All Comments on 'Open Mike Night'

by Just Plain Bob

Sort by:
  • 75 Comments
chytownchytownover 12 years ago
Hey Bob!!!

Good story!! Thanks!

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpeteover 12 years ago
JPB's idea of an equitable settlement....

....nope...

mike2710mike2710over 12 years ago
Thanks

All's well that ends well. He is happy and she is happy so it works for both. Thanks for the story and the entertainment. Mike from Texas.

huedogghuedoggover 12 years ago
gave it a 4 JPB

nice story but in my eyes she is still a cheater.

Raptor5Raptor5over 12 years ago
Worn Out

Slow and boring. She did cheat and should have gone away. She was willing to cheat to get a promotion and she did in my opinion.

gogreengogreenover 12 years ago
nice story. ended a little differntly then expected but a fun read.

thank fora the jokes some where pretty good.

nice read.

harbormaster1harbormaster1over 12 years ago
you are a machine

You can really crank them out...good job. Question though when does fingering and dick stroking become cheating? Let's get some comments on that!

magooomagoooover 12 years ago
He is back

well done. your story is just right in all ways your first 5 from me in a long time.

ryu77ryu77over 12 years ago
Bravo!!!

I'm glad with the change of setting, and really enjoyed this one. Thanks!!!

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiover 12 years ago
Five

I had to rate this one five just because of the fed and the bull joke. It is old, oh so old, but given the bull crap in DC over the past month oh so totally appropriate. Waving the badge at our financial problems would be just as effective as what our elected leaders have done this week.

Good one and timely JPB.

LoneStarRiderLoneStarRiderover 12 years ago
well.....

Unanticipated ending, but a 5-star story, nonetheless.

winterfoxxwinterfoxxover 12 years ago
One of your best!

Applause to the king of the short story!

Phxray54Phxray54over 12 years ago
12 year old math genius, Congressional aid....

She must already work in Washington.

It can't get any easier than that. Forty million – not billion – and things are fixed.

$40 million for 40 million workers that is $1.00 a piece, she must be a Representative....

Gee what is $1 million for 40 million workers that is $40,000,000,000,000.00 ($40 Trillion dollars)

Sorry, it's just the internal auditor in me...and the story was okay too.

deadonedeadoneover 12 years ago
????

This is JPB??

This is the author we want and respect!

p.s. Welcome back, now don't turn around piss off the crowd just to show you can.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 12 years ago
JPB rocks

Way to go Bob, loved the story.

A fast moving story and a good ending.

Thanks Bob, it's a damn fine read.

jasonnhjasonnhover 12 years ago
Funny story

I can see why she doesn't like dumb blond jokes. They come too close to her actual behavior. And how about his timing? Just perfect. The one day he catches her is the one day she is trying to pump her boss for a job. The story is dumb, like the jokes he tells, but it's all tongue in cheek.

FD45FD45over 12 years ago
First, I liked it

I liked this story and occasionally, JPB can hit a revenge story out of the park.

This is one of the 'done gray' stories. Did Bree cheat for her promotion? Probably. Does the husband believe her lies? Hell no! But...does Bree KNOW he doesn't believe her lies? Yes she does.

He made her do a very painful thing and, in the opinion of the narrator, she expressed sufficient regret at what she did to satisfy him that there wouldn't be a repeat.

So they pretend she told the truth and she knows that she dodged a bullet...at a cost.

The one point that I don't believe is the GFs accepting what happened to them and continuing the relationship with Bree and Hubby. Don't buy it.

Bob, you crank them out. I'm glad you're still around. And because of the timeliness of the material, this is a fresh story, not one of the billion you wrote before.

Thank you for writing.

dustydingodustydingoover 12 years ago
back to your best

loved it

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 12 years ago
what the fuck is wrong with you idiots?

did your balls drop off or something? More 60% of the entire story is about the wife saying "NOTHING happened!!" and putting pressure in him to come back into the marriage and even WORSE making him look like the bad guy.

its not the cheating... The reconciliation is absurd since Bobby and Bree never talk about the MAIN issue *** Why did she lie and lie and lie and lie ? How does THAT show Gulity or remorse?

Bree says they had NO actual sex... and after lying to him for months he of course accepts that.

The heart of this story is that When the wife was confronted she lied to him.

and lied

and lied

and lied

and lied.

she told everyone there was NO reason for him walking away from the marriage. It wasnt until he came clean and said I saw you fuck that other guy did she " confess"

how is TRYING to make an innocent honorable person come across as the bad Guy an indication they are truly sorry?

JerrycuriousJerrycuriousover 12 years ago
Nice story !

Good subject, good pacing, good story. Liked it.

gogreengogreenover 12 years ago
Harryin VA in ficton...

hi. what you say in a RL setting is totally true.

BUT this is JPB universe. so don't get caught up in what is real, it's not rl.

real world she is sooo gone that its quick. in a JPB happy cuckold story, it's just hay that funny, what a pillock and a silly moron... well that was funny. some on to point a finger at and laugh. next... yay an other funny weak willed idiot cool.

i also find that jpb stories have a hidden meaning.

this one is, if your a forgiving type and a little soft hearted, with the woman you married and still sort of love, then hay, you get a cheating slut but... hay as long as you check for STD, you get a happy playful wife, that keep you well feed.

if that your bag great, if not hay at lest you found out what not to do...

me personally i think he was softie but hay the bad jokes where fun to read, and the ending was soft and predictable and so i class as light reading.

that in the end is the best way to read one of these happy cuckold story's, i find.

it's not real so who cares, but it got good characterization and nice fluffy ending and so who cares, it matter little.

at lest you can see why he made that call, and it was more believable than most of them that JPb has writen of late. so it was worth rating well.

so dont think, what you would have done but think "was it believable to the personal of the guy in the story??" if so then it was good, if not the it was lame.

i hope that has given you puse to think??

ats why i like JPB he has written from every angle and aspect of this issue and try's to perfect that angle as best he can.

that felxabalty in a writer is rare, and so should be encouraged.

that why i'm normally positive about his writing. personally JPB talent is worth respecting even if you don't like the story much,as it was just an other cuckold wuss story....

take care

MissouriUSAMissouriUSAover 12 years ago
Curb Bait!

So she admits to Bobby that she had let herself get felt up pretty routinely. But that's not cheating? She claims, only after she found out that Bobby had witnessed it with his own eyes, that what she did with Frank Miller was not cheating? She had denied any and all of that beforehand. Even if she didn't do the big nasty with Miller, how can Bobby believe anything she says? Harry's analysis is dead on.

One other note: for some reason, the time line of the story got a little confusing for me. Having the story told in between acts at the comedy club just didn't quite work.

Thanks for sharing the story though, JPB.

MissouriUSA

oldwayneoldwaynealmost 12 years ago
I didn't give JPB One Star like I usually do.

I felt generous tonight so I gave him two.

(At least it rhymes...)

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
WHY IS THERE ALWAYS AN ELEMENT OF DOUBT

when things dont work out any-ways, TK U MLJ LV NV

AdjectiveNounVerbAdjectiveNounVerbabout 11 years ago

I got some chuckles and smiles out of this, so I guess reading it was time well-spent.

FD45FD45about 11 years ago
Bob...

Exactly how common do you think open marriages and swinging actually is?

Infidelity: Women whine. Men divorce.

SirThopasSirThopasabout 11 years ago
Actually, FD

While female infidelity is on the rise, the number of divorces initiated by men is not. Interesting, that.

The reality is, men are brought up to see marriage as settling. It is something they do when they are ready to end their self-absorbed exploration...a step in the process of maturation. Women, on the other hand, are raised to see marriage as the completion of their dreams. The peniltimate moment of selfishness. It begins with "their" big day and often continues under their rules (though few men admit to this). It is the embodiment of what has been sold as romance. So men tend to "settle" for dissatisfaction more, while women are more likely to see it as undair to them...a reason to leave.

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 11 years ago
Maybe

JPB covered Sweetie a fair (but not absolute) amount towards the end of this tale. The Bull / Boss DID have a predator or harassment record in the company, AND the lady who DID get the promotion admitted she was harassed and succumbed. That makes Sweetie's claim of coercion plausible. Her NOT getting the promotion is consistent with her NOT following through. Does NOT change what she WAS willing to do (and the company she was willing to keep), which was excessive in & of itself.

5*

FD45FD45over 10 years ago
Sir Thopas

The reason men's divorce numbers haven't risen is because women are beating them to the punch. Women are initiating 70% of divorces these days.

And why not? As you stated, the wedding is the penultimate experience for a woman. She gets showered with a fancy party where she is the most important thing in the world...for a while, thousands of dollars are spent on her, and she has her paycheck...excuse me...husband. She gets her house, she gets her car, she gets her kids, she gets her husband.

They divorce...and she keeps the house, she keeps the car, she keeps the kids...she keeps half the paycheck. And she can get ANOTHER big party...with the next sucker.

Is it any wonder that the marriage rate tends to be dropping. It isn't that husbands aren't wanted...it's that men are starting to get the system and the system isn't their friend.

But what I meant was that in cases of infidelity, women are less likely to divorce for it. Men will.

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 10 years ago
Yes, she did lie and lie and lie.

And did not admit anything until he told her he was watching her in the club. Maybe she thinks that actual dick to pussy penetration is the only thing that is breaking your marriage vows. I like happy endings but he better watch her a little closer, there may be another promotion promised down the road.

1Thinkingman1Thinkingmanalmost 10 years ago
Irrelivant

What he saw is enough to divorce the cunt. The fact left out was that she disrespected her husband by don't it in front of her coworkers and anyone else who happened to be there that night. JPB's men are always on the wimpy side so it is no stretch that he would take her back after she lied about what he personally saw. That lie leaves her account of the rest of the night as suspect. He takes her word for it after she lied to his face.

Pappy7Pappy7over 9 years ago
It's one of those typical JPB

stories where the wife always asks "Are you going to believe me or your lying eyes"? And he always believes her. Cuck-a-doodle-do

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I had such high hopes

The old saying"if you cant do it in front of your husband-boy friend then dont do it at all"applys here in spades. She all but said she thought about fucking him for the job(whore)thats what you are when you are paid for sex. Anyway after the in your face disrespect from herhejust rolls over, bullshit he should have kicked her to the curb. And if the thought about letting this go was possible I would have had her in a shrinks office boo koo fast to find out where in her pea brain she thought this was OK to do.

Tim413413Tim413413about 9 years ago
I thought

the story was very well designed and executed. Splicing the open mic part of the story with her cheating part of the story worked very well. He'd better keep her on a very short leash or just let her do her thing and walk away again. Maybe let her tell him what she is willing to do to keep him. As I have said dozens of times on this site - I can't imagine anything good coming out of a regular girls' night out.

The tag(s) sucked. Come on JPB!

KarenEKarenEalmost 9 years ago
Lying

Even if EVERYTHING she said was 100% true, she still lied when she denied what he had already seen with his own eyes!

mike9698mike9698almost 9 years ago
total bullshit

let me see, so this was a one time thing. it never happened before or since. yet the one night he goes to where they are is also the one night she is doing this.wow, what a coincidence. then the next day she lies thru her teeth about what she was doing. if it was a one time thing it would stand out in her mind. she would know that the one time she fools around the next day her husband leaves her. she had to know why. but she doesnt,why because it wasnt a one time thing.

carvohicarvohialmost 9 years ago
I just don't get it!

This was a terrific story; it was a twofer!

First the infidelity story went along about the way many such things go. wife sort of gets caught, they separate, and after a few trips to the laundromat the man decides it's time to reconcile.

Second, I got a bunch of really dumb, but harmless and funny stories I can dump on my family this Fourth of July.

And last, people shouldn't take some of the stuff JPB and HDK write so seriously.

This was a five!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Nope

She admitted playing with Franks cock, made out with him and let him play with her 'bits and pieces', while married to someone else.

Nope, jettison her and don't worry about where she lands.

5 stars!

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
I GUESS THOSE LYING EYES

are not telling the truth and the whole story. TK U MLJ LV NV

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 8 years ago
but anyway.....

There is no such thing as a blond joke.

Those are all documented case histories.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 8 years ago
just like the...

"Reaching into his pocket he pulled out his badge and proudly displayed it to Ben. "See this badge? This badge means that I am allowed to go wherever I wish...on any land. No questions asked and no answers given. Have I made myself clear?""

Just like the badge the Geheim Staatspolizei had.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
FD45

Written like an idiotic misohynist who believes all women, no matter how faithful or loving deserved to be divorced or cheated on.

sinstalkersinstalkerabout 8 years ago
Liked it...mostly

Not enough depth in the writing to make any kind of decision as to what the reader would do in this situation. Normal for this author. I keep wondering why her legs were so spread if he wasn't getting to touch her like she was stroking him. Why spread your legs to invite it if she was going to snap her legs closed. Don't think I could believe her much I enjoyed reading this though I wish there was more depth to the goings on in it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
WTF!! No matter how you slice it....she DID cheat.

She was KISSING the guy. She was RUBBING HIS COCK.... she was having her CUNT massaged... And what fucking idiot believes that she didn't fuck him... either in his car or in a motel room? She was drinking and was all warmed up. When he got her alone, he wasn't going to take NO for an answer. She was going to get fucked before those two hours had passed. She had no problem LYING to her husband, saying that NONE OF THOSE THINGS HAPPENED... when he SAW IT WITH HIS OWN EYES. Wjat are the odds that her husband came in and saw her on the ONLY time that she did something like that?? Bullshit. That night wasn't the first time she'd been fucked.

Becky got the job because she fucked him BETTER or promised to do it REGULARLY and OFTEN. Of course she cried when she got questioned about it. They always play the victim card when they're busted.

Still.. it was an entertaining and well written fuck story. I gave it four stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Short and sweet, huh? Well, short maybe, but not all that sweet. Maybe the wifey didn’t screw her way into a promotion but she did everything short of it. And speaking of short, that’s the way this story ended. Short of a definitive ending. Maybe I should say “Ending Interruptus”. D

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Think on it.

I think about things or sit on it, But five *s for the jokes.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Cheated

Bree definitely cheated and did not deserve the reconciliation. But the jokes were good, so this is my favorite from Bob from the last several that I have read.

tazz317tazz317over 5 years ago
JOKES ARE JOKES AND MOSTLY HUMOROUS

but the BF and GF rules still should apply equally, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

Typical JPB storyline for those of you new to the scene.

1.) Husband finds out wife is cheating/is a round-heeled slut.

2.) Instead of confronting, Husband watches and does nothing.

3.) Wife tearfully begs husband to come back.

4.) Husband self-castrates himself, has his spine surgically removed and takes wife back.

This is a pretty standard boilerplate template for JPB's stories, just add names, locations and a few details to fill out the rest.

YouamiYouamiabout 5 years ago
Critics chill out!

JPB

I thought this was one of your best submissions. I actually loved the Landing Strip comedy nights, even the corny jokes. Fuck the critics...you did good with this lighter-hearted tale, which makes a pleasant change from some of the nuclear response brigade!

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 5 years ago
Good story, right on the edge. 5*****

She definitely did cheat on him, even if she did not have sex with her boss. Her behavior was wildly inappropriate. However, forgiveness is possible when there is change and this story ran right down the middle. I honestly can't tell if she told the truth or where it goes next, but life has uncertainties and you brought them to the front very well. And the jokes were great!

49greg49gregover 4 years ago
Ahhhh True love?

I liked the story, it's a good one and well done. Would I have acted the same way? Don't think so - I am not a public speaker so I couldn't do the open mike MC thing.

Good jokes, even thought I've heard them, or variations of some of them before.

I'd say the story's believable, as to whether she cheated or not? No way to tell. But he said that no other woman made him feel the way he feels about her. So maybe a little forgiveness, but keep tabs on her. What she did do, and admitted to doing - 'making out', plus the touching and what not on the dance floor and under the table would be enough for me to walk out, whether she closed her legs at the last minute or not.

And divorce sucks, you lose half of everything and if you make a lot more than her, you lose more, and your retirement gets dinged bad. No, keep an eye on her but if there's the slightest chance you think she'll stay faithful in the future, take it.

Five star story.

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 4 years ago
Take by and 26thnc comments and I am done

Agree with both

robroy93robroy93about 4 years ago
A few worse

I've read a few worse stories, some by this author, but the standup is pretty good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
How often have you heard.....

....... curiosity Killed the Cat ?? When Bullshit is on the line it’s either “It’s not what you think” or “I can explain”, then there’s manipulation by either making you feel guilty, make you look or feel like bad guy or crying, just mentioning a few. The solution for crying is easy “If your going to cry fill me a bucket, otherwise don’t bother”, you would be amazed how quick the tears stop (Got a Stop Watch ? Go ahead and time it); but was follows is comical, the “Stink Eye”.

Because you busted the game of Bullshit and Manipulation and she’s gotten caught and called on it, think about it !!! The sheep will say “Dick” you can’t be like that. Response “What part was untrue ? Her lies, her games or omissions from the Truth ? Pick the one that’s purely Honest and Truthful” !! The sheep are silenced because they can’t put there head in ground and hide, the Truth is Brutal and Ugly, Bummer !!!

With Bree having second thoughts does not cut it, even with Frank getting fired and she called and spoke with her friends husbands as part of her punishment. Intent was there, causing doubt, which leads to Trust or in this case Bree broke the Husbands Trust. If you can’t cover the bet don’t make one dumb ass or in this case “Stupid Bitch” !!!

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago
Read it again.

It's still one of you finest. She went WAY over the line, but sometimes forgiveness is possible. I doubt I'd be comfortable doing it after seeing what he saw, but I do get it. Good story very well told. And the corn flakes joke is the best!

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

How can he ever trust Bree after watching her with Frank??!! And the 2 hour wait till she got home?? I call BS on her story!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

She was unfaithful, period! She didn’t trust her husband, lied to him, and whored herself for $5000 and a car. If she didn’t “go all the way” with the guy, that just means she is a liar to him also. Why should anyone trust her, ever, with anything?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Every lying denial destroys more of the little trust remaining that is necessary to salvage a relationship. That includes the lies to limit damage after he told her that he was the one who saw her. Somehow he makes a leap of faith. Yes, she had to turn in her boss and friends. That should have cost her. What was never questioned was her definition of 'made out'. We all know that can range from kissing/hugging to oral sex. That was never questioned even after seeing had/genital contact in public in the club. Neither was the frequency of circumstances of getting fondled by other people. Was this related to thinking about cheating or just grabby guys while dancing. Her comment of "Want to know" some of the tips to starting open marriage could be a smart aleck comment or an invitation to try it. LOTS for them to talk about to determine if they have any future. Lots of material for a follow-up! What people know in the brain but don't seem to get in the heart is that everyone in a relationship will pay an emotional price when either of them cheats.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 2 years ago

These two commenting anonymous imbeciles are writing about fictional character as if it is a real person, exhibiting typical redneck attitude as if anybody gives r.a. about their moral "fortitude".

I think the turnaround is OK but this typical trailer park crowd JPB is so familiar with is sort of a strange place for BTB sermons.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

"Even after I confronted you and let you see how I felt about the adulterous group you work with you still hang with them." - And she lied about what he said she did until he told her that he SAW it with his own eyes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Didn't believe her.

NitpicNitpicover 2 years ago
Still

Still no indication whether Miller shagged her or not.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Where is the ending.

Les

Paumen1969Paumen1969about 2 years ago

Didn’t add up, she should have suffered much more. I don’t believe she didn’t fucked the coworker but she could be put on the bisexual corner and be obligated to come with some girls to share

miket0422miket0422almost 2 years ago

My first instinct is to say she's lying and really did fuck him. BUT... Becky got the promotion and when confronted by HR admitted to fucking him to get the job. So, if Bree had fucked him why didn't she get the promotion?

That being said. What he saw her doing in the bar was more than enough to divorce her for.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Slut keeps up about an open marriage .

Yeah , he's a pathetic cuck and the shuts cheating on him and has been the whole time

One star

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Weird story. The cornflakes joke was good

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good tale as well as some tolerable jokes. LP

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

good jokes and the 12 yr. old's economic plan. 50=50 om ending the marriage

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It doesn’t matter if there’s penetration or not! She ate, drank, danced, kissed, fondled, and was alone with another man. That’s dating behavior. If you’re dating someone else besides your spouse, then you just chucked yourself out of the marriage!

ZK

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Average story but the jokes were damned good especially the jigsaw one

ibuguseribuguser10 months ago

I agree, good jokes.

RedRachaelRedRachael3 months ago

Nope. She makes out with him, lets him feel her up, rubs his dick and lets him inside her skirt. Then lies about it. Sorry, she cheated.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust Plain Bob@Just Plain Bob
9068 Followers
Just a Dirty Old Man (of course I have been one since I was thirteen)who likes to write about the things that I've seen and been exposed to in my life. There is a little bit of me in almost all of my stories and in some of them there is quite a lot. I leave it to the reader ...

story TAGS