Peggy & I Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Would you like to taste a much milder scotch? Nothing like the one you tried."

"Sure. Pour just a sip. I'd hate to waste good liquor if I don't like it."

"Wise man. Frugal. I like that, laddie. A wee dram coming up," said Uncle Ross in a bad Scots accent.

"Bring the pitcher," said Ed.

"Right. Coming up."

Uncle Ross brought over a bottle, a glass and a pitcher. The bottle said Glenfarclas.

Ed said, "This is a medium bodied scotch, but it is aged in used sherry casks to mellow the flavor."

He poured a small shot and said, "Smell it first."

I gave it a sniff. It was far better smelling than the Laphroaig my buddy had given me. The smell was complex, and I could detect several flavors.

"Now give it a little sip. Hold it in your mouth."

I did as requested, and found it pleasantly mild compared to the other one I tasted. Still a little strong, but not unpleasant.

Ed held out the pitcher and added just a splash of water.

"A little water brings out the flavor and releases more of the aromatics. Never ice like some Philistines I know," nodding to Uncle Ross.

Uncle Ross held up his glass in a salute and said, "No ice is un-American."

I smelled and tasted the scotch with the water, and there actually were more scents that even an untrained nose could detect. Same with the taste. More flavorful and a little milder.

Peggy was walking over, as she had seen her dad with the scotch.

"I could get used to this," I said.

"Making another convert, Daddy?" quipped Peg.

"I think so, Peg. We'll have to give him a taste here and there to see what he likes."

Peg have him a hug, and then patted him on the shoulder.

"That's my dad, Al. Willing to volunteer at any hour to corrupt the youth of America."

Ed and Uncle Ross clinked their glasses.

"Here's to the corruption of young Americans with old scotch," toasted Ed.

We talked for the rest of the afternoon. I found them unexpectedly easy to talk to. Once Elaine and Sara got over the idea of a college graduate, I even enjoyed talking with them.

The afternoon turned into the evening. I limited myself to one full shot of scotch, as I didn't drink that often and didn't want to seem intoxicated in front of Peg's family.

I did notice that Peg sipped down about a shot per hour, drinking it the way her father did. She caught me staring at her while she was sipping, and smiled.

"Dad introduced me to it when I turned twenty-one last year. I'll share some of my favorites with you. I never had any at school because alcohol isn't allowed in the dorms, and a shot of the good stuff at a bar can break you."

At five thirty, we walked to the Legal Seafood restaurant nearby. I had been to Legal Seafood at several of their locations. As always, the food was very good.

At dinner, Ed stood up and announced that it was time for Peg's graduation present. He handed her a piece of paper.

Peg opened it and her jaw dropped. She was speechless. She hugged her mom and dad like they had just come back from the dead.

"How . . . why . . . you can't . . ."

I asked, "What is it Peg?"

Peg handed me the paper. It was a computer printout. A receipt. A receipt in the amount of Peg's entire student loan! Her mom and dad had just paid off every nickel!

"Peggy, dear, when your father and I said that we were only going to pay for part of your college education, we did it because something you pay for yourself is more important in your mind than something given to you for free. We knew that it would be just one more motivator for you to get the most out of college that you could. It has always been our intention to pay for your schooling, and now that you are graduating, it is time to share our secret."

Peg was crying now. She was hugging her parents with tears of joy in her eyes.

We enjoyed the rest of the dinner and the dessert that followed. Peg kept looking at the printout, as if it would turn into a dream and go away if she didn't check on it every ten minutes.

After dinner, I told Ed and Leni that I would escort Peg back to her dorm.

"We're looking forward to meeting your parents tomorrow," Ed said. "Dim sum at the China Pearl brings back old memories, too. I hope they still have the salt and pepper shrimp at the steam table."

"Only on weekends now, but I think you can order them ala carte."

Ed put his hand on my shoulder.

"You seem to be a regular guy, Al. Peg seems to like you, and I can see why. Feel free to call me about anything. Anything. She's the most important thing in our lives."

"Thank you. She's the most important thing in mine, too."

He shook my hand with a good, strong grip and looked me square in the eye.

"Good. See you tomorrow."

On the way back to her dorm, Peg asked me how I liked her parents. She said it was important to answer honestly, and not blow off the question with a pat answer.

"I liked them. Really. We spent the whole afternoon talking, and they treated me like I was one of the family. Both of them are sweet and your dad has a funny side to him."

"Phew, she said. "That's a relief. You are the first boy I've ever brought 'home' and I was hoping you would hit it off."

We got back to her dorm, and I kissed her goodnight.

"Pick you up at ten," I said.

She nodded, and went up to her room.

I went back to my apartment and Googled "single malt" so I could converse a little more intelligently on the subject. Then I masturbated while thinking of fucking Peg in that dress.

The next morning, I was up at 8 am. Peg called at 9. When I saw her on the caller ID, I hoped everything was all right.

"I got it! I got the job! They send letters to everyone, both thumbs up and thumbs down, but they personally call each accepted applicant."

My heart was in my throat. If she got the job and I didn't, I would have to try to find other work nearby if I was to be with her.

"Wow, Peg, that's great! Congratulations! I'll keep my fingers crossed. See you in an hour."

I went to pick Peg up, and she was waiting for me in another outfit Goldie had helped her pick out. It was very "Goldie," except a bit more modest. She was wearing a plaid skirt that came down to just above the knee. Goldie's ended just below her ass. Peg was wearing a white blouse that was buttoned to the second button from the top, and her bra did not show at all. She had a light red sweater over her shoulders with the sleeves tied together in front, tan knee socks and loafers.

I thought about Goldie wearing almost the same outfit the first day I saw her, and Peg wearing this outfit now. I thought Peg was far sexier in it than Goldie could ever be. A woman acting normally in a hot outfit is far sexier that one who is obviously on the make.

I complimented her on her attire, and we took the "T" to Boylston St. Station for the short walk to the China Pearl.

The restaurant is on the second floor, with a steep set of stairs leading to it from the street. As we neared the top, I could see my parents waiting for me. I introduced Peg, and Mom hugged her.

"It's nice to meet you, dear. Alex has told us so much about you."

Peg looked at me, and I blushed a bit.

"Oh, Mom, I just said I was dating her. That's all."

I winked at her, and she toned down a bit. Dad took her hand and kissed it.

"Enchanté," he said.

"Merci, tout le plaisir est pour moi" Peg replied.

It seemed odd. The subject of other languages had never come up. I wanted to ask if Peg spoke French, or just knew a few words, but this was not the time or place.

Just then, Elaine and Sara ran up the steps.

"Hi, Peggy."

"Hi, Cousin Peggy."

"Hi, you two."

Ed, Leni, Uncle Ross and Aunt Beth took their time on the steps, and appeared a few seconds later.

I made introductions all around, and we asked for a table. We got one of the large, round tables, and the pleasant Chinese cart ladies started coming around. With so many people, we were able to get quite a variety.

I enjoyed watching Peg explain to her cousins what each cart of food contained. The servers wheeled their carts, and you pointed to items or asked for them. Each plate had enough for two to six people to have a piece. They stamped your table's ticket each time, placing the stamp in the correct price section.

The girls were fairly adventurous, and only said "eeew" a couple of times. One of them was when Ed ordered the salt-and-pepper shrimp. They are huge, and are served in the shell with the heads on. You eat the whole thing, shell and all. When Ed, Peg, Uncle Ross and I held them up like a toast, dipped them in chili sauce and then bit the heads off in unison, that got an "eeew."

At lunch Ed related the story of his proposal on the Duck Tour for the benefit of Sara Elaine and me.

"The Duck Boats are WWII amphibious vehicles that drive all around Boston, with driver/tour guides who are real characters. They point out the sights, tell funny stories, and generally entertain the passengers. Passengers can buy "quackers," little yellow plastic duck bills that emit a quacking sound to "sound off" along the way."

"Can we get quackers?" Elaine asked.

"You bet. At one point in the tour, they drive the Ducks into the Charles River and give a tour from the water. They let passengers steer the boat when they are safely in the main channel. It's easy, and even small children are able to handle it with supervision from the tour guide. You two can give it a try, if you want," he continued, addressing Sara and Elaine.

"Well, Leni volunteered to be one of the drivers, and I couldn't resist the urge. I had the ring in my pocket, and intended to give it to her that night over dinner. Instead, I asked the tour guide for the microphone and I proposed over the loudspeaker. When Leni said 'yes,' the boat erupted in quacking and applause. Now whenever Leni and are in Boston, we take the Duck Tour."

I said, "I was lucky when I called the reservation line. There were enough seats for us all, and Mom and Dad want to come along as well."

Leni said, "Great! The more, the merrier."

After lunch, we took cabs over the Pru (The Prudential Center) which was one of the two Duck Tour embarkation locations.

We boarded and the tour began. We all enjoyed our guide, who was in "footie" Dr Denton pajamas and carried a teddy bear.

When we went through the exclusive, pricey Beacon Hill neighborhood, or guide said that it was company policy to tell us not to use the quackers, as the rich people who lived there didn't like it. It was like pouring gasoline on a flame. The boat erupted in quacking for a few seconds.

As we passed through one neighborhood, the driver told us about a huge molasses storage tank that had burst in 1919. It flooded the neighborhood with over 2 million gallons of molasses, and 21 people drowned in it or were crushed.

"Eeeew," said Sara and Elaine together.

When we hit the river and made it to open water, the guide asked if anyone wanted to drive the boat.

We all started chanting, "Leni, Leni, Leni."

Blushing, Leni got up and took the Captain's seat. Ed got up and whispered something to the guide. She handed Ed the mike. Ed explained that he had proposed on the boat, and he recreated the event. It was met with quacks and applause.

Leni took her seat, and the guide asked if there was anyone else who wanted to drive the boat. I told our group that I would love to see Peg in the same place her mother had just been in.

"Peg, you said you liked 'corny,' and this is about as corny as it gets."

She blushed and said, "Okay. For the sake of corniness."

As she was getting settled in her seat, I whispered something to the guide, and she gave me the mike.

Peg was watching the water in front of her. Leni called out for her to turn around for a picture. When she did, she saw me on one knee next to her. I was holding a jewelry box, and in it was an engagement ring.

Over the loudspeaker, I said, "Captain Peggy, will you marry me? Will you be my wife?"

The only sound came from the engine. The whole boatload of tourists was holding their breath.

Peggy was genuinely surprised. It took her a moment to realize what was actually happening. Our guide grabbed the wheel, as Peggy had forgotten she was supposed to be driving the boat.

Four or five very long seconds later, Peggy jumped from the seat and hugged me.

"Yes. Yes I will marry you Alex!"

We kissed, and the boat exploded into a cacophony of quacks, cheers and applause. I nervously put the ring on her finger and she held it up for the boat to see. Another round of quacks and applause.

Mom, Leni, Aunt Beth, Sara and Elaine were all crying. So were most of the other women on the boat, along with a few guys.

We took our seats with family and strangers congratulating us. I barely heard them.

I was lost in her soft brown eyes.

On the way back to the Pru, I heard Mom and Leni talking about wedding planners, venues, dates and caterers.

"Mom," I said, "give us a break. We're not even on dry land yet."

Peg said, "If your mom is anything like mine, they're on a roll. There's no stopping them."

We all laughed.

A few minutes before the boat was back at the Pru, my cell phone rang. I was going to shut it off when I noticed the caller ID. It was Whittenstone. I answered.

"Hello."

"Is this Alex?"

"Yes it is."

"Alex, this is Abner Franks from Human Resources at Whittenstone Indistries. We've sent you a formal letter, but we like to make personal contact as well with our successful applicants. Are you still interested in the job?"

I squeezed Peg's hand and said, "Yes I am."

"Can you be here in two weeks?"

"I believe I can."

"Great. Your instructions are in the packet with the letter. You should sign you contract and send it back in the envelope in the packet. Congratulations! Your evaluation scores were higher than any other applicant, and the recruiter at your school said your interview was excellent. Welcome aboard."

"Thank you," I replied.

"You are welcome," said Abner. "Have a good day."

"Honey, I got the job! We're both going to be working at Whittenstone!"

She hugged me and said, "Oh, Sweetie. That's great! One less thing to worry about."

"Was your call from a guy named Abner?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"Did he say 'welcome aboard?'"

"Uh-huh."

"I just had the weirdest feeling. He just said it to me while I was sitting in a boat."

Ed said, "What's the secret to . . ."

"Timing!" yelled Peg, and we all laughed.

Dad asked me where we would like to go for dinner.

Peg said, "Have you ever been to Bella Vista in the North End?"

"No. Is it good?"

"Fabulous. It's not fancy, but the food is great, and it's not expensive. One long weekend last year I had a little time on my hands, and I went to see Paul Revere's house and the Old North Church. I was looking for a place to eat on a student's budget, and I found Bella Vista.

"The menu posted on the window looked good, and the prices were moderate, especially for Hanover Street in the North End. I ordered fried calamari, and it came in a dish the size of a truck hubcap! I asked the waiter why the portions were so generous. He replied that if they weren't, the locals wouldn't go there to eat. I've wanted to go back, but I haven't had the chance.

"Can we make it an early dinner, say five or five-thirty? Tomorrow's graduation and I'd like a little time to talk to . . ."

She looked at me with those brown eyes. They were tearing up again.

". . . to my fiancé."

That was the first time either of us had used that word, and time stopped. I think Dad said something about it being okay, but I wasn't listening.

We arrived back at the Pru, and we disembarked. Everyone wanted to go shopping, so we went inside the mall. We split up and agreed to meet back at the entrance at four.

Peg and I browsed the mall, and saw The Body Shop. We went inside and asked one of the salespeople what she recommended for a good quality massage oil.

She looked at the two of us holding hands.

"Are you looking for something to get the kinks out . . ."

She turned her head down slightly and looked over the top of her glasses.

". . . or are you looking to let your kinks out?" she finished with a wink.

When Peg blushed, the saleslady said, "Ah. The latter."

I blushed, too.

She showed us a few oils, and we settled on the one that smelled the best to the two of us, The Body Shop's Sensual Massage Oil.

With purchase in tow, we ambled around, holding hands and just enjoying being together.

We found a shop named Free People. I'd never heard of it before, but the clothes looked interesting. It turned out that they cater primarily to women in their 20s.

I was looking at some dresses when Peg tugged on my hand. Without a word, she directed my gaze to the lingerie section.

I loved Peg's body just the way it was, but the though of her in lingerie was suddenly very appealing.

I walked with her over to the lingerie, and she began to examine a few pieces.

"I've never owned a single piece of this stuff."

She ran her hand over a breezy slip.

"Feel this."

"Mmmm. Silky."

I put the hem of the slip over her hand and ran my fingers over it. I don't think she had ever experienced that sensation.

"I'd like to feel your skin . . . your breasts . . . under that," I whispered in her ear.

She turned beet red, and kissed me.

"I'd like that, too," she whispered back.

I had come to the conclusion some time back that Peg had always had a low self esteem problem because her breasts were small, her ass was slim and her acne and braces were off-putting. The self image was degraded further by having Goldie for a roommate. Goldie was centerfold material, and next to her Peg thought she looked even worse.

Not that my self esteem had been any better. With my looks, manner of dressing and my nose always in a book, people paid little attention to me. Peggy's love for me had given me the strength to look people in the eye, speak my mind and feel good about myself.

Peggy had come to the realization that I actually did love her body type. It wasn't that I was a horny geek who fell in love with the first body that became available to him. I actually believe she is beautiful.

With this realization came a more positive self image and a desire to make the best of what she had. She brushed her hair every day now. She used cosmetics. Sparingly, but she used them. She developed a confidence worthy of her great intellect.

She paid attention to the way she dressed, and she particularly paid attention to what pleased me. She found I loved her in dresses. Other clothes were fine by me, too, but she noticed I looked at her more often in dresses and skirts.

Now holding the slip, she saw how I looked at her. She knew I was imagining seeing and feeling her in it.

To be the object of a man's desire. That was still new and exciting. My look made her happy. Really happy.

She held onto the slip and continued browsing. She found a soft, silky bra and showed it to me.

I put the bra over her hand and put the slip over it.

"Soft materials, low coefficient of friction, ability to tactilely detect changes in skin texture. Oh, yeah."

I leaned over and whispered in her ear, "Do you have any idea what it would feel like for me to run my hands over your nipples with you wearing that slip over this bra?"

Her knees weakened, and she backed up and sat on the display table behind her. I had a feeling she was wet, and I wished there was someplace we could go. Rats! Bad timing.

I took the two items out of her hand and went to the cashier.

"I would like these for my fiancé," I said proudly.

Three months ago I wouldn't have even gone into a woman's clothing store, let alone bought lingerie.