One in Ten Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
FinalStand
FinalStand
5,297 Followers

"All the better to keep a hold of you," Maggy reasoned.

"Magdalena, I don't like you, but I'm not going to do anything that I know will make you dead," I replied. My phone rang. 'GED F/B'. I thought about my response. I typed 'ChLtBg' then hung up. I wondered if they would figure out that 'Charge of the Light Brigade' meant I was making a break for the front door.

For the life of me I couldn't figure out why I didn't type 'F' or 'FD' for front door.

"Magdalena, the police are coming around the front and back. Time for me to go," I sighed.

"What have you done wrong this time?" Maggy smirked at me.

"They don't need an excuse with me," I tiredly informed her.

I turned and walked toward the curtain. The woman who had brought me in blocked my path.

"Why do you think you can leave?" Magdalena asked.

"Staying, or running, it doesn't really matter," I shrugged. "For that matter, I might as well start screaming, because I can always rely on the sick curiosity of strangers."

I inhaled. I figured I was about to get punched, pistol whipped or kicked in the nuts (but not too hard).

"I'll keep in touch," Magdalena said. "Besides, I don't really feel like sitting around while some police officer pretends she is the next Claire Wyatt."

The character, Claire Wyatt, was a famous criminologist on a current TV drama; equal parts Laura Croft and Veronica Mars – a perfect mix of body types if there was any doubt. It wasn't bad if you could get past the boy-in-distress turned bed buddy every damn episode. Technically she was bi-sexual, but that always translated over as a three-way boy sandwich.

"Magdalena, if I make my getaway before we meet again...well...I'm not going to say anything more that might piss you off, so good-bye," I edged around my feminine barrier. I virtually sprinted to Capri, who hopped off her barstool at my approach. "Cops coming," I blurted out. She grabbed my hand as we fled out the door.

"Mr. Israel Jensen," a woman called out. I knew who it was, but looked anyway. It was Detective Somerset Trainer. She was about 7 meters away, getting out of her car, facing me. Her partner, Detective Gayle Seger was already on the sidewalk, coming my way.

"Bad news," Capri squeezed my hand.

I followed her gaze. From the other direction Detectives Kwan Po and Regina Riga, also of the GED. The limousine in front of the restaurant meant they were slightly farther away.

"Hey, Somerset," I mumbled. "What's up?"

"Stop right there," she grinned. "You are under arrest."

"What's he charged with?" Capri snapped. The cops were cautiously closing in.

"Theft," Somerset kept smiling. "It seems he has some little bugs running around inside him that belong to someone else."

"That's a load of crap," Capri shot back. Me, I was getting ready to plunge into the post-lunch traffic.

"That would require someone to confess they had the damn research," Capri seethed. Right then, I saw Flame stepped outside, Silent right behind her. Flame's eyes took in the scene. The World cracked a little more.

FinalStand
FinalStand
5,297 Followers