Only in a Dream Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

After Natalie gave birth to the baby, Brad slowly stopped going to Carrie's, he didn't want to give her the wrong idea. He did happen to see her one more time tho, and now wondered what had ever become of her.

"Is she even still alive?" he thought.

After he and Kathy had been married for two years, he ran into Carrie at the local Kmart. The small town where she lived, didn't have one, so she had traveled here to do some shopping. The last time Brad had talked to her, was about eight months before he met Kathy.

They stood and talked for a while and caught up on the last few years that they hadn't seen each other. Brad told her about his accident and his marriage to Kathy, their new baby, and where he worked now. He brought out his wallet and showed her the pictures of his new family. Brad told her about Natalie's mom taking off with the baby, and wondered where they had gone. Carrie said she was sorry to hear about his accident and how she had always loved his car.

Brad also told her, that he thought that Natalie had been messing with other guys while she was seeing him. Carrie never did give him an answer about that, and to Brad, that was an answer in itself.

She told him she was genuinely happy for him,

"I always thought you were a really nice guy."

She looked him straight in the eyes, very affectionately, and then told him,

"I wish I would have met you first. Before I. . . My first boyfriend cheated on me, and I kind of went wild, I started screwing around with a couple of other guys, just to get back at him," she sighed.

"Then, I felt like I couldn't get satisfied, and I started messing around with all of those other guys. . . I. . . I Never did find what I was looking for," she lamented, as she looked down at the floor.

"I knew we never had a chance, for that reason, you've got high standards. . . an. . . and there's nothing wrong with that," she said softly.

Brad thanked her, she hugged him, wished him happiness and a good life before she turned and walked away. Brad actually believed everything she had said to him. He could tell that she was sincere.

********

He'd promised to try and keep in touch, he really wanted to introduce her to Kathy and the kids, but it never happened. He was just too busy, it seemed, and he'd almost forgotten about her, until now.

"Wow!! That was close to thirty two years ago."

His daughter with Natalie had just turned thirty six this past week.

"Unbelievable!!" he thought to himself.

Brad snapped out of it when he heard Dustin again.

"Grandpa, grandpa!!! Look at this one!!"

Brad looked up and here came Dustin with an even bigger bass. He turned down the radio again.

"Wow," said Brad, "On the spinner bait again?"

"Yeah," said Dustin.

Brad reached over, grabbed the camera and looked back towards Dustin.

"Did you see that big one jump a while ago?" he inquired.

"I think this might be it, he jumped a couple of times and I cast over there and he hit it," Dustin said excitedly.

Brad held up the camera, pointed it at Dustin just as he looked in the window and saw the book on Brad's lap.

"What's the book about, Grandpa?"

Brad frowned a little, he'd hoped Dustin hadn't see it.

"it's just some things written down from a long time ago," said Brad.

Dustin smiled a little,

"Oh, Like your diary or something?" he teased.

Brad told him to hold his fish up, snapped another picture, then checked the display for quality again.

"Yeah, something like that," he said, as he put the camera back down.

Dustin looked seriously at Brad, and asked,

"Are you going to get your rods out and fish?"

Brad shrugged his shoulders,

"I don't know, I still don't feel that good, I think I'll just sit here and read some more. Besides, looks like your doing pretty good by yourself," said Brad.

"I'll go put him back now, I want to get back to fishing," said Dustin.

"Alright, make sure you check your line and your knots, catching those fish may have chewed up your line a little bit," Brad advised, as Dustin headed back to the water.

The rain had all but stopped now, and he almost wished it would start again, It would fit his mood. Brad looked back down at the book. He had finally reached the part in the diary that he didn't really want to see.

"I might as well read it and get it over with," he mumbled to himself, and started to read.

********

For the next twenty pages, Kathy wrote just short paragraphs of just a line or two that told about how Matt and Cindy Lane moved into the neighborhood the year before, and that Brad had gone to school with them. Then she expressed how her and Cindy had become good friends. She wrote about their trips they had been going on with the kids to Hilltop Park since last fall and how they had started going again, once it became warm this year, and how much fun they had. She had noticed that Matt seemed to be paying a lot of attention to her, she was flattered, but, she loved Brad and would never cheat on him, no matter how temping it was. She thought Matt was attractive, but way too skinny for her taste anyway.

********

Brad felt a little better after he read this.

"Maybe it was a false alarm," he thought.

It started to rain steadily again and Brad looked to see where Dustin was, to make sure he was wearing his rain gear.

He spotted him, he had the gear on, looking undaunted, as he was casting away.

"He'll be alright," Brad said to himself.

He reached over and turned the radio back up, and started to read again.

"Here we go again, God. . ."

This was one he hadn't heard, for a very, very long time, but had been on the radio constantly when he and Kathy had first become a couple. The memories came flooding back. . .

"You don't know how much I love you. . . But I love you like the su-u-un. . . I like to put my arms around you. . . Run, run, run, run away. . . Let's run, run, run, run away. . . Let's run, run, run, run away. . ."

This time, it was Jefferson Starship. . . He drifted off into the past again. . .

********

The year was 1978, he had just left his job at Conoco to work as a mechanic at a local new car dealership, they were even going to send him back to college for further training. A few days after starting his new job, he met Kathy and it wasn't long, he was in love, really in love for the first time. He had never felt like this about anyone before. He was even more in love with her now, thirty five years later. She was his life, was in his thoughts constantly, he could still just lie down, put his arms around her and hold her for hours.

He remembered after they met, how she clung to him, acted as tho she could never get enough, he knew positively, that she really loved him. And loved the way she would look at him with her beautiful green eyes, the way she just melted into his arms. He knew that he could never live without her.

When they were first together, Kathy opened up to Brad and let herself go, there was no more guilt. They experimented, found new positions they liked, she especially liked riding him cowgirl and on her knees doggy style. Brad had wanted to try pleasuring her orally, but was reluctant because of the smell he'd experienced when Natalie took off her panties. He never noticed any smell when Kathy had her panties off tho.

They had been living together for about a month, Brad and Kathy were in bed making love. He was sucking on her breasts, then slowly started kissing his way down her stomach. There was no rotten smell, so he slid on down to her vagina, running his tongue along her slit. When he spread her lips with his, started licking along and around the folds, she went wild. She writhed on the bed and moaned. Brad found that he actually liked the taste of her. And it turned him on.

Brad had read about doing this, it really turned him on just thinking about it, now. . .

"But where is her clitoris?"

He never saw any illustrated instructions.

He tried sucking on her lips gently, then probing her with his tongue. She responded to all of it, but he noticed, that she seemed to like it more as he was licking towards the top of her vagina. Brad stuck his tongue between the folds, as he licked upwards, he felt a little nub sticking out just a tad. As he touched it with his tongue, Kathy let out a whimper and jumped a little. Brad jumped too, scared that he had hurt her, sliding his tongue back down away from there.

"No. . . No, go back up to where you were," she said breathlessly.

Brad slid his tongue back up to the little nub, started licking and sucking on it. She moaned out loud, and grabbed his head as she pushed against his face.

"OH, OH, OH!!!! AHHHH!!!" she cried out, as she had her very first orgasm.

"Come here!! Put it in me now!" she cried.

Brad maneuvered himself around and entered Kathy.

"Fuck me. . . Yes fuck me!!" she moaned.

Kathy was surprised at herself, this wasn't the way she would ever act. But, she couldn't help it. He thrust with all he had, fucking her as hard and fast as he could, it wasn't long before he exploded inside of her with the biggest orgasm he'd ever experienced. As they both laid in each others arms, Kathy looked into Brad's eyes intently.

"I love you Brad, I'm not sure what just happened, but. . . I've never felt anything like that before. . . Ever!"

"I love you too," he said.

He rose and went into the bathroom, picking his jeans up off of the floor on the way. After a few moments, he returned, sitting down on the bed next to her, still completely naked. Brad took Kathy's hand, and looked her in the eyes.

"Kathy, I've never met anyone like you, I think I fell in love with you while I was washing my car on that very first day," Brad said.

Kathy wasn't really sure what he was getting at, she just smiled broadly, and started to speak. . . Brad put his finger to her mouth and shushed her.

"I. . . " I. . . want to spend the rest of my life with you, wo. . . Would you marry me?" Brad asked as he held up the ring that had been in his pants pocket.

She wrapped her arms around him, and started to cry,

"Yes, Oh, yes, yes I will."

Brad couldn't have been happier, just a few short months before, he would never have dreamed that his life could change like it had, everything just fell into place so well.

Although they hadn't set a date, they knew they wanted to be married soon.

********

Brad shifted around in the seat, as he thought about what had happened next, how the effects of the next set of sequences in his life would play out. He really didn't like to think about it, but all of those happy memories of proposing to Kathy just led right into what would become the next chapter in his life.

********

It had been two weeks since Brad proposed, it was a warm, sunny day in September, Kathy was working day shift, Brad had driven her out to work and then drove back in to his job. One of the women that worked with Kathy was supposed to drop her by Brad's work. She was to take his car and drive to visit her mother, then return a few hours later to pick him up, so they could head home.

Brad got off of work early and decided to go out and pick her up from work. About half way there, when he crossed some railroad tracks, he thought he felt a little shimmy in the front end of his car. The vibration stopped and he continued on his way, speeding up as he went. As he approached a small curve, he noticed a car coming in the opposite direction, so he turned the steering wheel a small amount to the right, to give the other car plenty of room.

All at once, his driver's side front wheel came off, slamming the hub onto the pavement, instantly pulling him to the left, right into the path of the oncoming car. He yanked the wheel to the right, to try and get clear, but the car turned and went into a slide. This all happened in a manner of seconds and was unavoidable.

The result was a head on collusion, but Brad's car was sliding at an angle, the front left corner went almost directly into the center of the other car. Both cars sustained major damage, but Brad's took the worst of it, since the impact hit the corner. Both cars were traveling about 45 mph, so the impact was the same as a 90 mph crash into a brick wall.

After Kathy left work with her ride, they came upon the accident, the woman she was riding with decided to turn around and go the back way into town. There were several cars in front of them and a long line of cars behind, so she was stuck, there was no place to turn around. Kathy and her co-worker exited the vehicle, then walked towards the crash scene with everyone else, to see what had happened. When Kathy realized that it was Brad, saw what shape his car was in, she was terrified that he had been killed.

Several of her other co-workers noticed Kathy's panicked state and managed to get their cars moved, so that her ride could turn around and go the other way into town and get to the hospital.

Although Brad couldn't remember the actual accident, he did remember crossing the tracks, the shimmy and seeing the car coming in the other direction, then it went hazy.

What affected Brad the most tho, was knowing what Kathy went through after she had realized that it was him in the wreck, before she knew that he would survive the accident. The what if's really bothered him too, made him a stronger believer in God.

If he wouldn't have left work early, Kathy would have made it to his job and taken his car, she would have picked up her young son from the baby sitter, and he always stood in the front seat. Then, there was a short stretch of hi way she would have traveled to get to her mother's.

"What if I hadn't left work early. . . Kathy would have been driving my car when the wheel came off, what if they were on the hi way?" Brad thought.

He was glad it was him, not them. These things still bothered him, all these years later.

As for the woman in the other car, she spent the night in the hospital under observation and was released the next day.

Brad remembered fighting with the nurses in the emergency unit, they were going to cut his new jeans off of him, he was determined that they weren't. Apparently they'd already given him some kind of drug, because he remembered acting awfully combative.

Kathy came to the hospital every day to sit with him while he was in the induced coma, finally after two weeks, they brought him out of it. Brad was still feeling the effects of the drugs when he was brought out of the coma, the very first thing he did, was push the nurse's call to ask the nurse if his girlfriend could get in bed with him. Everyone in his room could hear the laughter at the nurse's station before he let go of the button. They were all laughing too.

It was a very trying time for Brad and Kathy both, they had to wait for Brad's twenty first birthday to be able to get married. Brad had picked up some night classes at the local university to further his automotive repair skills. He had actually enrolled before he met Kathy, so his mother was able to keep some health insurance on him. It seemed the health insurance Brad's mother carried on him was good until he was twenty one, the insurance agent advised Brad to wait, or there may be a chance the insurance would be void. There was close to forty thousand dollars in hospital and doctor bills, so they had to wait.

When he was released from the hospital, Brad finally went to live with his mother and step father in the room that they had furnished for him. Kathy and her then three year old son were allowed to stay too. Brad's parents both worked full time and someone had to be there to help take care of Brad. Kathy just wasn't allowed to sleep in the bed with him. She couldn't have anyway, because in his cast, he took up the whole bed. His cast left him on his back, with his legs spread apart, with hospital shorts that snapped on around the cast.

Brad's parents went to bed very early, because they were both up at five a.m. getting ready for work. Brad and Kathy were kissing and carrying on late one night and Brad told her to sit on his face. That seemed to work out pretty good, so then, Kathy unsnapped and pulled his shorts aside then rode him cowgirl. It really felt wonderful to connect with each other again. They made love like this at least every other night until he had to go back to the hospital.

After an unexpected surgery and another one month stay in the hospital, Brad and Kathy moved into a house in a small town about ten miles to the east. They tried to get things back to normal, Kathy was pregnant with their first child together, so she never returned to work after the accident. Brad's prognosis wasn't very good and he was approved rather quickly for Social Security Disability.

Brad and Kathy were married twelve days after his twenty first birthday. They had intercourse three times that night, this time Kathy didn't cry, she enjoyed every bit of it. Brad and Kathy's sex life was great, but because of the way Kathy had been trained and browbeat by her mother about sex, she was still apprehensive about what her mother had told her was wrong. However, It had the opposite effect on her sister, Tina had turned into a total slut.

As much as Brad enjoyed performing oral sex on Kathy, he had never really pushed the issue of her doing it to him. He had asked if she would like to try it a couple of times, but that was all. Kathy had already done things with him that would probably give her mother a heart attack.

When Brad returned to work, it became a pain in the ass to drive as far as he did to get there. They found a two bedroom house in town and moved back again, to be closer to his work.

Kathy was an avid reader of romance novels, and one day, her and Brad happened into a used book store downtown. He found a shelf of nothing but, X rated books that were full of letters about different people's sexual encounters. He showed one to Kathy.

"Look, more romance novels," he joked.

"Oh, I'm sure they are," Kathy laughed, as Brad handed one of the books to her.

"It's the same thing, except the love scenes are more graphic," he said.

Kathy looked through one, then handed it back to him.

"I guess I wouldn't mind reading one."

So Brad purchased a few.

That night, Brad and Kathy sat in bed and read some of the stories in the books he'd purchased. They were both pretty turned on when Brad turned out the light. Once they started making love, things became frantic. Kathy straddled Brad's face, he started licking her, she took him into her mouth and started sucking. This was the first time Kathy had ever had a cock in her mouth. Brad was in heaven, thought that this was going to be the beginning of something good. Brad licked and poked around her ass with his tongue and fingers, for the first time tonight too. She squirmed and wiggled around a lot and seemed to really enjoy that. They also discovered that Kathy was multi- orgasmic, she had three orgasms that night.

Brad and Kathy lived in this house about eight months, then they happened onto a house for rent, with a two car garage and an option to buy. As they set about making house in the new place, there sex life was still good, but Kathy would only lick around on Brad for a short time, only while she was having an orgasm. They continued to read the X rated books, then as they finished each one, Brad would go get a few more.

Two more years passed in the this house. Brad's model railroad had progressed, along with the four by four truck he now owned and the three old cars he had purchased to restore. As usual, he had so many things to do and very little time, it seemed. Their sex life was good, but Kathy was still reluctant to give him head, would only lick Brad a little. She kept telling him that she felt it was wrong and she didn't want him to think she was a whore. He asked her why she would think that, promised her, that there was nothing she could do sexually with him that would make him think she was a whore.