Once Upon a War Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

We got up and used the sink in the room to clean up. Then we got our clothes back on and changed the bed. Making it ship shape for its intended use. Then I unlocked the door and went out to make sure the coast was clear, and then I snuck Barbara out of the building. That night I slept better than any night since we got to that god forsaken country.

All through the end of November, into December and through into January, Barbara and I got together for recreational fucking. I loved it, mainly because Barbara really knew how to have fun. She fucked like a mink. We got together at least once a week and the only bad thing was the guilty feeling I had during my phone calls with Terri.

Theresa surprised the hell out of me one evening while we were talking. She told me, "Hey lover, if you get the chance to relieve yourself with one of those female medics running all over the place, I really won't mind. I know I miss the hell out of our love making, and I'm horny as hell. I wished I could find a stargate to get you back here just one night so I could fuck your cock off."

WOW! Theresa was giving me permission to go hunting. Little did she know I already bagged a beaver. I told her, "Um, okay, I'll think about it."

She got that determined sound in her voice, "No, really Nick, I want you to do it. I read in a magazine that sex was a good way to avoid getting post-traumatic stress disorder. I want you to come home to me happy and healthy. If that means I let you have a little fling, so be it."

I thought what she said was so much bullshit, but I didn't call her on it. I told her, "I'll think about it, okay?" Then I added, "I sure miss you sweetheart. I hope we can come home before the baby's due." I absolutely meant ever word too. I told her in a husky voice, "I love you so much, Theresa. I can't stand being away like this."

We finished up the call with her crying, telling me how much she loved and missed me too.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 17 January 1991, the Doctor's call all us enlisted folk to the clinic in the evening and said, "At 22:00 hours, we are going to launch every F-16 on the ramp to go hit targets in Iraq. The ball drops just after dark Saudi time."

MSgt Goldman outlined our new work schedule. At the start of the war, he and I went on night shift, and Penny and SSgt Nicklesby took the day. After getting everything squared away and ready for any returning pilots who may have been injured. We sat down in front of the clinic's television to watch CNN report the execution of the war.

The way the news made it sound, the whole war was over with the first salvo. We used precision munitions to such terrible effect, that there was no way Saddam was going to last more than a day or two. So we though. The war just seemed to go on and on, and on some more. I can tell you it was more than a little nerve racking at first, not knowing how it was going to play out. It was one thing to have our military sitting on their ass not doing a thing, and another altogether having bombs dropping and missiles flying.

It was even more nerve wracking when the OSI chased down a group of terrorists that had plans of attacking and bombing our base. Fortunately, they were caught and turned over to the UAE who treated them as spies. Trust me, it didn't end well for them.

Sgt Goldman and I worked night shift for a week and neither one of us were getting any sleep. F-16s were taking off around the clock heading for Iraq and nobody could sleep through the racket. Finally, MSgt Goldman changed the shifts to be 24 hours on, then 24 hours off. It worked much better. We would work our 24, and in the middle of the night, we took watches. So we go 4 hours sleep each while on duty.

We routinely had to respond to IFEs, in-flight emergencies, when various aircraft would return with problems. Thank God, we didn't lose a single aircraft during the war. We had one crash during training just before the war started, and another that took the life of the pilot after Saddam capitulated. But the worst that happened during the war was when a SAM, surface to air missile, got close to one of the 4th's F-16s and exploded, riddling the aircraft with shrapnel. The pilot brought the plane home and landed it safely. He was given the Distinguished Flying Cross for his efforts. The medal is above a bronze star and below the Silver. I thought the medal was well deserved.

One night, two weeks into the war, Barbara was off duty and came by the clinic to 'visit' me. I asked MSgt Goldman if he had the clinic and he told me to go visit for a while. I don't think he understood what a visit from Barb entailed. We stepped into the small room we usually met in before the war started and we both stripped our clothes off in seconds. We came together and just held each other. The stress of the war was getting to both of us, and having someone to be intimate with was such a catharsis. Maybe Terri was right.

I sat on the edge of the bed, and Barb climbed into my lap facing me. This is how I preferred to make love with Terri, and it was the first time Barb and I had gotten so intimate. It was even more intimacy than general fucking could generate. We held each other tight as Barbara slid down onto me. Her hot wet pussy surrounding my hard cock, she just sat on me as we embraced each other tightly. Barbara started to cry softly on my shoulder. Apparently she was much more upset over the war than I was.

After a bit, when I started to shrink inside her a bit, she rose up and dropped back down, and then started to repeat the action. We fucked slowly as we held each other, getting solace from each other's body. I didn't realize what a stress reducer fucking could be. I didn't realize that friends could be so intimate without it emotionally going to a higher level.

We fucked just the once that evening. We both eventually ended up having a nice orgasm, me pumping large amounts of semen up inside her belly. After we both got off we remained locked together, holding each other, giving each other comfort. What I didn't know until many months later, is that Barbara went home pregnant from the tender encounter. I don't know how it happened, because I assumed she was on the pill. I only heard about it from Dave Hasselman when he called me after they got home after the war. He didn't know I was the father. Apparently, it caused a moderate rift between Barbara and her husband for a while, but somehow they stayed together and raised my baby as their own.

Barb and I dressed and cleaned up the room, and then we went out to watch television. The show was always the same, the CNN coverage of the war. I held hands with my friend as we continued to enjoy a closeness we never had before that evening. MSgt Goldman came by and gave me a queer look. He knew I was married and didn't really approve of me 'holding hands' with a woman who wasn't my wife. Fortunately, he didn't hold me to his own LDS standards.

Poor Penny on the other hand, when she stepped out it was a different story. Her Doctor, the mighty midget, Capt Hershel, got all sorts of indignant that a married woman would have an affair while TDY. The flaming asshole actually wrote her up and threatened to put her up on charges. The guy was such a fucking ignoramus. Maybe if he had gotten laid himself, he might have been able to chill out a bit.

On the 24th of February, Stormin' Norman Schwarzkopf started the ground war. We rolled into Kuwait, driving out what was left of Saddam's republican guard troops. The Iraqis, who stood and fought, rarely left the engagement alive.

On 25 February 1991, Iraqi forces fired a Scud missile that landed on an American barracks in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia. It was full of medical personnel killing 28 fellow medics. It was a devastating blow to all of the 'medics' at our base, I could just imagine what it did to the surviving medics up in Dhahran.

On the 28th February, President Bush declared a cease fire and on the 10th of March, the Pentagon began returning American troops home to the United States on a first in, first out basis. Since our fighter squadrons were some of the first into the Middle East, a few days later after packing up what was left of our pilfered ATC, all the doctors and medics from Hill boarded a United Airlines 747 that took off just a few minutes before midnight. The airliner stopped in Brussels, Belgium, and in Bangor, Maine, for refueling and landed back at Hill AFB 24 hours later.

Apparently, they let everyone know back at Hill we were on our way home. There was a huge crowd out on the tarmac as our plane rolled up after landing. They rolled up a set of stairs and opened the door letting in the sound of the loud cheering crowd in. As we disembarked, some asshole general and Norman Bangerter, the Utah Governor at the time, were at the bottom of the stairs shaking everyone's hand. They both looked like they would have rather been somewhere else.

As I got the bottom of the stairs, I heard a familiar squeal of delight as a very 'round' Theresa came charging at me from out of the crowd. I picked her up and spun her around and around being so incredibly happy to see her after 7 months; the whole time not knowing when I was going to come home. It was so wonderful having my sweet ,sweet, Terri in my arms again, and to see her so round and plump with our baby in her tummy. It was a glorious day!

She led me back to where Chief McGraw, my father-in-law and Julie his wife, my mother-in-law, were waiting. I shook hands with the chief and got a hug from Julie, who for the first time since I met her looked like she was glad to see me. It was a wonderful welcome home.

What was really nice is the clinic gave the returning warriors a week of non-chargeable leave so we could re-acquaint ourselves with our families. Since Terri and I didn't have an apartment any longer, we stayed the next week at my In-laws home in base housing. Terri and I shared a small bedroom with our big queen sized bed in it and we used it as we made up for a lot of lost time.

By the end of the week, Terri and I had a new apartment and with the help of a lot of my friends from the Clinic, we were able to move all our meager belongings in half a day. Terri set about making it our home with all her little do-dads and knick-knacks.

With Terri being 8+ months pregnant, making love was a bit awkward, but it didn't keep us from fucking at least twice a day for the first couple of weeks I was home. We had to separate our hugging from our fucking due to her large belly. There was no way we could do both at the same time, unless I spooned her from the back. It was so sweet and nice to be back with my wife, both physically and emotionally.

It wasn't all easy street. Terri had been on her own for 7 months making all 'our' decisions for us while I was stuck in the desert. So when I came home and resumed my role as head of household there was some friction, but we quickly worked it out over the next few months. Since Theresa was our monetary whiz kid, she handled the money even before I left, money wasn't one of the situations we had to deal with.

On the 10th of April, I took Theresa Ann Black, my very pregnant wife to the North Davis Hospital where she was in labor for 15 hours. 5 minutes after 23:00 hours, 11:00pm for you civilians, Julianna Lynn Black was brought into this world -- a healthy pink newborn baby girl. Two days later, we brought our little baby home to our apartment for the first time.

As you can guess, nobody got a lot of uninterrupted sleep over the next 3 months.