All Comments on 'Outsourced'

by ktmccoll

Sort by:
  • 41 Comments
bb1212bb1212about 14 years ago
Good story

Original and well written, with good sex scenes. One little thing, in the first few paragraphs Leslie is first his girlfriend and then wife. Still - why let a small thing like that distract from a good story?

fregenfregenabout 14 years ago
Very Clever!

A new and original situation scenario. The sexually uninterested partner is too true unfortunately. The uniqueness of this story, of course, is the wife/girlfriend's willingness to set up an alternative for him. Much more frequently it seems to be 'I don't want him but I don't want anyone else to have him either.'<P>

As the story correctly points out the danger is that sex and love cannot 'always' be held distinct. My partner's responsiveness to me fills a deep need. It also instills in me a desire to do more for her. It brings me closer to her on an emotional level too. It's a shame that many women loose sight of that.<P>

Story does not feel like it has ended though. Thanks for sharing.

grunabonagrunabonaabout 14 years ago
*****

Excellent, start to finish.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Great

Would that all wives who have lost interest could be so practical. Too bad the inevitable had to happen in the end, and Leslie's generosity backfired on her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Interesting premise ...

but it seems like Leslie forgot about the connection between sex and love.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
I enjoyed it...

I enjoyed it but I have a problem trying to apply it to my own life. I know, my life has nothing to do with it but even so. It's well written, it's an interesting journey and I hope you continue with it.

FionaVolpeFionaVolpeabout 14 years ago
Interesting perspective.

Not your average cuckold. Cuckette? Story. It's usually the female that can't disassociate love from sex. Thanks for the entertainment.

DrallDrallabout 14 years ago
I loved it!

How about a sequel? Anyway,thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Surprised!

I was not going to read it, but am very glad I did. It was well written, and at times romantic, almost a fable with its not so subtle moral to the story.

Nicely done.

Michael

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
I loved this story

Brilliant....a great idea and wonderfully written. is there another chapter? That would be great...

FrederickJonesFrederickJonesabout 14 years ago
Terrific Story

I enjoyed this story from the first paragraph down to the last period. Excellent work! Please keep it up. And, yes, a sequel would be great.

Fred

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Yes, a Fable

The anonymous comment that says this is a fable is so right. The story made me pity everyone in the story, yet is still quite hot. Aesop would be proud, well done.

bruce22bruce22about 14 years ago
Delightful Fable

The entry into the story was nicely done and the conversations were smooth and witty. Very intelligent story and reflects the images of hundreds of variations on the theme yet to enter into everyday use. Outsourcing writing is one of the oldest tricks in the book...

FireFox59FireFox59about 14 years ago
Interesting

Well written. But seems really strange to me. I was expecting that Leslie would have a lover and got Rick into this because of her cheating. Like I said strange but you did a good job with it. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Please continue

How about someone turns up pregnant?

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassabout 14 years ago
Sharing

There are some things my wife wouldn't want to share--her toothbrush or her husband. Leslie is certainly open-minded, but can work be that much more important than a marriage relationship? Maybe so. Anyway, it was a fantasy, and an excellent, imaginative fantasy at that. Thanks for sharing--you too, Leslie.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
the final outsourcing

I was expecting a different ending, like "Guess what? I just outsourced our love. Good Bye,Leslie"

realman_usarealman_usaabout 14 years ago
Nicely constructed

I like the initial approach and overall construct. You left enough lee way, how about a follow up chapter?

spoiled_bratschespoiled_bratscheabout 14 years ago
Thank you

for an imaginative and beautifully written tale. Looking forward to enjoying more of your work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Very well written

I really enjoyed your story, which seemed to add a new level to the old story of couples growing apart and being too busy. I'd love to read more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Moving emotionally

Thank you, finally something other than the typical. I would be interested in more. The setup and intro caused me to feel the same gut wrenching thoughts as the character, but there is the hint of the unexpected too. Very nicely crafted.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 14 years ago
Clever story

Concise, erotic, and well written!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
There are some clever writers on this site.

This was clinically(cynically)brilliant. As a qualitative control director myself I also love making up officious sounding jargon, but was yet to acquaint it with horn...Mancelt.

Psionic_XPsionic_Xabout 14 years ago
Great story!

I really enjoyed this story. Something a bit different and quite clever. Very well written too. I would love to read a followup to this story. Great job!

Orion623Orion623about 14 years ago
Excellent

Five stars for an ingenious twist on the outsourcing phenomena. The story was well written and sprinkled with humor which kept it on the light side. More stories like this one would be very welcome.

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpeteabout 14 years ago
Good revision (with the "All business" plot device)....

....and nice writing especially where boyfriend/hubby concerned.Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Devilish Imagination; Thus far!

Whilst your biography is short on detail, your writing captures the readers' interest, albeit imperfectly! Look forward to future submissions, from an extremely gifted erotic imagination, revealing your undoubted maturity?

skywriterxxxskywriterxxxabout 14 years ago
Awesome!

wonderful theme! Very well written, great story.

CeliaisAlienaCeliaisAlienaabout 14 years ago
Terrific

A charming, clever, psychologically 'real' story with plenty of erotic heat, both in the physical action and all the frissons of ambiguous intimacy. Shows how 'unforbidden fruit' (so to speak!) is never all that simple!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
A joy to read

A master class in storytelling with no jarring somersaults of grammar that usually spoil any involvement is the vast majority of contributions on this site, where writers have a good basic premise but are totally incapable of expressing it engagingly. How pleasing to find an author who can use 'to' and 'too' in the same story correctly, without a reader having to rescan sentences to decode which they intended. I will never undestand how people can praise stories where infantile mistakes completely destroy the magic they seek to create.

brain_damagebrain_damageabout 14 years ago
Wonderful story

I really enjoyed this. It looks like Leslie is about to be outsourced. There's got to be another chapter, Please!

ohioohioabout 14 years ago
Very nicely done!

Original and provocative. Maybe you're planning a sequel--I can certainly imagine one--but in any event I'll look forward to your next story.

Thanks, ohio

sexmatesexmateabout 14 years ago
Title says it all!

"I don't want us to be the kind of couple that drifts apart because we can't come to terms on something as mundane as sex."

This statement by leslie is the throw for the relationship. What she is saying is that her job and everything else is more important than him and she will not give him or the relationship the time it needs.

After his first encounter with the surrogate sexmate:I return to the study and lean against the door. "What do you want for supper?" I ask.

Leslie smiles. "We have some time. Let's go out." if she has enough time to go out then she has time to make love to him but has no interest. She reminds me of that PHD doctor on the show "Bones" Who is smart as hell but has no common sense.

So it's no shock that now he is emotionly disconnected from leslie. This could be seen from the begining of the outsource talk in the restaurant.

So leslie will now be outsourced! big surprise there! But I do give you kudos on the premise and the different way this subject was told!

Thanks for writing!

humminbeanhumminbeanabout 14 years ago
Good one

Interesting premise - mostly that Leslie has a misunderstanding about the purpose of sex in a relationship that I find mind-boggling and utterly believable.

jiskittenjiskittenalmost 14 years ago
Great concept

A very nicely told story. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Great Writing

You are heads and tails above almost all of the other writers in this venue. "Carnal leprosy" and other allusions that you create show a terrific talent for writing. Keep up the great work.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 13 years ago
Just discovered this story . . .

Agree with others, very well done. My wife is also my girlfriend, and my best friend, so I'll forgive the little slip at the beginning (maybe it was done on purpose). Good writing and original way of doing this theme. Will read the sequel next. Thanks for writing.

Many FeathersMany Feathersover 13 years ago
Very well done

One hell of a writer, that's for sure. Enjoyed this piece very much, already looking forward to reading the rest of your work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
it's nice

It's a nice story and all but I just never felt anything for it. I'm just not a swinger type I tried to tolerate it but call me a romantic but if you are in a relationship and you still need to involve other people in your intimate lives I don't get why you are even together. What he said in the beginning about breaking up I feel exactly the same on the subject. I don't get the concept of swingers. Might as well just be fuckbuddies no point in sharing a life together if any fucker off the street can get in the sack with your significant (or insignificant at this point) other. None the less it's a good story just not my type of story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
A couple of thoughts

First, the writing was very good and the story flowed well. But at the end of the day Leslie has hired a prostitute to fuck her husband because she doesn't want to be bothered. Is anyone really THAT stupid? They felt more like brother and sister than husband and wife. Leslie's nonchalant attitude towards both sex and her husband should be all he needs to realize their marriage is over. That Leslie cares more about her job than she does her husband. A blind man could see that. Why would he just accept a prostitute in replacement for his wife? He knows the marriage is over. Fucking another woman makes him the cheater. Best to get a divorce and move on. Both her solution and his acceptance make both of them idiots. Not a decent or likable character in this mess. Not good.

1 star

IJS0904IJS0904over 1 year ago

The writing was excellent and the characters motivations were understandable intellectually. The wife putting her career thousands of feet above her marriage certainly wasn't understandable emotionally. I can't imagine how devastating it must have been to his ego when she informed him that she would rather work than have sex with him. And, oh by the way, didn't really care who he fucked as long as she controlled the terms. She deserved to lose him, if in fact that was the result. I liked the way you let the reader's imagination take the story to whatever conclusion worked for them. A good piece of writing, especially considering how unsympathetic the characters were. Well worth five stars.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous