tim413413over 9 years ago
One of Ohio's early

stand-alone stories. Maybe he/she forgot to add chapter 2.

EXursusRhereEXursusRhereover 9 years ago
One thing I've noticed...

Looks as if about half the folks reading here have no imagination at all. The other half of the readers all know what happened. Why is it so difficult to understand? Too much book learning and not enough common sense I would guess.

Way to go Old Fool, great story.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyabout 9 years ago
Ending's fine

Karen took a hell of a long shower for him to do all that. Other than that, very good story

Chilley

RhomanovRhomanovabout 9 years ago
*****

I want that photo.

The one when she comes out. 😎

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
I'd Love To Hear What Happened!

Needs an epilog!

phd70phd70over 8 years ago
Eric ignored his intuition and the counselor's advice!

Eric paid the price for ignoring his own intuition as to the likely long term success of his marriage. He also ignored his counselor's insights on the same topic. A long term marriage should include shared interests, the desire for raising either adoptive or natural children as part of the family in the marriage, and, preferably, hobbies which do not include regular 'girls nights out' without the spouses. I am not a marriage counselor, but have been married twice for a total of over 30 years, have three children, one stepdaughter and my children are natural and adoptive. Thanks for this tale, Ohio! Dan

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Re-Reding

“it was only sex, it has nothing to do with you, I love you so much,” – It has EVERYTHING to do with him, that’s why he brought it up before the ever got married, and SHE insisted it wasn’t a problem for her! She obviously didn't know herself as well as she should.

And I repeat my earlier comment, this needs an epilog!

mike9698mike9698over 8 years ago
so a man who works for you

has an affair with your wife and nothing happens to him. then months later you find out he is fucking her again then you fire him. what the hell is that, why not fire him the first time. your right in the title of your story you are a fool.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
@mike9698

I see two reasons why Mark wasn’t fired: 1) He WAS a valued employee, 2) Maybe more importantly, SHE was given another chance, and SHE was the one who swore faithfulness to him, so why not a second chance for Mark?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I also wish I could have been there

You had a great story going until the end...if that's what you call it. I still gave it 4 but it could have easily been a 5 if we would have read what happened to her and to lover boy.

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
.TRUST, THEN VERIFY, FORGIVE

do a set up and give retribution. TK U MLJ LV NV

PeteCedarPeteCedarover 8 years ago
Where's the rest of the damn story

Should have been titled 'Stupid Fool'. You spent more time talking about how he gathered up all the stuff in the condo than about why his wife cheated on him. And I agree with several other commenters, forgive the wife but fire the VP. And make it known why the guy is being fired. Councling with her telling the entire story including the reason why should have been manditory. She just stopped showing up for the sessions? NO WAY IN HELL. She needed to finish to his satisfaction or the marriage is done. He also needed a post-nup to the pre-nup with a cheating spouse clause spelling out that if it happened again, she walks with only the clothes on her back. Too many holes for the supposedly 'smart man' that he claimed that he was.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Mark Had To Be Fired

Mark's career was tied to Karen's ability to be faithful. Mark was a party to the cuckolding of his boss. Mark didn't have an affair with Karen because she was a sex goddess. He enjoyed having sex with his boss's wife. He realized a power over his boss. And together they combined to make a mockery of their vacation. But as we all know...'Once a cheater, always a cheater.'

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Second time through...

Still five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
good start BUT!

NEEDS FINISHING!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
Still More Thoughts

Repeating: This SCREAMS for an epilog.

Since one requirement for taking her back the first time was marriage counseling, her walking out of the counseling should have ended the marriage.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous