Old Score Chronicle

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

We'll see when you start back flying how meek you really are..." The angel fired back with a chuckle.

"I still probably can fly with these secondary wings... I'm light as hell with a huge wing to body ratio. Could be possible, don't you think?" Roka asked.

"Don't risk it!" Talla warned.

"Where can we recruit more of your kind?" Siron asked.

"There's a village not far from here, about an hour flight away. We can start there." Breecher responded.

"How'd you acquire the name Breecher?" Talla asked.

"This fool literally is launched out of a tank and ionizes himself..." Roka said, realizing something, "THE TANK!!"

"Fuck we left it behind!!" Breecher said, gasping.

"We got to turn back!" Roka said. Siron leapt up the stairs into the navigation room. The ship then banked, turning back towards the canyons.

"Tank? What kind?" Talla asked.

"It's a modular tank. We modified the barrel so it can be wide enough to launch me out of it. I crystallize and ionize my body, turning into an indestructible projectile. I used to be the very angel which breached the terrapods." Breecher said.

"That sounds dangerous... How do you ionize yourself?" Talla asked in surprise.

"It's simply a thought and it happens. Roka has some... special talents of his own. He can..." Breecher began, stopping as he caught sight of Roka's deathly scowl.

It was clear to all that he didn't want his powers to be discussed. He got up and walked away, feeling like Breecher gambled their trust.

"I'll be back..." Breecher said, going after Roka. To his surprise, Roka was standing in the tight hall, looking intently at Ohunna, "Roka!" Roka turned to him, looking on in discontent, arms folded defensively, brows raised sarcastically, lip curled sassily.

"What?" Roka snarled.

"Why are you so self conscious about something so great about yourself? You're..."

"I told you not to mention this to anybody...! I want to forget it all but every time you get me alone you feel the need to bring it up! This time, you crossed the damn line, Breecher... Mentioning it to everyone... I can barely control it and I don't want anyone to know..." Roka interrupted struggling to hold back his rage, stopping mid way through. All he could do was look at Breecher in sheer anger.

Breecher came in, arms outstretched, grabbing Roka to hug.

"No one here is going to judge you on your past and you know it. The only person your past is holding back is you. We're here for you, and considering the extent of your powers, you should not be holding out..." Breecher said, attempting to reassure him.

"I hurt people, Breecher. My powers are too wild to simply experiment with and you know this! Just promise me you'll stop continuing to get me to use them... I won't..." Roka sighed. Breecher looked at him, ending their brotherly embrace.

"I can't make that promise. Truthfully, I'm prepared to see you at your utmost angriest, and if you feel betrayed then so be it. As long as I'm the one who breaks the fear of the usage of your powers, I'll be happy... You act like when I was a kid, I didn't hurt people with my powers either. I did, had no one to encourage me to use mine, and was treated like an abomination. Yet, I made it my goal to master my powers. See, the difference between you and I, you have a team of motivated people willing to support you. I'm willing to support you and you know it!"

Roka stood there, staring at him for a long while. His arms were folded tightly as he deliberated on the matter. He gave an eye roll and stormed away. Breecher stood there, not wanting to pursuit the boy any further. Ohunna stood there with a smug look on his face, leaning against the wall as Roka brushed past him. He then looked at Breecher, smiling.

"Wow you of all people did something...wrong?" Ohunna asked jokingly. Breecher's generally rounded pupils turned into serpentine slits, as rage filled his body.

"You really want to go there with me?" Breecher hissed, ready to battle with Ohunna.

"No, I don't... I just want to know...what power Roka has. You can trust me..." Ohunna inquired.

"Trust you?" Breecher chuckled as he walked past, "Are you ready to go get this tank?" All Ohunna could do was light up in childish anticipation.

The two walked down to the bay area. After several minutes, the huge door slowly opened. The ship had landed in the canyon. Hearing something from behind, Breecher looked behind him. It was Talla coming with ear monitors. She handed them to each boy, looking out into the canyon with concern.

"How long will you be?" Talla asked with more mongrels coming, pulling out computers and surveillance equipment.

"Not long, thanks for this!" Breecher said.

"We're cloaking the ship, while you're gone so it might be hard for you to find. In case you get the tank back, link this transponder to the wavelength cross pattern alternator. It should allow you to intercept the frequency the beacon on the ship outputs and make it a lot easier to track the ship," She said, handing Ohunna the strange electronic contraption, "And in case you can't find the Tank, here is a wireless transponder so you can find your way back. If anything happens, radio it in!"

"OK." Breecher said as he tapped Ohunna on the shoulder. The two took wing, coursing low through the canyons gliding swiftly and silently. After several minutes of flying, they reached the most intricate portion of the maze-like gorge. They landed where there camp still lay. They left everything behind after going after Roka. With the turn of events, everyone seemed to have forgotten the camp. Pots were still on burners, tents stood, sleeping bags were spread on valley floor, liberated mechanical equipment stood silent in random spots of the camp, all lay in the place where it was left...except the tank.

The two boys looked at each other, completely taken back.

"Madji..." They both hissed. Ohunna looked at the tracks leading from where the tank once stood. They lead out the narrow valley and down into a narrow ravine. Ohunna pointed to the tracks, showing them to Breecher. Sighing, Breecher stuck his finger in his ear.

"The tank...is gone." He said, full of let down.

"Come on back to the ship..." Talla radioed back.

"I'm sorry I can't do that. We need that tank. We have no offense without it." Breecher responded.

"Ok... I'll give you an hour to find the ship. If you don't find the tank by then, you'll have only thirty minutes to return to the ship or we'll be forced to leave you boys." Talla said, giving them the reluctant truth.

"Ten four." Breecher said back.

Ohunna looked at him, wondering what the next move was.

"Get to tracking..." Breecher said. Ohunna took wing flying low through the valley, eying the tracks as they grew more and more spaced. It was clear the tank was sprinting through the canyon. Breecher followed, gliding just above Ohunna. Suddenly, Ohunna swooped up landing on the upper ridge of a canyon. Breecher had to suddenly break, spreading his four wings as wide as possible then pitching up to land beside him.

"So you're going to tell me about Roka?" Ohunna asked as he peered out over the canyon.

"Shouldn't you be tracking instead of perching?" Breecher asked. Ohunna pointed to dust rising several miles down the gorge.

"Damn," Breecher responded, "So you really want to know huh?"

"Well," Ohunna said, taking wing, hovering skillfully on a dynamic draft rising on the canyon wall, "It's time we become a bit closer Breecher. Ever since I laid eyes on that sweet little alien boy, I knew something was different about him... In the beginning I hated him, like most people did... I too blamed him for the king's death. What changed my views on him was when Madjeiac spoke so badly of the boy every time he wasn't around when all Roka tried to do was fight, and fight hard. It was when I stopped liking the little prince and saw that Roka was well aware that he wasn't much liked. Yet, the boy still felt the need to prove that he was something useful. I just wanted him to realize that he didn't have to continue to push Madji along because he felt guilty for the king's death... To be honest, this is all some oddly twisted story and I don't know how to feel about little, Tangu and his little heist. He's another spoiled prince as far as I'm concerned and I've seen what Madji has done to Roka. I just want to be there for Roka, and about the situation with his powers, I'll definitely drop all this immature shit and show him some support..."

As the two began to glide through the air, Breecher was shocked to hear Ohunna's confession.

"Roka," He began, the blatant shock heard in his voice, "Has this ability... to become this indestructible raging, pretty damn near unstoppable machine of death, if you will. When he kills, he tends to absorb the energy from the body, turning the body into a shriveled mass...or in extreme cases...dust... When he was a kid, he used to revert to vampirism just to stay alive due to his inability to control it. He was only one hundred forty five years old when he was driven to kill his parents, family and friends due to his...hunger. I saw him at his worst, man... He even tried to kill me but...you know I can get very hot so I was the only one immune to it. It took a while to get him to trust me, to control his insatiable appetite...a matter of two hundred nine years. We were like inseparable brothers even when we enlisted. We worked our way up to become top wardens which is when ya know..." Breecher explained.

"So like, you mean you saw him kill his family? Like...does his physical form change in any way?" Ohunna asked, fully intrigued.

"He crystallizes, much like me, but he doesn't heat up. He gets fast and bloodthirsty, even faster than he is now. It's not something you want to see Ohunna. I know you overheard our conversation but, it's not at all any hint at what he truly can become. He may look cute and diminutive, like he isn't capable of harming anything, but if provoked he is very much capable of killing you and everyone on the ship. Not even Madji knows this side of Roka and it'd a damn tragedy if Roka is driven to that point... Seriously, if you want to be there for Roka, I'm not here to stop you. Just be well aware of the risks..." Breecher warned.

"So, he's just that dangerous? He hasn't ever slipped though... His control must be phenomenal." Ohunna pondered.

"Slip," Breecher chuckled, "He's slipped countless times in the heat of battle. It's why I always stick beside him because the sight of me reverts him back to his... angelic state."

"So, when he was just mowing through dyacine and humans on the battle field, going as far as biting them, drawn to tears at the utmost of rage, it was him...slipping?" Ohunna asked, shocked.

"Roka needed an outlet for all the animosity he received. The battle field was the only way. I didn't want him to kill anything more than an enemy so I was there to place myself in between him and our forces. Ultimately though, he was a one man slaying machine... I'm starting to think too... Roka is a ticking time bomb..." Breecher explained.

Suddenly, Ohunna broke into a swift stoop. His wings were tucked at his side as he used his tail to steer his descent. Breecher followed, seeing he was diving towards the tank. Ohunna landed on the massive cannon base as the massive tank jostled with every gait. He watched as Breecher kept pace with the tank. Breecher spread his secondary wings, using them for added stability. He flew towards the barrel, gliding just in front of it. His rear wings were moving quite precisely as he skillfully maneuvered in front of the barrel. He lined himself up perfectly, tucking in his wings at the last possible moment, sliding down the barrel into the cockpit.

<><><><>

Talla, constantly looking at the clock, grew worried. She, Tangu and Roka stood in the navigation room watching the clock wind down.

"You think they'll make it?" Talla asked. Roka shrugged, completely unsure.

"That tank is really important though so please...just let them come back no matter what." Roka begged.

"Radio communication has been cut for whatever reason so I'm a bit worried." Talla said, walking down the stairs and down to the main cargo bay. Roka and Tangu followed.

The three stood surprised to see the Tank sitting in a dormant state in the middle of the hull. Breecher and Ohunna stood there with a plethora of angels surrounding them. The hull door was closing as Breecher and Ohunna pushed through the crowd. As they did, it was even more shocking to see that Ohunna escorted a tied up Madji who looked sickened to be back on the ship. Roka shook his head from disbelief, catching from the corner of his eye, Tangu fleeing back up the stairs.

Ohunna and Breecher stood before Roka and Talla.

"Well, we didn't know what to do with him, really didn't want to waste time so we brought him back," Ohunna said to her.

"Unscathed!" Breecher added. Talla looked at Roka who stood there with his arms folded, locked in the most intense gazes with Madji. Roka's pupils were now two thin rage filled slits. His golden irises could have radiated more rage than the sun could light. The exchange of looks seemed to last forever until Roka rolled his eyes and headed back up to the platform.

Madji's head hung from disappointment and discomfiture as he realized the last person who spared a care for him had now given up on him. Guilt ate at him as he looked at Roka walk up the stairs with those wing braises drilled into his back. He could see Roka struggle to get to the top of the stairs with the cast, having to support him mass with the rails.

"You did it..." Talla said, hoping to humiliate the boy any further. He looked at her coldly.

"I don't need anyone rubbing this in. I'm already unwanted on this ship... What would it prove to you bringing me lower?" Madji asked.

"See, rationale is out of the question now. These two boys, one who chucked," Talla said, trying to hold back laughter, "a can of meat at your head, didn't throw you out of the tank. He had the decency of being, to tie you up and bring you back to where you'd be safe. I may be wrong and I don't care, but this time I'm not letting you go. I want you to see this, when we win this war that you've given up on and how you humiliated Roka with your lack of...how to say...humility. Just you watch..."

She walked back up the stairs leaving Madji with Ohunna and Breecher. Ohunna towered over the young prince, staring at him menacingly. Breecher simply walked away, leaving the two enemies in a long lasting gaze. Madji felt not only discomfort but sheer fear. Ohunna then slid his claw through the ropes that kept Madji bound. The ropes fell to the tarmac below as Ohunna walked away.

"I hope you know now to be careful who you step on. You never will know what this crazy world you call home might throw you and how this crazy world you call home expects you to deal with it! I wish for nothing to do with you..." Ohunna said as he disappeared down the tarmac. It left Madji with a lot to think about. Would it be worth begging for Roka's forgiveness? It was only one way to find out.