On the Beach

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"This sounds final."

"I'm sorry Jeremy, but I have to do this."

Kate relayed the decision to the opposition. "There is of course another matter."

"Yes? And what would that be?"

"The dogs, my client would like them returned."

"And we are supposed to do this how? Jenny has no idea where they are. We've heard that they got out and ran away, is there some other explanation for their disappearance?"

"They were taken to an animal shelter."

"Really? You disposed of them and now, for some inexplicable reason you believe we have had something to do with this." Kate turned to Jenny. "You haven't been to the animal shelter and bought the dogs have you?"

"No."

"Sorry, no can help I'm afraid." Roger was just about to say something but thought better of it. I got the impression that he was about to accuse me of some involvement in the dog's current whereabouts.

Kate offered Jenny one last chance to change her mind to no avail. Jenny and I drove in silence to Jenny's house so that she could pack her things. "Are you sure that you wouldn't. . . "I held up my hand to silence her.

"You have made your decision and I don't want to make it any harder for you, so I think that I'll just leave it at that." She stepped forward and kissed me one last time on my reluctant lips, and I walked away from what could have been.

To quote those words spoken at the beginning of the movie 'Four Weddings and a Funeral', "Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck." If I could contort my body enough I would give myself a mighty kick up the arse. In the context of the stupid decisions that I've made throughout my life, this would have to rank as the most stupid. To give up the opportunity to spend the rest of my life with Jenny because of some chivalrous notion of what's right and wrong is sheer stupidity. What a fucking idiot I can be.

The dogs sensed something wrong as we walked along the beach, they never moved more than a metre from me even when they were off the leash, and their support was comforting.

I fed them and let them run in the back yard while I made myself something to eat. But I couldn't bring myself to eat what was a perfectly good, healthy and tasty meal, choosing instead to concentrate on the wine I opened to drink with it. I was wallowing in self pity and the third glass of a good red that tried, but failed, to win my appreciation, when my front door bell rang continuously, accompanied by a loud banging.

I dragged my miserable body to the door and opened it to a blur, a blur that attached itself to me with such ferocity that I almost lost my balance and tumbled backwards onto the floor. Her lips clamped themselves on mine and just wouldn't detach themselves until I pulled my face away. "What is this?"

"Oh Jeremy, my darling Jeremy, I have almost made the biggest mistake of my life. I should have known that what he said was nothing more than the usual spin."

"Slow down. Come and sit down and tell me all."

"When I arrived at our house I expected an enthusiastic welcome home, you know the passionate kiss and the 'Welcome home Darling' but, apart from the glass of champagne, there was his supercilious look that said loud and clear, 'I knew you'd come back,' As soon as I saw that look I turned around and walked out of there. I'm never going back, ever." She reached for the wine bottle and helped herself to a generous mouthful. "What say we get totally legless and wash the taste of this from our mouths?"

"I have a better idea." She looked at me and my look said it all, 'good-bye resolve', 'good-bye stupid hang-ups about making love to you because you are now married in name only.'

That last bit did the trick, she launched herself at me. "Do you mean?"

"Yes." I took her hand in mine and led her to the bedroom. The living room sofa got in the way of my plans and we found ourselves sprawled and naked on it. "Slow down, let us savour this moment for what it is, the first of many, many, times that we will make love to each other."

The feel of her ample and only slightly droopy breasts with their hard nipples was nothing like my fantasies, it was better, and I spent a lot of time lavishing my attention on them. The feelings on my cock as it entered her was not like my fantasies either, and neither was it anything like I'd experienced before, it was better in every way, and to think that I was going to give this up without a fight, god I can be stupid at times.

A small, contented voice broke my post coital reverie, "You are the kindest and most considerate lover. I see that I'm going to enjoy living with you. You have made me feel like I am giving some meaning to your life. Now what do you say we make another attempt at reaching the bedroom?"

"I guess that I'd better cancel my arrangements then."

"What?" She looked stunned, "What arrangements would these be?"

"I won't require the services of Mrs. Palm and her five daughters any more now that I have you." I made the sign of wanking so she would get the message, she did.

I explored every millimetre of her body, kissing and licking and touching my way from her face to her breasts and down to her pussy. As my tongue entered her I felt her mouth engulf my cock, something Melinda had flatly refused to do. It must have taken at least half an hour for us to reach our thrusting, panting and sweaty orgasms, after which we lay panting in each other's arms. "Isn't this better than masturbation?"

"Much." I mumbled as I caressed her sweaty body.

While this was happening Roger was on the phone to Phoebe. "Your mother has walked out on me, she hadn't put more than one foot inside the door when she turned around and walked out. I tired to stop her but she wouldn't listen."

"What did you say when she got home?"

"What do you mean, 'what did I say'? I didn't get a chance to say anything."

"You didn't welcome her home and tell her that you loved her? I suppose that you took it for granted that she knew that and that you were doing her a favour having her back."

"What are you getting at?"

"When was the last time you told her that you loved her, or did something for her that showed her that you loved her? What do you expect her to do when you throw her over for some dumb blonde bimbo, and then use the dogs that you know she loves as leverage to get her to give up her entitlement to the joint assets? You betrayed her trust in you, her love for you, and when she returns you do nothing to show that your feelings for her have changed in any way, and you expect her to stay?"

"It sounds as if you're taking her side in this."

"Of course I am! You have hurt my mother badly and have done nothing to ease that hurt and you want my sympathy, get real Dad."

"There's another man involved, isn't there? And he's putting her up to all of this. I might have known."

"You know nothing about her. There wasn't another man, but going on your actions I hope that she finds another man who will show her genuine love and affection. She deserves it after what you have put her though." Phoebe slammed the phone down.

The next day was party time. Kate and her husband, who just happened to be my brother Matt, arrived at ten armed with two bottles of Pol Roger, some cheeses and crackers to be followed half an hour later by Phoebe and Tony with more bubbles. They told us that Roger had rung and broken the news that Jenny had walked out on him. He got none of the expected sympathy from them.

The party had just settled into a dull roar when the phone rang. "Oh, I hope you don't mind but I've had my phone redirected here." Jenny told me by way of explanation as to how James and his wife Emma could reach her to announce their arrival at the airport. Tony volunteered to do the chauffeur bit and collect them, and some more wine and maybe food.

By the time the sun had gone down and the pizzas had arrived, we were pleasantly untidy and having a great time, James and Emma fitted into the celebrations right away, the jet lag hadn't kicked in yet. After demolishing the pizzas, washed down with red wine, the kids reluctantly left for the holiday house. Kate and Matt stood to leave. "You two make the best couple, do you know that?" Kate slurred her words.

"Do you think that you should be driving?" I was concerned because Matt was unable to drive now that his Parkinson's had made that impossible. "Why don't you stay the night?"

"We'll ring for a cab." Kate said.

"No you won't, I won't hear of it." Jenny interrupted, "You'll stay the night here, there's plenty of room, and if you're worried about inhibiting our love making, don't. We made love enough times last night to last at least until tomorrow, so you're staying and that's that." Jenny had said the thing about our sexual appetites having been sated but she didn't keep to it. I hoped that we didn't keep them awake, we tried to do it as quietly as possible but, you know, when you get carried away in the moment you can get a little rowdy. It's something that we have no plans to curb.