All Comments on 'On the Road Away From Her'

by mikoli5763

Sort by:
  • 423 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
I know a lot of people will disagree with me

but she got what she deserved.

sadly Carter is still breathing

oh well, nothing's perfect.

at least everyone around them now knows what can happen when a woman betrays the man who loves her.

tazz317tazz317almost 11 years ago
MEDICAL AND CAREGIVERS

what classes did they take to discover a new disease. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Guilt or Paranoia

I think he swings from guilt to paranoia, with paranoia besting guilt, at least toward the end, when then guilt resumes its vigilance. But paranoia will always have a place in his heart,

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Huh?

"...the sex with those other men doesn't compare to the sex I had with you."

Apparently, according to Elaine herself, it wasn't just with the ER doc.

His biggest problems were calling home too damn much when one phone call should have been it, and letting other people make him feel that somehow he was in the wrong for ever leaving.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
BTB

Hate the guilt part. Really she thinks its just sex.....lol. She recieved her just rewards.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 11 years ago
Damn

This isn't a fucking morality play. Dar caught his whore wife cheating. Instead of suffering through a divorce he took off. When he called months later, she was pregnant and had sex four times while still married. Could have been four different guys. The tale doesn't specify. The baby was black, meaning it wasn't his.

The fucking whore and everyone concerned got what they deserved. Who he felt he wronged he reimbursed. He did what he had to do. Got away from a cheating wife and I'm being kind in my words. He shouldn't feel guilty. He did nothing wrong. The slut died because of her own overwhelming guilt consuming her life force. Fuck her. Don't feel bad for a dead cheating whore. Feel bad for the man who lost all he loved by no fault of his own.

FUCK!

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichalmost 11 years ago
A bit of a sad story

He didn't do anything wrong, and shouldn't have any bad feelings about what he did.

The only thing I wanted to see, is for Darryl to sue the doctor for ruining his marriage and bleed him dry, putting the doctor's family on the street for fucking around with someone else's wife.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Yes

You did the right thing, the way the brother was written was pretty lame.

PolyLvrPolyLvralmost 11 years ago
I'm a big fan of reconciliation

But I cannot blame anyone if they can't do the same. As he said at the end, even though he realized he still loved Elaine, he wouldn't have been able to have sex with her.

So, like he said, she was the one that cheated, she caused the split. He can't be responsible for that just like he can't change the way he feels about her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
yep he did the right thing, she cheated twice she admitted, bareback

I agree payingfor a spouse that cheated on u makes no sense. She was a nurse, she made money she could have paid bills. It appears her behavior and death are due to her own mental illness, part of which lead her to cheat, and her death was not his fault. And he is right there could never again be trust, the risk of diseases, and the mental picture ever time they have sex of her with the black doctor. This story does belong in the IR section.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Strange conversation

Generally enjoyed reading the story. I don't think our protagonist should have been as accepting of all the guilt that everyone else was trying to load onto him. The conversation with Elaine's mom, Glenda, describing her daughter's physical attributes seemed off. Somehow like a guy's lockerroom or barroom conversation transplanted onto Mom.

caenorrhabditis

sugnasugnaalmost 11 years ago
YES!

She said "other men". It wasn't a one or two time thing. In real life women do not pine for husbands they cheated on. They just ride their mattress's down the street to the next dickhead who is stupid enough to get involved with them. She didn't give a shit about him before, why would she care now? Weak plot. Still 4 for the writing and the emotion.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
nothing to see here

Thought the plot was pretty weak and unoriginal. Dialogue seemed forced and unnatural. Characters were one dimensional, definitely needs more character development. Voted 3*.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 11 years ago

Could have been much better, but inconsistencies in the story (and poor quality writing overall) killed it for me.

"Would Elaine's affair with Dr. Carter have been her one and only time cheating on me?" How can the author have the main character asking this at the very end of the story? In a previous phone conversation she admitted to having sex four other times after having been caught. And then she says, "I can't help it if you don't believe me, the sex with those other men doesn't compare to the sex I had with you." Did the author forget his own storyline, or simply not care enough to take the time to edit it?

illjoyilljoyalmost 11 years ago
Yes

Yes he did the right thing but went about it the wrong way. When someone you are married to cheats on you, you dumb their ass like a hot potato and move on. No if or buts about it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
yes

you do the right thing

3*

geopri71geopri71almost 11 years ago
no return.

Yes he did the right thing .At some point ,everyone should have figured out he was not coming back. The PI said everybody suffered ,why ,they were not directly effected. As for losing the house ,she should have made enough money to keep it long enough to sell it.

JackorChuckJackorChuckalmost 11 years ago
Cheating

When a cheating spouse is found out its best to divorce, I know the system sucks and you end up loosing half of everything. Running away and crying like the wimp in this story means you dont get any closure. When you come home and find your wife with another man, you dont slink away like a dog you confront the bastards.

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 11 years ago

I have not read the comments yet but many must have realized that during the first conversation she said "the OTHERS" meant nothing. A dark black from a light black means she was banging the bros.

We only have a cheating whores word it was only twice. He owes no one anything, including the whores mother.

See the whore lied in her letter so now she is dead. Open the urn and pour the ashes in the toilet.

But a double wide will not last 60 years.

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 11 years ago
who gives a fuck if he was black, white, yellow or fucking purple

she was a fucking whore that got knocked up and had another man's baby. Yep he did the right thing. 4 stars You don't cry over whores. You cry over loved ones, not sluts, whore or skanky bitches.

MrVdogMrVdogalmost 11 years ago
You did the right thing, except-

You should have put the bitch's ashes down the toilet and flushed her, like she flushed you.

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 11 years ago
oldbigot51

keep your dumb assed racist comments to yourself. You and the rest of the Klan get a fucking grip.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Shitty writing

This is just lousy. Dialogue is terrible, plotting mediocre, and just generally pitiful.

Can I vote -5?

TornadoTysTornadoTysalmost 11 years ago
Indeed

Yes, the husband did the right thing. It is a shame that the legal system screws over the husband. Even more so if there bare children involved. The wife was curious about black cock so she had some. Would she have felt yhe same if her husband want to experience a black, Latino or thai woman !

So all you women who want to know what a black or big experience is like. Then arrsnge for you husband to experience another woman. I am sure you will agree it is only fair ! ?

firas01firas01almost 11 years ago
I don't know what kind of message you were trying to send here

You took $500 and your personal belongings, left everything else and ran away, so how was that protecting your self from the legal system, you didn't take any fortune that you two shared and you didn't have any family money that she may put her hands on and you lived nearly like a bum for a year so how was that protecting yourself. It would have been better if you said that I just ran away to mourn my loss alone and I didn't want to be anywhere or meet anybody that remind me of her or our life together. The second thing, you didn't intend to hurt her or kill her or hurt anybody, she is an adult with a functioning brain so she should shoulder some of the blame if not all, why would you feel sorry and apologetic at the end, she fucked the doctor out of curiosity, how about the other four, if she was missing him and feeling sorry why would she fuck others to pass the time, and what sane woman would fuck a man other than her husband without protection. The tone of your story was trying to say that he went to far and maybe he should have reconciled, but the actions of the wife and the husband and others makes it impossible. so what were you trying to say here? maybe that life is messy and there is no clear cut solutions, maybe that we do what we know is right but it doesn't necessarily feel right or vice versa. however, good read, good questions, and thanks for sharing.

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 11 years ago
re: Only morons comment on the comments!!!

and yet you just used all of your IQ "51" to make your comment...."Run Forrest...Run"

mikoli5763mikoli5763almost 11 years agoAuthor
Not reading close enough

$500 from each account. Most couples have at least two savings and checking. $1,000.00 there plus $100.00 from paycheck. When you have siblings you want to stay connected some how. Called wife because brother asked him to. USA free country anyone can refuse medical help at any time as long as they are deemed competent. People can cheat and still love their spouse. Most everyone who has had a good sex life find it hard to go without sex. Husband showed self control where wife didn't. Black gene is dominant for color and darkness of child will be determined by that not how light or dark father is. Wife died, no divorce, anything left of their possessions goes to husband. Only my opinion, but I believe sex between two people in a loving relationship is better than casual sex.

jasonnhjasonnhalmost 11 years ago
OK story, too much guilt

The story has a pretty common theme, husband runs away from a cheating wife to avoid getting screwed in a divorce. Nothing that happened to him on the road was interesting. He worked, got paid under the table, and moved every few months.

The guilt trip that everyone tries to dump on him is tedious. It's even worse that he buys into it. He had enough fortitude to leave. Why worry about his cheating wife? BTW, when someone commits suicide, which his wife did, it's no one's choice but their own. She did something stupid (too dumb to use birth control of some kind as well) and paid a price. Then SHE turned that into a reason to end her life. That's on her. He was more than generous, paying off bills and suggesting she file bankruptcy and divorce. He has some healthy thoughts and observations. Obviously sex with someone you love is special but you can have good sex with the right partner. He wants to find someone new to care about. That's great. But the guilt after all that time is overblown.

sbart921sbart921almost 11 years ago
What About Her Cheating After the Affair?

4 or 5 guys nailed the slut AFTER he caught her with the Doctor. She was just a slut. So - good story, and yes he did the right thing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

A registered nurse with no kids can't afford to pay the mortgage or phone bill? Did she have a coke or heroin addiction or something? Alcoholic? Pills? Had to be something as there is absolutely no reason why a registered nurse can't afford to make monthly payments for a double wide trailer. I mean come on!?!? How dumb or terrible with money do you have to be to end up in that situation? That made no sense! Him feeling guilt or responsible was just lame.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

I liked this one Mikoli much better than anything else you have done. I do have a question though? Have you ever been cheated on or dealt with an unfaithful spouse? I will say this much, the crying doesn't come until later or it didn't with me. In my experience (I know it was this way with 2 buddies who went through similar things) when you catch your spouse cheating the first response is extreme anger! Almost blinding rage for a little while. While I did get upset and cry a little about it (I'm not much of crier) it came later after the anger had time to settle and I was angry for a while. This guy was way to quick with the crying. He sees them and starts crying immediately. NO anger, no rage just straight to crybaby status. I know this is fiction but it's hard to see a man, much less a construction worker, break down and start crying without getting angry or going into a rage. I didn't get violent or anything like that I just know that the rage and anger made it impossible to start crying and feeling sorry for myself. Just wanted to tell you my experience. Well done on the story and keep it up. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
guilty? guilty for what?

That he left?

That he lived 'below the radar' instead of 'manning up' and accepting institutionalized rape in a broken and unjust court system?

That she had to actually experience consequences for her actions?

That 'everyone' thought he should 'take care of her' even though she caused the trouble.

Nossir! He did right. What she calls love is nothing of the sort. Choices have consequences. Since the courts seem to have turned into sick mothers, people are forced to take difficult and drastic measures to get justice.

What about his pain? What about his suffering? What about her broken vows and clear willingness to have him suffer the consequences of her actions?

No. Damn. Way.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Good

Well, I would have left the Monkey, Chimp loving skank, whore Bitch myself. Then I would have had the Monkey, Chimp doctor fucked up so he could not be a doctor again. I would have fucked the hospital over real good--lots of money. Last I would have dumped the Monkey, Chimp loving bitch ashs in the toilet then pissed and shit on her ashs then flushed her down where she belongs the shit hole.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Why no forgiveness?

Every cheating wife situation is different. There are times to forgive and try and reconcile, and there are times to begin immediate divorce proceedings. That is what makes the LW section so fascinating. I firmly disagree with the notion that if you witness the adultery, you can never make love to the wandering spouse again. Wrong, wrong, wrong! Having children in the mix certainly colors whether you try and reconcile or divorce too. And restoring trust in a relationship does take a long time, but it is possible. I think serial cheating (lengthy affairs with one or more partners) probably dooms any reconciliation.

This story is interesting in that Elaine said she only cheated twice with the doctor, and this was going to be the last time. I think reconciliation would have been possible if some very strict accountability conditions were agreed to along with counseling. However, Darryl's ego and pride would have none of it.

For the BTB crowd, you had better be perfect and exemplary in all your sexual behavior. If you set standards for your spouse or someone else's spouse that you are not willing to meet, you are hypocrites.

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caalmost 11 years ago
Query

At one point Elaines character said the sex with other "men" not just the sleazy doctoer. A typo error or a point lost on our intrepid husband?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
The worst part of this story

Was the fact that this stupid bitch sat down and typed it! First off, you were a shitty electrician to not have much money, and every RN I know makes enough money to live in a HOME and take care of themselves without help. N ow truthfully, are U a racist that loves to spit venom because it seems you are highly disturbed that your wife craved a BLACK DICK in her rather than she cheated on your simple crying ass? I think the author's TRUE IDENTITY is reflected through this shitty writing. If you have a real wife, I hope she goes out on you and sucks and fucks on a BLACK COCK too. They hired a black Dr to get more blacks to come to the ER? You stupid motherfucker, when people are sick, the color of the Dr really don't matter. Even if your wife in real life is ugly as a frog, I'd fuck her just to make your lil bitch ass cry! FUCK YOU AND DIE SLOW!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Yes, he did the right thing. Cheating has consequences.

So the slut wife got what she deserved - most likely, the baby is far better off also with adopted parents vs. the cheating wife.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
5 Stars

He did just right. Once a dirty cheating slut - always one!! best of all no wimpy cuck here!! A real man story at last on this cuck site!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
good sad tale

one thing , why did she loose her job as a nurse, she was covered under the hospitals health ins plan so what is the author saying here. also he left was fine, but her starving herself to death makes no sense since she cheated , what was she thinking??? life has some it up s and downs we are not perfect , but I don't get her reasoning and as a nurse and doctor no protection?? these parts make the story weak..

DunaDunaalmost 11 years ago
To learn to follow the stories

I prefer such stories, where the betrayed husband finds other constans mate ....I think the sad husbands are boring to me, but I gave 5*****, because it is sexual majority husband story.

DunaDunaalmost 11 years ago
Interesting?

@ DEAR ANON According to your opinion.

1. If a Chinese wife cheats on her Chinese husband with a white man, for the Chinese husband can be forbidden to be angry and to divorce from her, because he is racist according to you.

2. If an Indian wife cheats on her husband with a Japanese man, for the Indian husband can be forbidden to be angry and to divorce from her, because he is racist according to you.

3. If an Australian aboriginer wife cheats on her Australian aboriginer husband with a Kecsua man (from Peru or Bolivia), for the Australian aboriginer husband can be forbidden to be angry and to divorce from her, because he is racist according to you.

4 If an Kecsua (from Peru or Bolivia) wife cheats on her Kecsua husband with a Filipino man, for the Kecsua husband can be forbidden to be angry and divorce from her, because he is racist according to you.

5. If an Korjak (aboriginer people from Siberia) wife cheats on her Korjak husband with a Thai man, for the Korjak husband can be forbidden to be angry and to divorce from her, because he is racist according to you.

6. If an Nigerian wife cheats on her Nigerian husband with a Bushman man, the Nigerian husband can be forbidden to be angry and to divorce from her, because he is racist according to you.

IF THE SAME RACE WIFE CHEATS WITH THE SAME RACE MAN THE ONLY CASE WHEN A HUSBAND CAN BE FREE TO BE ANGRY AND TO DIVORCE FROM HIS CHEATING WIFE ACCORDING TO YOU....................

DunaDunaalmost 11 years ago
Sometimes the divorce is a psychological helper

A running husband story, with Romantic Revenge, because the wife's pain can be felt from her letter. I think if the reconcilation does not happen, the ex wife could heal up from the marriage disaster later and with higher likely she becomes a better personality and she could be a faithful wife with another good man. However she cheating behavioral will not be extinct if the husband does reconcilation. She will be happy for some year, but the adventure fling temptation may be more likely later.............

They have not any common child, so they can start a new life without each other.

chytownchytownalmost 11 years ago
Blame It On The Black Man***

I wonder If all writers are in envy of them?? It seems when ever the wife cheats it's either with a black man or a rich white man. Give me a break!!!!!!!

firas01firas01almost 11 years ago
Re: Why no forgiveness?

I usually hate commenting on another comment because i believe that the comment section should be about the story alone, but some comments who attack other readers do deserve a response. Anon, I don't know who you mean exactly by the BTB crowd, but if you mean men and women who consider cheating as a deal breaker and a red line that should never be crossed then i do consider myself as part of this crowd. Well, I assume that you don't know anyone from this crowd in person, and you judge (us) as hypocrites based only on our comments, guess what (we) will judge you based on your comment....I am not saying that people who would engage in all kinds of sexual delinquencies and are fast to judge others don't exist, but not every person who hates cheating and have zero tolerance towards it is a hypocrite.

DunaDunaalmost 11 years ago
All Authors????

@ chytown in my stories there are the loverboys the next for the cheater wives:

1. "Different Gyms Do Train The Body Better" a just graduate 18 years old boy.

2. "I Am Not a Shark, But an Orca" a 15 years younger accountant to the cheating wife.

3. "The Two Wimps" the boss of the wife, the just graduate 18 years old neighbore boy and a 21 years old college student.

4. "How Are Not Being Neglected?" The neighbore man with 3 kids and wife.

5. "Betli Must Be Played!" The husband's 7 collegues.

6 "Loving Wife Dies: Bora Bora" about 40 people (because H2Owader's and Ohio's stories are the idea giving.)

7. I am writting my 7th story and the cheating wife's lover is (was 19 years ago...) the boss of the wife.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Interesting

I wouldn't have been able to forgive, though I can understand his reasons for a avoiding filing for a divorce. And he made it clear to her he wasn't coming back and why, so not his fault she couldn't accept it.

bigguy323bigguy323almost 11 years ago
I love a happy ending!

Dead cheating wife = Happy Ending!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
He was a MAN

He stood by his guns and did what he had to do.

She said to him" the sex with those other guys wasent even any good"..........so the black Dr. wasent her only affair. She brought it all on herself.

bruce22bruce22almost 11 years ago
Yep

You did the only thing that you could with the current laws and judicial tendencies!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Know any Hillbillies?

Are you crazy? Most folks that I've met from Tennessee are prejudiced against anybody other than redneck hillbillies. That's the way they've been raised. And what Black would want to work in an appellation hospital? Ever work as an electrician in the sticks? They are living large in a mortgaged double wide trailer home. You don't know what you-all are talking about! Not too many folks accept a white woman with a mixed race child, but instead of stringing her up or running her out of town, they now politely ignore them, or treat them as whores. The legalized rape in divorce court is not an illusion. They were lucky that he did not take the shotgun to the both of them when he caught them on his bed. That showed some restraint. He shouldn't feel any guilt, as she decided to cheat and then decided to starve herself to death.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Not Thinking

It really sounds like she was screwing around for awhile, but why unprotected?

(not thinking) If she wanted him back so bad why didn't she abort the baby before she started to show, instead of keep it after he left? (not thinking) She also knew the deal he made with her no black baby and celibate for 5 mos and she screwed 4 more times, again (not thinking). Just what was with this chick-well we will never know but at least he is free of the cheating bitch.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 11 years ago
One more thought....

As someone astutely pointed out . . . Perhaps he was wondering if she would have been faithful had he stayed, confronted, and forgiven her instead of running.

Interesting point, but if that was what the author was intending to communicate by his questions at the end, it results in another equally disturbing contradiction. Here we have a story of a woman who is so distraught over losing her husband that she starves herself to death. That is taking it hard. However, prior to this behavior, the author has her continuing to cheat after he first leaves. These are contradictory elements of the story. Which is it? She forgoes sex with anyone else and starves herself to death, or she keeps on cheating?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Yes, he did the right thing. Or at least NOT the wrong thing.

Let's recap:

1) she cheats

2) she gets knocked up

3) she gets knocked up in a way EVERYONE will know he is NOT the father

4) She has 4 more affairs AFTER he leaves.

So what? He should crawl back?

Maybe for a swift kick in the nuts or what?

Remember, y'all, in many states if you return to the cheater, the system thinks 'you is all OK' with her cheating! And in many places, even if you are PROVEN not to be the father, the husband gets to supprt the kid anyway!!!

How f*cked up is that???

"Justice", USA style!

So, yes, he should have left IMMEDIATELY if for only that reason!

After she cheats, the marriage bond is broken & he is free to do what he wants, our f*cked up legal system notswithstanding. So, if he wanted to leave, it was his prerogative!!

It is too bad, and an indictment of our system, that not having done anything wrong, he should have to leave and hide to avoid being raped by the unjust legal system.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Classic BTB Formula

This is a typical formula for this genre, and not particularly well done. Many will like it because it is a BTB story, but is it asking too much for realistic dialogue and character development?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Some of this story doesn't work at all

As a registed nurse she made a living, had health care.so no reason for her firing? No protection used from doctor or herself both professionals here. So what is her thinking.? Why is she committing suicide for her infidelity . It just doenot add up. How does running away with no kids get him racked up by the courts.she made a living wage no assets to split . To weak in too many places..

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyalmost 11 years ago
Of Course, You Did the Wrong Thing

Not returning to home after you knew the trouble Elaine was in was more your own cowardice than any sort of justifiable retribution. You didn't have to reconcile and once the baby was adopted, your responsibilities were limited. I'm not sure you (the writer) erred in the dialogue of the first phone call with Elaine, when she said "the men" she cheated with. The remaining story never mentioned any cheating beside Carl. Just an editorial comment.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
One mistake...

Not bad, but after he leaves, he calls her, and she admits to having been laid 4 times since he left. She says "those men" didn't mean anything to her, but hubby doesn't pick up on it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
What an ahole

Seriously. She screwed someone. What is the big deal. This guy is a low down rotten jerk. An embarrassment to mankind. Hope he never gets laid again. She was obviously too good for him.

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 11 years ago

well you mary the slut that fucks some dude in their bed and gets knocked up with a black baby - no dna needed and then fucks 4 other guys while he is away and honoring his vows. gald the whore died.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 11 years ago
Notice that all the readers being critical of the Husband cant seem to get the Facts correct

This is what ACTUALLY happens in the story

1) she cheats

2) she gets knocked up

3) she gets knocked up in a way EVERYONE will know he is NOT the father

4) She has 4 more affairs AFTER he leaves.

But the reader who who posted THIS ...clearly did NOT read the story.

..........What an ahole

Seriously. She screwed someone. What is the big deal. This guy is a low down rotten jerk. An embarrassment to mankind. Hope he never gets laid again. She was obviously too good for him.................

what a fucking idiot

*-*-*-*-*

then there is anonymous poster Moron...

........."This story is interesting in that Elaine said she only cheated twice with the doctor, and this was going to be the last time. I think reconciliation would have been possible if some very strict accountability conditions were agreed to along with counseling. However, Darryl's ego and pride would have none of it....."

um we dont KNOW that she ONLY cheated twice with the doctor do we.? You know cheaters well they just MIGHT .. MIGHT lie. And what about the Baby? and what about her serial cheating after the husband walks out ?

LechemanLechemanalmost 11 years ago
Wow What a Story!

Well you asked for responses and you got them. As for right or wrong my only retort is to think without placing personal values. As I see it both parties were guilty, Should he have gone so far? Well she hurt him pretty bad. But her suicide and the letter was a reality punch for him so now he has to live with her verdict.

Sad story but well written.

Well done!

biggwhiteybiggwhiteyalmost 11 years ago
He did the right thing

He did the right thing. Fuck the cheating bitch. She deserved to die. I am glad he is moving on.

GenghisKhanGenghisKhanalmost 11 years ago
Good, simple, & succinct tale of betrayal & tragedy

This is more like a short reflection of what goes on in a betrayed man's head --- secretly shared with an audience --- over a one-year period, from discovery to tragedy.

If you're going to do a BTB story, do it this way. THIS PARTICULARY story is likely not the best written of all; but it easily conveys the OVER-ALL MESSAGE that betrayal sometimes DOES have severe consequences for all involved and many of those severe consequences (from decisions made that are hard or impossible to reverse... to starvation and death, as the wife did, etc) are not reversible, even if/when the major players DO HAVE REGRETS over their respective decisions, in retrospect.

So, in short, despite the roughness of the story, it accomplishes its over-all objective well.

If an authors wants to do a reconciliation (at all cost or in appropriate manners), the story will have to be more than 1.5 pages. In fact, the truly well done "reconciliation" stories --- even when one spouse of another has betrayed their family heinously --- take 10 to 100 pages, with dozens of pages on endless, mindless, and utterly ridiculous sessions of counseling babbles... If you don't want to or can't waste that much time investing into such writing contraptions, THIS IS a good example of how to write BTB stories...

elHosedelHosedalmost 11 years ago
Guilt is what killed her...

...not love, ego, or pride. You don't starve yourself to death pining for someone unless it's because your guilt is eating you alive and they're the only ones who can forgive you.

Shame really. The brother should have burned the letter.

Funny how so many blame the guys in these stories for not forgiving, but the same stories where the women kick the guy to the curb they're applauded.

TalonsreachTalonsreachalmost 11 years ago
Mixed emotions

You did good job of engendering empathy with Darryl's plight of getting screwed over by both her and the legal system. However, you also did a good job of engendering antipathy with Darryl as a human being. I'm not sure the last was what you were shooting for but you got there anyway.

Keep writing.

BTTapBTTapalmost 11 years ago
A step down

I've read several of the author's other stories, and this was a step down to me. The use of the present tense (almost always...but not quite, which is annoying) was not effective to me since this story takes place over a year. While I sympathized with Darryl, I must say that he came off as a bit of a sulking ineffectual cry-baby. The wife was a cardboard cut-out. These types of LW stories are interesting to me if they detail the burn, if they explore the emotions of the parties, if they show growth and change, or if they explore the 'why's' of infidelity. This really didn't do much of any of that. It was a straightforward hit the road story, without much to offer. I guess the protag's regret at the end is the point, but what is there to regret? The author lost the dilemma element when the wife admitted to cheating on him several times after he hit the road. That leads to the next thing: the wife's behavior is absurd. She keeps a pregnancy, knowing it might not be her hubby's; she cheats on him while he is missing, despite wanting him back and knowing he left her due to her discovered infidelity. WTF? Another little troubling aspect: the wife is an RN-she can afford a double-wide on her own salary and she would have had her medical bills covered, too. And the brother? What kind of brother is this Dave guy anyway? And the wife's mother? Who describes her own daughter like she did at the end of page 1. The effort was poor by this author's standards; I had to force myself to finish it.

I just think the author kind of wanted to do a 'hit-the-road' story and sort of mailed this one in upon completion of the rough draft.

DunaDunaalmost 11 years ago
Deep depression!

The reason of 90% of the suicide is deep depression or depression part of the maniaco-depressiva. The depression is a good treated illness today. The problem is the modern antidepressant medicines will effect after 2 months only. However the brand new data show the Lithium Carbonate decreases the prompt suicide danger strongly at the simple depression. (The Litium mends the apetit and increases the body weight!)

Here the mother of the wife should have asked for medical help or ambulance, when she did not want to drink and eat.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

Great story the nigger fucking slut got exactly what she deserved, too bad the nigger did not follow suit. And Elaine saying her husband was just as big as nigger Carter and that he was better was probably a lie. If that were true the birtch would not have fucked the bastard a second time. Great story

Mustang88LXMustang88LXalmost 11 years ago
He did it right no question

She was a cheater not once but several times. She did let it slip that it was men not man that she cheated with. Even after he left. She was a selfish cunt and there is no way she loved her husband. You can't continuously cheat and say that. Cheaters use any means they can to justify their lack of respect for their spouse. Her dying is just another selfish act plain and simple! Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
just

lol! was this a comedy?

phil2213phil2213almost 11 years ago
The story was a mind fuck

This story was deplorable. There was no heroe just people hurting and hurting eachother. What was the point? Death depression deception cheating. There was nothing worth reading!

SleeplessinMD4SleeplessinMD4almost 11 years ago
Hero or Fool?

The wife's statements when confronted show her to be a lying, manipulative slut. First, her work schedule changes six months ago so that she work nights every other week allowing her to cheat during the day. Did she ask for the change or did the new aadminstrator help his new black doctor have a playmate so that he will stay with the hospital? The wife's statement that she always cleans herself before he comes home point to a regular pattern certainly more than two times. When they cuddle after fucking that also indicates that they were very comfortable with each other. The wife cannot stop lying - first about the breakup and then about his conditions for return. Every conversation with the wife is about the house and the outstanding bills when he calls her. Only in her final letter do she say that she is sorry.I wish I could be sorry for the wife but her actions speak for themselves. She had been married only 6 years so if he took her back would she really quit. Did she die because her life went to shit or because she could not live without her husband? Why the guilt trip she laid on him every time he called her? Why did she not give him the divorce, wait for him to come backso she could show him that she had changed? In the end her last big manipulation failed so she ended her life. What is sad about this story is that the husband still is a victim along with others who loved the wife. I am not a fan of running especially when you have done nothing wrong but if he had stayed this bitch would have made his life a living Hell as she try to manipulate him..

keyholderkeyholderalmost 11 years ago
Doesn't compute

If, according to her letter, she only slept with him twice, who was she fucking the four times she said she got laid while he was gone?

monkcalmmonkcalmalmost 11 years ago
he did no wrong

to not save someone is not the same as killing someone, there free fucking will put them in the shit, so she was a slut cheated at least 6+ times letter was a lie(4+2=6) and no one was on his side, fuck'em, nothing funner than a slut begging but never really remorseful hence she fuck while he was away(4+ times), a dead remorseless whore is a good door stop.It is so well written that the lead male asks if i did wrong that's how we know he did right, for she would not have asked any questions, powerful story of a good man

user110user110almost 11 years ago
no, you didnt do the write thing.

id rather have read about an immediate confrontation at discovery. maybe change her death to a suicide. its hard to see a mom sit by while her kid sits in her room and dries to death.

ramonbrookramonbrookalmost 11 years ago
He did EXACTLY what I would have done

It wasn't his fault that she starved herself! Even at the end she was trying to manipulate him by making him feel like if he didn't come home she would die!

BUT, he did fuck himself over! He should have asked himself "can I live without her?

If he can't then try to reconcile someway! Me, I think he did the only thing a available to him

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Excellent

He did the right thing and left the dirty whore!! 5 stars but worth more. More men stories please to counter all the wimps and cucks who write on this site!

EgoTrixiEgoTrixialmost 11 years ago
Absolutely!

Top story, top entertainment and top fun reading! Ergo: Top score!

martshubby12martshubby12almost 11 years ago
Great story

I thought the story was great and gave it 5 stars. He did the right thing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
dumbass get the fucking doctor

but being a wimp you so busy feeling sorry for yourself.

carvohicarvohialmost 11 years ago
Hey there!

I read your story, and enjoyed it up to a point. I didn't mind that he fled at first, but his decision to repeatedly call and not return I agree was a little wimpish. He went a long time without sex, and in proclaiming he was loyal to vows his wife so willingly broke. I regretted his wife's demise, but I can't explain why except maybe I was looking for some kind of reconciliation, not a reunion in the marital sense but some kind of restoration perhaps friendly relations. I almost wonder if it hadn't been a better ending if he had returned, they divorced and he'd found someone else while her reputation remained in the toilet. Oh well, it was your story. I did enjoy it, and honestly, I'm a chronic fiver. You took the time to write it, and post it for free. Anytime someone does that it ought to add a point or two. Thanks for the tale, carvohi

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 11 years ago

hell i loved the way it ended. the btb did it to herself. he was right, he said enjoy bitch and he booked. so he did not break his vows, he was honorable that way, he just did not want to get raped by the courts. it was a fantastic story with a great ending. she fucked a bunch of guys and had a black baby for one of them. no going back on that shit.

you did good mik.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
One Flaw...

It seems implausible that an ER RN, working the 7p - 7a shift, wouldn't be able to afford the payments on a double-wide trailer. It's not a huge plot hole, but kept running thru my mind as I read the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
way over the top

coward wimp and loser

he let her die?

considering most tennesee ridge

runners only need to go back

ageneration ti find mom and

dad were brother and sister

it was a bit much.

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 11 years ago

He left when she had another man. Everything was her own fault, he just let her do what she wanted to do. She got knocked up, had a black baby, and he is supposed to be responsible for her? In what fucking universe?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

In the months that he left the pregnant whore,he asked if she had been celibate. She was not. After cheating lying and getting pregnant by another man, she continued to cheat on him? And did it four times too. WTF??? That was way over the top, and need not have been written.

How your characters change like that is beyond me.

So much potential...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Mother describes daughter

Haha...love it how Elaine's mother physically describes her daughter's body...ending with...nice ass.

Lol...never knew mothers paid much attention to their daughter's asses. ;)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Excellent story Amazing gift

Fourth time through your story and it still hits all the bases !

Have read most of your stories and you do have amazing talent. Some stories have disgusted,some have made me cheer . Your stories don't sound only one note, you seem to have the whole orchestra in your head.

More power to you.

Like it or not , I will keep looking for your stories.

A Merry Man

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 11 years ago
Running away delays pain and sometimes avoids some

Not this time - she got what she wanted and more -

She was a nurse and got pregnant by another man - STOOPID nurse - Dr Dick was married and impregnated his lover STOOPID Dr. -

He ran away and avoided all family not too smart either - his brother supported him - since she did not divorce him and was clear she would not running was no longer useful to him so he could have just as well gone back and dealt with it -

She might have died anyway but he would no longer carry the guilt -

ChagrinedChagrinedalmost 11 years ago
Did he do the right thing?

No, not really. If this were actually real life I would have told him that leaving was probably OK for a while. But, once it was plain that she had the child, it was pointless to stay gone.

What he should have done was left for a while, came back, sold the double wide and they could move into an apartment. Under no circumstances should he have had sex with her. After the baby, he should have sued the Dr. for child support, divorced her, and moved on. As it was, everyone lost.

javmor79javmor79almost 11 years ago
Old51

The fact that you feel the need to showcase how racist you are only shows are ignorant you are. If you look anything like I imagine you do, I'm sure that you have nothing to worry about as far as your wife cheating on you. You won't ever have to leave the bitch, because I'm almost positive that no one else wants her. I don't like talking about someone's spouse, but anyone who choses to enter a life long relationship with you has to have nothing going in her life.

As far as the story is concerned, I did like it, but I feel that the husband went too far. He stayed gone so long just because he knew it would hurt her. When the baby was born, he wouldn't have had to worry about getting raped by the system. He was in the clear. He stayed gone because it was his way of vindicating himself. The issue I have with it is this. While he was punishing her, he was punishing himself. His revenge kept him from getting the closure he needed. He never got rid of the anger. That is the reason why he has all of the guilt after she was gone. That is why he is finding it so hard to move on with his life. He's still stuck in the past. Now that she's gone, he may stay there.

Great story. Keep it up!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Dar's Good.

I had no problem with Dar's decisions. Turned out really bad for Elaine, but how is that Dar's responsibility under the circumstances? Fact is Elaine made one bad decision after another. Including getting laid 4 times after Dar left. No way an RN living in a double wide can't support herself financially. Okay, she lost her job...lots of hospitals out there.

Some folks seem to gravitate to the racism angle. Yeah, well may be. However, my impression of Dar is he is out of there whether Elaine's a black cock, white cock or green cock "slut." The trouble was not cock color. The trouble was not Dar's cock.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Good Choice

Hell yes, you made the right choice! I didn't understand the race angle until the pregnancy, then realized it was just a plot device. Who cares about the cheating slut, the relationship was damaged beyond repair as soon as she undressed for another man. Fuck her, she got what she deserved and he didn't get fucked over by the courts. Good read!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
outstanding story : )

My only regret is Dar's feeling of guilt. He was simply the victim and did what he needed to protect himself and escape a whore who has no integrity. This was a pleasure to read : )

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Cheating whore wife

It wasn't just one man ("the sex with those other men doesn't compare to the sex I had with you".) her words. So why did he do anything for her? She could have died from AIDS and caused him to die too.. It was her moms choice to help . Its stupid to underwrite the actions of the lying cheating whore. No money for her either. The brother Dave was not loyal to his brother either I would have kicked him to the curb as well. Maybe he was one of the other men.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
One of the most wonderful story !!

u have real tallent at writing. Please keep creating. 5***** !

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Fucking white trash

Dead fucking white trash. Should have flushed her white trash ashes down the toilet. Then took a shit and a piss on on top of her ashes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
bitch

you cant go back

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Yes

you did the right thing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous