Only in a Dream Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Nice fish, what did you catch it on?"

Dustin was smiling ear to ear,

"The spinner bait, what do you want me to do with it?"

Brad had the camera in his hand, ready to take a picture when he looked at Dustin and told him,

"Well, after you unhook it, then take him back down and turn him loose."

Dustin must not have noticed that Brad had the camera ready.

"But no one will believe that I caught it," he said with a worried look on his face.

Brad gave him a funny look,

"Hey bonehead, that's why I brought the camera," he teased.

There was no animosity in his comment, it was just the friendly banter that Brad and Dustin shared. Brad was always teasing him. Dustin just smiled as Brad held up the camera.

"Oh, I forgot."

Brad told Dustin to hold up his fish and pose while Brad snapped a photo, then looked at the display on the camera to make sure it was a good, clear picture. Brad gave Dustin a thumbs up, that the photo was good.

"Go put him back now."

"Alright," said Dustin.

As he turned to head back towards the water, the rain started coming down a little harder.

"Dustin, come back and put on your hat and jacket, I'll hold your fish for you."

Brad reached out of the window of the Jeep to hold the fish while Dustin put them on. Then he watched as Dustin grabbed the fish and headed back to the water.

"My God, that kid is getting big," Brad thought.

Dustin was now taller than him and weighed close to two hundred pounds. He wasn't fat, he was just big.

"He's gonna make a hell of a lineman once he gets rid of his timidness," Brad said out loud.

Dustin played defensive lineman for his school's football team, because he was so much bigger than the other kids his age, he wasn't real aggressive. He was scared of hurting someone.

"He's got a good heart," Brad thought.

Brad put the camera down, reached over and turned the radio back up a little, then opened the diary again. Just then, he heard a sound coming from the radio, that he hadn't heard in years.

"When I die and they lay me to rest. . . Gonna go to the place that's the best. . . When I lay me down to die. . . Goin' up to the spirit in the sky. . ."

It was Norman Greenbaum, and Brad couldn't help it, his mind started wandering back in time. . . He was in the sixth grade. . .

********

He had a crush on Suzy Tolbert. She had long, dark hair and was so pretty. He hadn't told a soul, but somehow, some way, she found out. . . Laughed at him, called him a dork. Brad was humiliated, then the kids at school started making fun of him, it got so bad, he almost hated going. The teasing continued through the seventh grade too. It was also starting to affect his grades. After the school year was over, Brad told his grandma that he wanted to change schools. He had spent his entire academic career at the Catholic grade school, but now he wanted to transfer to the public Jr High for the eighth grade.

In between the seventh and eighth grades, Brad's body went through some major changes. When school had ended for the summer he was five foot four and weighed one hundred and ten pounds. When he started eighth grade at the public school, he was five foot seven, and weighed one hundred fifty pounds.

My, how the tables had turned.

There were several other children from the Catholic school that had transferred to the public school that year too, including Suzy Tolbert. When school started that year, Brad was as big as, or in some (most) cases, bigger than the kids that had been harassing him, and all it took was one incident, just one. Johnny Erwin called Brad a pussy and Brad gave it right back to him, he looked him in the eyes,

"That is exactly what you are," said Brad.

"What did you say to me?" Johnny shouted, as he came charging at Brad,

"Now I'm gonna kick your ass!"

Just as Johnny reached him, Brad punched him hard with a right and hit him again with a left, before Johnny even knew what was happening. When he came charging again, years of being picked on brought out something in Brad, he let loose on Johnny and proceeded beating on him, until he turned and ran away. He'd not been able to hit Brad one single time. Brad felt pretty good that he'd not let Johnny get away with bullying him, but he felt bad too, he felt bad for hurting Johnny, even if he was a little jerk. Word spread through the school about what had happened, so for the most part, no one teased or said any more to Brad.

There were a few instances in high school, however, that Brad was pushed into a corner, so to speak, and he came out swinging. There were a couple of boys at school that bullied everyone, most everybody was scared of them. They had beaten up a lot of other kids, Brad just stayed clear of them.

One day at school, one of them decided to use him to do a little showing off to impress a couple of girls in the hallway. Brad was leaning over, getting the books he needed for his next class when, Rick Barber thought it would be funny to push him into his locker. Brad pushed himself back up, got back to his feet, thinking that it was one of his friends goofing off, when he noticed a small crowd had gathered, including several really cute girls. There stood Rick, laughing at him. Everybody had come to watch Rick take down his latest victim.

This scenario had played out over and over again. Rick would do this to some boy, the boy would walk away as Rick would taunt and push on them all the way down the hallway to everybody's laughs. Brad just stood there, looking him straight in the eyes, and not moving.

"Fuck you Ricky," said Brad.

"Ohhhhh. . . Shit!!" Came the sound from the crowd. Then it grew dead quiet.

Brad stared him down, then Rick looked away and he started to swing at Brad, he quickly threw his left arm up and blocked the punch. Brad was now enraged, he grabbed Rick by the front of his shirt, picked him up off of the floor, turning around, slamming him into the lockers, knocking the wind out of him.

"YOU LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE!!!" Brad said angrily, as he let Rick slid down the locker.

Brad let go of him and raised his fists, just in case Rick decided to get up and come at him. He didn't, he just sheepishly got up and walked away. This time the laughing was at him. Brad turned to see the History teacher, Mr Keyes, standing there looking on.

"Oh, shit. . .! I'm in trouble," he thought.

But he looked at Brad, and smiled. He knew how much of a bully Rick was, he was glad to see someone stand up to him and put him in his place. Everybody was in shock, here was this, not real popular kid, an absolute nobody, that had just taken down Rick Barber.

One of the other bullies decided he was going to put Brad in his place, and told him so. Brad just shook his head and ignored him. A couple of days later, the boy, along with two of his 'posse' followed Brad into the restroom. Brad knew that they were behind him, turned around to his left and quickly smacked the kid sharply in the nose with the heel of his palm. The boy dropped like a rock and his two cohorts ran away. Brad stuck around for a minute and the kid thought he was in for it, but Brad stuck his hand out and helped him up.

Nobody bothered Brad anymore after that.

Not long after that, Suzy Tolbert started being friendly with Brad, but he wasn't really interested anymore. It's amazing how someone's attitude towards you, can make you see them in a totally different light. Brad remembered how she had treated him a few years earlier in grade school, and didn't think she was so pretty anymore.

********

Brad noticed that the rain had let up a little, he looked down towards the lake to make sure he could still see Dustin and spotted him about fifty yards away. A very large fish smacked something on top of the water and Brad wondered if Dustin saw it too.

Brad looked back down at the diary and started reading again. He was now on page twenty four, about to the part where he had started seeing Matt's name, when he heard another familiar tune from a long time ago.

"The wind blew some luck in my direction. . . I caught it in my hands today. . . I finally made a tricky french connection. . . You winked and gave me your OK. . ."

It was Starbuck, and another song from a significant time in Brad's life.

"I'm never gonna get this read," Brad reflected, a little regretful of the events that this tune reminded him of.

"Moonlight. . . Feels right. . ."

*******

The year was 1976, Brad was visiting his friend Kevin, who worked at the 17th street Marathon service station. Brad had stopped by to talk to Kevin, and to change the oil in his car. Kevin's boss would allow him and his friends to use the service bay as long as it was after closing time. Brad already knew how to use the lift, because he worked for a Conoco service station across town. But, Brad's boss wouldn't allow the personal use of the service bays by employees.

The citizens band radio (CB) craze was in full swing during the mid 1970's and of course, Brad had one. He had purchased it several months before. Him and Jack used to sit in Brad's car for hours talking on the radio. It was a lot of fun and they met some really interesting people.

Brad was finished with his car, so he washed up, said his goodbyes to Kevin, and as he was leaving, turned on the CB radio. He heard a girls voice overriding all other traffic on the radio, so he knew she was close by. Brad picked up the mic, and keyed it.

"How about that beaver (female) in the 17th street area," he called out.

"This is the sweet thang, what's your 20 (location)?" a girls voice hollered out.

Brad stopped in the drive of the service station before he entered the street.

"I'm at the Marathon station on 17th."

"I'm in a maroon pickup truck, the second drive on the right on 17th, after you pull out of the Marathon," the female voice immediately called out.

Brad's heart rate picked up a little, as he pulled out of the service station and onto 17th street,

"Will she actually be there?" he thought.

He'd been fooled and sent on wild goose chases before. Driving along, he found the second drive. He just drove by slowly without turning in at first, to make sure someone was actually there. There were two people sitting inside an old Ford truck and what looked to be two young boys standing along side. Brad went down a ways, turned around and went back, this time turning in.

As he pulled in, two girls got out of the truck, the shorter of the two walked over towards Brad. As she walked over, he noticed that she was sort of pretty, not outstanding but, he wasn't too picky. His main focus, was on her large breasts that swayed back and forth as she walked towards him.

"Nice car," she said, as she walked up to him.

"Thanks."

"My name's Natalie Walden."

"Hi, I'm Brad Wilbur, are you sweet thang?"

"Yep, that's me," Natalie replied.

After they talked for a little while, the taller girl walked over, as she got closer, Brad noticed that she was a little prettier, but he could also tell she was a few years younger.

"This is my little sister, Sammy," said Natalie.

"And those two boys over there are my step brothers, Tim and Nick."

Just then, Natalie's mother called from the door for the two girls to bring the boys and come in. Natalie told Brad to wait a minute, as she ran to the door to talk to her mother.When she returned, she asked Brad if he could come back the next afternoon, they could talk and visit some more. Brad said he would come over about four o'clock, then told her he would see her tomorrow, and left. On his way home, Brad's mind was all over the place,

"Could this possibly lead to something?" he thought.

The next day was a Sunday, Brad tried to keep busy, he went and talked to Jack, telling him all about Natalie, then went fishing for a while. The day still seemed to take forever, because he was anxious to get over to Natalie's house. At four p.m., Brad was back. She invited him in to meet her mother and step father, they asked him if he would like to stay for supper. He accepted the invite.

Natalie's mother asked Brad a lot of questions about his family and home life, they went out of their way to make him feel comfortable. Brad really liked Natalie's mom and step dad, especially her step dad, he was witty and funny.

That evening Brad and Natalie sat in Brad's car talking until almost midnight. When he got ready to leave, she got out of the car, walked around to the driver's side and bent down, resting her arms on the car door as they talked for a little longer. He said that he better get home, as it was getting close to midnight and he had to go to work in the morning. She leaned in the window, giving him a firm kiss on the lips.

If you've ever seen the end of the movie 'My Girl 2' (1994), that is what Brad resembled when he walked in the house at home. He didn't even remember the drive home and inside, the look on his face was telling. Grandma asked him where he'd been.

"I met a girl," Brad told her.

"Oh Lord," was grandma's response after getting a good look at him.

It's funny how, parents, or grandparents in this case, can see trouble before it ever gets a chance to start. Brad knew that now, from the experiences he'd had with his own children.

Brad returned to Natalie's the next evening, as they sat in the car, she kissed him again and it progressed from there.

Natalie's step dad worked construction, she had to baby sit the younger kids while he was out of town on a job and her mother worked evenings, so a week passed before Natalie could go anywhere with Brad. Unbeknownst to her mother, Brad and Natalie had been sitting in Brad's car every night necking, while the kids were inside alone. Natalie would just go in and check on them every once in a while. Natalie had also been rubbing his cock through his jeans since the third night. That was the first red flag that Brad should have picked up on right away. Third night? She obviously wasn't as innocent as she let on.

On the first night that Natalie was able to leave with Brad, they went to Burger Chef to eat and then, take in a movie.

"One flew over the cuckoo's nest" with Jack Nickelson, was playing at the theater, they both laughed most of way through the film and really enjoyed themselves.

Afterwards, as they drove around, Natalie asked Brad if he knew anywhere they could go to be alone. Brad drove up north to the gravel pit where he and grandpa fished, knowing there was a secluded lane that led back to the water. As they sat and necked, Natalie was once again rubbing Brad's cock, only this time she unbuclked his pants and pulled it out. Then, she undid her pants, slid them down, pulled Brad's hand over to her pussy and he slid his fingers inside of her.

As things became more heated, Natalie suggested that they get into the back seat. Before she climbed over the seat, she pulled her pants the rest of the way off, Brad did the same, then their tops came off. They were now totally naked, when they started necking again, Natalie whispered,

"Fuck me, I want you to fuck me."

Brad positioned himself, and entered her, Brad was no longer a virgin. Because of his upbringing, Brad assumed, that, since Natalie was having sex with him, she really cared for him. That was red flag number two. Looking back, he realized that Natalie needed cock, he just happened to be in the right place at the right time.

They had gone together about a month,and drive-in theater was showing the movie Deep Throat, so Brad and Natalie went to watch. Once the movie started, feelings that they'd never had before came out, they were aroused more than ever before. They had never seen anything nearly as sexually graphic as this. They'd seen Playboy books and the like, but nothing like this. Needless to say, they were both ready to try about anything. After the movie was over, as they headed for their normal parking spot, Brad, in a hurry to get there, sped through town and on the hi way so fast, he was surprised he didn't get a ticket. When they arrived, Brad grabbed the old blanket that he kept in his car and they walked down next to the water, where there was a sandy beach.

They had talked about doing this before, but were scared someone would walk up on them and there would be no place to hide. This time they were both so horny, they didn't care. They tore their clothes off and spread the blanket out, It was on. . . Natalie performed oral sex on Brad, trying to imitate what she had seen on the movie screen. Brad tried to return the favor but, he couldn't. . .

He really wanted to, but it seems she wasn't real keen on personal hygiene. When she took her panties off, the smell was beyond anything he'd ever smelled before, it was awful, even out in the open air. It reminded him of the boy's locker room when he was in gym class, only much, much worse. He wondered how anybody could possibly get past that smell and stick their face, let alone their tongue anywhere near that.

Brad wanted her to get on her knees and try doggy, but she wouldn't. It was always the same, the only way Natalie would ever have sex, was in the missionary position.

"Just fuck me!!!" she begged.

Brad got on top of her and pushed his cock inside. As he started to hump, she grabbed his ass, and started thrusting her hips wildly, he almost couldn't keep up the pace. It took a while for them to get in sync, and by then, Natalie was moaning loudly. After that, it didn't take him long to finally blow. Brad never knew if Natalie came or not, but she seemed sated after he came. They just laid there under the stars for a while, until his limp cock slowly slipped out of her.

Natalie moved with her family back to another small town where they had lived before, about ten miles away. Her sister took over babysitting the younger step brothers, so Natalie found a job. They now only had time to see each other on weekends, but he would occasionally slip over to the restaurant where she worked in the evenings to eat. Brad had a feeling that she had another boyfriend during the week, possibly one from when she lived there before, but he never did find out for sure.

Brad noticed right from the start, that he and Natalie had different views on life, but he was in love (lust). She talked about smoking pot and getting high, something that Brad was totally against. Then would say that she was just talking and she didn't really want to do those things. When they were around her friends, he could tell that they looked at him the same way that other girls always had, that he was a dork. Natalie almost acted like she was embarrassed to be with him. They were always talking about the different guys they were fucking around with, some were even fucking the same guy. Brad was always concerned that Natalie was just like them. He picked up that vibe from her sometimes.

Looking back now, he was almost certain that she was, he felt lucky that he didn't catch an STD from her.

He didn't feel comfortable around her friends. They all smoked cigarettes, a few smoked pot and talked about doing things he didn't think was right. He was fooling himself, and was not really happy.

There was only one of Natalie's friends, Carrie, that didn't seem to treat him like an outcast. After Brad and Natalie broke up and Natalie found that she was pregnant, he would go and visit Carrie to keep up with what was going on with Natalie and the pregnancy. Carrie just flat out told Brad that she would fuck him if he wanted to, no attachments, just some fucking between friends. She was eighteen and bragged about having had sex with twenty four different guys. Not that it didn't cross Brad's mind to take her up on the offer, she was kind of cute. But, he was scared that if he did anything with her, he may start having feelings towards her. He didn't want to be emotionally involved with someone with a past like hers. Brad still liked going to visit and talking with her tho.